MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Kelyx' Kombat Control EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Kelyx' Kombat Control

2 posters

Go down

Kelyx' Kombat Control Empty Kelyx' Kombat Control

Post by Kelyx Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Base Ability: Metallic Control -  Kelyx can meld Metal with his mind, melting it or  hardening it, changing its shape or moving it. He cannot use this on Orichalcum.
Base Ability Cool Down: N/A
Tier One
1st Skill: Metallic Skin (Passive)- Kelyx' skin is Metallic, making him slightly esistant to physical damage. This resistance stacks upon itself with each unlocked Tier of this tree. Because Kelyx is literally made of metal he is immune to bleeding and poison effects, and does not need to eat or sleep.
2nd Skill: Lockdown (Passive)- Any Metal Kelyx is manipulating cannot be manipulated by anyone else.
3rd Skill: Parry Bullet (Passive)- Kelyx has a bullet floating around him. Whenever he takes a close-range attack, the bullet automatically fires at his attacker. He gets one extra bullet per character Tier, but can only launch one bullet per attack. Bullets recharge on his post.
4th Skill: Weapon Mastery (Passive)- Kelyx can more easily use weapons. This results in a slight strength boost when using 2H weapons, speed boost when using one handed weapons, or agility boost when dual-wielding. These boosts cannot stack with each other, but they do stack stack upon themselves with his character Tier.
5th Skill: Summon Weapons- Kelyx can summon any one weapon style to use in battle. (Eg. Dual Swords, Greataxe, Bow and arrow, etc.) Summoning another causes the first to vanish, and he can also banish them at will. He can only summon one per post.

Inaccessible:

Last edited by Kelyx on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:28 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar fix)

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Kelyx' Kombat Control Empty Re: Kelyx' Kombat Control

Post by Harlow Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 pm

I will only be addressing your first tier.

Metallic Skin: We do not use percentages. You may get a slight increase per tier. You don't necessarily take more damage from those elements, and that's you imposing a limitation on yourself.  

If you wish to keep the weakness, you may, but this would only bump up the slight increase to a moderate increase. And you would only be slightly weaker to those elements.

Lockdown: May I instead suggest, whenever you are a manipulating metal, it is immune to manipulation by anyone other than yourself? This is indefinite and passive.

Regrowth Bullet: Commendable approach, but Nobody's may not subvert their elemental limitation.

Weapon Finnesse: No percentages. Also, the effects are determined by your agility stat. I understand the affinity for d&d, but it doesn't transfer to this site.

Summon Weapons: Just because something unfavorable happens to the created weapon, you will not be able to subvert the cool-down, but you are able to remove the weapon from play and begin your cool-down.

You may scale this ability with your tiers, and lower the cool-down to one post. Keep in mind, cool-downs start after the effect ends.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelyx Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm

Modified Metallic Skin, Lockdown, Weapon Finesse and Summon Weapons.
Would like to reiterate that Kelyx cannot control other elements via the bullet, he's just awarded a temporary one-use weapon for taking hits that he's weak to.

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 am

Metallic Skin: You only get a slight increase, but it's per tier. So, you gain 5 separate slight increases, which eventually leads to above moderate.

Also, if you're completely made of metal, and not just your skin, you will be affected by skills and abilities that target items/objects and affect metal (both good and bad, damage, restoration, etc.). They do not invalidate your stats. The natural balance to this, is that you are immune to any abilities which affect biology. And as you mentioned, you also do not require food, sustenance, etc. I'm just making you aware.

Lockdown: The immunity will have to end immediately after you cease control.

Regrowth Bullet: I'm aware, and I went and asked GM, but he said it was a no-go. Sorry.

Weapon Finesse: Remove the first line. You do not need a drawback to have the slight boost. If you want to keep the drawback, you may increase the slight boost to a moderate boost.

Summon Weapons: What I meant was, "For every character tier, Kelyx may create a basic weapon." That way you get 5 total. Second, the normal cool-down may be 1 post, and, to reiterate, you may not banish your weapons to shorten the cool-down, only immediately activate it.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelyx Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:45 am

Weapon Finesse is two separate effects. The 2H boost isn't correlated to the drawback when dual-wielding. The drawback is to offset him having two basic attacks.
Why does Summon Weapons have to have a limit on types of weapons?
Everything else has been modified.

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 am

Weapon Finesse: If they want, people may attack multiple times per post. You wouldn't need to offset that. Maybe, I'm misunderstanding you?

Summon Weapons: You originally wrote basic weapons, I was just following suit. It doesn't need that limitation, nor does it mean you can't have the same weapon created multiple times.

You also don't need the scaling cool-down. You may have a single cool-down post for the ability, for all five weapons, even at T1.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelyx Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:16 am

You understood correctly for weapon Finesse. What's the point of dual-wielding if anyone can attack multiple times with just one weapon, though?

I'm getting a bit confused on what you're telling me for Summon Weapon. The point of the skill is that Kelyx can switch from a sword to a bow to an axe to a gun to dual swords to a lance to chakrams to knuckl dusters to whatever else he can think of. He's a weapons expert, but he doesn't physically carry around an arsenal, he Summons it with magic. He can only have one style of weapon out at a time but he isn't limited to what styles he can use.

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:52 am

Mechanically, there isn't a point of dualwielding. Dualwielding is something anyone can do. There are no specific requirements for it, making it stylistic choice for combat. There are pros and cons to it, but they're all RP intensive.

Summon Weapon has synergy with your Base Ability, which allows you to, potentially, create 5 floating swords around you that you can move with your mind. While what you want is possible with that, I was operating under the assumption you wanted to use multiple weapons simultaneously.

If you want a better ability suited for that style, you can make it so once per post you may create a weapon/appropriate weapon set (bow and arrow, etc.), with the limitation that you cannot create a new weapon(set) until the original is destroyed. So, you make a sword. It gets destroyed. In your next post, you may create a new sword, or another weapon entirely. If you lose it, you may manually terminate the ability so you may create another weapon.

Is that a preferable solution? I feel it's better suited for the play style you described.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelyx Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:17 am

Weapon Finesse and Summon Weapons have been reworked

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 am

Weapon Finesse might be pushing it, but we'll see what happens.

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelyx Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:29 am

Thank you.
Note: Ii just fixed a grammar error on Weapon Mastery. It said with upon themselves, I removed the unnecessary with.

Kelyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down