MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Penumbra EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Penumbra EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Penumbra EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Penumbra EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Penumbra EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Penumbra EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Penumbra EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Penumbra EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Penumbra EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Penumbra

2 posters

Go down

Penumbra Empty Penumbra

Post by Faith Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Penumbra

Faith has complete control over darkness, being able to bend it to her will, and can create a pocket of darkness that surrounds her, with herself at the epicenter. If she moves, so too does the darkness. This sphere may be compacted into her own shadow or expanded outward up to 50 yards in all direction, blocking out all light. While in her sphere of influence, opponents become blind, all light being swallowed up by the darkness. Supernatural senses are interfered with by the blackness generated by supernatural darkness and physical senses become dulled as well due to the pitch blackness created by Penumbra. This blackness also creates a lost sense of direction, being that there’s no definitive direction one can follow. Penumbra may be activated for 15 posts before returning to Faith’s shadow and becoming dormant.
Cool Down: 10 posts

Tier One

Cat’s Greed: While within Penumbra, opponents have their MP drained by 20MP her post, this being added to Faith’s MP Pool.
Feline Malice: While within Penumbra, the cost of an opponent’s ability increases by 25MP per the caster’s magic tier.
Feline Blessing: While Penumbra is active, the cost of any spell cast by Faith is reduced by 20MP per magic tier.
Indomitable: Penumbra may not be altered by any skill or ability, except by Faith herself.
Dark Grimalkin: Faith may teleport once per post using space, and can effectively use Doors to Darkness outside of battle.

Last edited by Faith on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Faith
Faith

Back to top Go down

Penumbra Empty Re: Penumbra

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 am

For reference: an aura is not toggleable. While you can certainly have an aura with a similar effect to this (we'll address the specific adjustments that need to be made in just a moment) you will not be able to turn it off. You will be constantly encompassed by a sphere of darkness. If this is not what you intend, then note that this is not an aura effect, but a standard, activated base ability.

Assuming this is an aura, the following adjustments need to be made: reduce the range. This is nearly three-hundred feet of total darkness, wherever you are.

Are they blinded by the lack of light, or by another force? Does it dull only physical senses, or supernatural ones as well? Is there something in the Darkness that would cause them to lose their sense of direction?

I feel 15-20 MP is more appropriate for Cat's Greed. I'm not sure if I've allowed more in the past- if I have then I am willing to let it go higher, but for now I'd suggested within that range, and I'll let you decide which.

Your magic tier, or their's?

That's a large increase considering that at tier one, you only usually have 50 MP starting. I'd say between 15-20 for this as well. Please keep in mind- you can not decrease the cost of any spell beyond half of its original cost.

Just to clarify: not being alterable doesn't mean it can overcome immunities. This is not just for you, but for others who see it and may make the faulty assumption. It simply means that the ability can not be tampered with.

Once more, I can not recall what a previous judgement on teleportation on Tier One was. While I am iffy on it, I'll allow it once per post to see what it does for the character, as I feel that I have indeed allowed it before.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 am

The Base Skill has been edited, so hopefully that fixes and clarifies some things. As for all the other skills, they have also been edited~
Faith
Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 pm

An aura would enable you to manipulate darkness within a certain range, and possibly have some affects attached to it such as solidifying that darkness, changing its shape, ect. But the base ability here is clearly demonstrating an effect that doesn't seem to be entirely aura based. While it could be caused potentially by a higher level aura with dedication, it definitely fits more closely to the category of a base ability that would typically have a cool down.

You are creating a sphere of darkness that has a three-hundred feet diameter, completely blinds people who rely on light, disrupts supernatural senses in an unspecified way, dulls physical senses other than sight such as hearing, equilibrium, touch, and more while also interfering with any individual's sense of direction. All of this with no duration aside from what you decide. While not powerful in the same way as a world ending blast, for just being a base ability that anybody could mimic at Tier One it bestows unto you an unbelievably powerful advantage.

To repeat, that is not an aura. It is something that a higher-level aura with significant dedication could accomplish. Auras can be powerful but they don't replace the sheer burst of advantage given by way of using of limits or other grand base abilities.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:10 am

I turned it from an aura to a cool-down. :3
Faith
Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:13 pm