MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Are There Strings on Me? [Closed]

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Are There Strings on Me? [Closed]

Post by Drake Pathos Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Darius smiled while Ellis took a more docile position. She wasn't quite her own being yet, only a figment of his imagination, and any sort of jealously or human feeling wouldn't exactly simulate or develop quite yet. For now, she'd just take a seat and wait until the boy needed someone to contend to him. He was a very excited being, someone with a brightness in his heart that held little darkness if any. He saw that everyone needed to be free of the bindings of the people around them. If people wouldn't understand, they'd be taught or left alone while ambition runs wild and free. Darius awaited her to take his hand, because he wanted to show her his intention. Snapping his fingers and tapping one of his feet, he started to get a groove going. "To have fun and adventure for a bit, but there is so much more than just being silly. But first, stop hiding your smile. Stop caring about others and live!" Darius gave this wide-eyed look of broad ambition to do something great. He was a kid, after all. He would experience what he could before age and psychology sent him to Hades.

She saw herself as a fox, separate from his meaning. No, he meant the nature of humans and man, not their actual distinct animals. Anyone can be compared to bears in military combat, but foxes in social combat. The game played between tongues and the words fired from vocal trebuchets. If that was the case, then Darius was..."Well, if you're a fox then call me a lion. Hand grabs wish and want while eyes see future and dreams. One in the same, fusion beyond binocular, aye!" He played with his words quite well, and it was how he liked to speak. It could be vulgar, or someone on Faye's level could hear the more advanced levels of it. He knew that people just saw him as an annoyance, and he placed his bow on their fiddled and played. When Darius calmed a bit, he realized there was an ultimate goal and he needed someone who could see like he could see to follow suit. "I want to bring freedom and joy to the worlds but I bring too much ash in my decisions. My mind sees and does differently, but my hands...can only listen so much with how corrupt these governing forces are. I...had to destroy the threat of chemical influence and it ended up...hazardous." Darius, before Faye could take his hand, would move away and put his hands on his head, throwing down his hat.

"And my proposal is that you take some time with me, come see a world in a different light. Come see the worlds in its magnificence. Don't you ever feel...empty? Like the ignition is broken and you need someone to fix it? Well, I have had to fix it on more than one occasion." Darius crouched, and this is where he started becoming more emotional. His happy smile was fading. "And I want someone to see me for who I am, not just some hot-headed punk. Oh! Look, I can even show you. My maps..." He pulled out his notepad and showed her the sketches me makes of weapons and clothing as well as the worlds he maps. "You do what's right for your home. I ruined my place in both worlds I gave that name to for the greater good." Darius' heart was pumping full of adrenaline and anxiety, and eventually just sat on a bed of wind. "I honestly am bullshitting right now. In all the wit, in all the inspirational tones. I really just want you to walk with me and see places for a moment. I've never asked someone that before. Besides, I can tell that you're different from the rest. You wouldn't mind a radical roller coaster of crazy right? C'mon! That smile says it all!" Darius had something Faye might not, or might. The ability to switch between being human and being witty to a fault.

Maybe he was just misguided. He could've been guided to greater things, yet he led himself to the destruction of lives in order to destroy a drug, and little did he know the recipe was still alive. He just wanted friends until things died down. He didn't need to act, he just needed to confide in others. Ellis warped to his side in a flash of harmless fire. In fact, his goals were convoluted and flawed. He could see it somewhere within his arrogance, but he just put a smile on someone's face for once and that lit his world. "Can I sing? Would you sing if I sang?" Ellis rested on his shoulder, smiling. "Darius, I'd like you to sing for me." Upon closer inspection, one could see the similarity between the animals and Ellis, however the life in her was so much more organic and genuine. He smiled and looked at her, and the two looked towards Faye. "Faye, I'd like it if you sang too!"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Are There Strings on Me? [Closed]

Post by Faye Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 am

Fun and adventure, freedom from all the cares in the world. The fire shining in his eyes and the snap of his fingers showed it all. Oh, how she wished she could just relax for a moment, to take the redhead's invitation and just dilly dally around for the rest of her life. Lying in the grass, dancing about with her shoes off, sewing, horseback riding, she wished that was all she had to worry about. Yes, the thought was tempting, but she wouldn't. She could not rest. Not when her home was in its dire state.

With each passing moment, the darkness converged closer and closer around the Enchanted Dominion. The Heartless were lying in wait, picking off those whose hearts were too weak to resist the corrupted influences that had befallen her world. The death of one power only caused the birth of another, and then another, and then another. It was a process that happened time and time again throughout the course of history. A mad king falls to the just knight, taking his place and bringing peace to the land. A hundred years later, the knight's descendents become the very twisted people he destroyed long ago, awakening another revolution and the dawning of a dark age. It was bound to happen every one to two hundred years or so, a trait she had recognized from studying her tomes. From warfare, royal bloodlines, and politics, it was easy to make the connection. The assassinations that transpired had only increased the flow of time, bringing the inevitable that much closer to her world. Although Faye could only make an educated guess as to what the masked man's true intentions were for decimating the nobility, if it was to end political corruption, he'd only encouraged full anarchy to take its place, and perhaps that was his purpose all along. The lowest of nobles and those close to the title were quick to claim what was abandoned. With no heir to the many kingdoms spread out across the land, they fought each other constantly over a bloodied throne.

