MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open)

+3
Tsumiko
Laiya
Veara
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) Empty To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open)

Post by Amelia Stiers Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Traverse Town? Amelia has never heard of a town such as that. Granted, she has never really left the village of Bron due to family matters and similar circumstances, but the call for adventure has always been close to her heart.

As she walked through the cobblestone streets, she looked about. Unfamiliar sights were everywhere, and though she was frightened at the prospect of being lost, excitement still went through her veins. From what she saw, the town was simple, but there was still magic in all its simplest forms around every corner. Not as exquisite as Vadicus, the magic capital of her home, but charming nonetheless.

Before her, she saw a small building made of wood with a sign that read “Shop” lit up by some sort of luminescent magic or alchemy. She approached it, but before her hand could reach the door, the hairs on the back of her neck raised up. Someone, or something, was behind her.

She turned around, “Who goes there?

She took in a deep breath as she saw a small being, seemingly made of pure darkness, save its beady yellow eyes. She held her breath, perhaps it has yet to detect her. Her faith was misplaced, however, as the being looked up straight at her. She grimaced, the being raised up its claws and rapidly made its way to her.

Amelia had no weapon on her, and her only armor was ragged cloth. So she raised up her fists, “Fine, you wish to fight me? Then have at thee, coward!

Her brave words masked her uncertainty. This being, it looked strangely familiar. She did not remember seeing such a thing back at her home, but she could not think of any other possible instance. She pulled her fist back, ready to lay it upon the charging beast with a fearsome cry.

Halt, shadowling!

Both the beast and Amelia paused, looking up towards a man dressed in brass armor, a large white shield in one hand and a steel mace in the other. His blue eyes were brave, complimenting his short blonde hair. He stood tall, although physically he rather short.

He pointed his mace toward the shadowling, “Step away from that maiden, your kind has preyed upon the innocent here for long enough."

These are a certain amount of ways that could describe the events that have unfolded so far. Yet to Amelia, there was one thought to describe it best, What?

Surely enough, though, the shadowling did turn away and made its way toward the newcomer. Its claws ready to attack.

He let out a short laugh, “So, now it is I you wish to fight? Very well.

The being leapt up, if it had a mouth it would surely roar.

The man gave a small smile, raising his mace high above, “Yet you are but a shadowling. There will be no mercy here. By my oath to lady Luzana, you are nothing but filth. Your very presence stains the worlds on which you step. I carry a light that cleanses, and with this light I SMITE THEE!

A bright light coated his mace before he slammed it down on the shadowling’s head. A holy fire engulfed it, setting it ablaze with blinding light. With small shrill cries, it finally disintegrated leaving behind nothing but an odd pink heart that vanished not two seconds after.

Both Amelia and the strange man breathed heavily, the former mulling the words the latter just said.

Are you well?

Amelia snapped out of her thoughts, “Huh?

The man stepped toward her, attached his mace to his belt, and offered his hand, “I asked if you were well.

Oh, yes, I’m fine,” she said as she accepted his hand, letting him pull her up.

She brushed herself off, letting her thoughts fade.

I have not seen your face around here. Are you another new arrival?

She stopped, his words striking her, “Another?

He gave a grim nod, “Yes indeed. Those whose worlds are befallen into darkness are sent here. Not all make it, though. Most are killed by creatures such as that you met.

Silence fell between them, letting the words sink in.

I am Agathon.

Amelia looked up, “Hm?

Agathon,” he repeated., “Agathon Martialus.

Oh, his name.

Amelia Stiers,” she replied.

Agathon’s eyes went wide, “Stiers? Of Bron, Stiers?

Yes,” she said, “you recognize the name?

He sighed, “I’m afraid so. If you are indeed from home, then…

Amelia grimaced, “-Then we have no time to waste.

Agathon turned to face Amelia, “Right.

From his belt, he pulled a sheathed longsword, “Can you wield a blade?

Amelia took the blade, unsheathing and flourishing it. The steel was finer than any she has ever laid eyes on and the hilt fit perfectly in her hands.

I will accept that as a ‘yes,’” he said before turning away.

So,” she said, “what now?

There’s a safe house in the next district,” he responded, “we’ll go there and discuss our next plan of action. In the meantime, keep your blade ready. There is no telling who or what will show up next.”

Amelia nodded, walking aside Agathon as they made their way toward the doorway to the Second District.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) Empty Re: To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open)

Post by Marigold Darkson Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 pm

The Lancelot touched down onto the world of Traverse Town. The grand gates to the area swung open and those who were curious enough to look, were introduced to three figures that emerged from it. Marigold walked forward and just a few steps behind her, were Ysl'Dae and Schwartz. Marigold had come to the world out of pure curiosity and wondered what sort of people lived in the world. She took a look around the place and noticed that it was night time. The town itself was particularly dreary looking, but had interesting buildings all-throughout. Mari had stopped in the middle of the town square, a hand on her chin as she looked around the place and wondered where it was she wanted to go next.

"Shall we split up?" Marigold asked her two guardians. Both Schwartz and Ysl'Dae exchanged glances at each other, before turned back towards their queen. They nodded to her and came to stand side-by side with her.

"I'll pass through the area with the item shop closest to it, then take the alleyway into what appears to be another district." Ysl'Dae confirmed and walked off with a brisk pace. She already knew that along the way, she'd question the people of where they were and what it was that the town had to offer. When Ysl had left, Schwartz turned towards Marigold, then pointed in the direction to their left.

"Guess, I'll take this way to whatever the hell it leads. Looks like another section of the town and probably a hotel area? I'm not too sure. Either way, I'll be back." Schwartz said and quickly leaped onto the wall of the nearest building and scaled it up to its rooftop. From there, she began to use silent and quick steps to traverse the rooftops, into the next area. Much like Ysl'Dae's mission, Schwartz was looking for what sort of people thrived in the other area and if necessary, find out what sort of creatures flocked the place. Not only that, but she was also looking for potential building operations that could be undertook.

Marigold herself, now alone, decided to check out the town square itself. What first caught the queen's eyes was a coffee shop. The woman had a particular taste for coffee and decided to head towards it. She entered the shop and bought herself a cup of roasted black coffee. She sniffed the bitter aroma and sighed out in respite. The woman didn't want to miss any action, should it come her way, so she decided to sit outside and do some people watching. The pale beauty sat at a table in the midst of some other people who were talking, to better blend in with the rest of the mood.

"Let's see what sort of toys lie around in this toy chest, shall we?" She chuckled lightly to herself and brought the cup up to her lips. Marigold took a slow drink and when the hot beverage warmed her very soul, she sighed once more and placed the cup down. The rim where she placed her lips had a lipstick mark on it.

((Hope I'm not lacking at all with this post.))
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open) Empty Re: To Bring Light to Where It Is Not Welcome (Open)

Post by Veara Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Veara stood atop the gizmo building looking over the second district. He took a great deep breath of the fresh night air and once more surveyed the second district. It seemed peaceful enough, however at the center of the district there seemed to be shadows arising. A 'tch' of annoyance came from Veara while he ruffled his horned hoodie. "Are you kidding me!" He screamed out annoyed by the shadows determination to not give up."I don't understand, every time, EVERY single TIME, I smash you're heads into the ground you guys just keep coming back as if nothing happened." Veara using his Cardinal direction shift walked down from the top of the gizmo building. He walked with a huff and puff in his step each step he took more deliberately smashing his feet into the side of the wall. "I just don't get, why you guys keep coming back! You lose. You guys should be chimney soot at this point!" Veara talked to the shadow's while he walked down the side of the wall. He finally touched the ground and he stamped his foot annoyed with the shadows.

Now Veara was a man who usually had much patience, however these shadows he had been here for the past hour taking these things out. The first thing he did was punch them and after they turned into smoke. When the shadows arose once again he used the Boulder gloves and smashed them into a smokey demise. Apparently not even that wasn't good enough because guess who showed up once again? THE SHADOWS! At that point Veara just started taking them out creatively, and by creatively he just started kicking them as hard as he possibly could. Once again they appeared and Veara ended up banging his head on the gizmo wall out of frustration. Once again he defeated them this time only using his headbutts and for awhile they didn't appear at all. It was at this point he went up to the top of the gizmo building and that's where we had started his current story.

Now here he was tired and annoyed and having a whole bunch of shadows coming from in front of him to attack. It was at this point Veara decided, it was time for magic. Yea most of his moves were destructive....but, SCREW IT! He couldn't take it anymore! Veara's eyes turned to pure white, and suddenly the sound of energy powering up could be heard. Opening his mouth as wide as he could for the projectile attack, he aimed straight towards the shadows on the street. A second later a gigantic thunderbolt came rocketing out of his mouth striking each shadow in front of them and quickly disintegrating them into smoke.

After a moment or so Veara's eyes turned back into their regular shape and fashion and he closed his mouth looking around. Apparently he had left a large skid mark on the second district ground. Although when he looked around they were gone. He held onto his hood, biting his nails for a second. Although after a couple moments when they didn't appear, a large smile appeared on his face and the boy started to smile. "YES! THEY ARE GONE! WOOHOOOOOOO!" The boy jumped into air and did a backflip and start dancing like a spaz in the middle of the second district, he didn't hear when other people came into the district through the main door or the fact that his space sensory picked up two different people. He couldn't care less and continued to dance so happy that those annoying little shadows were finally GONE!

Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 pm

The doorway to the Second District groaned open as Agathon and Amelia pushed both sides open, stepping through once they could fit. The two of wearily walked down the road, Amelia’s eyes drawn to the elevated castle-shaped building to the right.

Is that-?

-No,” he replied abruptly, “trust me, we do not want to go there just yet.

Amelia shrugged as they kept walking. They only stopped when the door behind them slammed shut with a resounding boom. Agathon and Amelia turned toward each other, exchanging nods as they both readied their weapons and faced their backs towards each other. Just moments later, several shadowlings grew from the ground, their golden beady eyes focused on the two heroes.

As the shadowlings began to approach the two, Agathon turned slightly toward Amelia, “Are you ready?

Amelia shifted her eyes toward him before putting her attention back on the beings before her, “Of course,” she replied with grit teeth.

Then by Luzana’s name,” he said, “let our light prevail!”

The two of them charged outward, Amelia letting out a mighty cry before driving her blade through one of the beings then sweeping it into one its comrades.

Heretics! Blasphemers,” she heard Agathon yell out behind her, “thou art the foulest of beings! You deny the light of the great goddess, Luzana! You blot out Her goodness! No more, I say! Thou shalt no longer defy Her guidance and deny the guidance of those seeking it!

Amelia gave a small laugh before beginning a battle cry of her own, “You heard him! You all are nothing but cowards! Hounding on defenseless people, taking their lives! Well, you’ve met your match, and now you will meet your end by my blade! Say your prayers, for you will be meeting your maker soon enough!

The two of them laughed together as the shadowlings soon diminished. Once the street was clear, the two of them approached each other, laughing between heavy breaths.

Very...impressive I must say,” Agathon said as he sat down in the middle of the street.

