MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Skill Tree: Skeleton Man EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Skill Tree: Skeleton Man

2 posters

Go down

Skill Tree: Skeleton Man Empty Skill Tree: Skeleton Man

Post by Jasper Poe Sun May 31, 2015 1:50 am

Base Ability - Skeleton Man!:
Jasper is an exotic creature; because of this, he's granted the power of immunity to effects that require biology... Jasper isn't able to be made sickly or poisoned in that manner. Jasper doesn't require the need to eat, sleep, or breath. This doesn't make him immune to magical effects that would induce something like sleep, since he isn't incapable of it. However, it removes these requirements: If a person tried to suffocate, drown, or smother him they'd fail. As a skeleton, Jasper can easily remove any of his bones from their proper places. However, others could potentially find ways of doing this as well. Jasper is a bit of a special case in that regard. A character wouldn't be able to break the skeleton boy's bones until after he is KO'd, but they could feasibly pull him apart and it wouldn't kill or KO him. If for some reason a body part of Jasper's is lost, he can salvage bones from graveyards or battlefields. As already stated Jasper Poe is a skeleton. He doesn't have to have sensory perception in a normal way, such as a nervous system, and since the boy lacks eyes, ears, or a nose; he doesn't use those either. Jasper makes up for these senses in an equivalent but supernatural fashion, due to the moon element serving as his force of feelings and sense. These senses are powered by the moon function and 'cannot' be silenced. Jasper doesn't operate with the human field of functions, therefore, people cannot blind or deafen him in any way or form.
Base Ability Cool Down: Passive

Tier One
1st Skill -  Bone Displacement Method!: In the case the boy removes his bones or the enemy manages to do it as well. Jasper's detached bones may be controlled telekineticly to re-position and reattach themselves to Jasper's body if he wills them as such. He can control all of his bones telekineticly, through mental focus, to fight. This allows him to battle without needing to have his limbs in place as he does so. This has a range of fifteen feet, however the closer his limbs are, the stronger his control around them becomes.
2nd Skill - Ignorance!: Jasper can retain his base ability even while [Transmutation] is toggled on.
3rd Skill - Trick!: Jasper can designate up to three bones and transmutates them into snakes, using the power of moon. They must be disconnected from his body in order for this effect to resolve. [CD: 3]
4th Skill -  Skeleton Man's Rules!: Jasper has access to four extra slots past his maximum.
5th Skill -  Treat!: Jasper can designate up to three snakes and can change them back into bones.
[CD: 3]

Tier Two
1st Skill:
2nd Skill:
3rd Skill:
4th Skill:

Tier Three
1st Skill:
2nd Skill:
3rd Skill:

Tier Fourth
1st Skill:
2nd Skill:

Tier Five
1st Skill:

Last edited by Jasper Poe on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 17 times in total
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Skill Tree: Skeleton Man Empty Re: Skill Tree: Skeleton Man

Post by Game Master Sun May 31, 2015 8:09 am

If you want to take some more time to think about it, we can work to make the base ability more effective. There are a handful of skill trees that essentially turn somebodies into whole other races, and I'm under the impression there may be one for an undead character that we could apply and modify here. That way you could be a full time skeleton.

Also, bones are difficult if not impossible to break before KO anyway, so mentioning it is moot.

Strong Bones has too great an effect at tier one. We do not use percents because numbers are too easily abusable, and if we did, that percentage would be roughly five times what I would allow at tier one. At tier one, it may grant you a slight resistance to one kind of element, but it can not do this and grant you regeneration.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Sun May 31, 2015 8:46 am

Modify really? I'm interested in your ideas upon it, personally, I liked the idea of looking human half the time and then unexpectedly warping myself into my skeletal form. It would be really fun to see people's reactions. We can discuss anything on it if you'd like though, I'm super curious.
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Did some digging and talked with other staff. I would recommend, for your base ability, dropping it entirely. If you are worried about a disguise, it wouldn't be hard to get a Synth item that altered your appearance, so you could be a skeleton and look human.

As for what the base ability should entail, everything I list should be in the base ability in some form.

Immunity to effects that require biology- You won't be able to be made sickly or poisoned in that manner, barring some bizarre supernatural or magical variant of one of the two.

Doesn't need to eat, sleep, or breath- self explanatory. it doesn't make you immune to magical effects that would induce something like sleep, since you aren't incapable of it. However, it removes these requirements. If a person tried to suffocate you, they'd fail.

State that you can easily remove your bones from their proper place, but be weary that others may find it just as easy if not easier to do so. You're a bit of a special case in that regard. A person won't be able to break your bones until you are KO'd, but they could feasibly pull you apart and it wouldn't kill or KO you.

If for some reason a body part of yours is lost, write in that you can salvage bones from graveyards.

Also, you are a skeleton. You don't have to have sensory perception in a normal way, such as feeling pain, and since technically you don't have eyes, ears, or a nose you should  write in that you make up for these senses in an equivalent but Supernatural fashion, that way people can't blind or deafen you.

Those are the five big things I think can make up the base ability.

For Bone Replacement Method, just give yourself telekinetic control over your bones within a short range. If you want to be specific or nonspecific in that range, it is up to you. Keep in mind that if a person is strong enough, they could overpower the mental control you would be exerting.

Harder bones doesn't really do much for you when people already can't break them to a major enough degree that it would keep you from fighting until the point you'd be KO'd usually. I would suggest attempting to explore some other skill trees and finding a different T1 that suits your palate.

I would say that Bone Displacement Method, as a skeleton with no pain receptors, and already established the ability to move your bones out of place and around, this skill has just become unnecessary. Once more, you should find something that tickles your fancy to replace it.

I would still advise against Regeneration. No matter how long it takes, I don't feel it is wise to grant full regeneration at tier one. It would be partial at best. I'm assuming it is full regeneration, as it doesn't say.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Changing these things up, would mean I would need to edit my character sheet entirely. I guess I can go do that, or no? For this synth item, I can't start with it or must I have to make one? ;-;
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun May 31, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, I'm not angling to make you do any of this, I simply think it would benefit you more. You may decline if you want, and we'll just work on the base skill tree.

But I will say this: the skill tree mention the magic of Halloween Town. I need to inform you: Halloween Town has no magic. Sora, Donald, Goofy took those appearances in Halloween Town in the first game due to Donald's Magic, and in the second game due to a combination of Donald's Magic and Sora's new clothing. We tend to adhere to that rule in regards to world-hopping here. I'm not sure if that affects anything in your character sheet, if it does I apologize for the inconvenience that knowledge may bring.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Bump
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:34 am