MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Gilgamesh Style! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Gilgamesh Style! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Gilgamesh Style! EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Gilgamesh Style! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Gilgamesh Style!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gilgamesh Style! Empty Gilgamesh Style!

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 am

Base Ability: Gilgamesh "Tactics": Gilgamesh can cast one spell of his choice. When cast in this way, the spell consumes no MP, and, for all intents and purposes, is treated as a Skill Tree Ability.

Base Ability Cool Down: 7

Tier One
Gates of ???:  Gilgamesh has access to a dimensional pocket, which is keyed specifically to him. As such, no other entity may access this dimensional pocket. This allows him to, at-will, access his entire inventory. No Cooldown.

Genji Battle Meditation: A special technique used to keep one's head in combat. For every post that passes, in which the user has not taken damage, reduce up to three cooldowns by 1. (If the user is in MP Cooldown, one of those cooldowns chosen MUST be MP Cooldown)

Gilgamesh Morphing Time?: Although it APPEARS to be shapeshifting, Gilgamesh has six more arms than a normal humanoid. These arms can be withdrawn into his body, at-will, and deployed, much the same.

Well, it's SORTA like the Rift...: The user may, at-will, open and make use of Corridors of Darkness.

Soul Siphon: The user is unusually adept with Magical Items. Once every ten posts, the user can impart a charge to a synth item.

Tier Two

Kiai Smite: By intoning a battle cry, the efficacy of the user's strike is increased, by way of intimidating the opponent. This causes the strike to do extra damage, the scale of which is determined by the user's Strength stat.

-----If the opponent's Endurance is equal to the user's Character Tier, the blow also causes an extremely unpleasant sensation in the opponent, and imparts a debuff to the opponents Agility and Speed.

-----If this ability is used on an opponent with Endurance one tier or lower than the user's Character Tier, and the blow connects, the opponent takes an additional debuff to Strength, on top of the aforementioned debuff.

Kiai Smite may only be used once every seven posts. 

Your Weapons are Foreit to Me!: Once every five posts, the user may cause an object in the user's line of sight to immediately teleport into the user's hand. 

Aura of Might: If a weapon is elementally-aligned, and that element matches one of the four the user is gifted with, the weapon will deal Elemental damage, appropriate to its elemental alignment and tier, on-hit. This stacks with any elemental damage the weapon would normally do.

Genji Battle Trance: The user is so focused in the heat of battle, his skills move beyond outside influence. The user's cooldowns may ONLY be modified by the user.

Do you want me to do the full workup?

Tier Three
1st Skill:
2nd Skill:
3rd Skill:

Tier Fourth
1st Skill:
2nd Skill:

Tier Five
1st Skill:

Last edited by Gilgamesh on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 am; edited 22 times in total
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Gilgamesh Style! Empty Re: Gilgamesh Style!

Post by Harlow Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:07 am

While I appreciate the effort, it'd be considerate of you to rewrite this practically and succinctly. We have designated role-play areas for a reason.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:32 am

And, fixed.

Sorry. I thought the staff might appreciate a little (or a lot of) humor.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:53 pm

For the base ability, do they manifest or do they retract into your body?

T1
-Gates of ???: So, essentially, allows you to summon and desummon abilities, but with a personal area to keep them? Or do you have to physically grab in and pull them out your inventory (like a bag)?
-Genji Battle Meditation: Define direct damage.
-Genji Fortitude and Genji Will: You would only get a slight increase per character tier. I'd suggest making these immunities.
-Genji Reflexes doesn't make sense. If you're fully caught by the AoE, you're fully affected. If partially, you're partially affected. This isn't dnd, you can't partially dodge if you're fully hit.

T2
-Kiai Smite, as is, is a no go. You cannot ignore statistics.
-Your Weapons are Forfeit to Me! may not have the Keyblade effect.
-Well, it's SORTA like the Rift... There are no drawbacks to competitive portalling. I'm just making you aware. Nothing needs to be changed.
-The Frugal Drinker is meta breaking or useless. Either, it allows you to use replenish items 3 times more than normal for one slot, or it only affects you in a story sense, which is not viable for the competitive system.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Harlow wrote:For the base ability, do they manifest or do they retract into your body?

T1
-Gates of ???: So, essentially, allows you to summon and desummon abilities, but with a personal area to keep them? Or do you have to physically grab in and pull them out your inventory (like a bag)?
-Genji Battle Meditation: Define direct damage.
-Genji Fortitude and Genji Will: You would only get a slight increase per character tier. I'd suggest making these immunities.
-Genji Reflexes doesn't make sense. If you're fully caught by the AoE, you're fully affected. If partially, you're partially affected. This isn't dnd, you can't partially dodge if you're fully hit.

T2
-Kiai Smite, as is, is a no go. You cannot ignore statistics.
-Your Weapons are Forfeit to Me! may not have the Keyblade effect.
-Well, it's SORTA like the Rift... There are no drawbacks to competitive portalling. I'm just making you aware. Nothing needs to be changed.
-The Frugal Drinker is meta breaking or useless. Either, it allows you to use replenish items 3 times more than normal for one slot, or it only affects you in a story sense, which is not viable for the competitive system.

