MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Universal Sage EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Universal Sage EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Universal Sage EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Universal Sage EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Universal Sage EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Universal Sage EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Universal Sage EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Universal Sage EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Universal Sage EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Universal Sage

2 posters

Go down

Universal Sage Empty Universal Sage

Post by Serenae Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Base Ability: Serenae can cast any single spell in her arsenal for no cost.
Base Ability Cool Down: 5 posts.

Tier One
1st Skill: Serenae is capable of channeling light to create portals.
2nd Skill: Serenae's MP recharge is reduced by 1 post per 2 character tiers, starting with 1 post reduction at tier 1 and ending with 3 post reduction at tier 5.
3rd Skill: Serenae can cast spells even if they require more MP than she has remaining in her pool. This skill is not available during MP cool down.
4th Skill: Simply by looking, Serenae can divulge the primary elemental affinities and character tiers of characters.
5th Skill: Serenae's spells deal additional damage based on her missing MP, hitting for minor extra damage below 2/3 of max MP and moderate extra damage when she is below 1/3 of max MP. The damage bonus is lost after MP recharges or is restored.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Serenae's maximum MP is increased by 25 per character tier.
2nd Skill: Due to her incredible mental fortitude, Serenae's mind becomes impervious to attacks or intrusions of any kind. This also gives her the ability to communicate telepathically. While communicating telepathically, she makes her mind vulnerable to attacks from those she is communicating with, should they desire to attack her.
3rd Skill: Every time Serenae casts or is affected by a spell, she restores 20 MP. A spell she casts that affects herself only triggers this effect once.
4th Skill: All of Serenae's skill and ability cool downs are reduced by 1 post per character tier. Her cool downs can not be reduced to lower than 1 post by this ability.

Tier Three
1st Skill: Serenae gains mastery over the Water element. For all intensive and technical purposes, Water is now considered one of her primary elements.
2nd Skill: Serenae can designate any one of her primary elements. As long as this element is selected, Serenae can cast spells for free from her selected element. Upon using any spell from her selected element, that element goes on a global cool down for 5 posts. Serenae can change her element selection once per post.
3rd Skill: All of Serenae's spell costs are reduced by half. The cost amount after reduction is rounded up to the nearest 5.

Tier Four
1st Skill: Any retribution effect that affects Serenae rebounds upon the originator of the effect. Serenae is still affected by the effect. This does not include reflect spells, as those are a rebounded effect not a direct effect.
2nd Skill: Due to her incredible mental fortitude, all magic that Serenae uses has a colossal boost in raw power. This is expressed as damage in offensive spells, effective healing in supportive spells, and durability in barrier spells, as well as similar effects on other ability types where applicable. Her skills are affected under the same parameters.

Tier Five
1st Skill: Serenae gains the ability to generate an almost immeasurably powerful barrier around herself. It is white-gold in color and surrounds Serenae on all sides, creating a glowing effect. This barrier is nigh impenetrable and supernatural in nature, meaning it cannot be negated. The barrier regenerates to full at the beginning of each of Serenae's posts. The barrier has the same durability as a character with fully augmented T5 endurance. If something magical hits the barrier that isn't strong enough to break it, it simply flows around the barrier as if it were water, not removing any potency from the spell. If a melee or ranged attack strikes the barrier and isn't strong enough to break it, it is stopped cold and the attacker's attack will rebound based on their own driving force. The barrier lasts for one of Serenae's posts. Serenae can only use this ability once per topic. Once broken, the force taken to break the barrier would fold inward causing it to fade, and while the barrier would protect Serenae from fatal damage, it would drop her critically close to passing out. If the barrier fades without being broken, Serenae doesn't receive any negative side effects.

Last edited by Serenae on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 am; edited 7 times in total
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Directory : Character Directory
Timeline : Character Timeline

Back to top Go down

Universal Sage Empty Re: Universal Sage

Post by Game Master Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Crackhead Idea from Serenae's Mind wrote:Base Ability: Serenae can cast any spell in her arsenal for no cost.

You're high.