For too long, she could do nothing, stuck on her world to suffer like the rest. Krysta had inspired her to leave, to take action. Now, she had freedom, freedom to act, not to play. If there was any hope for her world, it lay within the Keyblade and its master, and if not that... the sorceress would sacrifice her light, submit to the darkness in an attempt to command the Heartless to retreat. It was an undesirable option, but Faye loved her home. Every creature, from rabbits, to bugs, flowers, and even the people who shunned her... they deserved a chance, a true chance to survive. If destiny required her to become a true witch in the end to do so, then so be it. There was the risk she would become a Heartless, adding to the threat, but that was a risk she would take. Sometimes the worst option is the only one, but she had not given up yet. The sorceress would continue to seek the weapon of light.

Standing up on her own, she brushed off Darius' offered hand even as he pulled it away, a independent and stubborn gesture. "Unfortunately, that is a luxury I can ill afford, Darius. I must stay vigilant at all times. As for my smile... if I did so often, it would be the same as giving out free candy, and eventually, one grows tired of said treat." she sighed, dusting off her dress skirt gently, making sure it was free of dirt. "To seek freedom and joy for others is a noble quest." she hesitated as he continued, speaking of governments and corruptions... destruction by his own hand. What had this boy done? To see his smile fade, she could only assume it was very serious, and no doubt the loss of life was involved. He had done well to hide the burden that weighed heavily on him, but as he let down his walls, she could see it, and it pulled at her heart. The sorceress understood that feeling all too well. "Sometimes..." she began, pondering on what to say. Once the idea came to her, she spoke with more confidence. "the slate need be swept clean of the dirt and grime that plagues it. If not you, then someone else would. Perhaps not in the same length of time, but eventually. There is always a pattern at work. They may not be the same, but some are more similar than others, crossing over into another. I suspected--well, it does not matter. Whatever you have done, I will not hold it against you, nor do you have to reveal the details." Faye glanced down at the elegant gloves that covered her arms, the silk that hid her shame and sin. The heat of the flames, the screams.... the nightmares still plagued her to this day. "I have my own demons that I must contend with."

The woman placed a hand against her cheek, interested in the sketches he held, especially the intricate garments. Another fashion designer. What luck! Not as serious as herself, probably, but it was nice to see nonetheless. The more she listened, the more she came to believe that the two of them weren't so different. "You have quite the talent. I envy you. Mine lies more with the needle and thread than with the quill. As you can see from this gown." a small curtsy was given. It was her favorite dress, and she did love to show it off when she had the chance.

The sorceress paused before speaking more, mulling over everything he had said. It did not take her long. If anything, he could help her in her own quest. "If the presence of another and an ear to listen brings you comfort... I shall come along. I do need to search the area myself. There may be clues that--huh?" the moment he mentioned singing, the fires beneath her skin came to life, spreading warmth over her cheeks that was almost unbearable. Joining in with birds wasn't uncommon of her to do while she was gardening back home. In front of others, however... with another person... the thought made her face burn something fierce, and she hated it! Why was her face getting so flustered other a simple innocent request? The sorceress didn't understand. "You... you are welcome to sing, I suppose?" when Ellis chimed in, she quickly turned to hide her face, pressing a hand against her chest. "I, um..." she couldn't remember the last time she had been at a loss for words. Now she was certain. The thought of singing in public made her bashful. "You do not really want to hear me sing, do you?" Faye couldn't bare to look at either of them now, this awkwardness, the one she thought she had killed long ago was coming back with a vengeance.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 am

Darius was a free boy. A lost boy. A scared boy. A dangerous boy. He was many things, and in all of those things he was most definitely a boy. In all cases, he was far from the adult mind he needed as his years reached the end of childhood. He was supposed to be growing up, but what followed revolutionary thought was the rebellion of lacking maturity. He didn't want to conform to society, but he wanted to save it. He wanted to purge it of its demons, even if he felt that he had to become a monster in the process. Darius sacrificed logic for action and results, especially since he knew logic was too flawed to follow without a few more years on his belt. From being some punk who was given no true guidance within Castle of Dreams or a map-making, crafter homeless on the streets of Twilight Town, he was someone who had to guide himself. The kid was well aware that there was something wrong with that, and that's why he needed a friend. A sentinel like Terra or a siren like Tsumiko. But that wasn't all he needed, he needed someone who could relate without being him.

He needed someone like Faye who was willing to do what she had to, make the sacrifices needed, and still accomplish her goals. He wasn't sure if she did all that, but he saw a higher wisdom than his. His lack of true wisdom and only young wit led to his persuasion with people like the lost boys and Indians. Nothing was left for those of aged minds. He couldn't convince Laiya to help him, even if she saved him from dying. At the very least, he needed to sing for the worlds. He needed to make everyone hear him, or else he'll be a fading flame. When Faye rejected his offer, he grimaced and looked away, but kept his hand out. "Then, don't ignore your duties. Just...take a moment. And if you do, I'll pay you back in full! I'll...help you." Darius kept the energy in his speech, but underneath, a much younger version of him cried. Because I need friends, and I'll do anything. You have me... The voice of Ellis rang in his head, prompting him to dart his head in her direction, but she was seemingly distracted with the flowers.

Giving his attention back to Faye, he heard her words on what he possibly could have done. He considered them, but ultimately he knew that the slate was cleaned with a rusty knife. He didn't give quick ends to those who burned, he only made their flesh boil and suffocate them. Their oxygen was ripped away, not cleanly cut from their bodies. The civilians died in searing pain, charred corpses washed by the tsunami that followed. He saw...children. He saw children die. Their flesh rippled to the flame, and he couldn't ever forget that. While it was warming that she was so accepting, he still needed something to numb the pain. He needed to sing, and he needed to sing with soul. After showing her his sketches, he shyly nodded, since sometimes it was embarrassing when he wasn't really sure of himself. "If you want, I can draw you. I can draw this grove." Realized what he said, he became wide-eyed and flustered. The ginger looked away and escaped to the idea of singing. To slow his heart from racing continually, he ignored the subject unless she answered him.

