MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Pathogen EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Pathogen EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Pathogen EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Pathogen EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Pathogen EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Pathogen EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Pathogen EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Pathogen EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Pathogen EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Pathogen

2 posters

Go down

Pathogen Empty Pathogen

Post by Cynewynn Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:08 am

So I've been exploring about the site for some time now, and noticed a nice lack of combination element choices for some elements. While I can't remedy all of them, some are certainly far more readily mixed than others (Fire and earth can each mix with practically anything for a combo element >_>; ). So, while exploring the ideas of some other elements I came up with one I felt might be used to boost one of the harder to use elements, namely plant. By default, it was described to me that plant covers literal plants, and poisons, and that's pretty much it. Enter the pathogen, which for the purposes of clarity I'll point out how that's different from a poison now. A pathogen would cover micro-scale infection, viruses, or invasion of a body on a cellular level, usually through biological means, though this is by no means comprehensive. A poison or venom on the other hand are generally caused by infliction from a larger scale wound, or may be possibly taken by inhalation or other such means. A poison generally speaking immediately attacks the host body in any way it can, whereas a pathogen can be much more sinister. If it helps, you can imagine a poison as a brute with a club, and a pathogen as a master assassin, waiting to strike.
I understand the differences may be minute, but if it allows for that much more creativity, even a bit of a difference can be good, in my own opine. As for the combination, I actually feel we can leave that up to discussion, as I would quite enjoy the feedback. However, I personally would nominate water. Most life is made at least partly of it, microbiological structures included. Plus generally speaking an infection or virus has to travel through a fluid medium to attack the host (Usually blood. though not exclusively.).
I am also aware that moon, in it's omnipresence, can replicate much of this effect to some extent. Personally however, I can't imagine it being as strong, or as real even, as a dedicated element for it.

Whatever may come of this, I thank you for taking the time to read it through, and I look forward to hearing your feedback. Do have a pleasant day.
Cynewynn
Cynewynn

Back to top Go down

Pathogen Empty Re: Pathogen

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Plant covers biology, not just plants and poison. This includes your flesh creation fetish.

imeanwut.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynewynn Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

That's now how I heard it :/

[11:24:19 AM] Darius, Follower of Shirenae: Someone told me Plant was biology
[11:24:28 AM] Hanniblue Lecter: They were super wrong bruh
[11:24:32 AM] Hanniblue Lecter: That was KH logic on it
[11:24:51 AM] Hanniblue Lecter: If I wanted to blanket it like that I'd just call it Biology

----------------------------------------------------

[11:28:25 AM] Hanniblue Lecter: We blanketed poisons underneath of it simply because there are a lot of things.

I may be wrong, ofc. But I'm getting two different versions of plant from two mods ^_^;
Maybe we should clearly define plant before we move on?
....Also, c'mon now, flesh fetish?
Cynewynn
Cynewynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 pm

I was reiterating what I was told originally, when I had made an undead character. If that's not longer the case, then pathogen should be looked into, considering disease is an important meta.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Clarified ruling, disease is non-elemental.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynewynn Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Saw that. Feel free to close this then, as I'm sure you're already doing. ^_^;
Cynewynn
Cynewynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content