MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Darkblade Dueler EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Darkblade Dueler EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Darkblade Dueler EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Darkblade Dueler EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Darkblade Dueler

Go down

Darkblade Dueler Empty Darkblade Dueler

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 am

Base Ability
Headhunter - While someone with the capacity to summon a Keyblade (other than Azmot) is within 100 meters of the user, the Dueler gains a small boost to all statistics. He is able to discern their specific location with a 1 meter margin of error.

Base Ability Cool Down
Passive

Tier One

1st Skill
One Man Show - The Dueler gains a slight increase to agility for each opponent he is fighting.

2nd Skill
Play By Ear - The Dueler gains a slight increase to speed for each opponent he is fighting.

3rd Skill
Fundamental Chord - Attacks with Darkblades do a moderate amount of extra damage.

4th Skill
Black Flat - Once per topic, if a Keyblader (other than Azmot) is within the range of 'Headhunter', the user can increase his maximum MP pool by 50 for the remainder of the topic. The user then gains 50 MP.

5th Skill
Red Sharp - Once per topic, if a Keyblader (other than Azmot) is within the range of 'Headhunter', the user can increase his maximum DP pool by 2 for the remainder of the topic. The user then gains 2 DP.

Tier Two

1st Skill
Poisonous Melody - The user deals moderate additional damage with each strike that accumulates in severity with each attack, as long as at least one attack lands every two (of the user's) posts.

2nd Skill
Rhythm - Each time the user strikes an opponent, he gains a moderate increase to speed and agility. When the user is struck, the Rhythm resets.

3rd Skill
Dark Note - Any Darkblade, as Azmot's lone creation, can be summoned and dispelled to him or to a location that he is aware of or can otherwise see.

4th Skill
Pitch Pitch - Darkblades the user wields or possesses cannot be targeted by spells or abilities.

Tier Three

1st Skill
Surprise Symphony - The user, after contact, releases a wave of dark energy that corrupts the normal flow of magic within an individuals body, making them unable to change their MP pool's current state (gaining, transferring, spending, etc.) for 3 (of their) posts. This ability's cooldown decreases by 1 post each time the Dueler strikes his opponent with a Darkblade. Cooldown: 9 posts.

2nd Skill
Sudden Solo - The user unleashes a strike of horrendous magnitude that deals tremendous damage. Its cooldown decreases by 1 post each time a Darkblade deals damage to an opponent. Cooldown: 20 posts.

3rd Skill
Solemn Sermon - As they have become one with the Darkblade, they also generate a passive fear aura that prevents Keyblades from being called within 30 meters of himself.

Tier Four

1st Skill
Requiem - While wielding a Darkblade, the Dueler gains a moderate-severe increase to speed and agility. If a Keyblader (besides Azmot) is within the 100 meters designated by "Headhunter", he gains a severe increase to speed and agility, in addition.

2nd Skill
Dirge - The user's entire body is so infused with the darkness, any physical contact he makes with his body onto another is treated as if it were from a Darkblade, and an attack. In addition, damage dealt by Darkblades do a severe amount of extra damage. His body, for all intents and purposes, is treated as a Darkblade.

Tier Five

1st Skill
Eulogy - The Dueler has become one with the Darkblade, giving him the ability to release a high-damage impulse on contact. The extra force exerted is highly destructive, tearing through metals and foundations in a single release. This impluse takes no physical appearance, and can be throttled in knockback or damage (or both) at will. A single impulse can knock a person back up to 10 meters, depending on how heavy they are.

Last edited by Astro on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Darkblade Dueler Empty Re: Darkblade Dueler

Post by Game Master Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 am

So you want to subvert the fact that you aren't a Heartless by using your base ability to give you several abilities? These would need to be skills for you if you want to have these traits.

One-Man show will not be allowed as is. While targeted abilities can be subverted, non-targeted abilities can not be be subverted by an ability like this. An ability that requires a target to trigger can not trigger if there is no target. All other abilities that do not require targets can trigger regardless, and would still have an effect upon the character barring eventual elemental immunities or drain effects.

Fundemental Chord will only be able to do moderate damage, without the additional no-risk chance to deal more moderate damage to a specific subset of foe.

Surprise Crescendo turns its opponent's blood into acid? You realize while it would burn them, it wouldn't be able to melt them or do anything permanent until they were KO'd. It would just inflict painful irritation and potentially high damage.

Sudden Solo may deal tremendous damage, but its tremendous relevant to a T3 skill. Which, for a later END Tier, would be something they could shrug off.

No Encore sounds like a Kinetic Reflect.

Given that Piper's time is derived from something specifically for Seekers, I'm not inclined to let you emulate that at any tier.

Eulogy has the same problem as Head Hunter. I can clearly see you trying to be a Heartless. Most of these would just be skills, but I would disallow the immortality effect right off the bat. I would only let you have one ability to increase your passive Heartless manipulation Tier due to the fact that I also allow Skill Trees based on the character concept, not just the elements. However, if I let you emulate Heartless this easily, it makes being a Heartless pointless.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:05 pm

We've already set the precedent that a base ability can change one's physiology with a myriad of traits, and while the post is no longer up, I assumed that Rorschach's 'Lich' skill tree was still valid. The fact that I chose to emulate Heartless didn't seem like a big deal to me, imo.

My Silly Reasoning:

tl:dr - not important, just my train of thought when doing the skill tree.

Honestly, unsure where to go from here, at this point. If you're saying each ability listed in Headhunter and Eulogy will need to be made into it's own skill, and some skills simply aren't allowed, I may just make another Skill Tree for specific Heartless-stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:27 pm

You will need to make a skill tree for the traits designed to emulate a Heartless.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:45 am

Edited in compliance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 am

As T1 skills, both One Man Show and Play By Ear can either give you a moderate increase, or a slight increase per opponent.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Edited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Approved.

Game Master