Same to you,” she replied, sitting next to him.

The two of them rested, catching their breath.

So,” Amelia said, breaking the silence, “where’s this safe house?

Agathon gave one more heavy breath, “Down this street and to the left,” he said, pointing outward, "it's a building named 'Hotel,' you cannot miss it."

Amelia groaned as she stood up, stretch her back, “Well, I suppose we should make our way.

Agathon nodded, his brass armor clanking as he stood up, “Right.

As they both turned to continue their journey, Agathon stopped again, his eyes narrow.

Wait,” he said, raising his mace and shield.

Amelia noted his caution, readying her blade in both hands.

Keep wary,” he whispered, "we are not alone…

Right you are, paladin.”

The voice spoke from nowhere, but a doorway of shadow soon grew on the balcony above them.

I must admit, you and the girl were admirable,” the voice spoke again, “yet defeating mere Heartless is not a feat to brag that much about.

A slender male figure emerged from the portal, his skin a deep purple-blue with blood red eyes and elongated ears that stretch outward and upward, pointed at the ends. He wore undecorated black robes that covered him from his shoulders down to his feet.

Agathon glared up at the newcomer, “I should have known an Arokin was behind this. You dark worshiping fiend, I will bring thee justice!

Arokin, more commonly known as the dark elves. Not much are known about these fiendish versions of the land-dwelling kind due to their xenophobic nature, yet it is known that they dwell within the Dark Plains, the land where the ancient draconic tyrant Sharthenax was banished.

The Arokin replied with a laugh, “Oh, you paladins are so adorable. Especially the likes of you. Yet I wouldn’t speak so soon, you have yet to meet my company.

Amelia grit her teeth as the dark elf stepped aside and away from the portal. Her and Agathon bent their knees, readying for whatever stepped out.

May I introduce Nev’Thagar?

The sound of crunching stone jolted Amelia’s ears as a towering reptilian figure stepped out of the portal. Its yellow scales glistened as it looked down at the two, the portal vanishing from behind him.

By Luzana’s light,” Agathon gasped out, “a wyrmblood.

Wyrmblood, the even further descendants of the ancient dragons. Though they lacked the size and wings of the ancestral dragons and even further than that of the ancient dragons, they were still intimidating enough and Nev’Thagar was present proof of that. His maw stretched out, a dipped beak at the end and glistening pointed fangs decorating the way there. A leather strap stretched across his bare chest, exposing his sheer strength.

The arokin laughed as he stepped next to the wyrmblood, “You see, young ones, that fight you just scrambled out, that was nothing. Yet then again, neither will-

He was interrupted by a loud screeching roar coming from the next district, diverting everyone’s attention.
Well then,” the dark elf said, “it seems that I’m needed elsewhere.

He turned away from Nev’Thagar, conjuring another portal, “It’s a shame I have to leave like this. I would have enjoyed killing another follower of Luzana, but I have my priorities.” Before he vanished through the darkness, he turned toward the wyrmblood, “Kill them.

The black portal slipped away and Amelia and Agathon were left facing face to face with Nev’Thagar. The wyrmblood grinned before he reached toward his back, pulling out a massive steel axe, its handle as tall as Amelia and its head larger than her own. The wyrmblood leaped from the balcony, landing with a crunch in front of the two and let out a mighty roar as he held up his axe ready to strike.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Ysl'Dae had arrived in the second district right around the time the purple-skinned man had made his appearance to two others. She felt the vibes of conflict, but didn't want to engage or interfere just yet. The tall woman hid behind the corner of a wall and merely observed and listened. The three looked to have been having a heated discussion and all Ysl could do, was use her emerald green eyes to continue to observe. Eventually, she didn't have to wait long before more events unfolded and soon, a large, yellow, hulking dragon with a large battle axe appeared. The giant creature jumped from a balcony and landed in front of the two, the man who summoned it quickly disappearing. Ysl'Dae wanted to engage, so she did so.

The woman, without any words or warning, leaped from her hidden corner and landed just a few feet in front of the man and woman. She towered over them easily and held equipment that looked as though it required more than four hands to wield effectively. Ysl'Dae drew out her large tower shield and her large, emerald, two-handed broadsword. On the front of her shield was the insignia of the Darkson family. Ysl'Dae held her blade at the ready and narrowed her eyes towards the draconic beast, but smiled with anticipation.

"My queen! I have encountered an enemy along with several potential allies and will be disposing of the beast at once." She communicated to Schwartz and Marigold, who gave her the go ahead. Ysl'Dae readied herself for combat soon after and turned her head briefly to look at her two temporary allies. Her snake-like eyes shone briefly and she turned back to face her opponent. She raised up her mighty blade and slammed it downward to the ground with a great force. The yellow dragon would soon begin to feel the earth tremble beneath its feet, as a large earthquake occurred around it, and threatened to topple it over. Not only that, but the ground would break and crack viciously, as it started to kick up a large amount of dust in the air, around the creature. Ysl'Dae, if she succeeded in at least throwing the creature off balance, gave her two new allies the opening they would need to go in and lay waste to it.

Schwartz, meanwhile had been in another district or area altogether. She wanted to go and help Ysl'Dae, who was literally just a few good rooftops away, but she figured that if the woman had help over there already, she wouldn't need to stress out. There was another roar that occurred and Schwartz knew that she herself, was going to have to go and check it out. Without any hesitation, the petite assassin used her quick footing, to jump from building to building, in order to find the source of the new roar.

"Mistress, I am on my way to the source of a second roar. Wish me luck!" She said between Marigold and Ysl'Dae. They all kept each other updated and Schwartz continued with her mission at a brisk pace.

Back at the cafe, Marigold hadn't felt the need to leave and join the others just yet. No, she stayed at the cafe and ordered herself a slice of vanilla cake, with chocolate icing and a strawberry on top. The queen adored her sweet snacks and licked her lips at the sight of the beautiful peace of cake. Marigold didn't take long to dig into the slice and when she tasted the sweet mixture of chocolate and vanilla, a small blush streaked across her face and she let out a soft moan of pleasure. Mari sure loved her cake.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Alyx woke up from her desk with a startled gasp; an earthen rumble having woken the woman up from her paperwork. A dreaded feeling crossed over her for only a couple of seconds, before that feeling subsided into that of anger. Earthquakes didn’t happen in the sleepy world of Traverse Town, not without a damn good reason. Her suspicions were confirmed when a guard entered in her room, garbed in simple weapons but with an insignia that denoted them as the militia of Traverse Town. He snapped to attention, fist closed over his left breast that denoted respect to one’s superior. “Ma’am!” he said, “I am sorry to disturb you, but there is word of a fight beginning to break out!” he stated, a look of apology in his eyes, masked by an expression of stoicism.

She narrowed her eyes. Who in the hell was dumb enough to fight inside her town? There was a coliseum in the fifth district for that. “Dammit.” She cursed under her breath, sliding out of her chair and walking at a brisk pace, the guard that had given her the warning keeping up with her. “Are there any guards wounded as of now?” she asked; her answer a brisk and simple, “No.” to which she nodded.

“Have the militia engaged?”

“We haven’t heard any militia in the area.” At that she looked at him curiously, to which he just shot an empty look her way.

“Why not?” She asked him. The guard had a pensive expression for a moment.

“…I don’t know.” He admitted. Alyx sighed. It was really her fault, really. She felt that Traverse Town was peaceful enough to hold off on defenses and militia placement throughout the streets, even though she sent them on regular forays against the heartless. Obviously a mistake, but it was one she wouldn’t be making again. “Get everyone ready, let’s try and rein this in. Don’t attack until I say so, but if you are attacked defend yourself. Stay in groups.” She said, the guard nodding and running off, leading her into a beeline for the bedroom where she would equip herself to fight.

She stepped out of the mayor’s mansion and into the fourth district, a look of absolute irritation on her face.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Veara continued to dance and dance and do amazing moves like backflips and the worm. He was currently in the middle of third district, dancing, when all of the suddenly he heard a loud screech. He quickly covered his ears and ended up screaming himself making an annoyed sound while he looked around himself. He couldn't find the source or the location of the screech at all. Jumping up a couple feet, he quickly activated his space flight skill jumping up to the the roof top of the safe house.

Looking ahead of him he saw something jumping towards him and it was...a child....an adorable child! Like a really adorable child! She had a large blue scarf that was far too big for her, plus her clothes were so much bigger on then her little frame. It was like looking at a little girl who was dressing herself...that was also jumping between roof top to roof top. Although right now he couldn't focus on little adorable, right now he had to focus on the upcoming force that was about to show up. Looking down at the third district he cracked his knuckles and his neck and awaited for what ever it was to show themselves.

So he could pound it into the dust.

[terribly terribly sorry for the short post the next one after see monster will be MUCH bigger]
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:18 pm

The Third District

The loud screech could be heard throughout the town, prompting a huff from a young wizard, Dahina Convocan.

No doubt,” she muttered to herself, “people will be coming in from all over to investigate.

Granted, she herself was hidden on a small balcony, staying out of sight from the people and creatures below performing their wicked sorceries. Peering over the ledge again, keeping a hand on her pointed hat, she examined the completely repurposed area. The once open area now had wooden boxes stacked upon each other dotted along the edge no doubt carrying magical supplies and incenses. Red skinned devils shifted about, relocating some of said boxes to different piles while bronze armored gorgons kept to the side, keeping their tall wooden spears in their hand. On the overlooking balcony, a mix of black cloaked arokin, humans, and a red scaled wyrmblood dressed in leather armor watched over the operations. However, while this melting pot was certainly interesting, there was something greater that caught Dahina’s eye.

Directly in the center of the plaza was a very large circle of crackling magic energy, with a number of people dotted along the edge. Most of which were Jerdic worshipers, the zealots kneeling down muttering dark prayers to the death god they worshiped so feverishly, Verfluen. Along the base of the circle was a small group of men and women, around twelve by Dahina’s estimate, chained by their necks and wrists, forced to kneel by two green scaled wyrmbloods directly behind the group both carrying steel halberds. Most of the people Dahina recognized as common folk she passed by in the previous district, more likely taken directly from their home by some sort of teleportation magic. That was not the focus of her attention however, as in the middle of the circle was a colossal orange scaled dragon, its slitted eyes glaring down at the captured civilians.

Half of them were pleading desperately for their lives, while the others were either crying silently or stuck in a stupor. She could hardly blame them, she would probably do the same if it weren’t for her fascination. She slithered back onto the balcony, shifting her wooden staff slightly aside as she pulled a leather bound book from the bag strapped around her shoulder.

Let’s see, let’s see,” she muttered, flicking through yellowed pages decorated with ancient glyphs and arcane symbols. “Here we are,” she said, landing her finger on a page. Peeking again over the edge, she darted her eyes back and forth between the dragon and her book. “It’s obviously an ancestral dragon. No way it has lived in the days of the ancients. Orange though, probably lived in the Dunes. The size, hm, the size, it must have live for at least over two hundred years.” She peered over the edge, staring at the imprisoned dragon, “What is it doing here, though? Most importantly, why? What do these people want?

A jolt ran up her spine, “Shadowmancy, someone’s coming!

She ducked down, looking around for the source. Not even moments later, a portal of shadow appeared behind the people occupying the overlooking balcony.

Ah, Dethral,” one of the humans said, his accent proving him to be Jer as well, “I see you’ve come back to join us.

A dark elf emerged from the portal, his eyes narrowed, “I heard Losthoradon’s outburst all the way in the Second District. I certainly hope everything’s optimal here…

Ah, do not worry,” the Jer said, “everything is going according to schedule.” He gestured toward the dragon, “Young Losthoradon just had a couple of...objections toward the ritual, so we gathered a few extra sacrifices for afterwards.

Several cries could be heard from the gathered civilians before Dethral replied, “I see. Yet I’m sure the entire town heard that ‘objection’ and there’s no doubt the malitia’s mobilizing as we speak. We should make preparations for when they arrive.

Well said,” the Jer replied before clapping his hands. Instantly, two red robed figures appeared in a burst of flame, both of them kneeling.

Inquisitor Verloren, what is your wish?

Guard the outer gate,” he said, his words dripping with sadism, “let no one through. If you must call upon your fiends, then do so.

Yes, Inquisitor. Any who approach shall be damned.

The two of them vanished in flames, no doubt outside the gates to the Second District. Dahina cringed slightly, those two were no doubt warlocks of high caliber. If they were capable of summoning fiends, then they were no one to trifle with lightly.

Verloren bent down, picking up a large golden artifact of some sort. It was shaped like a vase, yet where there would be an opening it was was sealed with an egg-top shape. Two twined handles decorated the side of which Verloren gripped it by.

Begin the ritual,” he yelled out, “for tonight we will bring a dracolich among our ranks!

Cheers erupted through the district, but even then Dahina could not prevent herself from letting out a highly audible gasp.

A dracolich? Impossible, there’s no way...oh, damn it all…

A moment of realization hit Dahina like a steamroller being dropped on her from above as every eye turned toward her, the cheers suddenly silenced.

It appears Losthoradon is in luck,” Verloren said, his emerald eyes and cross shaped pupils on her, “another sacrifice has shown itself. Bring the interloper down, it will be the first to be devoured.

Dahina grabbed her staff and scrambled up, running away as fast as her robes would let her. She didn’t look back as she was sure a whole crowd of soldiers and other sorts were already hot on her tail.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Schwartz traveled fast on the rooftops, her small frame seemingly a blue blur to those of the untrained eye. Along the way, Schwartz spotted the site of another boy traveling along the rooftops a well. No doubt he was investigating the same thing she was, which consisted of the loud screech coming from somewhere in the Third District. The Black Plague didn't have time to stop and chat, she was on a mission from her queen and needed to finish it as soon as possible. She passed by the boy without a second glance and continued onward. Due to her speed and determination, it wouldn't take her long to scale another few buildings and bring herself up onto the rooftop of a high building in the district. The small girl peeked her head up and remained hidden as she viewed everything.

"Whoa, check this shit out, Mistress. There's all sorts of different people here. From what I can see, there's a large, orange dragon, a couple of robed people and even more, chained prisoners that look like sacrifices. I don't know who these people are, but they sure do bring a big game. I'll stay hidden in the meanwhile and will see that they do next, before I end up coming back to you. Also... There are others here as well. I ran past by a random, but we didn't talk. He'll be coming up around soon, though." Schwartz relayed her information back to Marigold, who was still at the cafe devouring her cake.

Schwartz remained vigilant and continued to monitor the ongoing events that occurred in the third district. Many people showed up, all of them looking like shady figures with apparently no fashion sense. The small, blue haired girl rolled her eyes, but none would be able to see this action. She watched as a few of them vanished from sight in a flurry of flames. After that happened, one of the main figures began to talk and spoke about bringing something called a Dracolich among their ranks. Schwartz tilted her head at the mention of the name, not knowing what was going on at all. It wasn't until the eruption of cheers briefly stopped from everyone and when they turned their heads towards a balcony a ways off from Schwartz's location, did she realize that there was already somebody there.

"Oooooh, she fucked up." Schwartz said as she watched a robe figure spring up from her hiding place, followed by a large group following behind her when she ran. A toothy grin, which ran ear from ear spread across Schwartz's lips. She wanted to hunt and what a better way to sow a deceptive reputation for her queen, while getting her blood lust sated, then by saving the foolish girl and killing all of those people? "My queen, permission to hunt?" Schwartz asked.

"Granted. Don't get reckless and if things get too heated, come back to my side immediately." She instructed. With that, Schwartz definitely picked herself up and became ready for the hunt. She wanted to make sure she wasn't seen just yet, before going off and saving the poor robed figure. Marigold herself, had gotten to the best part of the cake. The strawberry. She smiled wide as she picked up the jelly covered fruit on her fork and ate it in one bite. Marigold moaned out softly and held her body tightly. "Good luck to the both of you. Make your queen proud and build some bridges for me." She said, knowing full well they'll more than likely succeed in their mission.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 am

Veara watched as little adorable would pass right by him not even giving him a second glance, however that reminded him about the screech and the possibility of a gigantic heartless plowing it's way through third district. The fact alone he may have already allowed that beast destroy some of the third district was UNACCEPTABLE!

Turning around Veara quickly followed little adorable, however when little adorable stopped moving and was currently on top of one building over looking the third district. Veara ended up jumping off the building and quickly one of his space skills of flight kicked in and he was able to hold himself up within the air. Sticking out like a sore thumb while little adorable was currently hidden peaking her head out like the Wiley weasel checking for danger.

Though the moment Veara was able to see what exactly was happening in the third district. He balled his fists extremely tight, while he felt almost sick to his stomach at the sight that was before him. People, and by the looks of it, extremely innocent people were in shackles. They were being displayed before some kind of big dragon punk and what's worse people were cheering. People wanted innocents to be sacrificed to some overgrown lizard.

Not on his watch!

Veara summoned his signature knife to hand, Foudre, quickly he decided just one Veara and one ninja little adorable wasn't enough to take on an entire group like this....okay maybe one Veara was, but he couldn't leave little adorable here to fend for herself even though it seemed the girl could take care of herself. Rather be safe, then down one little adorable. Veara quickly activated the ability electric slide. Four clones appeared standing on the wall, each one perched on the way in a different way ready to act. Unfortunately they didn't have access to his prominent magic, however there bodies were just as strong as his own. "One, two and three you're with me. Number four you're with little adorable watch her back and make sure little adorable get through alive." Veara spoke in a hushed tone, however it would be obvious for little adorable to hear him. All the clones ended up simply nodding to him and the original along with the first three clones quickly began running towards the roofs on the other side. "Well it's just you and me for now little adorable." The clone said with big green orbs for eyes. Waiting for the girl to move so he could follow her; he had his mission and that was simply ensure she survives.

Meanwhile, Veara and the other three clones had made it too the other side of the rooftops behind the group. When Veara went to check what was happening he couldn't believe what he was seeing but a group of people had gone after someone...did someone try to escape? Either way, as terrible as this was for Veara to admit...the dragon had to come first. Putting Foudre in his pocket he took a deep breath and blew out.

Show time!

At that moment main!Veara ran forward and jumped off the building summoning the Boulder gloves, to hand. Quickly he activated the skill momentum burst and started rocketing towards the ancient dragon at sixty-five miles per hour. He intended to crack open that dragon's head. While he would fight the dragon, the three Veara's dove down towards the crowd of people and quickly while number one focused on getting the people free, numbers two and three focused on defending them by kicking the teeth down the throat of anyone who got close.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Third District

Alyx didn’t really consider herself tough to get along with, hell even pretty lax for what she would let slide in her little town. Hell, she had a freaking coliseum in the fifth district for people who wanted to battle. She only had two little rules- Don’t be endangering lives or infrastructure. It wasn’t hard. So as she stepped into the madness that was Third District, she knew for a fact she was going to have to kill a few people today. Alyx wasn’t alone though, in fact- far from it. She had the entire world’s militia behind her, which was no small number. Four hundred marched in with her, the other six hundred working its way about the other districts, warning people to get inside and making sure areas were secure before moving on.

As she approached closer, she noticed the area erupt in a brief but terrible scuffle, a man having taken the initiative to go into combat, where he took on the dragon and a small number of forces. She would gesture for her troops to ready themselves for anything, and to attack immediately when they were attacked.

[Anyone outside of the third district while they swept would be asked to go into a building, and if unable to comply would forcefully remove them from the premises. They have been ordered to fight and detain prisoners, but only if they are attacked first, and most would be found in large groups. Alyx and her forces would be converging on the events in the third district, armed and ready to fight should the situation rise. All of the forces with her have the amount of training needed to take on domestic cases, and in some cases, large skirmishes should the need arise; however there are also quite a few who can hold their own in a large battle.]
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

The Second District

Neither Amelia nor Agathon expected a newcomer to their fight, and from the looks of it, the same could be said in the wyrmblood’s case. Ysl’Dae’s attack hit straight on. Although wyrmbloods train for battle far beyond the known limits of humans, he still was taken off guard and stumbled down, barely catching himself and dropping his axe in the process. The wyrmblood turned to face his opponents, but before he could do anything he was visibly startled by the sight of Amelia already upon him.

Gyyaaah!

Amelia raised her sword above her head, letting out an intimidating cry before bringing it upon Nev’Thagar.

[Battle Strike]

Amelia grimaced as Nev’Thagar intercepted her attack by grasping her blade in his claws. The two of them struggled against each other before the wyrmblood finally released her blade, following up with a kick to Amelia’s stomach that sent her flying into the opposing wall.

With a cry, she slumped down, gasping for breath as she gripped her stomach.

Amelia!” Agathon yelled, grimacing as he turned back to Nev’Thagar with his shield raised.

The wyrmblood was bent over, busying himself with reclaiming his dropped axe.

He gave a sideways glance to Ysl’Dae, “Friend, please tend to Amelia. See if she needs...

He stopped short, shocked as Amelia’s eyes snapped open. She grabbed her sword with both hands and lunged towards the wyrmblood, sending her blade straight through the side of his neck.

Nev’Thagar let out a wounded roar, standing back up with his arms raised and Amelia lept back letting go of her sword. She held a battle ready stance between Ysl’Dae and the now stupefied Agathon.

The wyrmblood let out another roar before grabbing Amelia’s sword with both hands and ripped it out of his neck, his ferocious reddened eyes focused on her alone.

YOU!” He roared out, holding her sword up, ready to strike. He never got the chance however as he began to lose his balance, swaying side to side and finally toppled over to the side with a crash.
Silence filled the area before it was finally broken by a burst of commotion from the next district.

We should check that out,” Amelia said, walking past the wyrmblood.

Regaining his composure, Agathon followed her, “Right, of course. But what of him?” he said, gesturing towards Nev’Thagar.

The two of them stopped and Amelia looked up at Ysl’Dae, “Friend, you came to our aid when we needed it most. So, as my thanks, you shall be the judge. Do what you wish, and if you can, I ask that you lend us your aid once more in the next area.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am

“I don’t believe this,” Eno mutters under his breath. Within seconds the blunt end of his own black glaive is thrust into his jaw, jostling his head. Immediately one of Eno’s gloved hands rubs the now sore area gingerly, a sharp sting of pain erupting as a result of the metal’s strong connection. “Ouch, you know that hurts, right?” The giant’s deep, baritone voice comes off in a condescending tone, earning him another strike, albeit lighter than the first. Even with Indomitable Will active, the hard to ramp up ability isn’t enough to completely cover the sensation. But, at least his regenerative abilities would make the sting last for only a few moments.

“That’s the point, idiot.  Why won’t you shut up?!” The steel-plate wearing captor huffs before bringing his attention back to the cobblestone laden path before them. A few moments of silence fell over the group being led down a rather narrow roadway, the only sites this second district gave for them to see being the looming brick apartment buildings that were situated much too close together. A confined space for what is obviously a rapidly expanding world. In spite of this place being shrouded in darkness, the only means of illumination being the lanterns and the rare light filled interiors of random buildings, the ex-hand could see the astonishing lack of area.

Even their little group, only made up of four armored human men, a black robed elf woman, and the six captors, Eno included, made what might have been expansive streets a constricting nightmare. Those unfortunate enough to suffer from claustrophobia would find this world to be a hell all its own. Not to mention, the population here might be massive given the amount of apartments in this place. On a sunny day, Eno bets this district would be the highlight of activity, at least the fountain they passed would have made for a sight to see.

Either way, his idle thoughts couldn’t take up his care given the circumstances. Five men and women, all of varying ages, are stuck, like Eno, in shackles being led in a line towards what they mentioned to be the third district. From what the elder man of the group informed, they’d be there within a few minutes. Surely, there’d be more than just this small group awaiting should they cross that threshold. If the captors manage to bring them in, escape would likely be impossible.

However, such a thing is hard to pull off as is.

The two grunts in front felt it necessary to disarm Eno, along with putting him in the thickest shackles they had. Metal clamps large enough to grasp tightly from his forearms, all the way to his wrists. At least the iron chain links that connected them were rather long, giving him some means of free arm space. But, despite his size, he’d need more than that in order to get out of this.

This veteran knew as soon as he tried anything, that pretty little one leading the pack would probably have something to stop him. If she didn’t do anything, the grunt with his longsword, or the other with his glaive, would be able to end him. What an annoying turn of events. Eno, in spite of the odds, did have one idea in mind, and that was to annoy the grunts with his asinine words, along with using his spirit to enhance his body. If he was going to fight, he’d rather have a means to tank some shots than just fold over and die.

The ex-commander already gave their arms a look over during their short journey. The four grunts keeping them within a square of sorts stood at their respective corners, each wearing steel armor. The plating offered their chests, shoulders, and forearms protection, but it left their biceps/triceps completely open. None of them, save for two, wore armor below the waist. White pants and boots, that’s it. The two mentioned would have some protection for their knees at least. As far as their group leader went, he had no idea what she could be hiding under her robe. The tridents are a bit intimidating, same could be said of the ones now using his gear, but all appear beatable, maybe.

“Because if I do, the voices come back.” Eno answers, his voice grim, low, and foreboding. While it held some merit, the horrors of Tartarus never fully leaving him, in this case it was a bold lie, a few simple words held together in a way that’d cause their little walk to come crashing to a halt.

“Ma’am,” the glaive thief starts, glaring back at Eno, “can I hit him again? Really hard this time.” The violet hued elf turned with a scowl, her purple lip quivering, and her brow tight in a rage filled, pupil lacking stare.

“Yes, I hate it when sacrifices can’t keep their mouths shut,” she starts to move back before adding, “you know what, hit him once for me as well.” This causes the ex-hand’s jaw to drop from mock disbelief.

“You can’t do that, I’m mentally ill!” the auburn haired prisoner shouts. He places the back of his gloved hand against his forehead, feigning exhaustion with a huff, “and,” quickly, he cuddles up to the sword thief, his eyes large and watering up to maintain the act, “I don’t know how to say this, but, I’m pregnant, Trevor. You might hurt our baby!” Almost immediately, the dramatic posture and voice ends. Eno now takes a neutral stance, and is now backing away

“See, there’s two reasons why hitting me is bad.”

The giant turns to the rest of the captured townsfolk, only to find them looking over him with suspicion, or is that concern? It’s quite apparent that they’re not for his plan, but who can blame them? After all Eno said nothing before doing this, so not having them follow up only made this particular strategy fall flat on its face. The married couple among the others shake their heads, astonished at Eno’s unruliness.

It’s then a steel covered fist collides with the side of his skull, knocking his head about.

“My name isn’t Trevor, asshole.” The sword stealer grunts. The one in possession of Eno’s glaive uses the blunt end of his weapon to strike the ex-hand’s cheek. Unlike the first, that one is able to nudge him back a step. The follow-up, the one to cover for the elf, was in the process of being carried out, but a rapid thunk of footsteps running rapidly among the nearby roof tops would call the attention of all.

A woman dressed in robes, many shade lighter than the elf-girl’s, would leap across the wide expanse separating one set of roofs from the other. An amazing feat to be sure, and she managed to clear it effortlessly. However, others would be closing in, these familiar pursuers leap after her a few moments behind. Whoever she was, it was almost certain they’d be on her within a few moments.

This would catch the notice of the five leading them on, and Eno, after having had his fill, would look down to find them with their eyes off the rest. It only took a second or two for his back-up idea to be formed, and used. Interlocking his fingers, and pressing his hands tightly to form a ball, Eno would close the few feet of space separating him from the sword thief, swinging as he does so. Using every bit of force his upper body had at its disposal, the giant’s knuckles would connect with the soldier’s jaw with an audible smack, knocking the poor man off his feet.

“What?!” The woman snaps, her eyes back on Eno, and as she does so, shadows start to gather in her right hand, the tendrils lapping at her fingers before it’s compressed into an orb, “pay attention you morons!” she cries before launching her spell right towards him. With only a few seconds to act, Eno grabs the glaive user by his armor before he managed to turn around, prompting him to cry out of shock.

Due to the incredible size difference, along with his momentary opening, the giant is able to move and push the captor effortlessly in front of the elf’s spell, letting him take it in the ex-servant’s stead. Eno watched curiously as the orb entered the grunt’s chest, disappearing from sight. The unfortunate victim drops the glaive, opting to pat his chest in order to check for the spell. That lasts for a second or two before he starts screaming and tearing at his armor.

The elf girl cringes, not only from the mistake she made, but from what would happen next. As that event began to unfold, Eno would reach out and take hold of his weapon, admiring the feeling of his pride and joy being back in his possession. While he couldn’t wield it at its full potential due to the shackles, he could still make some use of it. As the upper body of the soldier expands rapidly, Eno pushes him to the side, charging forward, his target, the robed magic user.

She already had another orb in her left hand, ready to be used. Sadly, as she was bringing her arm back to launch it, Eno was able to cover the distance, and adjust his grip along the shaft. Sliding his hand down three fourths of the way, he swings his glaive much as one would a bat, the length closing the gap for him. The elf would let out a high pitched shriek as the blade goes through her hand with little resistance.

It was rather odd though, wounding her hand kept her from using her attack, and at the same time she couldn’t dismiss the energetic shadow magic making it up. Instead, the opposite occurred, the darkness spreading from her hand, and covering her arm within seconds. Soon the pain would be masked with worry as she began to frantically pat her arm to try and rid it of the black, flame-like magic from her arm. Her final moments would be spent looking over the one she thought would have made a worthy sacrifice for her group.

“H-Help me please I ca-“the rest of her speech is silenced as the unstable magic explodes, concealing her upper body in thick smoke. Eno brings up his arms instinctively, as crimson washes over his sage green hoodie sleeves, and the lower part of his chainmail-laced trenchcoat. A loud pop, followed by the squelch of entrails would come from behind him, his back half now painted with the blood of the grunt, making the ex-servant’s efforts at shielding himself worthless.

Realizing this, Eno sighs and lets his arms hang limply, “I took a freaking shower like three hours ago, come on. Now I’m gonna smell like blood and organs.”
He makes his way to the now fallen body of the elf, the thick screen now significantly thinner, the initial bit all but gone. Whatever she used, the spell was quite powerful, the instability taking out almost the entirety of her upper body. The only remaining bits being half of her face being held on by a few thin strips of flesh, and some of the right side of her body. Bits of burnt ribs that didn’t shatter could be seen sticking out from the blackened flesh. While most would be disgusted by the sight, the ex-prisoner instead kicks her limp thigh, getting no response.

“Bitch, I bet you knew this would happen didn’t you? You wouldn’t kill me so you make me smell instead?” He squats down to her side before adding, “I’ve never seen someone so audacious in my entire life,” once he leans in a bit he continues by poking her cheek, each word being accompanied by a prod. “In. My. Whole. Life.”

With his chastising done, he steals the keys from her belt, unlocks his shackles, and then turns to the other prisoners only to find that they picked up on his actions. Apparently they swarmed the two guards before they could react. Now that all four guards, er, three and a half are beaten, along with their leader, nothing stopped Eno from sharing his freedom with the others, passing the keys around so they too could enjoy having those cuffs removed.

“I don’t know if I should thank you, or offer counseling.” The elderly one says, rubbing his sore wrists.

“I’m glad my daughter isn’t here, she’d be scarred for life.” One woman adds.

“I’m getting tired of seeing this shit, first those little shadow things, now these guys? Is our mayor doing anything about them?” Another one interjects.

Regardless of what any of the other comments were, Eno ignored them for the most part, opting to re-equip himself with his lost gear. Once the longsword is safely back in its sheath, and with his glaive resting in its leather strap over his shoulder, he finally gives them his attention.

“Alright, so you’re all free. Find a guard or something. If they were leading us to the third then there’ll be more of them, probably going to need all the help I can get,” the sudden roaring of a might beast, follow by an uproar of voices, would cause Eno to crane his neck in the direction it seemed to be coming from.

“You know what, have them send everyone, bye!” Despite looking like a bloodied mess, Eno takes off at full speed, his weapons clanking as he moves. If what the knife-ear told her comrade was true, then it’d only be a minute or so before he reached the wooden doors leading into the third district.

Whatever awaited, Eno, he was sure it would test out his new body to its limits, and for that he couldn’t wait. If he happened to save any along the way, it’d make for a great bonus prize in his mind. While it wasn’t the ex-hand’s top priority, it’s not as though he’d leave any to be sacrificed like he was intended for.

Spoiler:

[50MP - 25MP = 25MP remaining]
[1st Stack of Indomitable Will]
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 pm

The Third District

Verloren grit his teeth as more unwelcome visitors brought themselves into the third district. First it was the boy. One must be some sort of special imbecile to charge headlong into a dragon, especially one that was protected by a ward of rending, all by himself. At the very least, a strong jolt would have went up his leg before sending him flying back with small violet cracks visible in the barrier. Yet he was not alone, there were two clones of the the boy accompanying him.

Tch, boy, you think that you are capable of surviving here? Charging headlong into a dragon like that, you’re lucky there was a barrier to stop you. For it prolonged your life long enough to reflect on your own stupidity. Yet while not strong in mind perhaps, you are certainly strong in body.

There is little doubt that the clones prepared themselves for combat.

Yes, you would make for a fine death thrall.

A few devils approached Veara and his clones, only to be stopped by a raised hand by Verloren, “No! You fiends are too quick to mutilate.

He snapped his fingers and two tall figures clad in steel approached Vaera, readying their tridents.

Do not damage him too much, for I wish to raise him.

As he allowed his soldiers to handle Veara, he turned toward the entrance of the district, welcomed by the sight of Alyx and her soldiers.

You must be kidding…” he clenched his teeth before shouting out, “Malic!”

Another red hooded figure appeared from flames, “Yes, Inquisitor Verloren?

Them,” he said with grit teeth, “Kill...them!

The hooded man looked over to the guards, glowing red eyes seen from under his hood, “Of course, Inquisitor.

He vanished into flame again, reappearing behind a female prisoner before teleporting a few meters in front of the new army. The woman in his arms, twisting and crying out helplessly.

Malic paid her no mind, instead looking straight at Alyx. “Pray, mortals, that your deaths come quick.”

He held out his free hand, a short curved blade forming from darkness before he drove it into the prisoner's heart. She screamed out in agony as he released her, the knife still in her chest.

Malic clasped his hands together and power radiated from him as he shouted, “[Summon: Abyss Minotaur]!”

The knife in the prisoner’s heart disintegrated into darkness, forming a black pool with her body. Moments after it formed, a towering figure emerged. It stood at least 8 feet tall with the body of a man and the head of a bull. It had four arms, two of which carrying large battle axes with shafts half as tall as their wielder. When the black summoning portal finally dissipated, it left no trace of the prisoner and the minotaur gave a mighty roar before it charged at the soldiers.

Chaos erupted in the district with devils and gorgons clashing with the soldiers along with the minotaur and the Vaera boy was no doubt still fighting the Jerdic soldiers all with Losthoradon watching from his prison. Verloren saw this as an opportunity to slip away. He would attempt to perform the dracolich ritual himself, but such a feat was impossible without masterful necromantic knowledge. He would have to retreat for the time being.

That idiot boy managed to put a dent in the ward of rending, that alone required massive strength. If they weaken it any further, then Losthoradon would escape and create a massive catastrophe. He made his way to the fourth district, there he would try to make a break and report to his superiors. Hopefully there will be no other pesky interlopers around to try and stop him.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:48 am

Ysl'Dae had watched her attack connect with the giant, yellow dragon. The creature was thrown off balance, but was just as ready to get back up. The snake-eyed woman prepped her shield and sword to defend and attack respectively, however, her temporary ally had already charged in. From there, Ysl watched as the woman was quickly dealt with and was more than prepared to go over and help recover her wounds. Ysl wasn't shocked, though, when the woman warrior got back up through her sheer willpower and felled the giant yellow beast with a precise strike to the neck. Ysl'Dae smirked and eased up, though she were still on guard in case something else were to happen. She turned to face her allies, who addressed her and told her that the judgement of the beast was up to her.

"We cut off the head. That way we know it's fully dead." Ysl'Dae judged matter-of-factly. Should her queen had been more under control of her own powers, Ysl would have allowed the body to stay, so Marigold could infect the creature with her blood and reanimate it for a time. The woman went over to the creature and placed a firm, heavy foot upon its chest. She rose her gigantic broadsword high and came down upon the creature's neck with a powerful might, that cleaved it's head right off its shoulders. Ysl turned towards her allies, a bit of blood smeared on her cheek due to the previous act. The wanted her to continue following into the second district, which Marigold approved of ahead of time. Ysl nodded to the two confidently. "Let us continue."

Meanwhile, in the third district, Schwartz was having a harder time with her recon mission.

"Who the hell are you and what the fuck is a 'little adorable!?'" The petite assassin yelled, as the kid from before showed up out of nowhere and started speaking her nonsense. The small woman was vehemently steamed with the fact that her cover had just been blown by some loud mouth, clone toting kid. Schwartz mind was racing at 100 miles per hour at everything that was going on. Suddenly, a whole army converged on their location, mythical creatures began to fight the soldiers and to top it all off, a giant man bear pig, with axes came out and started rushing the army. Schwartz wanted to scream for her Mistress to come and destroy everybody, but knew that at her current prowess, she's as useless as a wooden sword in all of this mess. "I don't have time for all this, I have to report back to the Mistress!" She said and was prepared to take her leave, but was suddenly stopped by a voice in her head.

"Schwartz, be a dear and use the boy to cut you a path ahead. Also, ask him how many main places this world has. After seeing all of this, these people clearly aren't stupid, so there has to be a way for them to weasel out. I want to capture at least one of them and do some questioning of my own." Marigold said sweetly, but it was an absolute command to her guardian. By the time all the commotion had broken out, Marigold had left the cafe and used the road less traveled. She followed in Ysl'Dae's footsteps, knowing that was the least conflicted area. A smile formed and she slowly licked a bit of icing off the corner of her lips. Her steps were brisk and she hurried herself to make sure she'd be able to catch up to the people who started all of the conflict in time.

"Yes, Mistress!" Schwartz said, then turned towards the clone of the loud mouthed kid and pointed a finger at him. This action raised up her poncho a bit, given the boy a look at her delicate bronzed skin and her loose attire. "Hey, help me out here, you just became useful. Listen, I need to know if this place has anymore areas that a person or group of people can hide to. If so, I'm going to need you to help me cut a path to any potential hideouts, so I can get these guys for your future queen. What do you say?" She asked from behind her large scarf. They didn't have much time, so the petite assassin tapped her foot anxiously and still pointed towards the boy.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:07 am

The moment when Little Adorable turned around and immediately began her verbal onslaught on Veara, the other clones including the main were gone. Only number four was there looking at the girl, trying his best to keep a straight face. Honestly being screamed at by this girl he realized two things, a, she was probably much older then what was thought. An, b, this girl screaming at you was the equivalent of having seeing something akin to a teenage German Shepard being fussy with you. "Well little adorable would be you and...you're not looking this way anymore." Number four spoke realizing the girl had quickly looked back towards the fight and also cut him off saying she had to get back to her mistress...? Though all of the sudden the girl stopped suddenly as if something halted or actions. Maybe, she was telepathically talking to someone, apparently that wasn't too uncommon in other worlds. Suddenly little adorable, quickly said 'Yes, Mistress.' and number four could only confirm that she was just talking telepathically. She pointed at him and number four quickly looked around, seeing no one else up there with him, clearly she was talking about him.

Apparently in short what the girl wanted to know was were there any hideout's nearby that anyone could slip into this area or slip out of this area. Number four only had one thing on his mind though ever since she pointed at him. "So....why do you wear so much clothes if you have nice skin, you'd think you'd wanta show it off more or something, I mean hell the reason why I wear so much clothes is cause I'm just a pale mess....oh wait, wait, your question." Number four stopped rambling his inner thoughts and looked over the roof top and pointed in a direction of a small alleyway located in the third district. A large door with a fire emblem was at the end of it. "Well little adorable your best for a hideout would be there. Too my knowledge there's a wizards house there that leads to the sewers of the second district. Your queen lady you were talking about would probably do best coming from there." Veara shrugged believing this would probably be helpful to her. Frankly, it seemed as though he got the easier job, while the others were off in the middle of the warzone right now.

Speaking of that warzone...while number four was busy with little adorable Veara and the other three clones were busy in the midst of the turmoil. Main!Veara after receiving a jolt of energy through his body was sent flying backwards both the Boulder gloves desummoning themselves before he hit the ground. Before he hit the ground he flipped his body and smashed hand into the ground creating a small shockwave near him. Standing up on his own two feet, and dusting himself off he looked towards some guy apparently the one controlling all of this as he talked to him.

He called him an idiot and this and that and that and this. What confused Main!Veara was the guy saying he would make a fine death thrall...what in the blue moon was a death thrall? What confused him was that he felt the presence of his clones, though they were currently supposed to be helping out the prisoners. Was the army on that job or had they already been helped? Either way he could use this to his advantage. Main!Veara not even bothering to waste breath on this guy. (Simply because he honestly sucked with words and didn't have a comeback.) Quickly he jumped backwards when the gigantic men clad in steel showed up, unfortunately he still had the dragon to fight. "One and Two take on the guys, number three you're with me lets go!" He spoke quickly and jumped backward once again through the carnage being followed by number three. While number one and two quickly got the memo and ran forward at the two gigantic men aiming to roundhouse kick into the next wall. Meanwhile Main!Veara had number three on his shoulders and was currently running up the wall once again using Cardinal direction. Building up enough speed while running towards the dragon. The clone jumped off of Main!Veara's shoulder and sent himself flying towards the barrier aiming to send a flying kick straight towards the location that had a crack within it. Not to far from him Main!Veara once he built enough speed sent himself rocketing towards the barrier once more. Summoning the Boulder gloves to hand once more he cocked both his arms and send two of the hardest punches he could at the barrier right where number three would have struck. His goal was clear, get the dragon out of the barrier and subdue it so that they could never use a beast of this magnitude for purposes such as this ever again.
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsumiko Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:00 pm

The world of Traverse Town was known far an wide as a peaceful, sleepy place, save for the handfuls of heartless here and there. That didn't seem to be the case on this day. Arriving though the large wooden doors that served as the world's entry point, the songstress' eyes scanned from one end of the plaza to the other. Visually, there wasn't much out of place. What nagged at here was the fact that there wasn't a soul in sight, and the heavy tension that seemed to have a suffocating effect on the air. It was uncomfortable, to say the least. Tsumiko had half a mind to turn around and come back another day when whatever was happening wasn't happening. But where would her sense of adventure be if she did!? No, instead of leaving, the silver-haired woman wandered further into the world, looking all around for some kind of clue as to what was happening.

Cautiously, with light steps, Tsumiko geared up and raised her guard. Her targe stationed on her left forearm, the bulky gauntlet hanging from her right, she was ready for just about anything that might pop out. Though the anticipation of a jump scare only made it worse, adding to her paranoia. Just where was everybody? Was something going on and she was sorely out of the loop? That tended to happen when she was adventuring. Especially in world were intergalactic communication was a no-go. As Tsumiko stumbled into the Second District, the same feeling overcame her as in the previous district. It was like everyone was in quarantine, locked in their houses. Looking at the buildings on either side of her, there were no lights on. It gave her the feeling they were hiding from something. The classic “no one's home” move. But why?

“You there!”

“Eek!”

The sudden appearance of a voice behind her nearly cause Tsumiko to jump out of her skin. Turning, there was a man in armor, carrying some form of longsword. The sight alone sent her running down the nearest street, her imagination getting the best of her. He was a part of a dark cult! Here to perform a secret ritual in which to release an ancient evil upon the worlds! He wanted to use her as a sacrifice! Ducking into the nearby alley after some time of being followed, the songstress held her breath, hoping and praying not to get caught as the clanging of armor came and went past her hiding spot. Peeking out, her silver-blue eyes were drawn to the emblem placed upon the soldier's armor. It was the symbol of Traverse Town's militia. Oh dear lord above did she feel ridiculous upon that sudden realization.

Now... to figure out where she was in this blasted place...

Making to step out of the alley, the songstress froze when the sound of footsteps no longer reached her ears. The guard was gone, as was her chance to find out what was going on. Sighing, a quick reference to some nearby buildings told her that she was in the Fourth District, far from where she started. There was no need to get so glum though. There was bound to be someone else the songstress could ask should she wonder long enough. She might even run in that guard again. Who knew? Walking out into the open, just about nothing moved within her visual range. There was hardly a sound. No sound except... footsteps? Had the guard made a circle and come back? Moving to investigate, her eyes surveyed the area only to spot a man running by not to far from where she was. Not wanting another incident like with the soldier, Tsumiko ran after him to see his aid.

“E-Excuse me!” she called out to him, hand outstretched. “Wait! I was wondering if you.. knew...”

Her words trailed off as she got closer, as well as a better look at the man. He stood taller than she, assuredly. And if he had stopped to identify the songstress, she shrunk under the intimidating aura he possessed. Staring up at him, Tsumiko met cross-shaped pupils. It was at that point that she was wondering just how deep in trouble she got herself...
Tsumiko
Tsumiko
The Voice in the Dark

Directory : Tsumi's Folio

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:42 pm

The Second District

Amelia and Agathon walked toward the entrance to the Third District with Ysl’Dae close behind.

She looked down at the shorter companion of hers, “So, it sounds like we are in for quite a fight if what we heard earlier is any indication.

Indeed,” he replied, “but it will be wise for us to stop by the safe house first. Those rags will do you no good against whatever lies in the next district.

As the three of them approached the entrance, he continued, “I have a spare set of armor in the room I have rented. It’s fitted for men, but I’m certain you will have no trouble putting it on.

That is good to...wait a second,” she replied, giving Agathon a look, “What is that supposed to mean?!

Nothing!” Agathon said back, waving his hands in front of him, “Nothing, I swear!

Amelia was about ready to scold him even further when a strange sound caught her ear, “Hold on, what was that?

They paused, when the sound came again from the distance. It was a high pitch squeal of some sort, “It almost sounds like someone crying for…

The source soon showed up, dropping from the rooftop was Dahina the wizard. She soon stood back up straightening her pointed hat and robes. She looked around before spotting the trio, swiftly making her way over to them breathing heavily.

Hi. Weapons? Yes. Good. Over there. Help!

Agathon walked over to her and put a hand up on her shoulder, “Please, young one, calm down.

Dahina took several quick breaths, “No time! Lots of people, angry people, coming here!

She gestured toward to the rooftop from she just fell. Agathon gave a small laugh before standing straight up, shield at the ready, “Amelia! Go with the girl and our companion to the room. It is on the second floor, number 201.

Wait, what?!” Amelia replied, “You intend to take these enemies on by yourself?! We do not even how many there are!

Do not worry, Amelia,” he said, before tossing her the room key, “the lady Luzana has guided I, Agathon Martialus, to many battles, all of them victorious.” He grinned, bringing his mace out, “This will be no different. Now hurry, and do not keep me waiting too long!

Amelia sighed, shaking her head, “Fine. Do not let yourself be killed on me.

She went along with the other two women up the stairs, past a man dressed in a brown overcoat, button up shirt, and pants who smelled heavily of alcohol passed out with a newspaper covering his face.

Do you think he’ll be alright?” Dahina asked.

I do not know,” Amelia said, “he smelled like he has yet to shower since the age of ancients.

No not him,” she replied, annoyed, “the man taking on the army chasing me, Agathon!

Oh, right,” she said, “probably. He can hold his own in a fight, but if there were as many people as you say then the sooner we come to assist, the better.” She paused a small bit before going on, “I do not think I have heard either of your names,” she said, looking at both Dahina and Ysl’Dae, “I am Amelia.

Dahina.

Ysl'Dae would give her own introduction after Dahina.

After receiving their introductions, they reached the top of the steps.

Ah, here we are!” Dahina exclaimed, “He said 201, then that means this room must be,” she looked at the brass label by the wooden door, “‘215’...

That must mean,” Amelia said, turning to face the other end of the hallway.

Dahina let out an exasperated sigh, pulling down on the ends of her hat, “Gaaaah, good grief! Why can’t this be easier?

Ea...Easy…” Amelia said, beginning to tip sideways, grasping the wall for support, “...not always…

Hey!” Dahina said, reaching out toward her,  "Are you alright?"

The world spun around Amelia, only getting worse as she looked down the hallway. Her mind was swimming, but strangely enough there was an image crystal clear in her sight: a man dressed in a silver cloak with a hood covering his face. The sight was soothing,it almost had a spell over her.

She could barely hear the panicked squeak Dahina gave as she crouched beside Ysl’Dae, tightly gripping her staff with both hands. For now though, Amelia felt she just needed to rest.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 am

Ysl'Dae walked closely behind her comrades and continued to survey the area. By this time, she felt as though Marigold had been able to sneak past most of the commotion caused in all of the other districts and found her own path into the Fourth District. She was more or less worried for Schwartz, who was in the middle of the gigantic war-zone that brewed in the Third District. Nonetheless, Ysl'Dae silently enjoyed the company of her allies, laughing when the little man of the group indirectly called the other woman manly in body build. The two decided that it would be best to attain some more armor from the man's room and thus had to travel to it.

Along the way, a girl fell from what seemed like out of the sky. Ysl'Dae readied her weapon and looked as though she were going to strike, but quickly eased herself when she realized the girl wasn't a threat. However, the threat soon showed itself when a squad of what looked like demons and monsters approached. Ysl'Dae stepped forward and was prepared to stand and fight, but was instructed instead to travel with the two women further into the building. She wasn't all for the plan, but she figured that if he insisted and could hold his own, then she would trust him.

"Let us hurry, we can't let him spend too long out there." She advised and hurried into the hotel area with the two. There was a drunkard passed out, but Ysl'Dae quickly dismissed him. When it came to introductions, Ysl gave a small bow and smile. "Ysl'Dae, Right Hand to the Queen." She introduced to herself in a firm tone. The two would be able to definitely tell that she has led and been in many battles, just by her tone on its own. At the top of the steps, they found the 200 rooms, but were on the wrong side. However, they were soon stopped by a silver cloaked man, who in some way shape of form, must have put a spell onto Amelia. She seemed to be falling over and Ysl' quickly grabbed the woman by the waist and held her up. Her snake-like eyes narrowed towards the man cloaked in silver. She drew her sword and was prepared for a fight in the hallway if need be.

Meanwhile, Schwartz was dealing with a rapid rise in her annoyance at the boy in front of her. His clones had went off and he was pretty much laughing in her face. Schwartz always knew the reasoning for that too and it was because of her stature and high-pitched, yet demanding tone. The petite assassin felt herself growing angrier and reaching for her weapons, a blush on her non-visible face due to the boy giving her compliments on her skin.

"You have three seconds before I fu-" Schwartz stopped when he began to speak about a secret entrance that Marigold could have taken through the Second District, to end up in the Fourth District. She relayed that information to Mari, who confirmed her information just as quickly and said she was already traveling through the sewer system as they spoke. The girl nodded to herself, then looked up to the guy's clone and then to the rest of them. They were going ham on the dragon and army and with Marigold already doing her thing, Schwartz wanted to take her frustration out on some people. "Look here, you! We're going to kill something and while your clones get the big flying lizard, we'll pick off the small fry, cool?" She asked before she leaped off the building, daggers in hand and joining in the ensuing chaos. The small girl easily mounted the shoulders of a gorgon below, snapped its neck with her thighs, then spun off of its shoulders with her blades on its neck. This motion caused the gorgon's head to sliced off cleanly and it's body sent spinning elsewhere. Schwartz was definitely ready for battle.

In the Fourth District, Marigold stepped out of the wizard's house, coat wrapped up neatly under her arm. She didn't want it to get wet or become smelly due to the sewage, but soon put it back on once she was out. This area was relatively quiet and there wasn't much going on, but the atmosphere was perfect to make an escape to. Her brisk steps picked up as she began to close in on her prey. Mari wanted answers above all else. She wanted to know who that group was, what sort of magic they used and so forth. If she could, she wanted to assimilate or at least replicate what they did, so she could use it for her own personal needs in the future. The queen continued forward, a small touched upon her lips. When she finally made enough progress, two figures were in front of her. A cloaked man who she identified as the one Schwartz spotted leaving the Third District and a girl.

"Well now, looks like you're all out of ground to cover." Marigold spoke out, her tone cold to the point of where it had the ability to chill all those who heard it. She walked towards the two figures slowly, her hips gently swayed with her movements. Her arms were crossed beneath her chest and her yellow eyes flashed dangerously. The girl had nothing to fear from Marigold, unless she gave her a reason to instill fear into her. Her eyes were locked on the man who was seemingly the ringleader of everything. Marigold's luscious white locks, shined in the paleness of the night. "I was hoping we can talk business, you and I. What you did back there was remarkable. I'd like to know your recipe for that cake of destruction.... Along with the names of those who help you in the kitchen." She played with her words because she had a slice of cake not too long ago (no, seriously, if she didn't that line would have been very different). Behind her words, she meant that she wanted to know how the robbed man did what he did, why he did so and who else was with him in his task. A deadly smile formed on her lips, giving a brief window to see the row of fangs that were pearl white in color. She was going to get her answers.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Stiers Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Third District

The chaos was starting to whittle down, in Malic’s opinion anyway. With the fight between the soldiers currently in a deadlock, his interest in it dwindled even with that odd halfling girl joining the fray. Yet what did catch his eyes was the boy from before, currently focused on bringing down the imprisoning ward that held Losthoradon. He didn’t think much of him before, but the amount of power the boy was putting into it he might just…

His thoughts were interrupted when a large crack ran up the ward, “No!

Yet he was too late. With a mighty roar, Losthoradon shattered his prison. For a moment, the fighting stopped, the devils and gorgons stepping back. Even the minotaur, whilst grasping a Traverse Town guard, seemed intimidated. The fear he created was only cemented with another fearsome roar from Losthoradon.

Panic erupted throughout the district as Malic acted fast, his thoughts running at 100 miles an hour.

Damned boy! He just had to break the ward, he obviously has no idea what he just unleashed!

The dracolich ritual is a careful process, each detail has to be just right. Younger and certain breeds of dragons, like Losthoradon’s case, lack the patience for such things and must be put into a succumbed state through special incenses. However, with the ritual disturbed in such a way, there is no doubt he is irritated and more likely than not in this state, he can not even tell between friend and foe.

He rushed over to face the dragon, shoving Veara out of the way as he did, “Out of the way, boy! You’ve done enough damage as it is!

He clapped his palms together before crouching and laying them down on the ground, “[Diabolic Chains of Imprisonment]!”

A red magic circle formed around his hands before several silver chains shot up from it, wrapping themselves around the orange dragon. Losthoradon gave several short annoyed roars before swiping his claw at Malic, sending him flying into the side wall. Malic cried out in pain, kneeling down on all fours before coughing up blood. The chains restraining Losthoradon dissipated, allowing him to give a victory screech before he turned his attention back on Veara.

Now then, mortal,” he said in a deep commanding voice, “it was a battle you sought, was it not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth District

Verloren made his way through the Fourth District, preparing himself to escape the world. He gave an annoyed sigh, the past events have been nothing short of a disaster. Not even a prophet could have foreseen what took place back in the Third District.  His superiors knew there would be some resistance, but that chain of events was unprecedented.

It was here that her heard the young woman behind him, wondering what was going on. He turned his blessed eyes on her, the Zentrum Sien, and looked into her. The girl was no doubt intimidated by him. Good, she knew her place. He pondered what he should do with her. He felt some power within her, if he could tone it down she would make a nice slave. Perhaps even sell her to a brothel of some sort, the Holy Order does require funds after all. Then another voice came from nearby and turned to meet the newcomer. Not wanting to lose his new pet, he gripped down on Tsumiko’s shoulder with a tight icy hand.

He found this woman to be fascinating at the least. She requested to talk business with him, inquiring about a ‘cake recipe’ of some sort, no doubt being a metaphor for the dracolich ritual.

He chuckled, “You wish to know about the dracolich ritual? Ha! Even if I could explain such a thing to you, I wouldn’t do so that easily. Even then, I’m doubtful of your ability to understand it.

He looked her over, “Yet, I doubt you’re one to give up so easily. Perhaps we can make it a tad easier. Even though the Church is more inclined to these sort of things, you did say you wanted to discuss business, am I right?

His intimidating aura took on an air of eagerness. This woman was not one you meet everyday, he looked forward to what she had to say next.
Amelia Stiers
Amelia Stiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Number four could see that his antics were probably annoying little adorable. Although, this isn't what he was trying to do, he felt there was nothing he could do to ease that. He could see that she currently was possibly relaying the information that he had just given her to whoever she was currently telepathically communicating with. The moment she talked and said "You!" Veara brought himself to stand at attention and listened to her words while she spoke to him. The moment she finished speaking the clone saluted the his younger. "Yes Little Adorable, Mam! By the way I'm a clone, Little Adorable, Mam!" He spoke and jumped off the edge following her running down the side of the wall. He watched her land on the gorgon, the clone landing on top of a soldier smashing him into the ground. Crushing the soldier into the ground, however he looked over and watched her carry out her actions.

The way she cracked it's neck and then effortlessly cut off its head made Veara watch little adorable in awe. "What a woman!" The clone said outloud to himself, however quickly remembered his job of ensuring her survival. Seeing that a gorgon was coming up behind her, quickly he charged forward and uppercutted the creature using full strength. The sound of the creatures mandible shattering filled the immediate area while its entire body was body catapulted and sent flying into the air from the sheer force of number four's punch. Clapping his hands he looked back towards little adorable who was already on the move and quickly began to follow her kicking his way through the enemies sending them flying into the wall.

However, everything for a moment seemed to stop. The moment after, Main!Veara felt the jolt of the barrier once again the Boulder gloves automatically desummoned themselves and he went flying into the pavement that was until number three caught him and they formed with one another once again. Able to stand up on his two feet Veara brushed himself off and looked up towards the barrier that now had a gigantic crack down the middle. He smiled at this and cracked his knuckles. "One more strike outta do it!" Veara said out loud then ran forward, however a mighty roar and Veara had to crouch down and put a hand on the ground in order to not move from the force of his roar which shattered the rest of the barrier.

All of the clones of Veara except for number four would run towards the main!veara quickly morphing with him once again, the process slightly painful since they were literally throwing themselves into him. However, before Veara could even approach the dragon he was pushed down once more being slammed into the ground while whoever just slammed him quickly tried to subdue the dragon. When Veara finally got back onto his feet, the first thing that he saw was the man that pushed him down attempt to subdue the dragon once more and he ended up being swiped into a faraway wall.

Veara didn't even have time to laugh at this, because currently in his face was the beast itself. Apparently, dragons could talk and Veara being a simple boy who had lived most of his time on islands, couldn't help but have a shiver go down his spine when the beast had initially spoken. Though, he's the one who wanted to free the beast just to beat it....but the number of causalities if there fight were to happen here would be too damn high. Veara wasn't the best talker around, but he had to convince this beast to fight at the stadium."Dragon before we start, I have a request, please hear me out." Veara ended up taking a silent gulp and deciding putting up a front was the only way to get his point across. His eyes turned completely white no longer showing his iris. He spoke in a deep voice as well attempting to be somewhat respectful."We both know the only reason you were able to get out of that barrier was simply because of my interference without me you'd still be stuck there! Being offered the innocent so that you'd work for whoever caught you while you were napping. I don't want to appease you, I want to beat you with no aid and no interference from the people. Not far from here, there is a grand stadium that should big enough for a battle between us! This is my request, for us to both go there and face each other in KOMBAT! If you win, you may do as you please with this world no one would be strong enough to stop you and you can shred me to bits. Though, if I win all I ask is on your honor you promise to leave this world be. Surely you should have no problems destroying a mere mortal." The boy spoke in a loud voice and as he spoke he walked closer and closer towards the dragon. It was time to see if he actually did have the powers to be a guardian for not only his world, but this universe. Do we have an agreement?" Veara spoke once again staring up at the dragon not budging an inch. Realizing this was sort of a moment of truth for him.

Especially since he slowly had begun to realize he just called out a friggin colossal dragon!
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 pm

As epic battles and secret plots were happening around her, in the distant background, Alyx found herself tied to a single moment as she watched what appeared to be a prisoner – her own townspeople – have her heart ran through by some psychopath, only for the wound to ooze a black sludge and out crawling a towering beast. Not really catching the words of the psychopath beforehand as she stared on in rage. With a cry to battle, she led the charge against the beast and the demonic forces, barking orders around to the captains, who in turn barked orders to their own troops. They would group up in a defensive position, and while they would lose quite a bit of lives, they would manage to hold their own, easily pushing the enemy’s forces away while maintaining their own ground in a sort of stalemate, neither forces gaining on the others while equally losing lives.

Alyx, however, began to take on the Minotaur in a one on one, eying the not-so-much-taller beast with an angry glare in her eyes and a wide, sinister smile on her face. Despite her dislike of what was happening here, she had a bit of an elated feeling in getting in her first actual fight. It was this jittery feeling which provided Alyx with that spring in her step which helped dodge the monster’s attacks, or provided enough to make the attacks on the beast hurt more; clearly enraging the beast as it did. It wouldn’t last long, though, as the Minotaur made a lucky break and connected a hit to her skull with the axe, drawing a bit of blood and throwing the woman back a few feet before she caught herself. With a feral growl, she forced herself through the wound and also began channeling her energies to force herself to become stronger internally*.

After a few moments of respite, and staring the monster down, she charged with a feral scream; sliding under the beasts attempt at a wide sweeping blow with an axe before slipping in and delivering a powerful jab to the beast’s stomach; making it step backwards as it grabbed its stomach in pain. She took this moment to charge the beast once more, adrenaline kicking in as she leaped a brought a powerful kick to the monsters beastly head, feeling a bone crack in a result of the blow. It brought the beast low, if only for a moment; where she finished off the beast with a downward swing of an axe, burying it in its neck. It didn’t stay down for long, though. Grabbing her legs with two of its arms, it gave a mighty pull, grounding her almost immediately with a solid Wham.

Her forces had barely broken through the enemies at this time, recovering from a bittersweet victory, gaining them a short respite as a few guard captains yelled orders to soldiers in order to bring back reinforcements, feeling that they would need them.

*Become The Fortress, ACTIVE. 6 posts remaining until cooldown.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsumiko Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 pm

For a moment, Tsumiko forgot to breath as she locked gazes with the man before her. Both hands clasped unto the gem-like cinch of her hood that was centered between her collarbones. She wasn't quite aware of it, her her palms were a sweaty mess and she shoulders visibly shook. Never in all her days had one person instilled so much fear in a singe glance as this man. He didn't say a word, and yet the songstress had a feeling his plans were anything but pleasant. If she weren't so afraid of looking away from those abnormal eyes, Tsumiko would have definitely make a run for it by now.

A miracle happened, though, however small. It came in the form of a woman with snow-white hair and an aura about her that, upon first hearing her speak, placed near the man beside her in terms of intimidation. As he looked away, addressing the woman with his eyes, Tsumiko thought this her opportunity to leave. Best let demons fight themselves she thought as she turned to run. Before she could even take a single step, however, a cold hand was placed roughly upon her shoulder, gripping it tight. The sudden contact caused her to jump slightly, filling her with dread. She faced away from the two, the man facing opposite the songstress as he and the woman began exchanging words. There was one phrase that caught her attention in particular.

“-recipe for that cake of destruction-”

Was this lady for real? What kind of metaphor was that!? And in this kind of situation... The image that Tsumiko had built her up to be from the two minutes of knowing her was quickly toppled. Though what the phrase was implying peaked her interest; as did the man's reaction. He spoke of a ritual, though what it did and what its purpose was was left unexplained. It caused her to wonder just what he did have in store for her. With that tone of voice, it couldn't be anything good. Timidly, Tsumiko looked up at the man's profile to see how excited he was about the woman's proposition. And then to the woman across the way with pleading eyes. She turned to stare at the ground before her and debated on running again after forcefully removing the hand from her shoulder. Figuring her chances of actually making it far enough away to call it safe was incredibly slim, the songstress abstained. For now, her best bet was to behave and wait for another opportunity with a better probability.
Tsumiko
Tsumiko
The Voice in the Dark

Directory : Tsumi's Folio

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:33 am

Marigold caught the robbed man when he placed a hand on the girl. The woman smiled at this gesture and let out a condescending laugh. She closed her eyes, but wasn't blind to her senses around her, and took in a deep breath. When she exhaled the breathe and opened her eyes, the yellow color had flashed to a deep red. She eyed the man down and took several steps forward.

"Planning to take an innocent girl hostage? How uncouth and cowardly... But that's a different topic for a different time. Right now, we're speaking business." She spoke, her voice firmer and filled with the queen-like attitude she held at bay on the inside. "Going right into what I'm asking, I want to know more about this 'Church' you work for, what your goals were for this town and if you wouldn't mind being absorbed into my little kingdom and being submitted to my rule. How does that sound? Of course, the first two things I want, being information on your church and goals for this town are required to be answered at this moment. The third option is something you all can mull over, if you leave here alive enough to tell them my proposal." She explained and her smile was eerily sweet. Marigold felt the intimidating aura this man gave off and knew that more than likely, his kind wasn't the type to just do things the easy way. Figuring this, she decided to ask her next question. "Those are my terms, what are yours, Mr...?" She asked curiously.

In the Third District, Schwartz continued to carve a path towards the Minotaur, that was being fought by a clearly more than durable woman. Schwartz used finesse and accuracy to cleanly cut through the openings the creatures summoned by the robed men gave her. She was still certain that the man who started to address her as "Little Adorable," and "Ma'am," was still behind her. Her assumption wasn't incorrect when she saw the man punch through enemies with ease, while his other clones went to work on destroying the barrier, plus what was assumed as the main one, going over to the hulking dragon and beginning to converse with it. The main body was loud and just as annoying NOT to go unnoticed.

"Christ... Hey, number 4, or whatever! Let's help out that chick with the Minotaur, yeah? She's getting the crap beat out of her, but the axe in it's neck is a gigantic opening. We can finish the damn thing off now while its tossing her around like a ragdoll!" Schwartz instructed and eventually cut through enough demons and monsters, to make it to the battle between the durable woman and the Minotaur. Schwartz put away her weapons and performed a series of quick hand signs to prep her attack. "Izayoi!" She spoke in her mind and within the radius of 50 feet, 50 daggers appeared all around the Minotaur. "Number 4, go get that woman freed from the Minotaur's hands and then I'll release the daggers. Hurry!" She commanded and held the daggers above the Minotaur. All she needed was the all clear to fire them into the beast's body, to hopefully bring it down. If not, they'll have kill the thing by forcefully pushing that axe further down its neck.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno Vale Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:42 am

Eno lands upon the rooftop of a nearby home, entering the third district. It was unfortunate, having to take a detour, but if those member of the militia saw the ex-hand as he was, then the giant wouldn’t have been able to make it here. Certainly being covered in blood was a reason to be considered suspicious, that could lead to a disastrous misunderstanding. So, to make things easier, things had to be done. At least now he didn’t have to worry about back-up. There’s a silver lining to everything if you take the time to find it, or something like that.

And now, here the once undead spirit stands, overlooking the sheer chaos in the streets below. Guards, the insignia of their home world being displayed in such a proud manner, were fighting valiantly, against the familiar grunts and black robed figures. Orders, battle cries, screams of agony, all rose to such high levels, complete with the clash of steel on plate, and the gruesome sounds of blades finding their mark.

The symphonic sounds he admittedly had come to miss, having not seen a battle of this scale since his time as Hades’ Puppet. It was enough to get the blood pumping in tandem with the magic strengthening the particles of his body. Flexing for test shows no resistance, a sign of success. Should the action keep going, he’d only get tougher. Even now, he was sure the grunts couldn’t land a significant blow anymore, though the battle-hardened members, the higher ranking officers, the adept magic users, they will be the ones to worry about now.

The dragon as well, that colossal beast would also prove a problem, one Eno would have no hope of overcoming. He had nothing at his disposal, it’d be a waste of time. But, thankfully, someone has taken the liberty of engaging it directly. While the child in the horned hooded coat might seem like a laughable opponent for a dragon, he looks to be holding his own, enough so that the dragon isn’t able to leave a lasting impression. No wonder, its in some sort of barrier, perhaps it’d be best if it just stayed that wa-

Nope, that’s not happening, the kid punched it, there’s the cracks. With a roar loud enough to deafen any unfortunate to be near it, the dragon broke free from its shell. An event that sent a chill down his spine. Living or not, you do not mess with those things. The books Eno’s people had back on his planet taught him that much.

For a moment, the combat stopped, the dark creatures, grunts, warlocks, and even the militia were backing off. Another shout from the might dragon’s maw would further dig the claws of terror into any and all who witnessed it. All but one was too intimidated to do nothing. He tried, in vain, to recapture the dragon, a binding magic being used. However, the beast was too much for it, the spell doing little more than annoying it further.

Eno figured it’d be best to simply leave things as they are when it came to Veara, “Now then, mortal,” he said in a deep commanding voice, “it was a battle you sought, was it not?” Okay so the dragon is looking make things worse. The ex-hand knew it was the perfect time to run. The adrenaline, the fear, the knowledge of death having meaning once again, it all culminated within, leaving the giant a shaking mess. In spite of that, there is plenty of excitement to go with it, when was the last time he truly risked anything? How many decades have passed since failure or success had meaning?

His eyes scan over the fights starting anew, some undeterred by the dragon’s freedom. Well, those were further away, out of immediate danger should it go on a rampage. Again, fights Eno felt wouldn’t need his aid, having plenty already. With yet another clone of Veara, and a petite elf coming down from the side of a building nearby, they might have things handled.

But, there’s one thing that the duo are too far from, something a little too close to the hooded boy and the dragon: captives. A squad of men, five in number, were remaining near the hostages, one standing out among the others, wearing armor of the blackest steel, and an intimidating claymore to match.

Though this knight obviously holds a rank among them, it wasn’t the armor, or the weapon on his back that ebbed away at the fear from the dragon, it was the dagger he held in his hands.

From here, Eno’s eyes were able to pick up a slight green tint to the blade, giving it a rather ominous appearance. Worry met with curiosity.

With his attention on them, Eno would use his the propulsion offered by his flight to jump from rooftop to rooftop hopefully without notice. As he drew closer, he could pick up their shouting amidst the battle occurring all around them.

Without warning, he had two of them bring a prisoner over, away from the rest.

“We need more reinforcements,” he explained, looking to his men, “prepare the others for harvesting.”

The woman brought for was a mess. Between the sobbing, one could hear her begging them not to harm her. Many among the crowd of captives were reaching out to her, some calling her name, but they could go no further as the remaining two held them back. The threat their tridents held over them stemming any hopes of rescue.

“If Losthoradon is free, we have no use for you as sacrifices,” even at a distance, you could hear the excitement welling in his voice, “until he’s caught again, I’ll just have to keep making more demons to bolster the ranks. I’m sure you understand right? Self-preserv-“

His words are cut short, as Eno made his appearance just a few feet away, having heard enough. As soon as the ex-servant’s boots hit the cobblestone, the knight brought his attention away from the potential sacrifice. The rage etched in the pale man’s features spoke volumes to the would-be killer.

“And yet another has come to play the hero,” he says, sheathing the dagger as he stands. It now sits securely in its leather hold, right next to a large ring of keys. Something that doesn’t go unnoticed by the rage fueled giant. “Or could you be a killer? It isn’t often one shows up already covered in blood.”

“I’m neither, I’m just here to watch, go ahead and finish what you were saying,” Eno growls through gritted teeth, his right hand wrapped firmly around the shaft of his glaive, “self-preservation right?”

“Hmph, yes. The needs of our master outweigh those of this world. I’d rather see them be met,” with a wave of his hand, the knight’s men bring the captive back to the group. The four then surround Eno in seconds, “seems we got ourselves a party crasher. Men, if you would please?”

There was not a single moment of hesitation between the order and their response. With a cry, one of the men, one at the ex-hand’s left side, would thrust his trident, putting his whole body behind the action. The air surrounding Eno is jostled about in a violent way, the two-handed weapon being the cause. Thanks to this sense, the giant is able to feel the trident coming without ever looking. While keeping his eyes on their commander, the pale man casually raises his hand, widening the gap between his middle and ring finger. This course of action takes place over the course of a second, but the grunt meets with failure.

Eno’s fingers rest comfortably on the metal in-between each metal prong, stopping the blow a few inches short of impact. While it took a great amount of strength to stop, due to his endurance rising there’d be no lasting strain, creating a deadlock of sorts between the grunt and Eno, neither gaining ground over the other.

Its then Eno turns to face him, his violet eyes alight with anger, “not cool man.” The other three mimic the actions of the first, each wanting to land a blow on him. The glaive user would react in kind through his own methods.

Still holding on, he took off into the air before they could connect. The grunt being too prideful to let his weapon go, began screaming as he was lifted off the ground. Now desperately he hangs onto the shaft of his trident. His fear is well placed, as they’re above the rooftops right now. A fall from this height would kill him, and that only makes the giant smile. He’s got this man at his mercy.

So, Eno did just that, offered him mercy in the form of a quick death. Letting go the man cried out, his shouting catching the attention of a few before he hit the streets with an audible crack. He died on impact, the bones of his corpse now poking out from the skin. When he lands again, a small distance away, this time the other three back off, now seemingly hesitant to fight.

That is until one gathered the courage to try, prompting the other two to follow up. Eno brings his hand up, aiming his open palm at the three. Within a couple seconds the once dead man would be holding an orb, the wind being its fuel for forming. The trio offered no means to dodge as they closed the distance.

Eno fired the concussive blast of air, watching as it expands over the course of its travel. By the time they see it, it’s already too late, as it collides with the one leading the pack, knocking him and then the others off their feet in a bowling pin effect. While the first was stunned by the spell, the two below him struggled to get out from under their fallen comrade.

Using his spirit to propel himself, Eno leaps over to the grounded two, jamming the blade of his glaive into the thighs of both, effectively taking them out of the battle. Once he removed it from the fourth leg he damaged, Eno brings his attention back to the would-be leader of the squad.

“C-captain!” one of the wounded grunt called out, his legs now profusely bleeding. Using his trident he’d try to stand, managing to get to his knees, but his damaged limbs would offer no more than that. He collapses, unable to be of any further use unless he crawled around.

The prisoners cheer, happy at the prospect of being freed, much to the chagrin of the captain.

“Perhaps I underestimated you,” he says, grabbing hold of his claymore, “I won’t do that again.”

Eno smirks, “I’d hope not, else you’ll last about as long as they did. I give it two minutes.” as he steps away from the fallen soldiers, his opponent would speak again.

“Grr, I’ll cut out that insolent tongue!” The psychopathic knight charges, his movements significantly faster than that of his allies. Even though he’s wearing heavier armor, he’s somehow able to move with grace, something that would’ve caught Eno off-guard were he fresh to combat. But, years of seeing things that spit in the face of expectation was commonplace.

Being sure to grasp his weapon with both hands, Eno turns to meet the knight’s strike head-on. Raising up the shaft his glaive, he stops the over the shoulder swing, the two weapons meeting in a loud clang of metal on metal. Upon impact the knight jumps back a few feet, his hands adjusting on the grip of his sword accordingly. He follows up with an angled, upward strike, only for Eno to move a half-step back, avoiding the swing altogether. The knight’s miss would be met with a thrust from the giant, only to have it parried.

Whoever this insane, monster-making knight was, he could hold his own. But, for how long? There’s no telling what that dragon could do now that it’s free, and the longer those civilians stay, the worse it could get for them. Despite the circumstances, Eno would have to try and rush this fight, or at least hold out long enough for assistance.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

[25-10 = 15MP remaining]
[12 posts since first stack including this one]
[13 stacks of Indomitable Will. Tier 2 END Reached]
Eno Vale
Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next