MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Eno's Life Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Eno's Life Skill Tree

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eno's Life Skill Tree Empty Eno's Life Skill Tree

Post by Eno Vale Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Base Ability: Life Force Manipulation: Eno creates an aura using his life force. The aura's range is 45 meters and deals moderate damage per character tier to all enemies, and the damage done by this ability is converted into health for Eno per post. It deals additional moderate damage per enemy within the aura's range.

[url=https://i.imgur.com/37WmM8d.jpg]

Tier One
1st Skill: Become One With All: Eno, his weapons, abilities, party members, and summons are catalysts for his skills.

2nd Skill:  No Uninvited Guests: Anything summoned/manifested by an enemy, regardless if they're effected by the aura or not, is summoned on the outer edge of the aura. If it cannot be separated from the character, it instead is not manifested until the summoner leaves the aura.

3rd Skill: Spell Reduction: Spells Eno uses now cost 15MP less to cast or maintain.

4th Skill: Switch Affliction: If Eno gets a status effect, it can be moved to up to three targets within his aura. Eno is capable of doing this once every three posts, or twice every six posts.

[6 Post CD]

5th Skill: Ebb Away: If Eno is at full health, his aura does extra moderate damage per his character tier.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Mage's Bane: Enemy Spells within Eno's Aura cost an additional 20MP per Eno's character  tier.

2nd Skill: Drive's Bane: Enemies in Eno's aura must spend  +1DP per Eno's character tier towards sources that require DP.

3rd Skill: Mage's Drain: Eno's aura drains 20MP per post from enemies.

4th Skill: Consume the Drive: Eno's aura drains 1DP per his character tier from enemies.

Last edited by Eno Vale on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:47 am; edited 25 times in total
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Eno's Life Skill Tree Empty Re: Eno's Life Skill Tree

Post by Eno Vale Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:28 am

Bamp
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:58 am

The Entire First skill sounds like it should be the base ability. You should realize that even if you accelerated all of your tiers up, MAG prowess would not be affected, and at T5 boosting them an entire tier would not happen due to T6 being purely hypothetical.

Break the Limit needs to define what this extra effect it grants is.

Energy Transfer Seems to be a little too powerful for me. Embuing a weapon with extra Lunar damage is fine, but I'm not sure how the moon changes or reinforces the make of the item.

Wouldn't Avatar's aura only be able to raise you one tier while the base ability is active, then, considering you'd be temporarily at T2? Using the skill to raise two tiers under any condition at T1 is too much.

So does this fifth ability only affect Human Somebodies and Objects?

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 am

Alright, I've made some edits.

I've shortened up the first skill, and took away its ability to raise Eno entire tiers. Instead, it'll steadily increase his power as his tier raises so that if tier 5 ever happens he'll still be able to gain power without hitting the hypothetical tier 6. As for it sounding like the base ability, life covers a lot of ground, extending to both the individual, and living things around. Hence why this is the skill rather than the base ability, considering it revolves around the manipulation of Eno's very life in order for this skill to be utilized.

I may not have properly conveyed this, but Break the Limit will be covering abilities that I will eventually write up to be approved at a later date. As of now it does nothing. And, in order to try to balance out the gain, the main thing that'll be required for the extra effect, is extra MP and slightly longer posts for the charge. There will also be certain conditions that will need to be met for others.

Energy Transfer, now with less quality and more moon. I've decided that it'd be better to just boost the capabilities of what the weapon can do, without actually making the weapon a better make, or stronger in the sense of "sturdier." What I mean by that is, I can't figure out how or why it'd improve quality either. This doesn't manipulate the integrity of the weapon in any way. It's just, well, MOOOOOOON and life-essence.

I've turned Avatar's Aura into an AoE DoT effect. While I'm expecting it may need another nerf as far as damage goes, I hope the actual effect is fine.

I've set up the fifth ability to simply extend his life at tier 1, it'll grant him additional affects as he grows stronger. However, it does cover a wide range of species/items, making it rather easy for Eno to gain life, hell all it'll take is someone willing, or someone suicidal, or someone old to just hand him life if they don't want it/need it. So again, I can see that nerf bat coming from a mile away lol.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:29 am

The Base ability carries the implication that Eno can just use "Life force" in any way at will. Is this just flavor text for the tree or the actual base ability? If the latter, then it will need to be specified more.

