MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Sparks the Synth Knight EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Sparks the Synth Knight

4 posters

Go down

Sparks the Synth Knight Empty Sparks the Synth Knight

Post by Revas Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Spark Forge: Sparks may create a weapon of any shape or size on the spot with no abilities that is as powerful as standard metal of his synthesis tier. These items spawn from his body. They only last the duration of the topic, and as such do not require slots. Of course, this is because his items are limited to the abilities of the skill tree. Gorion and Revas share ownership with Sparks on these items. At one time, 9 weapons may be generated.
Base Ability Cool Down: Once Per Post

Tier One
Morphing Blade: Sparks can reform the shape of the items he creates using Spark Forge at his leisure.
Shifting Blade: Sparks may teleport his items around him within a 10 meter per tier area. This also enables summoning and desummoning them if they are slotted.
Ability: Pyro: Spark Forge Items receive a slight fire-based damage buff upon creation.
Ability: Scorch: Damage buffs created by other skills and/or abilities (spells or synthesis) linger for 2 posts. I.e. a slight damage buff continues to deal damage for 2 posts.
Feed: Sparks may consume his synthesis item made from Spark Forge to heal himself slightly, while other people's items heal based on quality of the item. I.e. a weapon made by someone with T5 synthesis heals him severely. While a T1 item only heals him slightly. | 4 Posts CD
Item: Grenade: Sparks may create a grenade the size of a baseball which he may determine what kind of detonation method it has on creation between on-impact and timed (up to 6 seconds). Upon detonation, it creates a 3-meter-per-tier explosion that deals slight damage. This counts as one of the items made from the spark forge and its limitations on quantity he can create at one time.

Ignore for now:

Last edited by Revas on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:46 am; edited 7 times in total
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Sparks the Synth Knight Empty Re: Sparks the Synth Knight

Post by Revas Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:27 am

Bump
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Bump
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:13 am

bump
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 pm

You were literally ignored for 3 bumps. I'm the greatest... Anyways...

BA: Needs a small cool down. Don't put anything ridiculous, this is just to prevent from creating a mass of items in one post pretty much. Also, you will not be able to create a weapon in size, that is beyond the scope of what it allowed on the site. Unless you want a repeat of what happened with Ezekiel, you'll remember what I mean.

Pyro: Needs a duration and cool down

Scorch: Unless this is a passive ability, you will also need a cool down on this ability.

Feed: This has to given a cool down. This is essentially a cure and with no cool down on it, you'd be able to heal constantly if you just keep eating the synth items created. Which brings me to another point, I don't think it's even possible to heal based on one's Synth stat. Would I would recommend doing, is that you'd be able to heal a certain amount, depending on the level of Synth created with said weapon. For example, a Tier 5 synth weapon will heal you for severe damage or something like that, upon consumption.

Grenade: I don't know how you'll be doing damage with Synthesis. That doesn't make sense to me, at least in my opinion. It would be better if you actually used a damage modifier for this, because Synth is literally one's knowledge over Synthesis, so unless this was an item Sparks created and in the Synth section, I don't see it scaling with Synth at all. Add a damage modifier, plus a cool down.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:50 pm

I understand, he's of course not gonna make a planet-sized weapon because there'd be no point and of course that isn't the only reason he wouldn't be doing it. I'd just keep it within reasonable boundaries. I also understand and I can't make a stupid argument about "Oh but it says I can do this and that was how it was approved" as a note for others who see this approval.

I would like to state that these are intended to be synthesis items created on the fly. However, unlike a previously done skill tree by another member, they have no abilities and are simple in nature. I.e. a sword or an ax. So the reason why I use synthesis tier is because it's like creating a synthesis item, just running it through the abilities of the tree.

That said, Pyro was meant to be a damage buff added on to all of his items he makes. I'm pretty sure it's self-explanatory that the synthesis tier-based buff is because of damage buffs on synthesis items are limited by synthesis tier (to my knowledge).

I reworded Scorch to make my intention more clear.

Did what you said, added 4 post cooldown. If it's alright, I was gonna make this not limited to just his spark forge items. Is that okay?

Well it requires knowledge to create a quality and potent bomb. Knowing nothing about science doesn't allow you to make atomic bombs, since he's quite literally making a grenade-item. However, at the moment, if that explanation isn't suitable it does slight damage. I changed the range to just scale with his tier

EDIT:

Question for the size, what would be a realistic maximum for someone with t5 strength?
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:02 pm

BA: This will need a quantity limit as well. I will give you a cap of being able to have nine weapons maximum. You will not be able to create anymore, unless those created weapons are destroyed, dismissed, etc.

Quality of weapons are also scaled with character tier AND synthesis tier. Just be mindful of this.

The thing with Pyro, is that if Scorch increases the duration of Pyro or LINGERS, then it is implying Pyro has a duration. That is why I am asking for you to place a duration on it. As for damage modification, it only scales to the tier your skill is at. It's not like MP or DP, meaning that if you have Pyro at T1, the most damage it'll ever do, even on a T5 Synth weapon, is moderate. And another thing, you want to have Synthesis based items, but not have them slotted, yet allow them to have the benefits of full-fledged Synth items. No, I couldn't let that fly, simply because that's just not how it works. If these weapons are going to be temporary, then any buffs you give to them will be temporary. To make a long story short, if you want Pyro to deal more damage, you'll need to slot it at something higher like Tier 3, if you want severe damage.

I had another revision for Feed, so bare with me. Okay, if you want Feed to work on your own weapons, you'll need to put a "health" deposit of sorts on said weapon. Each time you create a weapon, you donate health that you can regain after eating it. However, if you eat another person's weapon that IS a slotted Synth weapon (meaning actually on their character sheet and not a sham/or something akin to what you're doing) then you heal for however much that tier of synth item is worth.

Because detonation type is such a broad and general subject, you will need to limit what form of detonation types you can use for those grenades. Once again, damage scaling based off of a stat like Synthesis just doesn't translate. Synth is literally knowledge of what you're creating, not increasing damage because the stat is this high. Plus, this is a damaging item at Tier 1, so you wouldn't be able to go beyond slight in terms of damage anyways. Now, as I've said before, if these grenades were Synthesis items that you slotted, you could have them do a lot more than just explode for slight damage at higher Synth tiers, because you know more and they're not wasting a skill-slot.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:27 pm

I don't see why they cannot be treated as synthesis items when it has been told to me that we can dedicate slots in partner skill tree to synthesis items. So while a cap on how many items is fine, I still believe that these should be treated as synthesis items due to their nature.

I'm dedicating another slot to giving them abilities, so I feel I should be allowed to tac on passive abilities to simple weapons given they aren't crazy. I don't see why Pyro has to have a duration, I do understand the damage limit. Scorch itself just means when I deal damage to someone, that damage Pyro inflicts which normally doesn't linger does. Normally it would deal damage on-contact instead of continually doing damage and that is what scorch is accomplishing.

I would like to reference a skill tree you approved not long ago this one. He does not state whether or not they occupy a slot nor do you discern that if he does so, it takes a slot. So I am unsure if it is temporary or permanent. I know it stats that it was created out of supernatural energy but what it is made out of shouldn't change the point that another on-the-fly skill-tree is using a t1 skill to apply a passive enchantment.

These do not have the full benefit of synthesis items. The items are basic when created unless stated otherwise. Special items are extensions of the base but given specialized functionality.

For detonation type, I mean impact, timed, etc. At T1 I expect I'll be limited to Impact and Timed, are those two fine?

As for Feed, I don't see why I would have to donate health. I could limit eating spark forge items to slight and other people's items having the normal healing rate. I know you want me to donate health likely because of them being an easy source but at most it'd be 9 weapons made over 9 posts, so I would say it's a rather well-controlled source.
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:57 pm

You dedicate slots to SLOT synthesis items to them. What you're doing is just creating weapons for the end of a topic, but they are completely mundane weapons with nothing special about them, so what you're trying to do I will not allow, because they do not function in the same way as an actual Synthesis Weapon. They are synth weapons, yes, but they are just mere shams to put it in that light.

Pyro: Look at your wording, "May enchant." May enchant means you intend to cast some form of spell or skill, to give a blade an ability. This doesn't denote or take into consideration a passive ability at all, which causes me to rule in a duration. Simple as that.

Once again, your wording fails to convey what you're trying to do. A "damage buff" isn't the same as a "lingering" effect. If I'm reading it wrong, let me know, because I see you want to create a fire damage buff with the skill. What do you mean by that? Do you mean want to deal extra fire damage up to a certain amount AND apply a burn effect onto a person? If so, that is still a no, because you are trying to do two effects at T1.

Hayden's skill is supernatural and doesn't take up slots. In fact, he's limited based on the amount of hands he has free in order to use said weapons. This allows him to tac on passive abilities from past weapons that he's copied, but if you've noticed something, he copies full-fledged Synthesis items. You are creating mundane items with no type of enhancements whatsoever, plus your Pyro skill doesn't even seem like a passive as I've said before, so your argument still doesn't make sense.

Yes I know that, but depending on how specialized the weapons are, you may need to actually slot them.