For the base, it kinda works like shapeshifting, if that helps at all.

Gates of ??? is meant to allow total access to my inventory. I can summon anything out of it at will. But, I can only send a thing to my inventory if I'm actually holding it.

As far as Genji Battle Meditation, Direct Damage is damage which is caused by another living entity  using a weapon or active spell effect to cause harm. Damage caused by poison, or environmental damage (natural or otherwise) doesn't count as direct damage.

Can I have both of those immunities at this stage?

As far as the Reflexes go, what would you suggest, instead?

How can we fix Kiai Smite?

I'm fine with removing the Keyblade thing.

I'll think about what to do, instead of the potion thing. Please stand by.

Fixes will be made, as possible, after this post.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Fixes have been made to several skills, and a major formatting error was corrected.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:11 am

Your base ability would be a transformation, which would need a duration. I'd honestly suggest adding more to make it a worthwhile. Otherwise, it seems like a T1 ability.

Gates of ???, understood. Just wanted clarification.

Meditation has illogical justification, damage is damage. Why would your the ability differentiate between something so arbitrary? Despite that, it'll likely have to be moved to a higher tier, because you're doubling the rate of CD post consumption.

You can have both immunities, but you give up the opportunity to have immunities in this tree later on.

For your reflexes, what you're going for isn't viable on this website. There is no proper translation, so I'm drawing a blank. Sorry. If you have ideas, feel free to throw them at me.

The only issue with Kiai Smite was the tier reduction, negating armor (which needs clarification) and the instant K.O. You can debuff people, and you can make it reliant on your stats.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:40 am

Meditation altered.

Am I to understand a Skill Tree can only ever have two status immunities? Or, does this limitation apply to element immunities, as well?

As far as the armor thing, the idea is that the victim is shaken. Which means they can't move in such a way as to let the armor absorb the hit entirely. Which means, depending on the victim's agility, and their armortype, they'd be taking part, or all, of the impact force, directly. Much like how an unarmored opponent is shaken, and, thus, take more damage as a result of being too shaken to move with the hit.

EDIT: As I was told by another staff member, the Skill Trees were designed with, among other things, multi-limbed characters in mind. Is it the fact that he can dismiss his extra arms that's causing issues?
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 am

A skill tree is limited to a total of two immunities. As of checking the meta topic, you'd need to move one of your immunities to tier two, as you may only have one immunity per tier.

Meditation is good.

The dnd logic doesn't translate. Please try to keep consistent with the internal logic of the website. Generally, if I have armor IRL, even if I'm not moving, you're doing less damage to me.

On a technicality stand point, you can't affect someone's nerves until they're K.O'd. You can still apply the debuff, but their nerves won't be affected until they're unconscious.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:39 am

Fixes made.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:05 am

You either get the spell that functions as a skill tree ability, or you may get increases to your statistics. Personally, I'd opt for the free spell.

Monkey Grip is already reliant on your statistics and has no practical use.

Wait, does Smite only affect people with such low END? I'd suggest fixing so its dependent on difference of tier levels between you and the opponent. That way, it'll scale up with you and not become irrelevant at the later tiers.

Also, I'd personally remove the intimidate/mind effect flavor, by relating your ability to that, you're adding a drawback that's RP intensive, not competitive. It ends up only hurting you, not helping.

Battle Trance just seems to be a circumstantial immunity. I'd suggest changing it to, "The user's cool-downs may only be affected by the user."
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 am

Fixes made.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 am

Thinking about it, we don't really have a way to measure health. So, I'd suggest making an ability limit or adding a cool-down.

For Kiai, change it to equal tier or one lower and two tiers lower or more.

Should you desire, you may move your portals to T1.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 am

What'd be an appropriate cooldown for such an ability as the base?

Everything else fixed.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am

I'd say 7 posts. Serenae has a version that is 5 posts, but to my knowledge it isn't treated as a skill and not magic. If I'm ever to find out that is not the case, then you will be allowed to reduce it to 5. This is preventative measures to not leave you with the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

Keep in mind, the debuffs at T2 will only be moderate, as the meta topic established.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 am

Understood.

We good to go, other than the blank spaces?
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:27 am

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 am

Slow your roll, there, I got two more powers to plug in.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm just approving it until further notice. Whenever you want to add the other abilities, just edit and bump.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 am

Bump for actually being done.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 pm

HEY, YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!!!!!!!!!!
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Similarly to how there is no MP to DP conversion, there will be no MP to charge conversion. You may have a skill with a cool-down that restores charges.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:26 pm

That's a little annoying, but, alright.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 pm

An example of a T1 skill restoring charges is:

Greed wrote:Greed restore one charge on a synthesis item per 10 posts.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:03 am

How's that edit grab ya?
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Swordmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum