MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Command Styles EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Command Styles EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Command Styles EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Command Styles EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Command Styles EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Command Styles EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Command Styles EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Command Styles EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Command Styles EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Command Styles

2 posters

Go down

Command Styles Empty Command Styles

Post by Keyblade Warrior Terra Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Strength to Protect what Matters:
Terra has access to certain parts of his original skillsets. These are unlocked in the form of his unique Command Styles. Each has a specific strength in exchange for a specific weakness.

Tier One
Command Styles CS_Sprite_Critical_Impact_KHBBS
 Activating this ability allows Terra to more efficiently use his slow, critical attack style. 6 post cooldown. (+Strength, -Speed)

1st Skill:
Zantetsuken:
Command Styles Zantetsuken_KHBBS
Terra focuses all of his energy into a single, devastatingly powerful strike that aims at a single target, dealing double the damage of a normal physical strike.
[Cooldown: 4]

2nd Skill:
Rising Earth
Command Styles Rising_Rock_1_%28Finisher%29_KHBBS
This ability allows the user to perform a four-hit combo that generates a shockwave and stuns enemies for a single post, dealing moderate damage per strike.
[Cooldown: 3]

3rd Skill:
Rising Rock
Command Styles Rising_Rock_2_%28Finisher%29_KHBBS
This is a special technique that consists of a 4-hit combo, which generates a shockwave and rock debris, dealing moderate damage per strike.

Fourth Skill:
Strike Raid: Terra hurls his Keyblade forward in a single direction, unable to recall it until it has reached the intended target, and hitting all enemies in its path. This skill has a range of twenty (20) feet. The Keyblade then returns in the direction it travelled, hitting all opponents in its path upon return. Each strike deals normal physical damage.

Fifth Skill:
Limit Storm:
Command Styles Limit_Storm_KHBBS
Terra surrounds himself with powerful energy in a full circle around him, spiraling upwards. All enemies caught in this will be knocked back and take medium damage.

Tier Two

Command Styles CS_RockBreaker
This Command style allows Terra for more potent spellcasting abilities. His physical attacks are not as effective here. 6 post cooldown. (+Magic, -Strength)

1st Skill:
Meteor Crash
Command Styles Meteor_Crash_KHBBS
 This skill allows the user to leap high into the air and bring their Keyblade crashing down on their opponent, followed by a barrage of meteors that deal heavy fire damage.
[Cooldown: 6]

2nd Skill:
Finisher
Command Styles Rockbreaker_%28Finisher%29_KHBBS
This skill allows the user to generate a damaging spell that also kicks up pillars of rock, dealing heavy damage to enemies in a ten (10) foot radius.

3rd Skill:
Meteor
Command Styles Meteor_KHBBS
An utterly devastating attack, which summons a meteor (approx the size of a minivan) upon Terra’s enemies, causing critical damage to anything caught in its range. The shockwave of impact will cause additional medium damage for twenty (20) feet.
[Cooldown: 7]

Tier Three
Command Styles CS_Sprite_Dark_Impulse_KHBBS
Dark Impulse is a special Technique which allows him to connect to the darkness within his heart and accomplish amazing feats. 8 post cooldown. (+Strength, -Defense)

1st Skill:
Dark Firaga
Command Styles 400px-Dark_Firaga_KHBBS
A powerful, single directional projectile that deals both Darkness and Fire damage in heavy moderation.

2nd Skill:
Dark Volley
Command Styles Dark_Volley_KHBBS
Terra fires ten (10) dark projectiles at his enemies, dealing light damage with every arrow striking the target.
[Cooldown: 2]

3rd Skill:
Command Styles Dark_Impulse_KHBBS
Darkest Shadow:
Terra sinks into the ground, and appears beneath a target, dealing medium damage to any enemies caught in range. His attack speed and strength are drastically increased (30%) in exchange for his broken mental state and heavily increased damage from light-based attacks. (60%)

Tier Fourth
What Once Was Mine:  Focusing the faint power of light remaining within him, Terra is able to call upon a mysterious spectre: the Lingering Will. It acts as a temporary summon, with HALF of the stats Terra himself possesses. The Lingering Will spawns in with HALF of the HP Terra currently has. The Lingering Will also takes double the amount of damage Terra himself would normally take, making it more vulnerable.
If it is not defeated beforehand, it will vanish after seven (7) posts.
[CHARGE TIME: 3 posts Terra must focus and cannot react, though he can step back and forth/side to side. A major vulnerability will be Area attacks.]
[ONCE PER THREAD ONLY.]