Break the Limit can only grant one effect. It is meant to be a T1 skill that augments spells with its power, not a T1 skill has has several different effects.

Heartless have no soul, and are just esoteric beings of Darkness. Their version of life is different from a complete being's. Based on what the tree is, I can't allow that fifth skill to affect Heartless.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:39 am

It's the latter, so, in what way would you like me to specify it, I'd prefer to know exactly or close to exactly what I'd need so I don't just add bullshit rather than what you're looking for.

I'm just going to make Break the Limit into something else entirely, so I'm going to leave it blank for now. I'll probably have something new in a few hours.

Edited in that it isn't able to affect heartless.

Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 am

Well, if you can freely manipulate life energy I'll need to see limitations. A duration is not needed, but life energy itself is an extremely broad concept and it should be narrowed down, or at least better explain what it is capable of.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:15 am

Edited in one limitation I had in mind. Is it acceptable?
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:24 am

This gives him the ability to wield the fundamental force that allows life to exist, grow, and flourish throughout the universe, this includes not only his own life-force, but the life-force of others.

I need you to explain in no uncertain terms what you can do with this.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 am

Bumping, took a while, but I've edited the skill-tree a bit, again.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:19 am

SoR is doing too much at the very beginning. As it currently is, it is powerful enough would be a T3 skill. You say a few seconds- chalk that up to a post. With the charge time, I could drop it to Tier Two.

Spiritual flight confuses me. Are you turning into a ghost to fly?

Rather than have an extensive list of tiers and what they do, it would probably just be easier for you to state that they get different rewards based on your tier, and re-edit the skill for clarity each time the tree gets re-approved. Because we'll be back here later to add the second part in anyway. I appreciate being thorough, but you created a lot of unneeded work for yourself.

You're gonna have to extend the length of time it takes you to heal. Twelve seconds is not a lot of time to heal a small wound.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:50 am

Edited Spiritual Overdrive to take a post, and also instead of augmenting four attributes it now augments two.

Picture a person surrounded in a small, invisible bubble. Said bubble being the spirit. Essentially, think DBZ whenever a character flies at high speeds. They're projecting their ki around their bodies giving themselves the ability to fly. That's what helped me give clarity to this skill in the first place.

I decided to add in that the benefit reflects Eno's tier, and got rid of the extensive list.

Extended the length of time for the healing on both accounts.

Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:16 pm

With the charge time, Spiritual Overdrive can augment One stat for moderate, or without the charge time it can augment one stat for slight.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Edited for Overdrive to only boost endurance.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Approved

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Fri May 01, 2015 6:30 am

Bump with tier 2 skills
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 am

You can have four skills at T2

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Sat May 02, 2015 9:12 am

Bump with 4th skill.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat May 02, 2015 6:00 pm

At tier two, you may boost your strength by a moderate amount, not a high amount. The other problem with it is that, basically, if you have two allies versus three other individuals and your allies happen to post before the other people, they have absolutely no chance for an interrupt. I would consider rounds, and normally when a person says posts I count their posts alone when doing rulings, but the manner in which you have described the skill makes me deny the current form it takes.

The regeneration in this ability is too severe given that this is only a tier two ability.

I am not going to let you bypass END.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 am

I'll try to get these addressed one at a time. I'll start editing the third skill now since that should be easier/quicker to address by making another skill entirely.

I edited the first skill of the second skill tree. Moderate amount added, increased the time it takes to ramp up, and made it to where it'd be six of my posts before the ramp up is added.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Wed May 06, 2015 9:23 am

Bumping with edits made to the other skills.

Since i cannot ignore END I changed it to a 2nd tier Aura spell, the damage of it now scaling with Eno's magic tier.

Spiritual Regenara has been slightly adjusted, also regen has been added in parenthesis for the level one version of this skill.

Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 am

I'm not going to let you raise all of your physical attributes by an entire tier at tier two, even when combining two abilities in that manner. The increase is simply too severe.

The thing about the regeneration is, usually, a person who gets something like you have at T2 I would have made wait. You are attempting what is honestly an advanced form of automatic, POWERFUL healing. I can not let you have this at tier two. The way it worked was fine at tier one, and even then I was weary of it, but the attempt at grabbing this skill at tier two is making me reconsider the past judgement.

