MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Weight of A Promise Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Weight of A Promise Skill Tree

2 posters

Go down

Weight of A Promise Skill Tree Empty Weight of A Promise Skill Tree

Post by Tyler Saikou Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:15 pm

Chosen: Tyler Saikou has been chosen by a keyblade, Weight of A Promise.

Tier One
Summonable Weapon: Weight of A Promise is capable of being summoned
Nothing Stays Locked: Weight of A Promise can be used to unlock/lock any object.
Bane of Hearts: Weight of a Promise does slightly more damage to all opponents
Promise's Weight: Weight of a Promise can harm incorporeal opponents
Replicate: Weight of a Promise is capable of creating a replica of itself. This replica only shares the unnatural durability of keyblades.

Tier Two
The Promise: A key, engulfed in electricity. Weight of A Promise is now capable of  being coated in electricity, dealing moderate electric damage with each hit. (Duration: 4 Posts) (Cooldown: 5 Posts)
Light of The Promise Unkept: A Key, struggling to light the darkness. At will, Tyler is capable of turning his keyblade entirely into black light, granting it several different effects, the primary one being enabling him to strike past barriers as if they were not there. No longer will it create light in darkness however.
Terror Circle: Weight of A Promise passively will attempt to inflict opponents with the "terror" status effect, attempting to either create fear where none exists, or empower fear that is already present, leaving Tyler himself unaffected. This  aura of terror extends for fifty feet, but is only active while Light of The Promise Unkept is active. This will not effect beings unable to feel fear, and the effects are determined on a player by player basis
True Copy: Using Replicate, Tyler is now capable of creating a true copy of Weight of A Promise, which has every skill available to the True Keyblade. If a skill is being used by the True Copy, it triggers a cool down for both Keyblades unless that ability would have no such cool down.

Tier Three:
Blade of  Promise: Holding Weight of a Promise over his head, the skies above Tyler become cloudy, black lightning coming down and striking the keyblade. When this happens, a flash of light, which will blind anyone that looks at it for half a post, is emitted from the keyblade. And, once the flash fades away, It is revealed that Weight of A Promise has taken on the form of a hellish looking backpack, capable of spawning seemingly infinite amounts of blades of black light. When not in use, Blade of Promise's arms fold up, giving Tyler the appearance of having folded wings. The blades spawned by Blade of Promise move in a linear direction where spawned, moving at a high speed unless an ability or skill slot is used to make them behave otherwise. (Note: There can only ever be twenty blades on the field at any time)
Promising Circle: Thrusting one arm out in front of him, Tyler causes Blade of Promise to spawn a circle of twenty blades around him, which then fire outwards in every direction, dealing minor damage if they impale something, and then dealing moderate burn damage upon exploding. (Cooldown: 3 Posts)
Promise Razors: Reaching up to the arms of Blade of Promise, Tyler is capable of gripping onto the claws that top the arms, and yanking them out, creating two massive sized straight bladed swords of pure light, which have turned black in color.
Promise Vortex: An aerial manipulation of Blade of Promise, Tyler flips upside down while in the air and proceeds to spin, sending a total of twenty blades firing down on his opponents, dealing minor damage upon impaling a target, and exploding to deal moderate burn damage afterwards. (Cooldown: 5 Posts)

Tier Fourth
Promise's Flight: Weight of a promise is capable of turning into a long hoverboard with sharpened edges, capable of being used for combat, or to travel the lanes between the worlds.
The Ultimate Sin: Weight of a Promise is now capable of releasing the hearts of the weak and unwilling.
Promise's Vision: Anyone within a fifteen foot radius of Weight of A Promise is now capable of seeing through illusions as if they were a transparent substance. However, illusions that can deal damage in any way, of any kind, will become outlined in a faint aura of light.

Tier Five
Redemption, Truth of Promise: The final form of Weight of a Promise, and the only one to give Tyler ranged capabilities. This form, upon activation, causes the keyblade to glow with an unearthly black light. It then proceeds to morph into what seems to be a double bladed staff. However, upon placing his off hand near the back of  the staff itself, a bowstring of  light that is black in color will form. Pulling on this string will create an arrow made of a blend of electricity and black light. These arrows are limitless in amount, and deal moderate damage upon impact. For close range combat however, he is capable of forcing the staff to split into a twin pair of scimitar that are moderately large.
The Power to Repel All: Weight of a Promise natively reflects all sources of damage that do not outclass it in terms of size. This extends to all transformations and any components of said transformations.

Last edited by Tyler Saikou on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 6 times in total
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Weight of A Promise Skill Tree Empty Re: Weight of A Promise Skill Tree

Post by Game Master Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:11 am

You lost me at Blade of promise, which seems to operate almost on the tier of a T5 transformation skill. It lacks the raw damage, but the scope of the transformation is twenty-blades at a time with no information on how they operate and no limit to their amount (the limitless bit is actually fine). Before I can make an accurate judgement, I need to know how the blades are used. Do they float and are controlled or do they just fire?

Keep in mind, a T3 transformation isn't a game-changer in and of itself. It mixes things up, makes the weapon a heavy hitter in exchange for being slow or makes it move fast in exchange for momentum damage.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Saikou Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Edits made
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Saikou Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:59 pm

Bump
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:11 am

You can not alter or augment Magic Tier.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Saikou Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Edited.
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm

I need to take a bit longer considering this than normal. I realize there is somewhat of a precedent for stat switching, but I'm going to look into it further and see if it can be more powerful or if it needs to be less. Since tiers aren't inherently quantifiable (each tier being drastically more powerful than the last) I want to be sure I handle this appropriately. I'll have an update for you sometime tomorrow.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Saikou Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Bump once more
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Since Replicate is a T1 Ability, I will only allow one additional Keyblade to be created.

Ethreal = Incorporeal for Light of the Promise Unkept. You may have a different effect.

Terror Circle will not be able to inflict fear on beings that can not feel fear. More over, what people would do under the effects of fear varies on the character and what can be justified. Some people may be rendered immobile, others may become more desperate and aggressive, and others still may become pacified. Do you have any skill trees which grant you an immunity to aura effects?

If a skill is being used by the True Copy, it triggers a cool down for both Keyblades unless that ability would have no such cool down.

For Promising Circle, please keep in mind that deeply impaling PCs and NPCs is nearly impossible due to how the Endurance statistic functions. The wound inflicted, regardless of damage dealt, would not be severe.

Promise Razors does not need a duration, but it can have one if you insist.

When you say deal damage, how do you mean? Are you referring to solid clones, or suicide clones, or both and more? This doesn't need to be noted in the approval, I simply would like to have a frame of reference for if I need to use judgement in combat.

Keyblades can already bounce and deflect certain spells. What I would do is use your Heart element, Light, to amplify these properties and grant the Keyblade a native reflect ability. This would extend to its components when transformed. However, there are some spells that may be too big for the Keyblade to reflect. That said, this Keyblade would be using reflect on Magic, Supernatural, and Physical blows, but only if you were able to parry them.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Saikou Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Edits made, and after checking I have determined that I do not possess something to make me immune to auras.
Tyler Saikou
Tyler Saikou
Blade of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down