Since the second skill in T1 reduces cooldown by one per character tier, I'm going to apply the same rule here that I would to DP and say that because it is scaling, and since it can't be less than one post, it has to be T2 to achieve this affect.

Define a mental attack for me. An intrusion is self-implicating. Attacks come in potentially many flavors.

The third skill needs to be Tier 4 minimum.

The fourth skill is reaching. Given the nature of MP, I would like that skill to either be Tier 4 or drastically toned down and then bumped to Tier 3.

I will let you change that element selection once per five posts.

I will not allow total immunity to the entire punishment meta. You may select a form of the punishment meta that does not affect you- MP, Element, Skill, Ability Type, ect, mainly because its possible to punish a lot of things. We haven't seen it explored enough yet to list all the possibilities.

At Tier Four I allow a person to chose one element that they passively absorb. I will not allow a person to switch between them at that same tier.

I will let you have this barrier, but it will obey the barrier meta and it can, as a result, only last one post. Additionally, I'm not going to allow it to bend attacks around that aren't strong enough to break it. There is not a reason that I would allow you to have a barrier that could absorb a potentially ludicrous amount of MP, avoids damage that doesn't overcome it, and lasts until you feel like it.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Game Master wrote:
Crackhead Idea from Serenae's Mind wrote:Base Ability: Serenae can cast any spell in her arsenal for no cost.

You're high.

Edited for clarity.

Game Master wrote:Since the second skill in T1 reduces cooldown by one per character tier, I'm going to apply the same rule here that I would to DP and say that because it is scaling, and since it can't be less than one post, it has to be T2 to achieve this affect.

Moved to Tier 2.
Added another ability to Tier 1 in it's place.

Game Master wrote:Define a mental attack for me. An intrusion is self-implicating. Attacks come in potentially many flavors.

Attacks that would cause noises inside my head, or artificial pain. Things like that. In order to psych me out you'd have to essentially do it with words rather than mental attacks.

Game Master wrote:The third skill needs to be Tier 4 minimum.

May I keep it at a lower tier if I expend DP to banish all summons of equal or lower DP cost?

Game Master wrote:The fourth skill is reaching. Given the nature of MP, I would like that skill to either be Tier 4 or drastically toned down and then bumped to Tier 3.

Moved to Tier 4.

Game Master wrote:I will let you change that element selection once per five posts.
Edited.

Game Master wrote:I will not allow total immunity to the entire punishment meta. You may select a form of the punishment meta that does not affect you- MP, Element, Skill, Ability Type, ect, mainly because its possible to punish a lot of things. We haven't seen it explored enough yet to list all the possibilities.
Noted, contemplating.

Game Master wrote:At Tier Four I allow a person to chose one element that they passively absorb. I will not allow a person to switch between them at that same tier.
Removed, replaced with MP reduction per tier. Curious if possible to buff that to be stronger at tier 4 or if 20 is the cap at tier 4.

Game Master wrote:I will let you have this barrier, but it will obey the barrier meta and it can, as a result, only last one post. Additionally, I'm not going to allow it to bend attacks around that aren't strong enough to break it. There is not a reason that I would allow you to have a barrier that could absorb a potentially ludicrous amount of MP, avoids damage that doesn't overcome it, and lasts until you feel like it.
You misunderstand, the barrier doesn't flex. Whatever is hitting it flows around it instead. That way it doesn't remove the potency of aoe magical spells that hit it. Would that affect the duration at all? As for physical projectiles, edited.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 pm

The duration will be unaffected. Barrier Meta states that they last one post. This is to keep people from finding ways to maintain hyper-powerful barriers indefinitely.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 pm

A few additional things I missed, and to address your question this reply will do as well.

I mentioned when I made you bump the other skill up to tier two, that DP that adds one per tier at T1 would need to be raised to T2 as well. I see now you have that as an ability. I need that one to be tier two as well in its current form.

Something I should have addressed with the Cooldown ability: I need it to say that it can not lower a person's cooldown below a minimum of 1, no matter what.

No to the DP, since that effectively uses your DP to overpower the DP of multiple other players.

Since I've never had to directly address it, no. I'm going to just say you get a -5 per tier for now, and see if my opinion on it evolves later.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:25 am

Game Master wrote:The duration will be unaffected. Barrier Meta states that they last one post. This is to keep people from finding ways to maintain hyper-powerful barriers indefinitely.
Understood.

Game Master wrote:I mentioned when I made you bump the other skill up to tier two, that DP that adds one per tier at T1 would need to be raised to T2 as well. I see now you have that as an ability. I need that one to be tier two as well in its current form.
Changed the ability.

Game Master wrote:Something I should have addressed with the Cooldown ability: I need it to say that it can not lower a person's cooldown below a minimum of 1, no matter what.
Edited.

Game Master wrote:No to the DP, since that effectively uses your DP to overpower the DP of multiple other players.
Changed the ability.

Game Master wrote:Since I've never had to directly address it, no. I'm going to just say you get a -5 per tier for now, and see if my opinion on it evolves later.
Err, what? If this is referring to the MP cost reduction per tier, I moved it up in order to keep it in tact. Also, I have a -40 MP cost effect in another tree that is tier 3. That would make this a substantial amount weaker than that, and at a higher tier.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Serenae wrote:
Game Master wrote:I will not allow total immunity to the entire punishment meta. You may select a form of the punishment meta that does not affect you- MP, Element, Skill, Ability Type, ect, mainly because its possible to punish a lot of things. We haven't seen it explored enough yet to list all the possibilities.
Noted, contemplating.

Can I change this to mirror retribution effects? As in I'm still affected but if I get affected, the person generating the effect also suffers from the effect?
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:51 pm

You may create a punishment for punishments.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:08 am

Edited.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:34 am

Bump.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Approved

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Updated.

T4 S2 reworked and moved to T3 S3.

T3 S3 buffed and moved to T4 S2.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:03 pm

For the 3rd skill in tier one, I will need a range. Also, a recent approval has a person who drains 10 MP on contact. Given that this ability is ranged and not contact based, and also triggered whenever MP is given, in its current state I'll only allow 5 MP given that recent ruling. However, if there were some type of condition or drawback, I would raise it to 10 MP. Alternatively, you may replace this skill.

Additionally, it has sense been determined that allowing people to directly divine a person's physical strengths and weaknesses is nonsensical, as a third of these strengths and weaknesses are mentally confined. You would at best be able to determine Character Tier. Given that you have moon element you may be able to divine more than that, but it would need to occur beyond simply "on sight".

On review of the second skill of Tier Three, it will need a cool down between free castings, even if small. Additionally, you will now be able to switch freely between selected elemental affinities whenever the skill is not on cool down, at a moment's notice.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:43 pm

T1 S3 moved to T2 and tweaked.

Edited.

One cast per post is the cool down for the ability. This ability is an extension from the base ability which basically gives me a second free spell cast per post but it's more specialized. The idea was to give me two per post so that I could manage my MP costs more effectively using MP restoration.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:53 am

This would still allow that, it just not allow you to cast one free spell per post with no restriction except for elemental affiliation.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Serenae wrote:*snip* which basically gives me a second free spell cast per post but it's more specialized */snip*

Sure it allows that, but not once per post. Is there inherently anything wrong with keeping the ability how it is, given it's current drawbacks? If it's not approveable in that state, what drawbacks would allow it to continue being one use per post?
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 pm

For every free spell you cast using that ability, all of your active cool downs increase by one.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 am

Previous T3 S2 wrote:Serenae can designate any one of her primary elements. Once per post she can cast a spell of her chosen element for no cost. She can change her element selection once per 5 five of her own posts.

New iteration of T3 S2 wrote:Serenae can designate any one of her primary elements. As long as this element is selected, Serenae can cast spells for free from her selected element. Upon using any spell from her selected element, that element goes on a global cool down for 5 posts. Serenae can change her element selection once per post.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:40 am

Approved

Game Master
Admin