Those are fine being at T1

With how you've worded your Base Ability, there is nothing stopping you from creating all nine weapons at once. You haven't stated that only 1 weapon can be made in one post. I gave you the one post cool down, plus the cap, so you can't create an excessive amount in one turn. I already know you aren't going to stick to just one weapon per turn.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:44 am

To my knowledge synthesis items do not have to have abilities and the slotting of a weapon without abilities is still possible. I could be wrong, but abilities on a synthesis item are optional.If I am, please tell me. So I didn't think there was anything saying I couldn't state these are counted as synthesis items. However, if the result is that they will not be, does that mean they are not affected by skills and abilities that target synthesis items?

Instead of arguing over wording I can simply change it to giving a damage buff to spark forge items without choice. Since the only reason for a duration and cooldown you've given me is wording, I'm going to change it to "Spark Forge items receive a slight fire-based damage buff".

Scorch is supposed to read as a burn effect. Damage buffs created by other sources, not itself, linger and continue to deal damage like continual burning. I'm just not keeping it exclusive to one element since that's unnecessary it seems.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense even though I'm using different wording. I'm telling you my intention and your issue is my wording. So quite simply I change my wording and follow the conclusion we come to. My argument is that I want my abilities to do X when you say they do Y and I'm trying to make my intention known so instead of continually telling me it doesn't make sense you could just point out that a quick change can resolve the small issue of understanding.

And how do you know I'm going to make more than one a post. Also, the cooldown says once per post. It has said that, so with the clarified limit of 9 at one time and a cooldown of once per post, that means I can only make one per post and have up to 9 at once. No matter how I word my base ability, it is not worded in a way where it says "Disregard cooldown which says how often I can use this"
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:31 am

Revas wrote:Instead of arguing over wording
Revas wrote:Scorch is supposed to read as a burn effect
Revas wrote:I don't see how it doesn't make sense even though I'm using different wording. I'm telling you my intention and your issue is my wording. So quite simply I change my wording and follow the conclusion we come to. My argument is that I want my abilities to do X when you say they do Y and I'm trying to make my intention known so instead of continually telling me it doesn't make sense you could just point out that a quick change can resolve the small issue of understanding.

So, I'm not taking over this approval. However, I am going to interject with a fairly obvious point regarding the above passages.

Since the inception of the website, wording has been important. This has not changed. While intention matters, we ask members and should, in whatever way we feel we can, do our best to attempt to help members word their intentions in a way that best carries out their abilities.

And this is now the problem I have. You were staff, at one point, and you seem to have forgotten this. Wording matters more than intention. The ability functions as it is read to function. If it doesn't make sense, then the ability doesn't make sense. If it says it does something different than you think it should be doing, then it needs to be changed to fit what you want.

Getting frustrated is a natural occurrence, but you have essentially stated that you do not understand that your separately defined intention holds no influence or definition over the current text of the ability. Let me explain frankly: you have to word it in order to have that effect, or those abilities. The more vague, the more general and the more specific, the more specialized. Of course, this is fairly obvious I should think.

Now, and I could be misinterpreting this here: it seems as though you might feel Marigold is being aggressive because of their fixation on a few details and your interpreted neglect of others. Let it be known that staff are also people, and not robots. Just like you have clearly misunderstood something, Marigold too is capable of misunderstanding.

It needs to be calmly sorted out. Marigold is not being aggressive. They are making an attempt to help you get what you want, and they have a different methodology than I do. Better or worse is subjective, but if both sides can only see sass and pedantic arguing over items already defined as important, then I will give Marigold a break and step in.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Iscor Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:09 am

oh man, a website that's primary purpose and focus is on writing and the interpretation of that writing is crucial for interacting properly with others? why would wording ever be important, i wonder
Iscor
Iscor

Back to top Go down

Post by Revas Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:51 am

What I see in multiple approvals is aggression and attitude and snarky comments so when I get offensive, sorry. It's simply a reaction to what offends me. The point was that I can simply change the wording instead of fixating on a few details, but I am quite sick of seeing unnecessary rudeness in approvals. And I'm not saying I don't have to change my skills to match intention, but when I say my intention, instead of disregarding it we can work to change it to fit my intention instead of underpowering myself with some limitation.

I thought I made it clear that I meant to adjust the skill to match my intention, not that I want to use it as is in the way I intend. No, I did not forget I was staff. But I also wasn't rude in my approvals. Also, Iscor, I'd kindly ask if you refrain from posting if you aren't going to be constructive at all.

Approvals aren't supposed to be a battle of wits or something where you jab at the members with smart remarks and that is what I've seen and it frustrates me. I was a bit rude myself, however that was after a frustrating day and that doesn't excuse that by no means.
Revas
Revas

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:59 pm

This will be my last post in this topic, and hopefully afterwards it will get back on track. If these posts prove to be too much of a distraction, then rather than delete them I'll likely have them separated out into their own topic.

Iscor, please refrain from posting in approvals in a non-constructive manner.

To address "aggression, attitude, and snark" in approvals, I will begin with this: ice doesn't melt faster when you place it inside of a cooler full of yet more ice, so responding to somebody whom is acting aggressive in an aggressive manner will not usually facilitate a result that benefits either party. It would be better to attempt to understand the source of the aggression so that it could be addressed, rather than inflame the aggression using the anonymity and safety of the internet. The choice then falls to the Users to properly moderate themselves in this environment both emotionally and logically as to understand that text doesn't convey full communication as well as it should to prevent such things.

I won't go into the whole mess but there is a rather interesting rule of thumb which is currently being studying for full validity that was first written about over four decades ago called the Seven-percent Rule. While there are debates about its validity, the general consensus is that the manner in which a person normally conveys speech, as well as their activities at the time, is more important than what is being said. You can see why this is up for debate, hopefully, but it does pose an interesting reality that words do only make up a portion of any given communication. On the internet, when frustrated, tired, or in some other state of mind that allows for the shifting of more negative aspects of oneself the gaps in communication are filled by projections.

Do I believe this happens often? Probably not as much as the words you speak seem to imply that you do. Then again I've done many, many approvals on site with each member that has passed through the doors, and you have mostly only been in your approvals, which means the aggression you sense comes only from your approvals in most situations I should think. That said, I won't act dismissive of your feelings on the matter. If you truly feel that there is too much aggression, I would like you to make a topic about it, so that it can be addressed. There may be more to the story that you haven't considered, or that I haven't considered, or that others haven't considered. All involved parties may learn something, but if the topic is made then it must be constructive. If it comes from a place of hurt and wanting to be validated, then most things said in counter most likely will be taken as offensive.

But, to revisit the ice metaphor above, perhaps a more valid metaphor would be "fighting fire with fire", a practice that proves to have a much higher failure rate than success, seen fit to be used effectively in only a few situations. In either case, please do make a topic about it. Gather as much evidence as you can or care to, and then present such evidence at your leisure.

Now, I should say that this would be the last off-topic post in this topic, barring a future occurrence. My intention when posting was to clarify the importance of wording. I should also state that while Marigold should help you reword abilities, you are also a reasonably intelligent individual who is capable of understanding what doesn't make sense and coming up with ways to adequately express yourself. So in that regard, this can not be laid solely are Marigold's feet. This is a cumulative effort, requiring active involvement from both parties to see what they want to be fully realized. You must always attempt to be clear with what you want so that others can understand- not just clear enough that you can understand. Gaps in information can create miscommunication. See above, with text being only a small part of a conversation with the rest filled with projections.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Okay, here's how this is going to end. I, personally treat everyone with the same tone and sentence structure, that I am doing to you right now. If a person is not providing any form of sound argument or explanation for what they're going to do, I am going to say they can't do this or that. There is no aggression in my wording at all. I am not calling you names, I am not saying anything to belittle you or your mentality in the slightest. This whole thing seriously turned into a "they're picking on me," topic and I'm not going to let it continue. Much like GM said, if you want to keep complaining about something personal or whatever, take it to another topic so we can address it. It's done being said here. Period.

Now then, I will say if you don't like how I approve things, then kindly ask that someone else do it. As I've said, I treat everyone the same when I approve things and you can look back on past STs that I've done, if you so wish. Regardless, when it comes to me, I simply ask for changes and if you can back up your reasoning for not wanting the change, then I'll relent. I will not, however, sit here and argue with you saying, "well they did it, so then I can too." No, they did it, because they were able to explain it, or make the changes I suggested. That's the difference.

Also, word choice is important. Iscor might have not done it in a constructive manner, but he is correct. Damage Buff =/= Burn Effect. It simply doesn't. May Enchant =/= Passive ability. Do you see what I'm getting at now? These details that you find "unnecessary," are in fact necessary when making a judgement to a skill/tree and seeing how a skill will be worked. That's just how it is.

Lastly, intention from word choice are two different things. You can say you won't do this and that, but if your words on your skills/abilities doesn't say so, then judgement still comes down on it, as it did these past few days. The cap of 9 is meant to limit how many you can create, the once per post is making sure you don't just keep on creating an obscene amount of weapons without there being any stop to it. That did not say you create one weapon per post, it means you can create up to 9 weapons in any one post, but if you choose NOT to create 9, you're waiting another turn until you reach the cap. Get it now?
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down