"Yes. I really want to hear you sing. Faye, voices are meant to be heard. I'll sing with you, if you just let me listen." He waited patiently, looking back into Faye's eyes if he could, it was so exciting convincing others to be heard. To break free from the chains that society forges and melts onto the bodies of those birthed from it. Faye was still apparently restricted, but maybe it wasn't by society. Maybe it was the same feeling Darius had, just something he could over come more easily. Ellis resumed her position on Darius, and hoped her smile would convince the poor fairy. She knew it was important that someone complied and made the boy happy, or else he'd just be lost in Neverland. Lost like the boys cursed by young ignorance. .Darius wasn't afraid to sing with another, but he was afraid it wouldn't just be singing. That their words would connect, and maybe a friend was made. Or the passion he releases opens a windowed view into his burnt soul.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Help? He would help her? No, surely not. It had to be out of desperation. Men were keen to make bargains when what they wanted was out of reach, a warning she had always heeded from Rosethorn, and yet.. this time it felt different. Deep down, the sorceress craved for someone, anyone, to relate to her. A person who was unwanted, who felt the weight of their sins day after day, pressing down upon their shoulders and choking their heart. Faye would never reveal such about herself, at least, not anytime soon. The woman had always been reserved, a loner mostly, and being in the presence of another was always a new experience, something that took time for her to get used. Every person she met outside her home world was so different, and unpredictable. Whether it was a good or bad thing, Faye was not sure. Knowing how someone would react left her time to prepare, but with these new individuals, she was in the dark, just as she was with Darius. She had never met anyone like him, and at times, she didn't know how to react.

"I suppose a brief rest would not hurt." truth be told, the sorceress was exhausted from her running about the worlds, but she would never let herself truly relax. A gentle smile touched her ruby lips, one she allowed him to see when he offered to sketch her portrait. "T'would be difficult to deny such an offer by one that possesses your level of talent. And," her expression grew serious once more. After speaking with the young man, she had an idea about him. His heart shone brightly with light, and she felt that she could trust him enough to ask the questions that she desired. Just maybe, he could set her path in the right direction, or maybe it would be another dead end. Either way, she had to find out what he knew. "I will sing for you as long as you allow me to ask you a few delicate questions. I... may even tell you what has brought me here, and my quest if I see fit. Let us just say, I have found myself going in circles with no answers to be found. I pray you can break that cycle for me." the sorceress turned to look at Ellis, watching the little red fairy upon her flower.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Darius took up a position for drawing, delving into the sketch immediately as they talked. He didn't need her to be still, because he caught the perfect position for her and just went at the pad like lightning. Darius loved expressing his mind and imagination, making sure to detail the right angles and curves and even draw Faye as happy as she appeared when she let her smile loose. Wisping around Faye in the drawing was Ellis, whom he had not forgotten. Both smiled brightly, and there was an elegance to the drawing. When he finished the full sketch, he'd go on to detail the shadows and where the light would be. He enjoyed being around Faye, and his passion within the drawing was a clear sign of it. When he finished, he sat down on the ground and showed her. A wide smile stretched across his face, but he was definitely curious about her words. "Well, singing can wait for the moment. But I do want to know what these questions are." When she said delicate, Darius grew a bit read, scratching the back of his head. He was starting to get nervous, unlike him for the most part. Then again, the only kind of people he met didn't see anything but a punk.

"Well, the hare runs late and nervous for trials to answer as he makes his way across fields of questions. I'm no hare, simply a bear with mighty aegis to delicacy and a studious scholarly bear at that. Answers can only c-come in the wake of asking for them, and sometimes responses don't wake to the right call. So I won't sleep with my answers, just make sure you make the right call...I guess." Darius started speaking in riddles again, likely because he was wondering if the questions would be privy to what he has done or have a more sensitive, social side to them. His mind was so jumbled as of late, he couldn't help but get worked up over some questions. But then she could be looking for a hero and he could be that hero, someone to redeem himself for something he felt so disconnected from as the villain. "Sorry, yes, go ahead. I am curious as to what these questions are." Ellis went up to Darius and patted him, remaining silent but calming his mind. In that moment, Darius' mental strains eased and he let himself enter a looser position.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm

The sorceress clasped her hands in front of her, eyes trailing the fire sprite as she returned to the pyro's side. Someone that was willing to listen, that's all she needed right now. Even if he didn't have the answers... at least he could help her find them if he was willing. Clearing her throat, she took a few steps towards the stream, watching as the tiny rapids graced over the smooth weathered rocks. From the corner of her vision, she could see Darius scribble away in his notebook with lightning strokes, quick and precise. It was impressive, and she was more than a little eager to see that results of his work, but right now, she had questions to ask. How close were his thoughts in line to hers? That was the first thing she wanted to know. Darius seemed very open minded, and hopefully he wouldn't be disgusted with anything she was about to say.

