MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Valkyr EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Valkyr EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Valkyr EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Valkyr EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Valkyr EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Valkyr EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Valkyr EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Valkyr EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Valkyr EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Valkyr

3 posters

Go down

Valkyr Empty Valkyr

Post by Alexander Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Name: Custom Gunblade- Valkyr
Type: Sniper Gunblade
Size: Medium
Alignment: Moon
Enchants / Abilities
Blood Bullets: Valkyr doesn't rely on conventional ammunition. It instead draws ammunition from Alexander's blood. As such, it does not reload, however every shot causes him slight damage. However, it can still take conventional ammunition instead, and doing so prevents Alexander from being damaged.
Critical Vibration: As a Gunblade, Valkyr is equipped with a separate firing machanism from the one reserved for actually firing bullets. This alternative firing mechanism is only available when Valkyr is not unfolded into Sniper Form. The function of this firing pin allows it to use Alexander's blood as a catalyst, damaging him slightly while forcing the blade to vibrate at an ultra-high frequency, capable of cutting through most metals and other hard objects with ease. The vibration only lasts a second, but due to a design flaw in Valkyr using this will cause this firing mechanism to become stuck due to the folding stock of Valkyr. Alexander is capable of fixing it in one post, but he must spend that entire post working on it and nothing else.
Notable Information:
Valkyr Gunblade_concept_by_shitsocash
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Valkyr Empty Re: Valkyr

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm not sure if the condition to your second ability is necessary, given you are only using 2 out of 4 ability slots and you have T4 synthesis. The part about spending a whole post fixing the pin, however since competitive RP posts last 6 seconds I can see how.

This is approved, given items with T5 Synthesis can resist this.

If you have any qualms, just respond and we'll continue the approval.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Why does T5 automatically make it resist? If you make a T5 toothpick out of T5 balsa wood does it just ignore my ability for being a Tier Higher with no consideration to quality?
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:46 pm

The idea is that T5 is of superior make. So while yes, you could possibly cut through a T5 synthesis, you do need to be strong enough to do it. Since you only have T2 strength, to cut higher tier synthesis I assume that it is less reliant on your strength. I wouldn't think you'd be cutting through someone's sword if they can hit with more force, which would be superior to the force this uses combined with your strength.

It was wrong to inherently assume it resists, however I wouldn't expect it to cut through something of higher quality make when clashing with someone with higher strength. So, when I said resist I did mean resist (and yes while I had an over-the-top meaning of resist, I can still apply a more logical form of it), however I should clarify that resistance doesn't mean it can ignore it. It just won't be as easy to cut through.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Their Strength doesn't have anything to do with their item's strength. If I am T5 and I have a stick the stick doesn't suddenly get jacked up like the Rock. Moreover, the property of an ultra-high frequency vibration being used to cut matter more effectively has been explored and has actual basis, which is what Gunblades do when in inflicting critical damage in the respective media.
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes but a force can be cancelled by a greater force. Cutting requires yourself to be strong enough, I don't know if an ability can just cut through anything with ease without something behind it.

People with chainsaws still have to push when cutting a tree. Is that the intention of the ability is to work like a chainsaw to where you push it through synthesis? Also, are you trying to ensure you cut through any synthesis even if it's T5? If it's made out of wood, sure wood is naturally susceptible to being cut but what about metal? If someone comes at you with a T5 weapon you're not going to instantly cut through it if it's metal. Specially if they can knock your sword away before it can get a proper cutting angle.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:02 pm

1) Their strength wouldn't increase the item's resistance. Actually, with your logic, it'd be beneficial for them to use a greater force, since the victim would be using their own force to have the ability cut through their weapon. And that's something that can happen, if he triggers the ability to while blocking against a sword slashing his way.

However, 2) if Critical Vibration allows him to cut with ease, then, unless there's an ability on the item to counter-act its effects, it's making whatever it's cutting comparable to butter, which makes the amount of force needed negligible.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Approved.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content