MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
The Blood of Failed Immortality EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

The Blood of Failed Immortality

2 posters

Go down

The Blood of Failed Immortality Empty The Blood of Failed Immortality

Post by Cheri-chan Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Base Ability: The Curse of Near-Immortality
Since her master was obsessed with achieving immortality, he naturally used her as a test subject and a guinea pig in many experiments. One finally mostly worked, although the girl went berserk and killed him. When she finally became conscious, she was gifted with his creation - having ultra-regeneration. She cannot be killed from any mortal wound. On a typical day, she can regenerate at ten-times the standard rate of a human and when receiving a major injury it’s accelerated to insane levels. The only thing that could truly end her life would be to completely obliterate the entirety of her body all at once.

[TL;DR Cheri’s base ability is ultra-rapid regeneration]

Base Ability Cool Down: {Passive}

Tier One
1st Skill: Blood Causticity
(Passive) Cherika's blood is highly corrosive. Direct contact with another person's flesh besides herself will likely burn and eat through the skin like a powerful acid. Direct contact with other materials will eat away at them but it depends: carbon-high goods like cloth will be melted away in seconds where as more sturdy metals will only receive slight holes or dents. If ingested, causes organ failure in mere minutes. There is no known antidote, depending on the amount ingested it can either knock one unconscious for a while or be completely fatal. Being bound to the dark magic that causes her regeneration, she is immune to her own causticity.

2nd Skill: Blood Fuel
(Passive) Opening wounds herself and causing blood to flow will make Cherika feel alive. Being masochistic combined with the effects of her unstable chemically engineered blood gives her a slight (not drastic) speed, dexterity, agility and strength boost to be fifty percent higher. This can only be invoked through a self-inflicted wound. If there has been some time [around 3 posts], she can inflict another wound on herself to double this buff to be one hundred percent higher, to which her buff will be maximized. This buff decreases by fifty percent once a decent amount of time [6 posts] has gone by without wounding herself.

3rd Skill: Blood Immunity
(Passive) Because her own blood is so caustic, she is completely immune to any poisons, drugs, and other harmful bodily-affecting substances organic or otherwise that rely on coursing through the bloodstream to work. Her caustic blood disintegrates any foreign material not vital to it, even on a molecular level. This is not limited to solids or liquids. Though gasses can make her choke up a bit often their effects to poison or induce drowsiness are often neutralized.

4th Skill: Blood Clone
By spilling a small amount of a person's blood (can be her own or another's), she can form that blood into a perfect physical copy of the person whose blood was used. However, their brain is heavily underdeveloped, only understands basic commands and its intelligence is very comparable to a 'walker' zombie (but with basic capabilities of any Tier 1 character). [Cooldown of 6 posts]

5th Skill: Dark Bloodletting
[1MP per 5 needles] While bleeding, Cherika can cause her blood to pour through a dark aura and come out as solid, sharp, throwable needles instead of a thick liquid. They start melting into her signature corrosive blood shortly after they are thrown.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Blood Kinesis
[2 MP] While Cherika is bleeding, she may fire a high-velocity projectile stream of blood in a straight line (with any natural arc from gravity) with a max range of ten yards.

2nd Skill: Blood Transfusion
(Passive) If for any reason Cherika can make physical contact with an open wound, she can rapidly drain the lifeforce from the wound’s owner as long as contact is maintained.

3rd Skill: Blood Reconstruction v1
[10 MP] If Cherika’s arms were to be slashed open, she can explode them in blood and transform them into a set of four, stretchy tentacles at varying lengths per arm (may do one or both) at which she can transform them back at any time. The tentacles give her a boost in strength (one point per arm) and leave a streak of corrosive blood anywhere they touch.

4th Skill: Dark Bloodfusion
[10 MP] While bleeding, by concentrating a small well of blood in her hands and melding it with the dark magic bound to her, Cherika creates of a volatile projectile of blood which she can hurl at an opponent as if it were a dense ball. On impact or by her choice, the projectile explodes in a six foot radius for medium damage and knockback (heavier if closer to the center, lighter if closer to the outsides) and splatters her corrosive blood everywhere.

Cheri-chan

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

The Blood of Failed Immortality Empty Re: The Blood of Failed Immortality

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Before I begin this approval.

While I am a fan of characters with their own deep lore and intrinsic backstories (and a fan of the simple characters as well) I must ask you, essentially, "TL;DR" everything into its most basic form. I need to know what the ability does, and while I can appreciate the rich flavor it is not conducive to wade through a paragraph when the ability only needs a sentence or two to describe its function. If the ability needs some manner of lore to justify it (i.e. a phoenix using fire to revive itself) and you feel it is pertinent to the judgement rendered, then by all means either include it or bring it up if the ability is questioned.

As a side note: anything you label as being magical will be subject to silence. If anything in this tree is related to or caused by magic and not via a natural/supernatural talent/affliction, it can be halted or even in some cases completely dispelled. Please keep this in mind. I only state this because of a particular passage I noted in the tree, as well as some abilities costing actual MP, and I wish for you to be aware of the ramifications.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheri-chan Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:38 am

The properties of the blood and regeneration cannot be silenced due to her affliction, but manipulation falls under the dark magic that binds the blood to her so anything that is listed with MP, when silenced, would not be feasible because silence implies her access to dark magic is restricted, however her blood definitely still flows.

TL;DR yes I am aware but i appreciate it!

Also the base ability already has a TL;DR - did you skip that, or does that current summary not suffice?

Cheri-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Define for me the speed of this regeneration in terms of seconds/posts/rounds (one combat round and post being viewed as spanning six seconds) if at all possible. You do not need to list specific cases, but an estimate of the average capability of this ability is necessary. Considering that any severe damage is only done after KO unless you facilitate it upon yourself (Dismemberment, broken pones, impalement, ect.) it may be better for you to define the amount of healing done as something along the lines of "slight per post", as I feel that this would be a very rough equivalent of the 10x faster healing factor. To explain why I say that: the average human will take 30 days to heal something minor, such as an abrasion. I feel that slight-per-post is a reasonable method of facilitating such a recovery, and potentially does so even less than the three days implied.

As for the greatly increased Healing Factor: to what degree is it accelerated? There is a limitation to what even a base ability can do if it is unmodified.

Please note, that Death is not the same as being KO'd. While regeneration is still available to you while KO'd, this base ability without modification through additional skills will not be able to bring you out of KO. Doing so will require a Tier Three Slot, to let you know in advance. The same will be said of reviving after death- if a blow occurs that would kill you, before Tier Three is reached, it very likely will. The idea that you have to be atomized to be completely destroyed is a bit much for being Tier Two, though being extremely difficult to kill due to "weird biology" is not.

So to understand: if the flow of blood is stopped, would she rendered unable to regenerate? It was an implication of your last statement that I would like to be perfectly clear on. It does not affect this approval beyond me simply attaining the knowledge.

Your blood can be corrosive, but it can not eat through flesh or bone of any living thing that is not KO'd, nor can its ingestion cause organ failure to anything that is not KO'd. This is due to the function of END. It can eat through synthesis items since it is acidic unless these items are non-reactive. It can also cause damage overtime on a person unless they manage to get it off, and ingesting it can also cause damage overtime. However, it should be noted that a caustic substance is not necessarily a poisonous one, and I will require poison blood to be a separate ability, although: some corrosive substances are known to produce poisonous gases when being used. Given that there is a basis for it, that is a kind of secondary effect I would be okay with.

We do not calculate slight to be equivalent to a 50% boost. Slight is a small amount that, in dealing explicitly with buffs, would be near .5%. If you want to have useful buffs, you're going to need to invest in buffs heavily. This is to prevent people from simply having one buff and not committing while others dedicate entire trees to getting interesting and powerful concepts. Buffs when focused into are absolutely devastating. Without that focus, they lack an actual effect in battle. If I may make a suggestion- the character is predicated on having fast healing, which means it can afford to take more damage. At this tier, you can assign a slight buff to up to two statistics if the conditions are suitable. You can do this passively. Alternatively, you could have it so that every time you take damage, you gain a slight increase in the two stats of your choosing. This would not have a duration but would be presumed over once the topic ended or you yourself decided to end it in that topic.

Immunity to blood-borne poisons, toxins, and negative agents is acceptable at this tier, and by justification of corrosive blood it is also acceptable that other biological agents that have to enter and act through the blood stream will be destroyed. However, that currently only applies to things of this criteria.

When you say a perfect physical clone, are you copying their physical statistics as well? You do reference it as being comparable to a T1 Zombie, but given the context I'm just uncertain enough to ask.

Dark Bloodletting does not need to cost MP, but it will need a small Cool Down.

Blood Kinesis doesn't need to cost MP, but it will need a small cool down.

Define to me rapidly drain? The most you'd be able to take from them per post is a moderate amount of health at Tier Two.

Does each arm become four tentacles, or is it four tentacles between the two arms? Give me a general length and an estimate to about how far they can expand. They can not give you a "One-point" boost in strength. We early on decided that allowing people to bypass their statistic investments that easily with such a method would be poor practice. Additionally, that extra point wouldn't benefit you unless it escalated you to the next tier, at which point the increase would be so staggering that it is mind-numbing to consider that only one ability can do that. You can increase your strength by a moderate amount maximum at Tier Two.

How long would you say it takes to concentrate the ball of blood? I'm going to make a fair assumption that since no other form of propulsion is indicated, you have to throw it or otherwise physically stoke movement. Does it splatter the blood everywhere within the six feet, or is there another range for it?

If you do insist on forcing the abilities that currently cost MP to keep doing so, then please consider abiding by the following suggestion: make them abilities instead. It will free up your skill tree and allow you to more greatly specialize into exploring buffs and expansions to your regenerative abilities. If your spells are using your blood, it is still your blood. It doesn't need to be explicitly tied to the skill tree. For reference, if you do go the ability route, since it is dark magic and blood manipulation the elemental combination would be something like Dark/Moon or Moon/Dark. The difference is minor, just merely indicative of which element has more presence.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheri-chan Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 am

Thank you for taking the time to provide such thorough feedback on the skill tree. I'll try to the best of my ability to respond to all queries, and then make one big edit to the main post at the end. If you'd prefer this to be modified as we go, just let me know and I'll be happy to do that.