1st Skill:
Impetuous Whip (Lingering Will Skill):
The Lingering Will's Keyblade becomes a whip, striking all enemies in a 10 foot radius for medium damage. This deals 8 strikes against enemies.
[ONCE per thread]

2nd Skill:
Creeping Curse (Lingering Will Skill):
The Lingering will summons forth a glyph, covering a 5 foot radius. Enemies trapped in this glyph take medium damage for 4 posts.
[ONCE per thread]

Tier Five
Limit Break:

1st Skill:
Command Styles Ultima_Cannon_%28Lingering_Will%29_KHIIFM
Terra transforms his Keyblade into a massive cannon, which fires a seeking projectile at the target. The sphere is massive, nearly 10 ft in diameter, but travels slowly and can be reflected by light spells or a Keyblade reflect. If the sphere hits, it deals critical damage to all enemies in the radius of 10 feet.
[Once Per Thread]

Last edited by Keyblade Warrior Terra on Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade's Chosen
Keyblade's Chosen

Back to top Go down

Command Styles Empty Re: Command Styles

Post by Game Master Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 am

Clever use of the Skill Tree.

Physical Abilities don't need to cost MP, for reference. And normally, abilities in skill trees do not either. They are treated as natural extensions of your characer. If you wish to include an MP cost, know that they will be susceptible to negation/silence/ect.

How much is strength increased for Terra? How much is speed decreased? Keep in mind, a severe decrease at Tier One would basically cripple the character.

Zantetsuken doesn't need an MP Cost. Raise the cool down to four. Given that its a tier one skill, the critical damage it deals will need to be toned down to be more suitable for where it is located on the skill tree. At most, I will allow it to add an additional half of the damage a normal physical strike would allow.

You already know the general risk with combo moves, I'd assume, since its implied by each component of the attack being a separate, sequential blow. You don't need MP for the stun effect. This attack would be allowed to deal moderate damage with each hit.

Same deal with the third skill as with the second. It doesn't need to cost MP. It can only deal moderate damage each hit.

You're missing two skills from Tier One.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyblade Warrior Terra Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Game Master wrote:Clever use of the Skill Tree.

Physical Abilities don't need to cost MP, for reference. And normally, abilities in skill trees do not either. They are treated as natural extensions of your characer. If you wish to include an MP cost, know that they will be susceptible to negation/silence/ect.

I'm aware. However, there's a specific reason why I included it in.
I'm putting the bulk of Terra's points into his END, STR, and SPD. His physical power is going to be utterly ridiculous at top tiers. To better balance that out, I feel some of his more damaging moves should cost something in return. Consider the boost given to Terra if he's at less than half his health--it's substantial when you include the stacking effects of some of these passives, with the addition of the Command Style he uses. If he's in Critical Impact style with under half his health after taking critical damage from an attack, the retaliatory force of something like Zantetsuken is going to absolutely, horrendously powerful. Yes, that particular situation is very specific, but if it were to happen when Terra is at a top tier...whatever is getting hit by that attack is really going to feel it.
This is why I went very specific with what percentages Terra could use those stacking strength passives--the situations that would even cause those passives to activate are not nearly as likely to occur in a serious confrontation against another opponent. Let's be honest, fights very rarely drag out to the point where anybody is at critical or even half HP. However, if a fight did last that long, Terra's advantage nearly doubles because of those passives. Gods help you if he uses that last skill on the Dark Impulse tree at critical health.

How much is strength increased for Terra? How much is speed decreased? Keep in mind, a severe decrease at Tier One would basically cripple the character.  
I think for now a 1 for 1 trade is fair...although as Terra progresses through the character tiers, that number will obviously need to be adjusted for the inflation of his stats. The boosts will be significant to the decrease at that point, of course.

Zantetsuken doesn't need an MP Cost. Raise the cool down to four. Given that its a tier one skill, the critical damage it deals will need to be toned down to be more suitable for where it is located on the skill tree. At most, I will allow it to add an additional half of the damage a normal physical strike would allow.
That's reasonable, even considering the higher tiers. I was looking back at that and wondering how fucking hard that was going to hit with the addition of the stacking passives. I'll change it to double the normal physical damage.

You already know the general risk with combo moves, I'd assume, since its implied by each component of the attack being a separate, sequential blow. You don't need MP for the stun effect. This attack would be allowed to deal moderate damage with each hit.
I calculated for the total damage of the effect if the skill were to go off in its entirety, not the strength of each hit. Sorry.

Same deal with the third skill as with the second. It doesn't need to cost MP. It can only deal moderate damage each hit.

You're missing two skills from Tier One.
...whoops. #Icanfixthat
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade's Chosen
Keyblade's Chosen

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 pm

This type of skill tree is very experimental. I look forward to seeing how it is executed. Approved.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down