MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Gluttony EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Gluttony EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Gluttony EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Gluttony EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Gluttony EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Gluttony EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Gluttony EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Gluttony EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Gluttony EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Gluttony

4 posters

Go down

Gluttony Empty Gluttony

Post by Greed Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Base Ability:
Gluttony - The user is able to open a mouth from anywhere on his body and literally "eat" inanimate matter of any mass, and can use the materials he eats in order to create Synthesis Items at his discretion, instead of taking up the bothersome amount of time it would normally consume. The mouth can move up to 5 feet away from his body by stretching it inhumanly, acting almost like an appendage. The mouth can be of any size as long as it is no larger than the surface it manifests on. If he consumes another Synthesis item, regardless of its owner, he can immediatly destroy it and use its abilities to either upgrade another synth item he consumes or to create another one, as long as he has enough material available. His 'inner forge' has no internal capacity, and is a 'summon void zone' - no ability to call or banish a weapon functions while it is inside of the forge.

Base Ability Cool Down:
Passive

Tier One

1st Skill:
Charges on Synthesis Items Greed creates are immune to negative effects.

2nd Skill:
Synth items Greed has created may be summoned/banished in his immediate possession or within two meters per tier.

3rd Skill:
Greed restore one charge on a synthesis item per 10 posts.

4th Skill:
Greed may manipulate any of his synth items at a range of 5 meters per tier.

5th Skill:
Synthesis Items Greed creates are never unwieldy to Greed, regardless of their size.

Tier Two

1st Skill:
Synth items Greed creates have two extra abilities.

2nd Skill:
Synth items Greed creates have an increased charge capacity of +2.

3rd Skill:
Synth items Greed creates cannot be summoned or banished except by his skills or abilities, and only with his consent.

4th Skill:
Synth items Greed creates may be split as if they were perfectly disjoined, while functioning as if they were never separated. An item may have a total number of separations equal to Greed's Synthesis Tier, and an Item may only be split as many times as it has charges. Each separated piece of an item holds at least one charge.

Tier Three

1st Skill:
Increase of Gluttony. Any item Greed tries to eat is edible and does no damage to himself, regardless of its physical form or other characteristics. Meaning he could eat Magma, a spiked weapon, or even an intangible weapon.

2nd Skill:
Synthesis Items Greed creates are immune to effects that would prevent movement.

3rd Skill:
Every Synthesis item Greed creates is a part of his collective conscience, and they act according to his will; if they have the ability to perceive the world around them, they share this perception with Greed (at no hinderance to the user). Even if he falls inert, his Synthesis items are able to act independently and of his will. In correlation to this ability, any Synthesis item Greed creates is a catalyst for his skills and abilities.

Tier Fourth

1st Skill:
Greed can absorb spells he comes into contact with (and is aware of), and either use it as a spell, or to create synth items. He may hold three spells at a time. He may hold these spells for the remainder of the topic. He may make any of these spells non-elemental. He may absorb any number of spells in a given post, but after he absorbs a spell(s), he must wait 3 posts before doing so again.

2nd Skill:
Greed can "eat" unconscious or willing individuals and forge them into his Synthesis items, effectively becoming a 'golem'. Those created with this ability are not imparted with a portion of Greed's will; individuals forged act according to their own desires. Greed can open telepathic communication with his Synthesis items at will.

Tier Five

1st Skill:
Greed's internal forge gains a second compartment that allows fusion with others or a Synthesis Item(s). All skills of items fused are shared amongst the participants, A maximum of five items are allowed to fuse with Greed per fusion. Regardless of whether or not others are involved, a fusion only lasts ten posts before entering its Cooldown. Fusion can only be achieved with willing individuals.

ignore:

The person who donates the most physical stats will determine physical traits of the new being. This means that the new body uses their elements and skill trees. The person who donates the most skill-based stats controls the fusion and determines the slotted abilities it can use. If an equal amount of both are given, participants must work together on determining the character's action. This opens the possibility of inaction due to internal confliction and, without cooperation, an inability to understand the full capabilities of the new being.

In addition a symmetrical fusion with two physical stats and one mental stat will gain one skill tree from each party, as well as two elements from each party.

If fusion occurs with an individual who has a different base race than Greed, then the person who donates the most physical stats determines the race. If all participants donate equal physical stats then Somebody has racial priority in the fusion. In cases where a somebody is not involved, Replica has secondary priority, then Nobody, then Heartless, then Lingering Sentiment.

Cooldown: 25 posts.

Last edited by Greed on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Directory : Everything About Greed

Back to top Go down

Gluttony Empty Re: Gluttony

Post by Game Master Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:45 pm

You can have indestructible items at Tier Five if you dedicate a slot to it. But you can not have indestructible items at Tier one.

I will not allow a person to spend MP to restore the charges on a Synth item. While not specified due to it not being addressed, I feel charges are separate from MP in a similar manner that MP is separate from DP. At tier one, I will let you restore on charge to one item every ten posts.

A general assessment of allowing you to practically double spells on synthesis reveals that this is not a great solution for an entire tree, let alone a single skill to grant. You may have total from this tree two extra spells on any one Synth item.