"Would you abandon one hundred souls to suffer in order to save a thousand others? Would you take what is not yours by force in order to protect what you love by any means necessary? Would you allow yourself to be nearly consumed by madness if it was the only way to accomplish your goal?" Faye looked over her shoulder. "How much would you sacrifice for what you believe in? That is what I want to know."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 am

Darius thought about it. No, he didn't have to think, only recall what he just did to make changes to a world. Tides would have to change to the truth that leaders didn't take the right measures for defense and only used position to satiate their lust and greed. Darius wanted to squash corruption, and dipped himself in blood to further his goals. The madness he put himself through...the creation of Ellis. Neither of them truly knew what was festering within Darius, and it would consume him if he didn't take the right measures himself to fortify his mind. It was breaking apart bit by bit, and soon his entire being would fragment. Eventually, his lock would break apart. He had no key to free himself before this would happen, only prepared for the fall. As Darius thought on it, he looked at Ellis with a frown. This switched to an intense stare over to Faye, a look in his eyes saying that he's killed. He's sacrificed himself and others for the sake of justice and his own goals. A twisted, flawed, but present sense of justice.

"I have already. The fires burn in many forms, and my passion is a wildfire unable to be quelled by the impotency of mere man. I am no man, I am truly a phoenix of poetic justice." Clenching his fists, Darius' whole body shook, heat radiating off of his body as his eyes began to glow. Darius couldn't help but feel fury, eventually calming down as Ellis silently soothed him. "Shhh....He's a feisty one, ain't he?" She giggled, but Darius was not laughing. He was completely serious, and his words alone painted a definite yes to answer Faye's questions. He was willing to do many things. To cut down many people. To burn down villages. All in the name of a greater purpose, and if that made him a monster...well only his subconscious realized it. He didn't see it at the forefront yet, he didn't see what kind of monster he was becoming. The green eyes, glazed by the orange of fire. Darius was definitely a bright light. "Now, why don't you answer the same, Miss Priss?" He switched from his serious tone to the natural, punkish and flirtatious one that he uses to tease people. Just charming paint to hide the stains.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm

The sorceress stared back at Darius, not flinching from his heated gaze. Why? Because she had seen it before, reflected in the waters of the pools back home. The pain and the fury, it always lingered, fading from time to time, but always returning with a vengence. "The dragon and the phoenix. How quaint." she muttered under her breath. "I would do anything to save my homeland from its corruption, and the Heartless."

Faye took a few steps towards the redhead, embracing the heat that radiated from his body. They were so much like her own. So strange, it was as if she was seeing herself from another side, the part she kept hidden below, and what Darius had no problem showing. Yes, Faye struggled with those same emotions, but instead of expressing those feelings as she should have, the woman had bound them, burying them deep within her heart. Open wounds that never healed, simply bandaged and wrapped continuously. From those wounds, darkness brewed, for herself, and the people. Sometimes, she just wanted to see everything burn and be swept away, for the hurt to stop forever. The sorceress would not let those feelings overcome the love for her homeland. Her light burned strong, but it left shadows in its wake. One's she had to keep tempered.

"What ever difficult decision may come my way, I do not shy from it. I bear the sins that comes with choice so that others may not have to." she suddenly sneered, turning up her nose. "If that increases my infamy as a monster, then so be it. I will put events into motion if no one else will. Change may save us yet." what she would not say outright was that she desired power and control, or maybe that was already obvious to the young man. To not only turn the wheel of fate, but make it stop and go when she desired. It was no lie to say that given the chance, she would take the throne of the Enchanted Dominion, by force or or otherwise. As of now, she did not have the ability nor the reputation to do so. As long as the people saw her as a witch, the fighting would never stop even if she did take command. There would be no respect, and thus, no order. The last thing she wanted was to make matters worse.

With a soft chuckle, she tucked a stand of hair behind her ear, wondering how this was coming across to the teen. "Do not think me holier than thou. You could say the roots of my intentions are completely selfish. My homeland needs someone they can rely on, to not be swayed by fear." she then said firmly, a dark twinkle in her eyes. "I will show them that I can be that person." she cleared her throat, now it was time for the real questions. "Darius, Ellis, If I may question you further... what do you know of the Keyblade and the Heartless?"
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Darius looked away so that he could think on the flashes flying through his head. Monsters needed to exist so that someone could see the evil being spread by those who take the reins of the worlds. People needed to know corruption needed no mercy, and propaganda was definitely a tool against it. Fighting fire with fire, whether literal or metaphorical, was the most fitting phrase when thinking on how to destroy the corrupt leaders ruining their worlds. Where was the safer options to quell his flames? Where were the military forces to stop him from doing what he was doing? Who allowed the mobsters to take Twilight Town for themselves underground? Darius blamed it on the carelessness of a leader who would deserve an upcoming death. He was furious that Twilight Town was NOT the only one. Many worlds were plagued, and only the likes of Neverland seemed untouched by this.

However, he would believe there were more liberal leaders that allowed their people to live free, taking care to keep them safe and deprived of oppression from any side of the community. Darius wanted to take Faye's hand, so that maybe he could channel some of his emotion to truly show how he feels. But he refrained from taking it, taking in her words. She did not react to the flames about to sprout from his body, seemingly showing no fear. She wanted to lead her people, when Darius knew there was no home for him. His heart often danced around and moved place to place. Nothing wanted him to stay, nobody had admitted to being his friend. Not a friend to the inside he kept locked, anyways. A genuine genius, in his own sense at least, and one that was berated by the elders and shunned by the nobles. Too improper for royalty or ruling. Too improper to not belong in a world like Neverland's.

"I think that's where we differ. I'm so used to being the dark of the sheep, one that metamorphosed into a sentinel wolf. As soon as I overstep the boundary for normalcy and compliance, I became a pariah for any community I try to embrace. Can you accept that? If you want to consider me anything, know that I am a meteor bursting fiery death. Maybe..." Ellis flew up to Darius' face, leaning on him and sitting on the bridge of his nose. She let her head rest at the forehead and hugged his nose. "Maybe you just need someone to help you...direct. To help you control that ash, Darius. I know someone who can help." Darius closed his eyes, his face twitching from holding back the burning tears. Steam came from his eyes, only because his tears evaporated.

