MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Songs for Writing - Participation? EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Songs for Writing - Participation?

2 posters

Go down

Songs for Writing - Participation? Empty Songs for Writing - Participation?

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Alright so, I like to write as I listen to music. A lot of people do, and it induces emotions that might really assist with it. I'm far from a good writer as there are many out there who out-class me, but I still enjoy the hobby of doing it. So, if any of you are interested, I'd like to do a game of sorts. Taking a list of 5 songs, within that time frame you are to write as much as you can based around the emotions induced from the music. A story given motion by the songs. You list your 5 songs and what you wrote. I'm not sure if 5 is too short or too long, but try to keep it at a maximum of half an hour. If need be, 45 minutes as a maximum. This is a form of speed-writing that I will admit to having some proficiency in. It's not a contest, it's more so to see what people can come up with in a short time-frame.

I will start with my list:

Gold - Imagine Dragons
Unstable - Krizz Kaliko
Panacea for the Poison - Flobots
MIA - Avenged Sevenfold
Conquest of Spaces - Woodkid

Note: It can be any form, I'm doing a short-story.

In the king's wake, fire had been strewn along the castle. The shadows had already glided along the grounds, slaying those who dared raising their blades and sparing those who cowered. One figure walked throughout all the chaos, a slow pace to demonstrate power and the lack of need to display it. Robed and scarred by battle, the figure watched as the shadows danced about. The grounds had a dark crevice of slavery and sin, the figure sending his minions to unleash the broken souls from within. However, he had to approach his king. His king had betrayed him, abused him, and now he came with a mighty fury. It wasn't a surprise -- the king was purposely warned ahead of time. A dark cloud came rolling in, storming and shattering structures of the castle with its mighty lightning. The figure carried a staff with a brilliantly glowing lapus lazuli. As he neared the throne room, several guards attempted to surround him. The shadows formed real figures, thieves with mighty daggers that sliced open the throats of those who opposed the leader. This mighty figure had not halted when the guards came, feeling the thieves disappear back into their shadow form.

Entering the hall of superiority, the king had sat on his golden throne in platinum armor. As if he was too good to wear actually effective armor. Too mighty of a voice, but his guard had simply been equivalent to mercenary flies. The figure removed the veil, looking at the king with a face of contempt. Bringing his staff up, he slammed it down to produce a flash. All of a sudden, the thieves had been spread throughout the throne room, two right next to the king with their hand crossbows pointed at his heart and head. The others carried proper crossbows, all aimed at various locations of the body. They were there in the flash as if they were always there, but they were merely summoned. The figure was dark-haired with a pale complexion. His eyes were a bright red, however it did not represent evil. "King, do you know why I'm here?" The king did not budge, silent in fear. His might was gone. "No need, you know why. The people killed, kidnapped, and enslaved for your bettering. Your advantage above all, oh mighty king." The man had waved his fingers, summoning a brand to the ground in front of him. The arcane energy imprinted a magic circle on the ground with several glyphs decorating it. "I can summon the doom of your kingdom. I can tear your castle down. But I don't, because I come for you and NOT your country. I came as their true representative, and I come to end your tyranny. Have you not any words?" The king stood up, but the thieves simply followed with their aim. The king had no weapons, no look of victory or honor. No pride was left and his morale was crushed. Yet, he still spoke in his own defense. "So simply you cast me aside? And what does that prove? You destroyed me, victory for you. For the greedy country of deceit and crime."

The king got closer and closer to the mage. "Whatever I touch? It turns to gold. It turned to gold. You are going to kill me, and I'm hopeless. But just know, there are many more like me. You'll keep killing 'me' and yet, you'll only drain this country of what it will always have." the king slowly kneeled down, looking up at the mage with a final fury. "I AM THE KING! And I will always be, for I am just the vessel of greed that shows the world how this country truly is. Weak. And full of sin." The magic circle began to shine furiously, and a cage of arcane energy entangled the man. The figure shook his head, twisting his hand and closing his fingers quickly, the cage closing the gaps that gave visibility to the king. The cage sunk into the ground and what was left was just a brand to the grounds of the divine throne room. Walking to the throne, the mage wondered what would become of the kingdom. The man was right, he couldn't simply allow another soul of greed to take the throne. His family was dead, and only the most pristine of silver tongues would take the throne. Only gold polishes that kind of silver. Only corruption gives it its sheen, and only evil can truly give it value. Looking back at the thieves, he held out a hand, watching their bodies fade into clouds of shadow. Their duty was over, and they returned to his palm to form a detailed, black sigil.

"I cannot allow this country to become something deeply rooted in this loop of gluttony. I must give it the structure it has so desperately needed. Every country needs someone like me, someone with power to control it." The mage sat down on the golden throne, feeling it transmute into a proper stone throne. Looking into the distance, the cloud of darkness had already wreaked havoc on the castle walls, laying waste to the survivors. Waving a hand, the cloud had cleared itself of its thunderous properties and whitened. The expression of intensity told of the hardships the mage would have to deal with as he planned the future of the country. He knew best, the rulers always knew best. He had to know best, or else the country would destroy itself or be destroyed by others. The king was just one piece, and now the tyranny of evil would be destroyed one by one as the countries united into a Pangaea. Equality would come to the lands, and he would reign supreme as the Godfather of society. He would not fall to corruption, and the first act to prevent that is to destroy freedom and replace it with order. Give the people things to occupy them and create the illusion of freedom, but the root of his hands will give him an eternal grip over his people.

Humanity did not deserve freedom, not after what he has seen.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Songs for Writing - Participation? Empty Re: Songs for Writing - Participation?

Post by Jensen Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:35 pm

I will donate $1.00 for each person who seriously participates in this

/crosses fingers and hides them
Jensen
Jensen

Back to top Go down