Regeneration: ...Not gonna lie, a lot of this was copypasta and I really should've modified it to fit the format.

Maybe just take out multipliers or whatever out entirely and layer it out like this (and feel free to say that this is too powerful and substitute the numbers or give a similar system): Three posts to close (but not completely heal) a minor injury, Nine for a major injury, Twenty seven for a severe injury (close meaning there is no more open wound, and completely heal means all the tissue is completely repaired) and double each count for a complete heal. Like I said, we can play with the numbers, but something like this would be more desirable.

The plan already in place was that healing will not recover her from KO unless I add something that specifically says so (but obviously repairs her body during the downtime).

As for the flow of blood being stopped... I thought about this one for a while because that's a super interesting question. Let's go with the obvious cause of stopped bloodflow: her heart is no longer beating. I think the curse bound to her blood would force the heart to continue to beat, or override whatever is causing it to stop. If her heart would rupture, she would stop functioning (as would any normal human being) until it repaired itself and continued beating. The curse is pretty independent of her, but no bloodflow would not completely stop her regeneration (most likely inconvenience or inhibit it slightly).

---

Converting flesh-eating and organ failure to a DoT is perfectly fine by me - as long as she still gets to chew up the environment and destroy weak equipment. Not sure where the poison stuff is coming from; if you mean because I said antidote, let's call it a 'counter-agent' since it's not really poisonous due to causticity (Blood, in of itself, is still naturally poisonous to a human to some degree =P). For technical purposes, how about contact is slight DoT and ingestion is moderate DoT?

---

The passive stat boost is going to be tricky to capture (and admittedly this is another victim of copypasta, sorry about that). Getting a passive boost every time she takes damage would be a bit unfair since she can slash herself silly for tons of boosts with little repercussions. Maybe the boost is small enough that she would take too long to keep injuring herself to really get to a point of it being unfair.

So, once again remove the multiplier (50% in this case), hmm... maybe we can get away with a slight buff in two after all with diminishing returns/max increase per stat, and after 6 posts of no wounds it resets? The trigger would be creating an open wound/bleeding as a result of damage (bleeding is important here ;\)

---

The clause for immunity is fine. Should I update the description at all?

---

Perfection applies to their appearance. Their stats, abilities, etc are NOT copied. I'll add "in regards to their appearance" to the description to avoid confusion.

---

Regarding every comment addressing MP: the use of MP was to avoid a cool-down. The abilities I was reserving for dark-based skills (that don't really involve blood). In order to make cool-downs work, she would need a slight buff in the skill (I made them weaker to allow them to be slightly more spammy) and the ability to allow a specific number of uses in an unrestricted fashion before it cools down (I.E. 10 shots before a 1-post cooldown, not using any shots for a post replenishes them).

---

"Define to me rapidly drain? The most you'd be able to take from them per post is a moderate amount of health at Tier Two."

Then that will be the definition of rapidly drain =) (I'll update the description accordingly).

---

Each arm is four tentacles. Each arm gets a 1-foot, 2-foot, 3-foot, and 4-foot tentacle, each one can stretch 50% of their original length. They will give a moderate boost in Strength rather than a point boost then.

---

Three or four seconds to concentrate, another second to throw. It has to be manually thrown as you suggested, and I can make that more explicit in the description. Blood spatters within the six feet.

Cheri-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:27 am

The specified times are fine, and to clarify my own intention: I was merely curious as to what the cessation of blood-flow meant for any applicable future situations. While I do doubt that anybody will be able to bypass endurance to stop your heart until you are KO'd, I simply wished to know what direction such a ruling would need to go.

We could agree to the technical aspects of slight and moderate damage over time. I merely need a duration specified. You will still be able to cause environmental and equipment damage, as per your desire.

That would be the point of allowing you to be slightly buffed whenever you take damage. Slight Buffs from damage would accrue in power over time. A slight buff on its own is extremely weak, and in most cases will make so small a difference as to be unnoticeable. However, combining the ability to generate the buff more easily would make it much more viable. I will allow the increase to affect two physical statistics.

No, I merely stating for the reference of other staff and members who may view this application within the coming weeks. You do not need to update the description.

I am admittedly iffy on letting them go without cooldowns, but I'll allow it to see what the ramifications are when they are used. If it proves that the abilities are too much with no cool down, we will revisit this tree later to specifically address those.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheri-chan Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:45 pm

-Contact would be 3 posts (unless shaken off), ingestion would be 8 posts (unless vomit is induced). Times could be shorter or longer depending on the amount? but those would be the baseline.

-Fine with me @ no cooldowns.

Am I good to make the edit now, then?

Cheri-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:30 pm

You are good to edit.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down