"It's hard controlling the wilderness of my fire, Ellis. But Faye, I do. I have been told that keyblades are mighty tools. Much more than weapons it seems, but often used as such. They should be symbols of unity, yet unions ruin them by acting like the very people who we fight against. The power-hungry mongrels who abuse its power. They want to control it, and I want to take one for myself to find these Unions and put a stop to them. If they prove to be what I have been told, then they shall collapse under my rage. I will take a keyblade for myself, and let the sun shine upon everyone's hearts. Maybe I can be more sentinel than pariah, but not now. The darkness that lurks around us...I have noticed it. But today is the first I've truly had a glimpse at it. Heartless were what these were, right? That...demonic presence is in the hearts of others, isn't it?" Darius was too bright to have darkness in his heart, but that didn't make him immune to bad habits and unintentional evil. Ellis had shaken her head when Faye asked.

"As for the heartless? I know very little. And if you want, I need a joust with some baddies. Need a false knight in the future?"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:23 pm

The sorceress listened quietly to Darius, taking in his words. Would she find herself in the same predicament? A savior only to be pushed aside by prejudice or mistakes? That would not be something she could take lightly, but she had to consider that it was a very real possibility. What would she do if the bigots continued to treat her as they did, even after what she accomplished? Of course, there would always be a few, but she could handle that, a majority, she could not. There would need to be trust before they would let her seize control, and she hoped cleaning the Heartless from the Enchanted Dominion would be enough, and if not that, a great first step. Although she knew a lot about human society from her studies, merging in and being a part of it was not that easy, so she could understand where the pyro was coming from. Crossing an arm over her chest, while placing a hand to her chin, she let out a gentle hum.

"Perhaps... you are trying too hard? From personal experience, flocking with the other sheep is not easy. Partly from being naive, and the other from naturally desiring to standout among the common folk. I do enjoy being admired. 'Tis a common occurrence that happens in my travels, but my own world is another matter. I do not need it, of course. I have survived this long with my own praise, but... loathe I am to admit it, I do crave positivity from my people." tilting her head to the side, she closed her eyes in thought. "What do I call you? We've only just met, and I  know little about you, or do I know just enough? How fast can one become friends or is there a period of time--or a trial one must go through that must be approved?" furrowing her brows, she let out a sigh. Why was it so natural for everyone else? This was just awkward and complicated for the sorceress. She was really out of her element here. Maybe Darius would clear her confusion with his response. "As for your being a meteor bursting fiery death." she nodded to Ellis. "Indeed. Such power can be tempered. I know. If anything, your flames are a welcoming sight in my eyes. You have a passionate spirit, and something like that should not be quelled, but directed as Ellis said."

The answer she received for her question turned out better than she could have hoped. So long, she had been passing from world to world, struggling to find new information on the Keyblade. Either she found the same story, complete rubbish, or there was nothing to be found. For the first time, she felt that she had the right information to make some progression. There was more than just one Keyblade, entire unions of these people with these powerful weapons. However, from what Darius said, they none too healthy. Still, it was something. Her heart began to beat faster in her chest, and for a second, she thought it might stop from her excitement. "Thank you!" she practically cried out, startling a few birds nesting nearby. Clearing her throat, she settled down, clearing the joy from her voice. "That was the best information I have been able to gather thus far. You have my gratitude Darius. As for the Heartless..." the woman shrugged her shoulders. "It seems knowledge on the creatures is scarce, which is a pity. The more we know about these shadows, the better we can defend ourselves and eradicating their existence." or control them. a darker part of her heart spoke, one that she crushed down immediately.

Hesitating, Faye approached the teen. Establishing a connection with someone was new to the sorceress, and honestly, it made her nervous. Several times, he had offered his hand to her and she had either ignored it completely or brushed it off. Why? Because she was afraid of disappointment, betrayal, and abandonment. The woman extended her hand, aiming to gently take the rebel's rather than offer, giving insight into her nature. Taking what she wanted without question. "As long as you have a purpose and the ambition to drive it, then you are a real knight in your own right, Darius. Let no one tell you differently."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Darius might've been trying too hard. Too hard to do something that would end up simply being shamed by the people he protects. He doesn't do well with the aegis bit of his role, but he does well with the damning of the corrupt. It takes a devil to see another and reocgnize their horns. When Faye asked his name, he furled his brow and shut his eyes hard, snapping his fingers as he realized he never introduced himself formally to the sorceress. She probably did hear his name, however it was rude to ride on such assumptions. "My name is Darius. Darius Fetch. I'm a proud smith and adventurer and currently looking for a new home." Ellis fluttered around, buzzing to near the boy's face with her hands behind her back. "Well mister Sun, why don't you live here with me? This grove...is so beautiful! And your flames haven't destroyed it. " Darius barely smiled, the fairy caressing his cheek. He nodded, looking down at the flowers underneath and at his hands.

Maybe he made himself a monster, but didn't need to be. Maybe he could do good, but not kill to do so. But that was always an option easy to choose. The death of others. If it was necessary, it was necessary. If not, then he can let the smiles not melt away from the might of fire. When Faye told him that he had a passionate spirit, it lifted Darius' heart and gave him the courage he needed to continue on. He needed to cast aside what worried him so, he needed to become his own person just as Ellis would some day. Just as long as he had someone to keep him under lock and key, he'd try to control the rage within. Passion was good, but pointless destruction was not. He awoke in ash already, he worried about awaking in a burning world someday. A burning world from the heart of fire within his body. The Heart of Embers. "Faye, Ellis. Thank-you. I appreciate all that you've done for me. I think...I'll live here. But I'll be traveling plenty. I don't need people, just a few...friends. You guys will be my friends, right?" Ellis had to clear her throat, taking a moment to respond.

"Y-Yes. I'll definitely be your friend." Darius was alarmed by Faye's excitement, waiting for her to calm down before bursting out laughing in response. "Well, you do have some umph to your step afterall! I'm glad I could help. If you need help, just let me know. You know where I'll be. Unless...of course...you wouldn't mind a companion. I mean, er, not trying to...uh..." Ellis pouted, still jealous that Darius was so flustered over some prissy sorceress. "Yes. Damsel needs a knight, because she's the one in distress." She whispered to herself, flying back over to Darius' shoulder.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:57 am

The sorceress listened quietly to Dairus and Ellis, continuing to hold his hand as she did so. This was not as bad as she thought it would be. There were emotions there, yes, but she wasn't being overwhelmed, which was her greatest fear. Faye wasn't a touchy feely person, at least where people were concerned. When it came to animals, she could snuggle with them all day long, but people... people were different. Too different from her. She never felt connected enough to even attempt it, but Darius was another story. They shared many things in common, and in a way, she thought that maybe the pyro could understand her as she did him. Perhaps not entirely, but a little was better than nothing. Did he feel anything, or was she being silly? By the light, why was this so awkward? Things like this was alien to the sorceress. It was almost like she wasn't human, and that was part of the problem. It wasn't simply because of her standing with humans, but the little fairy blood she possessed was dominant. Even after several generations, that blood had not been diluted. It was the stronger strain, proven by her delicate pointed ears, and magical poweress. In the end, she was a Fey being, and yet she was not. She was human, but not entirely. The sorceress didn't fit in anywhere, and it was a lonely existence.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Darius." she bowed her head, her words sincere. It was nice to see that her words had lifted his spirits. When asked if she would be his friend, Faye hesitated, loosening her grip on his hand, but neither releasing. "You...want to be my," she turned her head, unable to meet his stare. What was this feeling? It was happiness, and yet why did she suddenly want to cry? A lady doesn't cry! Just the thought caused her to scoff. Control yourself. 'Twas only a question. Clearing the lump building up in her throat, she continued. "You truly wish to be my friend?" she let out a soft hum as she thought over this offer. "If you are willing and can tolerate a being such as myself, then..." what was the right word to use here? She didn't want to sound too terribly excited, even though her heart was beating so hard she thought it might burst from her chest. "I would be... glad to be your friend, Darius." the tips of her ears began to flush red when he laughed at her behavior over the information he'd given her. Yes, she knew she had been silly. She would have to do better at controlling her emotions. They had been all over the place since she had landed in this Neverland.

When he asked if she would like a companion, she met his gaze. Ellis muttered something under her breath, but she did not catch it. "Hm, t'would be new for me. I have always traveled alone. Well," she corrected herself as she thought of her stallion back home. "I should say, I have never traveled with other people." she finally released the redhead's hand, walking a few paces towards the river. If he came with her, what would sort of danger would she be exposing him to? He would have to know of her quest, first and foremost. That was good place to start. "What I need is a power strong enough to banish the darkness from my home. There is man, an intelligent Heartless, manipulating events and slowly corrupting the people." the fires of fury began to stir to life in her heart. "I faced him, and I failed. Were it not for my mother, I would--I wouldn't be here. I have to become stronger than him. No matter what, I will make him pay for the suffering he's caused." a growled escaped her, violet flames dancing upon her fingertips. "I will burn everything down around him if that's what it takes until nothing is left but a charred husk." the fires faded as she sighed, placing a hand to her chest. "You must think I am a monster to say such things. 'Twould not be surprising, or maybe you can understand how I feel." she faced him once more, brows furrowed. "This is what I must face, and I do not wish to put you in peril, Darius."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Darius might not have the same blood as Faye, but he did understand how it felt to be alone. Cold, un-sheltered and forgotten by the society around them. He remembered the nights he was left outside of his house in his younger days. He was left hungry, he was left unloved and worst of all, he was left to his own thoughts. Something like that twisted someone, and that is why right now he has an imaginary friend that was given life. That's why a world's largest area sits in ruin. That's why he claws at the idea of friendship. He didn't know if he really wanted to continue doing what he was doing. The whole radical nature of his actions, but he couldn't just stop now. He couldn't stop at Twilight Town. Maybe it transcended simply the societies of the worlds. What he needed to target was those who kept power to themselves. Those who didn't do what they could to stop people like himself, the Keyblade Unions.

But that was a thought for another time. Meanwhile, he was in the presence of a fair maiden and needed to give her such attention. He could see how flustered she became when he asked to be her friend. His smile was warm and welcoming, nodding his head in approval. "Faye, only those who couldn't understand how things are. Only those who saw just the surface are bound to limited friendships." Darius used his other hand and pointed upward. Fire swirled around the tip of his finger, forming a smiling model of Faye kicking her legs. She faded away, and Darius gently tightened his grip before placing his hand on top. "I most definitely want to be your friend. His face had its own level of redness when she said she'd be glad to be his friend. Maybe he wouldn't be so childish about the notion if he was used to the admittance of such a thing. He's never established a proper friendship before, simply acquaintanceship.

When Faye mentioned that she needed something powerful to help her slay the dark being within her home, he instantly thought that the flames from his body were bright enough to cast away such darkness. "Faye. If you need the Sun to shine down on the shadows plaguing you, I'll be there. You shouldn't be considered the danger in this duo, because I've done something that'll make me equally a risk to travel with. If you don't mind that, then I can help you." Darius wondered if he could leave something with Faye to help her keep connected in the event they were separate. "In fact, if we can't, then I can possible make something for you. I just need some metal..." He looked around, sighing because there wasn't any around. Alternatively, Faye could give something to the poor boy. Realizing he was brushing over how she felt about herself, he looked into her eyes, dead-face expression. "I already burned people to ash so I could destroy the integrity of someone who did nothing but kill more people. He is a criminal. I am a criminal. But that mayor should've stopped me, not wait until he cast a tsunami upon his own world. These are the people I fight against. I...didn't intentionally do it. I was destroying a poison, but I couldn't stop the side-effects."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:22 am

So, it wasn't a joke. The boy was genuine. Darius wanted to be her friend, and now she had one, officially. What were they supposed to do now? From what the rebel was getting at, maybe they had to exchange gifts, or no there was more to it than that it seemed. Was there anything else she needed know? The fairy maiden, gently bit the inside of her cheek. Man, she was in the dark here, and she hated to look naive, but that couldn't be helped. Already she had confessed that was. Better to be honest than look foolish in a sad attempt at a lie. There was something else she was confused about though, and that was the title of "Best Friends". It was a term she had heard from the younger children back home. Did that still apply to adults, and if so, what were the qualifications. After giving it a little thought, Faye decided that it was best to take one step at a time. The fact that she had an actual friend at all now felt like  miracle in itself. In time, maybe Darius would shed some light on the subject.

"Very true." she said softly. "Those of a shallow heart and mind tend to follow the other sheep without question. 'Tis good to see that not everyone has that way of thinking." she noted the crimson that touched his cheeks, and was relieved to see she wasn't the only one. When he conjured a flame in her image that danced about, she placed the tips of her fingers to her lips, letting out a quiet giggle. "You are quite the showoff, but an entertaining one at least." lowering her hand, she bowed her head. "Then it is settled. We are now friends. I promise to be a stalwart ally to you in the days to come. When trouble decides to nips at our heels, then let us face it together, fires ablaze.

The sorceress glanced from left to right, seeing no sign of any metal, both a relief and a pity. It was nice to see that the little floral clearing was in no way affected by mankind, but at the same time, it would have been convenient for Darius and whatever he had in mind. Turning her eyes to the flower he still held, she got an idea. He was right. There may come a time they couldn't always be in each other's company. Faye raised her hands up to eye level. Never before had she ever thought about sharing her power with another, and the idea was slightly... well, she wasn't sure how to describe it. Unsettling, maybe? The maiden reached for the hibiscus she had given him, brushing her fingers against the silk like petals. Darius knew how to wield fire, she had seen that clearly. Whatever she allowed him to tap into, he could handle it, right? The sorceress felt like she could trust the young man, perhaps not completely yet, but that was only natural, especially with someone like her. That's not what bothered her though. Really it was what the Heartless, Malazon, had said in the Enchanted Dominion, and what he had done to her. If she shared her power, would it end up hurting the spirited lad? That's what frightened Faye. Gaining a friend only to end up killing him in the end from a mistake. Closing her eyes, she decided she would trust her heart. Darius' light was strong, if her power was tainted, he would be strong enough to fight it off... hopefully. If she was strong enough then so could he.

Faye allowed a violet flame to ease down from her fingertips, weaving in and out as if it were alive. Sometimes it would almost take a recognized shape before reverting back into its primal form. It would be a tricky spell to use a flower to imbue her magic flames, but she had a lot of experience working these conflicting elements. It wasn't impossible, just difficult, and that's what would make it all the more powerful. The hibiscus was a gift, a representation  of their connection. There was no better vessel to extend her power to Darius. Controlling her breathing, the slithers of fire circled around the steam, gracing the rich green leaves like a gentle kiss. It swirled up towards the petals, lacing in and out like a thread until it collected in the middle and through the pistil. Once she was done, the hibiscus glowed with her signature fire, sweet and gentle, never withering nor burning. The blossom and the fire were now as one.

"Should the time come that we must part ways, allow me to aid you from afar." the steam had become tough and flexible, strong enough to be bent and twisted like wire to fit around his wrist or wherever.

When he revealed the sins of his past, his words struck a cord with the sorceress, and her heart ached. They monsters, murderers, and unwanted by society. Yes, Faye knew all too well how he felt because she had committed such a horrendous act herself once upon a time, even younger than Darius was. It was an accident, but in times of disaster, no one is keen on examining that line. They want to target their rage and grief, to ease the hurt.  

"I see." Faye whispered. "It's painful, isn't it? What must be sacrificed to destroy evil. To make people see the truth, and yet, some choose willingly to blind themselves, especially those in power. Either they do nothing, or they allow evil to thrive." she sighs, shaking her head. "'Tis sad. Change is a difficult process. People cling so desperately to what they already know, good or bad. As horrible as it is, sometimes tragedy is the only way to bring others together for the greater good. It should not have to be that way, but it is quite common throughout history. Such a pity that mankind need an incentive that terrible to take action."