You are dealing way to much damage with that aura ability. If you at T2 are dealing enough damage to KO people of your tier in about four posts just from them standing near you, and you are doing this automatically, you are not only going to hurt competition but affect NPCs in the exact same way. You can not turn off aura effects, and they affect pretty much everyone the same way.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Thu May 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Since the first skill is the one I feel more attached to than the others I'll start with that first.

Well, to be frank, I disagree considering the amount of time it would take to ramp up to that point of power. As of right now, I can point out that six posts to get to that point is too little, especially when other abilities I have take double the amount of time to get to that point, but raising an entire tier at tier 2 should be perfectly okay if it takes a long amount of time to get there. If I'm able to survive in combat for a long time, and someone doesn't end me, they should be punished for it, no exceptions. You are not supposed to play with your food, you're not supposed to just sit there and let them struggle. This is a competitive site where I'd hope that if you don't consider your opponent a credible threat, then your character ends up in real danger.

With the meta being where it is, I'm trying to make someone who ramps up their power over time and can successfully get to that point. While others are able to be at that level normally, I've got to hold out and reach that level. I'm not meaning in the sense of them getting stat boosts, (I don't believe anyone else is trying to get stronger in the same fashion as far as I know)but in the sense of them already having access to plenty of abilities or skills that can beat me while I have to sit there and wait for my opportunity to strike. Everyone's trying to survive, me included, in their own way. Were I focusing on making abilities or synthesized items to try and even everything out that'd be one thing, but with this specific character there are things I'm having to forgo. More likely than not I'll never have a summon, or even a drive form for that matter. I might make something in the future, the possibility will always be there no matter how small, but as it stands I'm a guy with a sword on a long stick with another sword that can take a punch. That's about it. If you wanted to argue about how my abilities are lining up, a silence is all it takes to stop me on that front. A spell that, judging by other abilities, doesn't even cost you that much as far as MP is concerned. Someone can just silence me and then beat me into the ground and I'll be completely powerless to stop it. That's why I've got regeneration in the first place, because I know there are many people on this site that can get around my incredibly simple concept. It will be weeks/months before I even get up enough items to have an option beyond ability stacks, and that's assuming they get auto approved, not even considering the amount of revisions those will go through.

Also, I'm receiving little for the amount of power I've supposedly gained for reaching the next tier. If it remains moderate then it's no different than it's tier one counterpart. I am getting a strength boost sure, but it's at the exact same increase that the endurance is getting. At this point it doesn't really matter to pursue something so little so if you're still firm in your judgment I'll drop this skill and try again at a later character tier.

Unless someone is at t1 strength too I'm not going to be able to compete with them on a physical level with this boost, it's why the tier jump is there in the first place. Would it even matter if I just focused on END? Would it be possible to get a high increase then, or would it just be moderately high? If it's only moderately high I'll still drop this skill.

And to clarify, I'm not focusing on raising all of my physical attributes, just two. Speed and Agility are not a part of that list. I did try in the beginning when I first made the skill tree, but we already discussed that and had it taken care of.. If I wanted to try and raise all of my physical attributes you wouldn't even see this skill until I had hit t4.

What if I were to add DP into the skill? Would that possibly make this seem more considerable? At that point I am actually being forced to sacrifice something that has meaning. If I end up not making anything that costs DP, that at least gives me the option to use the DP instead of letting it sit there being useless.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 pm

You know, after looking through this skill tree, there are a few things I find to be a bit of an issue, the 1st tier of this skill tree included. For example, soul transferal was something I was using because we had no synthesis stat at the time. The skill was to act as a means to have bootleg synthesis on the fly. Now that its a stat this skill is now worthless. Also, I'd like to be able to change things up a bit with a few of the other skills. Spirit Overdrive, as I was originally planning on it to be, will become worthless as I gain SP. Also, half the skills in the next tree are still up for debate anyway.

tl;dr bumping with an edit and re-approval request.
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun May 10, 2015 8:17 am

Your argument that a long fight should be punished is correct. Thirty-six seconds is not a long fight. Most legal fights last upwards of a minute or longer, and in cases of competative gaming tournaments (and we are definitely more of a game) matches can last up to three minutes. That's thirty posts, not six for a normal length match. So, a long fight is what? Five minutes? That's fifty posts. So elaborate for me what long is to you.

You want to be super powered in thirty seconds. If the argument is to end your opponent without drawing it out, then it should be much, MUCH longer. So until we establish the simple subjective fact of length given the information I've presented, we can not continue the approval because we need to reach the same page.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next