MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Of Light and Darkness {Open} EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Of Light and Darkness {Open}

2 posters

Go down

Of Light and Darkness {Open} Empty Of Light and Darkness {Open}

Post by Kourage Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Everything was dark. Not just dark as in there was a lack of visibility, although that was certainly true. This Darkness was a force in and of itself. It was frigid, evil, and all-encompassing, everything that would make a child of Light uncomfortable. Being just such a child, Kyra Lightbringer couldn't bear this sort of atmosphere. She could sense it everywhere, the ominous force that seemed to eat away at her. It was like the air itself was a predator, bound and determined to eliminate it's prey, crawling across vast distances as far as the eye could see. Or in this case, as far as the eye couldn't see. Here she was blind, hopeless... utterly alone.

Kyra looked around frantically, her pupils dilating to an enormous size due to the lack of light. Her skin began to glow, illuminating her body, but her surroundings remained cloaked in this awful darkness. She looked down at her hands. Yes, she could see them now. The Light that emanated from within her provided some comfort. The void surrounding her seemed to constrict, as though in an active attempt to extinguish the small warm power.  Although she could see herself now, there was not much else. Everything seemed to be nothing but pure darkness, a great void encompassed all that there was of this world. It was all rather unsettling.

What is this place? Thoughts raced through her head. How did I get here? Why is it so cold... She couldn't remember. She knew that she had been in Radiant Garden, her home. It was night. She must have fallen asleep. So is this a dream then?

She waved her hands in front of her face, stomped her feet, jumped up and down. She even punched herself in the arm. Nothing changed. She pulled at the skin on the back of her hand, pinching it together until it stung. Yep... pain. So this wasn't a dream. The young warrior once again began to look around. There was nobody here. She was alone. Calling for help would be utterly useless.

Still,  not knowing what to do, she called out "Hello? Is anybody out there? Hello!"

There were no replies, no echoes. Only darkness.

"HELLO!"

Hello, Kyra...

The lightweilder jumped slightly, startled by the unexpected words.

So good to see you again...

That voice... it was so familiar. There was something evil about it, but beyond that, there was something that made her want to hug someone. Her fists clenched at her sides. Who was this? What was this feeling? She knew that voice. Also, it apparently knew her. Whoever it was had spoken to her by her name. "Wha.. Who are you?" she stammered through gritted teeth.

Aww...
the voice replied with obviously false sadness. "You don't remember?" Suddenly there was light. It wasn't normal light though, not the kind that Kyra used and loved. This light was pale, dim and cold. Orange and green flames now lined the walls of what appeared to be a circular room, giving off no heat, but only an eerie glow. Before her stood a blonde haired boy, dressed in red and gold with  the exception of a black leather vest. His eyes were different, and there was a mark on his forehead, but she did indeed remember who it was. How could she forget?

"Marcus."
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Of Light and Darkness {Open} Empty Re: Of Light and Darkness {Open}

Post by Veara Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 pm

He had to face his demons eventually and he had feeling they may be located here within this place. Honestly, Veara didn't even understand how his transportation here was possible. Not too long ago he was at the shack with Steven asking the young boy if he'd watch it for rest of the day. There wasn't that much day left so the boy was glad to watch it for the remainder of time. Meanwhile Veara just began to think of a place, he didn't understand why he began to think of a place so bleak he just simply did. A place where there wasn't day or night, there was just black, pitch black darkness. Before Veara knew it, his own magic betrayed him and he was swept away.

Apparently the place he thought of was real, very real indeed.

Now, here he was in a place of eternal night. At least, it seemed to be a place of night. However, Veara was not an easy to scare guy and eternal night or not perhaps there was something good that could come from this place. Besides he could leave whenever he wanted might as well explore a little, right? He whistled loudly while continuing his walk through the darkness. His sensory abilities currently getting use to the dark energy that existed on this plane. "All this place needs is some classic Halloween sounds and it would be the perfect haunted walk attraction for kids." He spoke out loud to himself, chuckling a little while he walked. Though he suddenly stopped walking when he heard someone cry out. 'Hello?' He heard the question semi shouted possibly out into the darkness by another and by the sound of it they may had not been a local.

Perhaps someone needed help?

Not being one to ever deny the possibility of helping another Veara spun on his heel and turned towards the location of the shout. His sensory abilities were still on the fritz, but he was sure(mostly) that they were definitely possibly this way........hopefully. Walking that way soon he began to hear another voice and he saw a bright light in the darkness....usually your not supposed to go towards those, but it couldn't be helped in this case. As he approached, the voices became more clear and defined. It wasn't long until his eyesight could make out the illumination was actually.........a girl...? A girl herself was the illumination and one within his age group....odd...but it could have been far worse. Like turning out to be some type of gigantic monster that attracted victims with light or something like that....IT COULD HAPPEN!

Now that Veara saw who indeed this light was, he deemed it not a threat and for now he decided to call out to the girl being about thirty feet away from her yet still being able to see her ever clearly. "Umm, excuse me little light or rather illuminated woman. Could you perhaps tell me where I currently am, ya see my magic must have gotten confused when I was on my way to another world and now ...well I'm on this one." He spoke trying to sound friendly. He wasn't coming over to hurt and or kill her so might as well not give off that impression. Something told him locals here may or may not be that friendly. Though he currently was just trying to at least figure that out and if the short super bright over there needed help perhaps she'd ask for it...maybe it wasn't wise to refer to her as short.

Though one thing did confuse him...on his way over here he heard two voices and now he only sensed one person......best stay on the toes.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:26 pm

Kyra stood frozen, oblivious to the arrival of the young man. Oblivious to everything. It was as though her mind had shattered, and it was only very slowly putting itself back together. Time seemed to stand still. Nothing moved, save the greenish-orange wall flames. That hair, that face, that voice...

Marcus. Marcus!?! How the heck could it be Marcus!?! Marcus was dead. She had watched him die, trying everything she could to prevent it. It was the most scarring thing that the young warrior had ever experienced. Marcus... my brother... It was him. But it couldn't be. He had known her name, and where to find her. He must have been the one to bring her here... wherever here was. Yet there was no way he could be real. The eyes weren't right, but most of all he didn't feel right. Darkness seemed to flow from him. This wasn't Marcus.

Yet part of her hoped in vain that he was, that somehow this creature before her was her brother, back from the dead and ready to return home with her.  She continued to stare at him, finally registering her surroundings. Marcus  seemed to know that she had come partially to her senses, for it was then that he chose to start speaking.

"I can answer that question for you, young man..."
Young man? Yes, there was someone else there. A boy, slightly older than her. Was he lost in this place as well? Marcus would answer that question too.

"This place, as I'm sure you're wondering too, Kyra, is the Realm of Darkness. My beutiful home! So much better than that hole we used to live in..."

"Marcus, I don't know what you're doing, but leave that guy out f it. Whatever you are..."

"It's me, Kyra."
Marcus chuckled. "Don't you recognize your own brother? And as for you..." He turned to the newcomer. "Your little magic mishap is very unfortunate. You shouldn't meddle in family affairs..."
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:58 pm

'Never a dull day for the wicked.' Was the only thought that came to Veara's mind, and it seemed he indeed would receive no rest for today. When he walked forward he noticed something the light bright girl, wasn't there she was scared, really scared. Why though? What got her so scared that she currently was out of it that bad? Veara at first possibly questioned leaving this place, unforunately that was no longer an option. His pride wouldn't let him leave someone with such a deer in headlights look at least not without trying to help them out a little.

Upon the entrance of the second voice Veara turned to face the voice and apparently it was someone indeed. A boy that seemed to be younger then him. Veara tilted his head in confusion, he wasn't exactly understanding the situation he was currently in. Though this was the realm of darkness. "So this the Realm of Darkness, straight out of the mind of a nightmare of a kid I suppose." He said underneath his breath when all of the sudden the light bright girl said something about leaving guy out of whatever he was doing...well that settled it, definitely couldn't go home now.

Well surprise, surprise.

This was her brother... He wasn't acting like a very good brother and what's more so now he was even threatening Veara. What the heck kind of brother was this? Weren't brothers supposed to look out for their sisters? Either way this Marcus guy did not seem to be happy about Veara's appearance. Looks like whether he liked it or not he was stuck in this scenario might as well help out to the best of his ability.

"Look, Marcus you are right I shouldn't be interefering in family affairs...however from the way things are going it doesn't look like you were planning to sit here and have a heart to heart with your sister. Also Light bright or Kyra I think he called you...yea it was Kyra you don't seem that happy to see you brother so....why don't you two just hug it out...ya know instead of possibly bashing each other's brains...I mean you are family and at the end of the day that's all you got...right?" Veara spoke in his usual cheerful voice and he wasn't comprehending the situation. In his eyes this was a simple brother and sister who maybe needed some help opening up to one another. He didnt know the backstory of these two. All he knew about family is what he was taught. An that was at the end of the all you have left is family an there isn't a single thing that means anything without that.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 pm

"Yeah..."  Kyra hung her head sadly. "All you've got it family..."

Family. She'd had that once. Dad, Mom, and of course Marcus. Now they were all gone. She'd long ago given up hope of finding their parents again. For what seemed like eternity, it had been true that all they had was each other. Then he was taken from her, and now... Now she wanted nothing more than to "hug it out" with her brother, to hold him in her arms again. She wanted to tell him that she loved him, and that everything would be okay. But it wasn't. Nothing about this situation was okay. This place, his words, even his very presence felt evil. She was so confused, lost and helpless. "Marcus, what's gotten into you!?!"

Marcus snapped his fingers, expanding the circle of cold flames to encompass Veara as well as the Lightbringers. A devilish grin spread across his face, a twisted smile that sent shivers down Kyra's spine. "Family," he scoffed. "Yeah, family's all well and good for a while. That is till they run out on you. But you can't blame them of course, no, you're weak. You deserve to be alone."

"You were never alone, Marcus..."

"No, of course not."
Marcus spoke again in a facetiously sweet voice. "Not with you around, Kyra. No, you never left. You never could. You were always fighting for me. Little miss lightweilder, always so good at everything... always so good... Well, I'm not the weak one anymore, Kyra. I don't need some girl fighting my battles!" He laughed again, trowing his arms into the air as dark magic began swirling through his fingers. "You ask what got into me? Darkness! Power! I'm strong now, Kyra. Stronger than you could ever imagine! And now it's time to see how strong you are..."

"What?" What the heck was he talking about. Of course she had fought to protect him. She'd tried everything to save him He was her brother for goodness sake! She had always wanted to be strong, but she had never imagined that he felt this way. This is, if this was really Marcus at all.

"Well Kyra... and whoever you are..." He looked at Veara with some contempt. Suddenly, black, bat-like wings sprouted from his back, repelling him up above their reach. Darkness swirled all around him now, ominous in purpose. "Have anything to say before we get started?"
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Veara didn't understand it, what was up with this Marcus fella? He seemed so full of anger and hate as though that's all he knew, is that what this place did to you? Did it just end up filling you with so much negative emotions, that even the sight of your own blood couldn't do anything positive for you.

The more she tried to push her light towards him, the more he tried to just snuff her out. He didn't understand just what this kids problem was, however he believed perhaps he could smack some sense into this kid. Though the way this girl was trying to reach him....no...no....he couldn't this wasn't his fight.....this girl she had to get through to her brother on her own terms. How that was going to happen he was very unsure...

That's when it happened flames surrounded both himself and Kyra, however they were cold, he didn't understand was this a show of power or simply an illusion. Whatever it was Veara wasn't having it. Though, he was having conflicts within himself. This wasn't his fight...he couldn't fight, I mean he could. However, if he took down Marcus what would that accomplish for Kyra. She'd lose the brother that she is obviously trying to win over to her side. Though currently this kid was just going on tirade and honestly it sounded more or less to Veara that he was jealous of his sister. Perhaps, even wanted to have a chance to defend her at one point in the past. Now it was clearly obvious that he want nothing more than too take her out. Maybe she could reach him? Veara has seen stranger events play out and the possibility of these two reconciling didn't seem that far too him.

When he finally asked them if they had anything to say Veara didn't move from the spot he was standing and he wouldn't move. Breathing in he looked up to this boy and he just wondered, how long had he been in this hell for?

"Marcus." Veara called out to the boy. "This is not my fight. An I won't fight you. With that said though, I refuse to have anyone die from battle under my gaze. I strongly advise you to find another way, is this really how you want to prove yourself, by fighting your blood? You'll get nothing out of this in the long run." Veara called out to the boy knowing his words were useless, but there was always a chance they may mean something, right? "I ask you to look to reason." Were the last words Veara spoke, in all honesty the last thing he wanted was for blood to fight blood. Especially when only one of them was willing.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Marcus scoffed at the man. "Reason..." he chuckled with amusement. "You know nothing of this place, do you boy?" He few higher as he spoke, glaring down with orange eyes at the two young people before him. "Allow me to enlighten you..."

Kyra held her breath, watching her brother circle above. Or rather, this thing that her had become. This horrible force that had made him into that thing, this force that she felt crawling across her and out into the vast expanses of this place he seemed to love so much... it made her sick. Everything felt wrong, like someone had taken the entire world and flipped it on it's side. This Darkness felt so awful, she hated it. Yet the very act of hatred seemed to feed this disgusting power.

How could something so horrible make Marcus so comfortable? Indeed he seemed almost happy here, with that evil smirk on his face. Was this what the desire for power does to a person? No, it couldn't be. Kyra constantly tried to get stronger, and this place certainly brought no such comfort to her. She felt that same dark presence flowing out from her brother that she felt closing in on them. She was barely registering his words.

"This place is Darkness incarnate, the home of the Heartless. You remember the Heartless, Kyra? Those wonderful little creatures who used to rampage happily throughout the city, before Dad killed them of course. It's sad really." He frowned slightly, though he showed no real concern or pity. "Here, Darkness rules all. Darkness is reason, boy. And if you're worried about blood fighting blood, relax. I don't bleed, and neither do most of my friends. Besides, I won't be her opponent."

From the dark portal swirling around his hand, he drew a wooden sword. "You were always so good with these, Kyra." He grinned, throwing the sword down at her feet. Kyra shuddered as she remembered her days of youth, dueling any boy who would dare make fun of Marcus, alienating everyone for his sake. Yet to think of it that way seemed selfish. No, she should have done more. Then maybe they wouldn't be here now. "Let's see how strong you  are, and you boy, well I guess you can try to help... of course, I recommend you hightail it out of here while you still can!"

At that, the shadowy pattern cast on the ground began to move. Small, yellow-eyed creatures sprouted up around her. These she recognized: Heartless. She began to back away, glowing even more intensely now. The shadows reared their heads at this. That light.. they wanted it. They wanted it snuffed out and consumed by the darkness. Soon she found herself with her back to the flames, which while they did not burn, seemed to act as a barrier, trapping them inside with the creatures. Kyra dodged one as it lunged at her, rolling forward toward the sword that still lay on the ground. Marcus hovered high above. Laughing.
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:23 am

Veara looked up towards Marcus with a confused face, what exactly was he talking about? Perhaps, he really didn't know of this place? However, when he told him that he would enlighten him, Veara couldn't help but once again tilt his head in confusion. He began to circle above them, while something didn't feel right in the pit of his stomach. It felt like darkness itself was constantly flowing and fluxing around him. Something within him was accepting this darkness the energy felt familiar. Everything in his body was completely familiar with this power, however it still didn't feel right to him.

Quickly Veara started to shake his head and get back to current reality. When he listened to Marcus talk once again, and the current topic of darkness incarnate. The home of...heartless... What the heck were heartless? Veara was about to ask, however it seemed as though Marcus was currently caught up with the girl. Veara just didn't get it, why in the world would did this guy hate his sister for protecting him when they were younger? Wouldn't someone be grateful of that, why in the world would anyone hate someone for protection? It just didn't make sense! However, he was even more confused when said that blood wouldn't fight blood and that he wasn't going to be Kyra's opponent....then who was?

Marcus insulted the girl once again and he threw a wooden sword on the floor. Veara was getting sick and tired of this constantly insulting her it was clear she was in shock. She wasn't even defending herself against his constant onslaught of words. This kid was definitely taking advantage of the fact that she cared so much for brother. Even now Marcus was insulting both himself and Kyra asking for himself to run and asking Kyra how strong she was....this guy was honestly being a real...

"What the.." Were the only words that came from his mouth when he saw little yellow eyes begin to sprout from the ground and soon they grew bodies. Small solidified darkness bodies, Veara was so busy staring at the these sudden things sprouting up that he didn't even notice the sudden barrier of fire that surrounded them. Kyra was backing up from the creatures, however Veara walked towards it poking it in the face. An the response was... "Ow! You little.." Veara quickly kicked the creature away after it scratched him and jumped backwards seeing more of them begun to rise from the ground.

Okay, so there not friendly...Wait a second. There not friendly! That means he didn't have to hold back! Though he wouldn't go all out, he couldn't. He wouldn't endanger the girl, fighting all out may possibly attract the attention of bigger heartless...if there were bigger ones.

A smile spread across his face, he cracked his fist and ran forward towards the creatures. Sending a roundhouse kick towards the creature he would aim to send them up into the air. Turning around while one jumped at him he sent a straight punch towards its face to send it flying into the air. He jumped backwards towards the barrier now noticing it. An quickly looked over seeing the girl going for the wooden sword. "Does magic work against them!?" He called out to the girl known as Kyra. Perhaps he could use some low level moves on these creatures.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:16 pm

"I think so!" Kyra called out as she rolled forward, grasping the hilt of the sword. She stood to her feet, swinging the blade in front of her. Now that she held it in her hand, it glowed with the same light that her skin gave off. Magic... She remembered magic. Dad had used it all the time. It would work. It had to.

Marcus was right about one thing, she did remember the Heartless. "Vile, disgusting creatures" they had been called, and at the moment she was inclined to agree. The young warrior glared at them. These little dark beasts with beady yellow eyes frustrated her to no end. She knew what they did, how they slaughtered the innocent for no reason other than the Light in their hearts. Part of her hatred was due to her upbringing, of course. From a very young age she had been taught that Light is good, and Darkness is bad. But while this simple teaching had been argued many times, she had grown to find in it her own truth.

To her, Light was good. The element itself seemed to stem from feelings and desires that could only be considered good. The willingness to fight corruption, the desire to protect her friends.... Yet this Darkness seemed only to come from hate. Looking at this horrible incarnation of her brother that it had formed, she knew that no good could come from such a force. Maybe he had strength now, but he had lost something much more important. What was the point of fighting if he had nothing to fight for but himself? She wanted more than anything to talk some sense into him.

The winged boy still circled above them, laughing as the two floor-bound combatants fought off the shadows. "Why do you fight, boy?" he called out, apparently mocking Veara. "These creatures won't bother with you, not with goody-two shoes over there nearby. You have Darkness in you. Why fight your own kind?"

"Back off, Marcus!" Kyra called up at him, smacking another shadow away with the light-coated blade. She didn't know this man who fought by her side, but she knew he wasn't like these creatures. He had been given the choice to run, and yet he hadn't. From all appearances,  he was on her side. Whoever he was, he certainly wasn't "their kind."
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Veara moved forward once again noticing that more and more of these creature began to pop up from the ground. Each one that he punched or kicked was sent flying past the fire barrier and into the sky. Although for some reason there didn't seem to be an end to them. The more that he took down the more that began to come out of the ground. He wasn't getting tired, however he was definitely getting annoyed by their constant arrival. Grabbing one by the back of its neck he slammed down into the ground and continued pounding it into the ground. Suddenly the creature disappeared into turning into smoke. He couldn't believe it his eyes one minute it was in his hands and then the next moment it had turned into smoke and dissipated into the air.

It was then Veara heard the response to his question. So magic did help out against these type of creature's. Though he didn't understand it, aside from the first one that he had touched these creatures seemed to be avoiding him and going straight for the girl. Now Veara wasn't the jealous type, however currently he was the confused type. Why would they avoid him when he was pummeling the creature into a smokey demise. It was then he looked ahead towards the girl, the colors that flowed around her body were extremely bright. While seeing his own colors in the past they were very....dark...was he one of these guys...or did these guys feel as though he was one of them. Quickly he jumped up into the air and landed ontop of another shadow crushing and continually stomping until once again it turned into smoke. Yet still these things past by him as if he was nothing, but still he had to help the girl out.

It was then Veara looked up towards those dark skies to see the boy laughing and apparently he was laughing at him. Veara squinted looking up at him as he spoke and true to his word Veara watched the heartless pass by him and go after girl. It turned out this boy knew the reason why Veara was being ignored and it matched up to the same reason that Veara colors were darker then Kyra's. He had darkness in his heart. So did that automatically make him a bad guy....

Nah!

Veara looked up towards once again grabbing another by the back of its neck and as it were a fastball he chucked the shadow towards the flying boy aiming to hit him right out of the sky. Veara gritted his teeth once, and pointed up towards the guy. "Just because something is dark doesn't mean it's evil buddy!" ....Okay Veara wasn't the best at talking, however fighting was a completely story! Jumping towards the girl he quickly stomped on another heartless that was coming up behind her and stomping it out into a smokey ascension.

"I'll cover behind you! Just focus on in front of you. Nothing is gonna get by me!" Veara quickly shouted towards Kyra in a loud voice. Summoning his set of Boulder gloves to his hand he smashed them on the ground shaking the immediate land and quickly began to go work. He punched towards the first one, and continually kept punching and crushing them in between the large boulders. Quickly he continued making sure he had enough space between him and Kyra so he wouldn't accidentally hit her. That would definitely be bad. He continued his onslaught on them while he thought about the words of Marcus.

The darkness in his heart.

That didn't have to prevent him from being good.

Nothing would.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Kyra nodded, facing away from her new ally as she swung the wooden blade in front of her. "Thanks." So this force that flowed from the boy's hands was magic? It had been forever since she'd seen it used. Such a powerful force... As soon as she got out of here, she'd have to start training. If Marcus wanted to prove how weak she was, there was no way she was going to give him the satisfaction. Besides, she'd always wanted to be strong. Even if she didn't have anyone to defend at the moment, she knew it wouldn't be long before there was someone who needed her help.

The trail of light that stemmed from her sword flashed from one tiny dark creature to another. They were tiny and weak, hardly a challenge to her and her comrade. Marcus stared down at them, seemingly amused by the whole situation. "So you really think you can win?"  He chuckled again. That chuckle of his was starting to get really annoying. "You do realize that there's no way out of this..."

"Shut it, Marcus!" Kyra growled again. The constant movement of battle prevented her from eloquent speech.

"You shut it!" came the almost childish reply. Perhaps her little brother was still in their somewhere. He had always been a spirited child, even in his bed-ridden years. Was it still the same boy? No, she couldn't let herself think like that. He was one of these creatures now, a Heartless. There had to be some way to help him. And once she got out of here, she would find it at any cost. Of course, that involved finding a way out of this wretched place.

The shadows were increasing in number now. They seemed hungry, eager to consume everything in their path. What was worse, there were some variety to them. The young lightweilder swung again, this time beating back a yellow-eyed beast with blue armor. Another of the creatures, this one airborne, sent of balls of flame in their direction. It seemed  that her ally wasn't the only one who could use magic. "Hey," she called out to the man behind her. "Any idea how to get out of here?"
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:05 pm

The fact that these creatures were still coming from behind honestly confused Veara. How could they honestly continue to keep spawning over and over again. The more that he continued to take out, for some reason the same amount kept spawning out of the ground, frankly he wasn't sure if they were even spawning from the ground. Was there a level underneath the ground that they were coming out of or something. Though on the outside he was currently on complete instinct mode, everything that tried to get past him he continued to smash the cretins underneath the weight of the boulders. One thing was noticeable though, the shadows that started out small were starting to get larger and some were launching attacks from far away.

It seemed as though there was much more to these creatures then he had initially thought. It was now obvious that these shadows indeed did have different variations...though Veara had to wonder, how many different types of shadows existed. Speaking of shadows, Veara couldn't help but notice to hear Marcus speak once again. Apparently there was no way out of this and what they were doing was completely futile....of course it was...fighting back was always futile in some shape or form. Though Veara honestly stopped for a second, for a moment at least a moment listening to the conversation between the two they sounded like siblings...bickering siblings. Yet, more then likely you would hear a brother and sister arguing rather then conversing regularly. He didn't stop his brutal assault on the creatures trying to get to the girl from behind, though that moment the two of them just shared. Perhaps later on in the future there was hope for this guy, however currently he had to figure out something. He wasn't worried about himself, however he didn't know how long the girl would last and he didn't want to try to be a 'mr hot shot hero' he was just trying to be ensure that girl doesn't lose her life to a brother that may have been consumed by something else entirely..

When she finally asked him the question he had been think about he tried to whisper to the girl as quiet as possible with her still being able to easily hear what he was saying.."Listen I have a move that is very...powerful and can blast these guys away..however before I use it, I'll need you to get on my back and wrap your arms around me to ensure your safety....I know sounds weird and shady, but trust me when I say you'll need too...also if I use it...I can't promise the safety of your brother.... Once there gone I'll be able to get us out of here, however it's up too you." Veara quickly spoke to her then focused once agin on crushing the shadows and sending the larger ones further and further backwards. He began to concentrate his energy while the gravity around them began to flux, he was getting ready to fire it just in case she did agree...and if she didn't perhaps she could figure out another move..or something perhaps he could jump them out of there or something.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Fri May 15, 2015 8:55 pm

"Um..." Kyra hesitated for a moment. It did seem like a rather strange request. Could she trust this guy? She had just met him, after all. And she could feel the darkness coming from him... Yet somehow it didn't seem threatening. True, she didn't know him, but she knew that he had stayed to help her, even when Marcus had given him the chance to run away.  Besides, why would he say that he knew it sounded shady if he intended to do something. The very fact that he fought beside her now was enough proof that he meant her no harm.This guy, she could probably trust.

Still, there was the problem of Marcus. Heartless or not, she didn't know if she could bring herself to do something to hurt him. He was her little brother, and despite the wings and the change in eye color, she couldn't help seeing him as such. Her whole life, she'd done her best to protect him from harm. Putting him in danger now seemed impossible. She thought about what he had said, about her fighting is battles all the time. Fact was, he had been incapable of fighting at all. Constantly sick, always weak. She could almost see how he had turned out like this. She understood the hatred of weakness, for she had always had it within herself. She despised her own shortcomings. so why had she thought Marcus would not feel the same about his? Yet she couldn't have abstained from protecting him. He was family, and she loved him with all of her heart. How could she risk hurting him again.

But then, could she except that the creature circling over their heads was really her brother? She dreaded that answer, yet part of her wished that it were true. That he was still alive, just misguided. Bu no, this was a being of darkness, a thing devoid of the light that had filled the sickly boy she had always known. He may have been physically weak, but his heart had always been strong. Too strong to let this happen. It's not him...

"Okay, let's do it." She struck back the nearest enemies before dropping the wooden sword to the ground and turning, ready to wrap her arms around her new-found compatriot.
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sat May 16, 2015 11:26 am

The moment Veara was given the okay both of the Boulder gloves disappeared from his hands. Quickly he lifted up his right leg doing a straight forward kick at one of the shadows that came towards them and once again the shadow went flying backwards. Standing straight upwards he felt the girl wrap her arms around him, quickly he put his arm behind him just for extra assurance that she wouldn't go flying the moment he activated the skill.

Planting his feet firmly within the ground, Veara truth be told knew that they would be blown away and they could escape that was pretty much fact ...however he also knew he was about to do a complete reshaping of the land around him. Which seemed to be alright considering the only things that lived here was those creatures.

Either way it didn't matter they were currently getting crowded and he needed to activate the skill now.

The ground began to crack and burst vividly underneath Veara's feet. The gravity within the immediate vicinity began to crack and the sound of power charging within Veara could be audibly heard. The green iris within his eyes disappeared leaving only a bright white in their stead. The ground began to burst and move erratically until finally the skill activated.

Veara brought his free arm up and by simply straightening out his arm and holding his palm up. Energy, not just any type of energy, but space energy. All at once automatically began to flow forth from Veara's using all his strength he held the girl as close as he could to his back. The shadows within their immediate vicinity were destroyed, automatically by the energy. The energy continued to spread further and further. In every direction including down. Quickly both of them would travel downwards while the energy still traveled every which way blasting and pushing back anything that dare to stand within its path. It continued further and further not allowing anything within its path to stand up to it.

Until finally the skill had traveled it's course.

When Veara's green iris returned to his face he was standing within the center of a gigantic crater. Stretching half a mile each and every way.

Veara whistled to himself seeing no sight of the enemy within their area and he seemed as though she was still wrapped around him. "That went better then I expected, ready to port out of here?" He asked her while thinking about another world getting ready to teleport them out of there.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Kyra clung to the man as the world around them began to shake. She watched in awe as the Heartless around them were blown back and destroyed. The ground shook as it split beneath them, and the young warrior tightened her grip. Such enormous power... She felt the man's arm around her back, apparently making sure she was securely in place. It was comforting to know that he was on her side.

But where was Marcus? Despite all that had happened, a large part of her was still concerned for his well-being. Moments before he had been circling above them, but now he was nowhere to be seen. Had he been disintegrated by the blast? Or worse yet, had he escaped to call for backup? Or worse yet... She cursed herself inside for thinking those words. It showed a part of her that she had tried to eliminate from existence, her pride. It was the kind of selfishness that would cause her to lose everything she fought for, the kind that could make her wish that her own brother be destroyed if it would save her life. While she had been able, at least in part, to convince herself  that the Heartless they had encountered was not Marcus, the guilt she felt was incredibly real. Brother or not, she had just found herself wishing death upon another being. Kyra shook her head, trying to clear those dark thoughts from her mind.

By this point, the trembling of the space around them had subsided. The two combatants were left standing in a crater, filled only by the darkness that seemed to fill every crevice of this place. The shock of the situation caused her skin to glow brighter now, wisps of light flying off of her and vanishing into the air. This was beneficial, seeing as it was once again her only source of light. The dim barrier of flames that had enclosed the battle seemed to have disappeared with Marcus. Beyond where the walls of magic had been, yellow spots glared curiously. Still shaken, it took Kyra a second to realize the source of this yellow blinking: they were eyes. Thousands upon thousands of beady Heartless eyes. They seemed hesitant but greedy, as though the disappearance of the barrier had surprised them. From what she remembered  of her father's studies, as well as the previous battle, these creatures were attracted to the light in people's hearts.

Climbing down from the man's back, she glanced down at her hand, still radiating with her heart element. It wouldn't be long before hunger overcame the hesitation of the yellow-eyed beasts. "Yeah, we'd best get out of here... fast."
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 am

Veara looked all around him in the darkness and within their immediate range there were no longer no more hostiles. He smiled at this and more so he currently looked down at the girl who had climbed down from his back and she was currently was glowing much more brightly then she initially was and she lit up more of the area then what was first lit up allowing to see a little more of the crater he just created. Veara sighed and was glad that was taken care of however currently he was worried about something that was much more important then hostiles. Looking down at the girl he currently wondered what her mental state was ...she had given him the okay to activate the skill...

Though still he wasn't proud of the fact that he may had taken out her brother, they currently had much bigger things to worry about. Currently surrounding both of them looked what somewhat akin to fireflies. Though upon further analysis Veara realized that those were no where near even close to fireflies.

So currently Veara realized and even she did that this place was about to become a warzone in the dark if they didn't get out of there. "We're heading to Radiant Garden's this is going to feel very weird when you first travel via my way of transporting." Giving her a warning to prepare herself he thought of the place and upon immediate thought placement both him and Kourage had disappeared on a molecular and were were traveling faster then the speed of light away from that hostile place.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Kyra nodded, closing her eyes as the two of them dematerialized. It was a strange feeling, being pulled through space at such a rapid rate. This sort of power was possibly even more impressive than the one that had cleared their path a few moments before. While the latter was certainly more powerful, it had been just a single release of raw power... this sort of transport required control. At this speed, navigation seemed near impossible. Yet somehow this guy could handle it, of that she was certain.

Within seconds she felt solid ground beneath her feet again. The young warrior tensed her muscles moving her hand out in front of her.  Everything seemed entirely intact, save for a few scrapes and bruises she'd received during the battle. She then turned her attention to her surroundings. Everything was so familiar, c comforting change from that horrible world of darkness. The glistening streets,  bright blue sky, even the ominous castle standing off in the distance filled her with a sense of joy. She was home.

Now to figure out what exactly was going on with all of that... She turned to her newfound friend, the man who had brought her home. "Thank you, sir" She smiled. "I'm Kyra Lightbringer, by the way, although I guess you heard that from my brother..." She looked down for a moment, still shaken for the event that had just occurred. "Or whatever that was... Anyway, thanks so much for helping me back there!"
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sat May 23, 2015 2:31 pm

When Veara finally rematerialized them for a moment he felt a little woozy. Opening his eyes his head felt a little odd, which was very strange considering he never had a problem in the past when he was using those moves and he's never had a problem navigating through the vacuum that was space. So why in the world was he this lightheaded...it might have been that place...that place messed with his inner powers big time. An currently he took two steps and wobbled about to fall down. Taking a knee he looked over at the girl who was now known as Kyra Lightbringer, with that type of name it was obvious and he already seen the her glow like a bright light so it was indeed obvious that she was indeed apart of the light element so maybe that protected her from the harsh atmosphere of the place.

"I apologize for that, what went down at that place and the atmosphere itself messed with me....Kyra Lightbringer...my name is Veara and I'm glad to see that you are alright...though I have to ask how'd you end up there.. and your brother...do you think that you'll see him again?"

Veara asked the girl getting back on his feet and slowly his woozy feeling was going away and his entire body was feeling as though it was becoming a solid once again. Looking over at the girl he was actually able to see her now rather then just see brightness in a place that was completely and pitch black. This girl was still a young one, younger then him definitely, why was she in that terrible place.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:52 am

"Nice to meet you, Veara!" Kyra smiled, kneeling beside him to make sure he was okay. "Unfortunately, I can't help much with your questions. I'm not sure what that place was... or how I got there. Marcus brought me there, I guess. I just sort of woke up and everything was dark." She shivered for a moment. "That place really gives me the creeps..."

As for the question of whether or not she'd see him again, she honestly wasn't sure. Actually, she was still confused about the whole situation. "Marcus..." she began to attempt an explanation. "He's supposed to be dead. Or at least, he was dead. That thing we were fighting... well, I'm not really sure what it is. Probably a Heartless. Y'know, like those other guys he sent at us, but bigger. And more human. I don't know if it's really him, or just some creature that looks like him. Whatever he is, there's a whole lot of darkness in him." She paused for a moment. "I can generally sense these things."

Come to think of it, Marcus must have tracked her down in order to take her to that awful place... what had he called it again? For one thing, he had called it home, which disturbed her more than anything. This place she was standing now, this place of comfort and Light: this was their home. She looked up at the buildings around her. Everything felt so familiar. She wished he were here beside her at this moment, that she could point to the buildings, the sun, the mysterious castle out in the distance... point to them and somehow make him remember that this was where he belonged. He'd tracked her here once, perhaps he would come again. Of course, she realized a moment exactly what that would entail. It would only lead to another fight.

"He'll be back." she decided aloud. But when he was, she'd find a way to help him. Realizing that she'd been staring off into space, she turned back to Veara. "Thank you again for your help."
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Veara looked down at the girl and while she spoke Veara simply nodded to her words. The boy simply listened to her words and while he did he couldn't help, but see that her explanation was a little off..did her brother...or possibly whatever was posing as her brother kidnap her and take her to that place..honestly just that thought alone was enough to make Veara possibly put this Marcus fellow on his subdue upon sight list. Why in the world would anyone kidnap someone and take them to that place...of all places why that place. Veara hadn't been there for very long but honestly that place messed with his head and made him think strange thoughts. He honestly had to wonder, if Kyra ended up dealing with any of the negative thoughts that place made him feel. Though at the end he decided it best if perhaps he kept that too himself.

Though she went onto explain that Marcus was supposed to be dead and with Veara's knowledge upon dead people he knew that dead people didn't get back up, they usually stayed dead. Though when she mentioned heartless Veara honestly stopped and looked over at her with confusion. Heartless, is that what those creatures of complete blackness were called? She thought that it was a possibility that her brother could have been one of them...could humans really turn into those little black creatures that he was crushing...were all of those things once human?

Shaking his head free of that thought Veara looked over at Kyra when she casually mentioned her ability to feel things that were loaded with dark energy. For a moment, Veara felt a little worried, especially remembering the fact that he was told when he was younger he was pretty much a battery of dark energy.

Though for a moment when Veara looked down at Kyra she was simply...sitting there staring at the castle in the distance...did she live there or something?

Though after a moment or so she stopped and shook her head simply reassuring herself that her brother would be back. Honestly if nothing else this girl was one of the most positive people he had ever met in quite awhile. When she thanked Veara again he just simply nodded and smiled at her. "Don't worry about it, helping people is what I do! So what will you do now? It seems I got lucky and this is your home world. An we don't have to worry about you being on the wrong world." Veara spoke chuckling slightly glad he got the world correct. Though he didn't want to exactly let her go off on her own yet...I mean they were just in that whole evil figure tries to drown you in darkness and kill you situation.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm

"Well..." Kyra said, pausing at the question of where she would go from here. "Marcus is still out there somewhere, I think. Unless that attack destroyed him..." It was a possibility, she supposed, although she seriously doubted that had happened. She'd felt the amount of dark power that came from him, even while surrounded by that horrid realm. It had been a powerful blow, but it was difficult to imagine that. She'd said he'll b back, and she stood by that conclusion. "I'll have to find a way to help him. He is my brother after all. Well, at least he's part of him."

Heartless were such complicated creatures. Kyra remembered sitting at her father's feet, listening to warning of the all-consuming darkness that plagued the hearts of man. That darkness was a part of them though. What eventually became such a powerful Heartless had always been part of her brother. The thought that she too held that potential filled her with terror. Yet this fact also gave her hope. If part of him remained, even such an evil part, perhaps the rest of him could be restored. She didn't know how, but she'd figure it out. She'd get him back. Somehow...

"His heart is messed up right now, for lack of better terms. I can't blame him for what he's doing. I know he'll be back though. If he went through all the trouble of kidnapping me the first time, he's pretty much guaranteed to try again. I guess I just gotta be ready for him." She shrugged. She didn't know how she was going to do it, or even where to start, but the grim on her face showed an underlying confidence. Marcus needed her help, and in that case, she'd find a way. It was the only possibility. "So what about you?" She asked, realizing how self-centered she was being. After all, since they'd gotten back, all she had talked about was herself and her own problems. "Where do you go from here?"
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down