*Faye's Charm*
Are There Strings on Me? [Closed] - Page 2 730fa5d30661a29832bc76b6e0f01fca
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Darius was thinking about how he made a wonderful friend, but knew that having a new friend didn't wash away the concern over his other newer friends, Terra and Tsumiko. He had to get back to them. He had to save them from whatever Castle Oblivion had in store for them. Gulping, Darius didn't know how to break it to Faye that he had to leave. But he decided that they could meet back at his newly-found grove. She exclaimed their friendship, and something warm brewed inside Darius. The truth was, neither were good for each other because only ash would come in their fusion of action. Maybe they could become something healthier than two radicals in a pod, but for now the boy would live in ignorance and continue his friendship with the fae. "Faye--" Taking her charm, he kept it in one hand before using the other to collect as much fire as he could. Concentrating on one point above his hand, a reddish-orange energy collected.

More and more the energies condensed into a bead. It would begin to shape into some sort of flaming diamond. Darius gripped it in his hand, giving it form and solidifying it. Extending his arm, he would offer it to Faye. A brilliant, complex crystal of fire. It was condensed magic, so it'd need protection or else it'd fall apart. "Faye, I need to leave. I need to go find friends I was forced to leave. But I promise you, we'll see each other again soon, and you will sing me a song. I hope to see you soon." He stood there awkwardly whether or not she took his charm. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to give her a hug, but refrained. Ellis rose to his face, smiling. "Lemme come with you!" "What? No." "Yes." Darius was set aback, making a conflicted and confused expression. "What--no." Ellis pouted, and something inside Darius made him melt. The fairy was too cute to stay tough against. "But, but, there are dangerous things out there!" She rolled her eyes. Sighing, Darius wagged his hand to allow Ellis.

"Ha! This damsel wins today..." Ellis said quietly. "What was that?" "Nothing~" Darius shrugged. He still waited awkwardly for a response from Faye. "Will you two help me turn this grove into a home someday?" "Yes! If I'm going to be dodging lasers, I'm already letting you know I'm willing to be there. Besides, nothing better to do. I mean, I'm a fairy. LITERALLY not one of these pussy kinds either, and literally nothing to do." Especially since she was born today.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 am

The sorceress nodded, feeling her heart drop just a bit from the news, but her expression remained the same. Of course, he had his own path to follow, and she had hers. It was just for a moment... she thought possibly he was going to come with her--now she just felt silly and awkward for even assuming that. Maybe he had and was just being finicky about his choice. The woman didn't know. Handling with care, she accepted the diamond of fire. It was easy for someone of her magic skill to notice that it was slightly unstable magic, and likely to fall apart, but she could fix that.

"Yes, yes, of course." her words came out more quickly than she had intended. "I was under the impression that--hmph, it matters not. You've given me important information, and I should not tarry any longer. Corrupted they may be, these Unions mentioned, may have what I need, and I will have it."   she glanced down briefly before meeting his gaze again."It will take some time to prepare before I can return and take back my home." very gently, she began to weave her power through the charm he had given her, a warding spell to keep it safe. "When it does, however, your help would be greatly appreciated. As powerful as I am~" she took a small chance to brag as was in her nature before growing serious again. "I will need allies, and one who wields the Keyblade if I cannot obtain one for myself." she gently tapped the long claws of her gloves against the fire crystal. "Speaking of which, should you meet a Keybearer, please, send them my way. I will want to speak with them. Destroying the Heartless indefinitely is sadly not in my power. Yet." the last word nearly came out as a growl.

Regaining composure, the priss gave the rebel a curtsy. "I wish you luck in your quest, Darius." the sorceress placed her hands on her hips, glancing around at the quaint little grove. True, it was already beautiful, but she had more than few ideas to make it even better. "I'm sure we can turn this place into a lovely little home in time. As for the song," she closed her eyes, brows furrowing slightly. "It seems I did agree to sing earlier, and I will not go back on my word. At least now, I will have time to prepare." she let out a dry chuckle, and waved to the fire sprite. "And farewell to you, Ellis. Take care of each other. I hope to see you both again soon."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Darius had a look of regret after telling her, knowing that he just said he was going to be traveling with her. But for now, he'd need to first make sure he didn't leave his friends to their deaths. Faye was someone he met more recently, and yet he clicked so much more with her. But if he left Tsumiko and Terra to the terrors of Castle Oblivion, it'd tarnish his role as a friend. Few came along, and only Faye declared herself such, but Darius could really make a connection playing the hero. "Don't worry, we'll be back, Faye. I'll make sure we destroy the darkness plaguing your world. With the sun and the radiance of...a...shit." Darius was about to compliment Faye, but hesitated. He didn't understand why, Fidgeting, he held the charm and looked down at it. Ellis hugged his body, but all of a sudden, as Darius stepped away, he was whisked away. His body disappeared, pulling in Ellis right when he was about to continue his words.

Damn mark.

-EXIT-
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:01 am

Before her very eyes, Faye watched as Darius was suddenly swept away by an unknown mystical energy, and vanished just like that. Magic tingled through her senses, lingering in the air long after the rebel had gone. It was a familiar sensation; she could almost smell it, even taste it upon her tongue. Odd, but not entirely unfamiliar. The sorceress only took a minute or two to realize what had just come to pass.

"Ritual magic. In origin, at least." she said out loud, half forgetting that she was alone once again. "And obviously not created by Darius. The magic didn't feel like him at all." the woman gazed down at the crystal in her hands, turning it over. "Not enough brimstone for his tastes either, i'm sure. Hmm." the fairy maiden looked around the grove, taking in this last scene of Neverland before she departed. In time, she hoped that she and the fiery youth would meet again, but until then, she still had to continue her quest.

-Exit-
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2