I have a similar quandary with the charges. I'm going to review Synthesis as a skill statistic more in-depth later, but for now I'll say two extra charges from every tree.

While Skill Trees can provide more slots, I take issue with a Skill Tree directly interfering with the general structure of approvals. The relation that skill trees have with slots is shaky, and while it ultimately makes no difference whether or not you make two normal approvals or one larger one under the ascribed conditions, I find myself saying no to that concept.

It should be noted that in a combat ruling I would usually consider weapons that are destroyed to have lost their charges. I would consider it differently if greed devoured and then destroyed them, but destroying them in the open air of combat I still would feel dissipates their charges.

I'm going to stipulate that Greed has to be aware of the spell to absorb it, and I'm going to mandate a small cool down of roughly one-post in nature. Moreover, a similar ability used at T5 on a Keyblade tree gives less than your ability is asking for. As a result, since at T5 it could hold five spells, I believe at Tier Four with the other extra effects considered this can hold three.

My issue with making people into a Golem is the same issue I've taken with "soul-stealing" abilities that we encounter from time to time. The fact is, they're fairly mean spirited. If you kill a character or steal its heart, it doesn't stop being that character necessarily. It undergoes mechanical changes in line with what we designed to be acceptable. While I have no actual issue with you forging Golems out of other characters (they would be required to take up a Synthesis Slot) I must inform you that this counts as death, and a person can still exit the underworld. If not killed by a Keyblade, they still respawn in the RoD, ect.

I'm going to say that the item that is using the abilities has to expend its own charges to cast these abilities.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Edited in compliance.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:50 pm

"Greed may manipulate any of his synth items at a range of 5 meters per tier."

To clarify, this manipulation is based off of Greed's physical statistics.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm

I had gathered.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:15 am

Edited.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 am

Define "Negative Effects" in regards to your charges.

So if you make an items that weighs tons and tons and tons, you want that to not matter to you?

If you slit a Synth item in two, its charges must also be divided into two.

The only issue with increase in Gluttony that I can currently observe is your ability to ignore any sort of damage. On must figure that while it wouldn't be damaging once in the forge, swallowing Magma must not be the most comfortable thing to do.

I will need to come back to the fifth tier ability.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:35 pm

If my charges were to be drained, disabled, destroyed/expended without an ability being activated, put into cooldown, or any effect that would be seen as negative to them. Essentially, the charges themselves could not be tampered with in any negative way. Someone could give an item charges, but not take any away.

Not to that extreme, but essentially, yes.

Edited, but to include multiple splitting.

Synth items Greed creates may be split as if they were perfectly disjoined, while functioning as if they were never separated. An item may have a total number of separations equal to Greed's Synthesis Tier, and an Item may only be split as many times as it has charges. Each separated piece of an item holds at least one charge.

The magma was an example of a Synthesis Item made from magma - it only applies to eating other items. Actual Magma, or a spell or summon made of magma, would still affect Greed fully.

Alright: I understand the fusion meta is primarily untouched (sort of a successor to the symbiote meta), so I will gladly wait for clarifications to its allowances.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Unsure if there has been an appropriate amount of time, but, bump.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Given that we still can't appropriately discuss fusion meta, as there is still a lot of discussion involving Synth occurring and the tournament is drawing near, I'm going to give a temporary ruling on fusion.

This is not Dungeons and Dragons, and while I understand applying fusion in a manner similar to gestalting two classes it doesn't translate well. Mainly because this seems like a way to artificially reach Senien.

For now, this is my ruling on Fusion from a base ability, and by equivalent a T5.

You can only fuse with one individual at a time. A fusion can be held for no longer than ten rounds, i.e. one minute. A fusion character can not eliminate the weaknesses of the fused parties, but it can make them all round better or worse. For stats, choose three from one party and three from the other.

The person who donates the most physical stats will determine physical traits. This means that the new body uses their elements and skill trees. The person who donates the most skill-based stats controls the fusion and determines the slotted abilities it can use. If an equal amount of both are given, both players must work together on determining the character's action. This of course means that fusing with a character who has vastly different goals and values to you offers a drawback, because the fusion may be indecisive. Another drawback could be a character in control of the fusion has no idea how to utilize its skills.

In addition a symmetrical fusion with two physical stats and one mental stat will gain one skill tree from each party, as well as two elements from each party.

If you fuse with an individual who has a different base race than yourself, then the person who donates the most physical stats determines the race. If both players donate equal physical stats then Somebody has racial priority in the fusion. In cases where a somebody is not involved, Replica has secondary priority, then Nobody, then Heartless, then Lingering Sentiment.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Before I continue and edit accordingly, which of these rules apply when I fuse with non-player Synthesis Items?
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:54 pm

I will say you can keep the original ability limit of five for synth items and otherwise a maximum duration of ten rounds

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Thank you for the help!

Edited to exactly meet the precedents set.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm

APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Claiming for Mercy (Greed's Seeker), replacing all instances where 'Greed' is concerned with 'Mercy'.
Mercy
Mercy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum