MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots!

+3
Wielder Luna
Veara
Drake Pathos
7 posters

Go down

Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! Empty Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots!

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:12 pm

I am planning one for today or tomorrow, depending on what times people can participate. Today would occur between 8-11 PM not necessarily a 3-hour one, and it's 5 PM for me right now. Tomorrow would be anywhere from 9-10 to late in terms of where we start.

Last edited by Darius Fetch on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! Empty Re: Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots!

Post by Veara Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:20 pm

If your doing it today I'll do it

Tomorrow I be busy
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! Empty Re: Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots!

Post by Wielder Luna Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm good for either today or tomorrow~
Wielder Luna
Wielder Luna
Keyblade's Chosen
Keyblade's Chosen

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Alright, this one is going to be about the multitude of interesting topics sprouting up. I.e. the one in traverse wondering if it's done or not, the chain Vea has with others, My stuff, Aqua and Terra meeting as well as the continuation of White Walls and the topic Axis started. If anyone has other topics that might have sometihng brewing aside from the Lily v. Anti-Lily one just post here.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Wait I just realized tomorrow isn't Sunday I might be able to do tomorrow
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:07 pm

I can do today :3
Lenneth
Lenneth
The La Vaeas Of Darkness
The La Vaeas Of Darkness

Directory : Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Video added
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyblade Warrior Terra Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Alright, kids. Let's talk.

First off...you mofos couldn't come up with better thread names. If I hear y'all talkin' shit, I'm gonna kill me some foos.
xD Jk. It was the best thing I could think of. I was drinking some stuff at the time. The only alcohol problem I have, is if I run out. ...don't you judge me.

Serious talk though. I ran out of jokes. Sorry.
Nobody in the Lore Staff has gone over Castle Oblivion. We don't know what's going on with it. We have yet to establish anything. There are so many worlds and things we have yet to cover, because we have our hands full with doing the site plot presently...and even that is getting worked on here and there. Honestly? Right now? There are no real established things besides what we know from the game. Just try new things. Lore staff looks over all the active threads to see if things are alright with the game canon and the site plot. If something isn't cool, we'll let you know. Until then, we're just....doing things as we go along.

Naminé influenced the memories of Sora (and his party,) as they changed, but it was the magic of the castle itself that allowed them to come 'to life' as it were. Notice that Riku doesn't forget his time at Castle Oblivion, and yet was still able to experience the different worlds as he traveled through the basement floors. Naminé didn't influence that part of the story--it was the castle itself that generated those memories and encounters.
Since there is no Naminé in this time period (yet...I mean...Kairi is still/can be a thing here, even if she is only like eight, which means by that logic, Naminé could also be a thing...but that would require a specific bunch of triggers that are just too complex and coincidental to think about right now--the staff isn't really against the Sora/Riku/Kairi canons being played as long as they're the proper age, and played well--I mean, we have Lea up, I don't see why that couldn't be a thing, but now I'm going off on a tangent...), I shrugged and said whatever. As far as I'm concerned, it will duplicate the memories of anybody who decides to go waltzing through, as long as that individual has a heart. (Since...no heart = no memories, meaning newer Nobodies, Replicas, Dark Replicas, etc will be utterly unable to access that specific part of the castle's function.) It will even go as far as unlocking deeper memories in a person's heart, if they had some relation to the castle. <--This of course, would only effect Terra, Aqua, Ventus, and Eraqus, since Yen Sid and Xehanort are presently missing from this time period.

IE: If you were a canon that had some form of link to The Land of Departure, you'd be able to access memories from the original timeline...though they would have no real meaning to your character because of how manipulating the timestream works. It wouldn't effect the way our present timeline works--your character would only know segments of what had happened in the original reality that took place before the Masked Man's arrival--sort of like looking at a movie, you'd be able to watch, but not be able to change anything. Of course, because of the changes made in the way time has flowed, segments of those memories (specifically, ANYTHING having to do with Master Xehanort,) would be severely distorted, because he has been erased completely from time. His appearance, actions, and so on, would be completely masked from your sight as a character because...the way time has shifted has done so so much, that its corrupted the memory itself, rendering it unreadable. There would be no way to access who Xehanort was, what actions he'd caused and completed, and so on and so forth--as far as the Castle knows, it happened, but the data is so broken down that memories having to do with the Keyblade Master would just be garbled nonsense.

As for now, anybody with a heart can go into Castle Oblivion, and access their memories with the unique ability it has. However, delving into deeper or more important information, would take significant time, dedication, and effort, that would have to be shown in character. Like I said, Lore Staff looks over all the active threads and makes sure nobody is making boo-boos as far as what's okay and what isn't, and this includes Castle Oblivion.

As far as we know for sure, Master Eraqus left Castle Oblivion. Why? No idea. At this point we're all speculating. Like I said, even the Lore Staff hasn't gotten around to it. What we can conclude is that there are some Keyblade relics laying around in there, since it was Eraqus's world before he left, and his main occupation was, of course, training Keyblade hopefuls. Anything else is left up to the interpretation of people who go in there. That's not to say anything could be laying around in there...but there should be plenty of secrets and etc. to keep everybody reasonably entertained. If Billy-Joe walked in a few feet and magically found a Keyblade though...yeah, we'd jump on that pretty quick. As long as it's reasonable for something to be in a place like that, and effort was put into building up to finding whatever that something was, Lore Staff would look over it, mull it over, and give a yay or nay on it.

I picked someone at random when it came to the antis. I honestly don't contemplate who I'm managing as an Anti. I just went with the first person I saw. There will be a few more anti's (--oh god all the skilltrees I get to copy and mess around with--) but I have yet to find another topic to just drop on in where there wasn't quite enough action that would be okay for me to just throw a shadowy foe at people for no reason.
Other than that, I have nothing to do with the site plot, besides managing the Antis. This is Shirou's baby, in the same way the Hunger Games event was Shirou's idea and I just managed it to the best of my ability. All of these upcoming "seasons"--again--Shirou's baby. Questions about that should be directed to him, or Faye, who have both been hard at work fleshing out the idea. Just as a note though; none of us are going to be very talkative about it, since we don't want to spoil the surprises coming out.
Don't look at me; I just work here.
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade's Chosen
Keyblade's Chosen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Keyblade Warrior Terra wrote: (Since...no heart = no memories, meaning newer Nobodies, Replicas, Dark Replicas, etc will be utterly unable to access that specific part of the castle's function.)

An interesting concept to play with, Moon based Nobodies (characters in general?) could potentially coax out random memories from the castle itself. Meaning, they would be able to see things that happened there. Just fun plot idea stuff. First thing that came to mind.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 pm

So, is there a point in which how the castle affects those with a heart and those without changes the accessibility of some parts? I assume reviewing your memories within is a function, and the actual depth of castle is not limited to the reflection presented to you. Idk splitting attention between this and Bethesda E3 stream.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyblade Warrior Terra Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 am

Harlow wrote:
Keyblade Warrior Terra wrote: (Since...no heart = no memories, meaning newer Nobodies, Replicas, Dark Replicas, etc will be utterly unable to access that specific part of the castle's function.)

An interesting concept to play with, Moon based Nobodies (characters in general?) could potentially coax out random memories from the castle itself. Meaning, they would be able to see things that happened there. Just fun plot idea stuff. First thing that came to mind.

I mean, I guess? It would depend on how well they were with the Moon element to begin with. I mean, a shiny new Nobody obviously isn't going to be able to just walk on in and start opening things up.

It seems, according to the way the games work, every other floor is one that could potentially unlock memories. (In the game, Sora goes up a flight of stairs, through a hallway, and then up to the next floor...so technically, there were WAY more floors in CO than just 13 basement floors and 13 upper floors...I guess the paleo-Organization just wanted it to sound cool or something...) As long as the Castle itself generates cards, one can access memories on every odd-numbered floor (save the first floor,) until reaching (what is TECHNICALLY) the 26th floor. (Or...if we're counting ALL of the floors...the 53rd floor. Damn this castle is BIG.)
Just to go on a tangent, and see how fucking ENORMOUS Castle Oblivion is compared to an actual place, Sora in Kingdom Hearts 1 is about 5' 6". (This is calculated based on Goofy's official height of 6' 8".) Comparing Sora and Goofy's height to the door when they first walk in, the front doors are a whopping 10 feet tall and 8 feet wide.
Revenge of the Podcast: Latest Topics and Plots! Latest?cb=20070616082900
Now, the outer appearance of the castle is VERY misleading in that. There must be some kind of interesting magic effecting the outside to make it look smaller than it actually is. Given that both Sora and Riku traveled through a floor (that was just a hallway,) just to reach the next Card Floor (and save point,) would mean there are a total of 53 floors in the castle itself, NOT including the 14th floor, or the memory floor, which would bring it to a total of 55, and finally, the Chamber of Sleep, which would bring the total to 56.

Point is, there is an ENORMOUS amount of shit that could be in here. The only problem, is dedicating the time and character development to go and find it. I'm sure (sort of like in the paleo-paleo-paleo version of this website,) there's libraries with lots of information, and so on and so forth. There should be a lot of things still in there, if you're willing to actually look around. It's sort of a blank slate right now. Use it to your advantage.
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade Warrior Terra
Keyblade's Chosen
Keyblade's Chosen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Can I request the actual youtube link? The video won't load the plug-in for me, or something.
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks!

I watched half so far, the topics seem pretty interesting.
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down