MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Digitized Dreams EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Digitized Dreams EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Digitized Dreams EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Digitized Dreams EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Digitized Dreams EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Digitized Dreams EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Digitized Dreams EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Digitized Dreams EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Digitized Dreams EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Digitized Dreams

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Digitized Dreams Empty Digitized Dreams

Post by Alexander Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:44 pm

With something not unlike a flash the portal exploded open into the world, a strange mixture of milky-white and powedery-blue in coloration. The dreamy opening in space heralded the first, the second, and then a third individual appearing out of it. The first was a boy clad in armor that was a dull, matte sun-bleached blue color. It was clearly made of leather, hewn together with great precision and care. The quality was good at a glance, and the leather cuts were neither too tight nor too loose. His eyes were as red as blood, and his hair a dark, almost raven black. His young face examined the environment contemplatively.

He turned to the two things that followed him. The first was a Kooma Panda spirit. It was bright, proud, and colorful. It was Alexander's height on all four legs, and it was easily able to project its might. The other was a much smaller Eaglider, and it was perched upon the head of the Kooma Panda. The trio now stood in the middle of what Alexander was able to recognize, much to his astonishment. "Disney Town?!" His confusion was evident. The Kooma Panda and Eaglider looked at him curiously.

"No, it's strange, Kooma," Alexander replied with great uncertainty in his voice. He had been to Disney Town only once when he was younger, in the company of his mother. Still, he remembered how vibrant and alive it was. The beautiful buildings, the Castle, the assortment of colorful characters that inhabited it. But as far as Alexander had been informed Disney Town had been destroyed a couple months back. How was it still here?

His preoccupation with the absurd impossibility of the situation temporarily distracted him from the odd stares he was receiving from the inhabitants of the town. An inquisitive 'baroo' from Kooma snapped him back to focus, and he returned their disbelief. "...No way." Alexander took a step forward, looking about the group of people like he had seen a ghost. "Is this... is this Disney Town?"

While not everybody had stopped to see what was transpiring, Alexander's landing was in an open area. About dozen people shuffled around him as he spoke, while the rest of them either broke off and went back to their day or continued as if  they'd seen nothing at all. Alexander mumbled under his breath as the group approached. "This is way to weird," he reflected.

"You're telling me," spoke one of the group. It was bunny-man, as far as Alexander could tell. He was fairly short, but with the length of his ears almost Alexander's height, if they had stood straight up anyway. "We never thought we'd see somebody from the outside again!"

Alexander blinked. "You mean off world...?"

"No," Oswald clarified. "I mean from the outside."

Alexander looked around them. There was a clear blue sky above them, clouds moving with the sun shining. There was definitely wind. There were even birds. Weird birds, because they were anthropomorphic crows sitting on rooftops, but they were birds nonetheless. "But we are outside?"

Oswald placed a hand to his brow. "I see there is some explaining to do." Oswald waved at the others around him and they relented, dispersing for the time being. "Can you follow me? I'll tell you as much as I can."

Alexander looked to Kooma Panda and Eaglider, and they seemed to shrug. Alexander looked to Oswald and shrugged too. "Alright, I guess. Lead the way."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Digitized Dreams Empty Re: Digitized Dreams

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Darius' hopes were a bit too high when he traveled to Castle Oblivion. Upon returning there, he and Ellis were making right-proper introductions, but Darius ended up being sucked through the ol' hole, being sent through space to a random location. Normally, this would be a simple point in a world, however, something happened to him. It was different, he was somewhere different. This wasn't a regular world, and he could feel it. He couldn't put his finger on how or why, just that the flow of magic didn't seem natural. Feeling his spaghettified body being torn from the presence of Ellis, Darius already began freaking out. What he was shot out into had scared him because he didn't have Ellis. Like a burning meteor, the flaming boy came crashing down on the ground of Disney Town, not far form Alexander and Oswald. He smashed into the ground, however, he appeared to come from the hole he made unharmed.

Fire had charred where he landed, but no longer came off the boy's body. Only smoke streamed off of him, and he stumbled on towards the pair. "Ellis...Where are you?" He said with an exhausted voice, nearly falling down. "ELLIS!" Darius tried reaching out, but fell down. Taking a moment, he looked around the world to get a full view of where he was at. "Where's....Where's Ellis? Did you...Did you hurt her?" Scraping his fingers along the false stone, Darius' eyes began to glow and sparks flew around his body. He was ready to burn anything that stood between him and his Ellis. "Tell me where she is..." Standing up, Darius began scratching at his head in frustration. He was not calm or serene, and he was only concerned with the solace in his life, the sun that kept him bright and giddy. Throwing his hat down, Darius began tearing up and murmuring. I...I can't find her. I can't sense her. I don't know where she is, she could be in danger! I-I-I just need to find her, protect her, hold her. I need to make her safe-me safe- the sentinel needs a light to see the fields he guards. And don't mind me straying far, snakes don't like the cold and warmth keeps them forward and moving."

There was a stutter to his speech, erratic in nature and quick. He wagged his hands and paced in many directions. He began sweating as he worried. Darius was afraid, afraid of being alone and away from Ellis. He couldn't just be alone anymore, he needed her warmth. She was a piece of him he was now missing, something he needed direly. He no longer had a conscience, and she was his balance. Truly, fragmenting his mind was dangerous. But if Darius made a new friend, he'd simply create more danger for himself as the fragmentation would further itself. "Where are we?" He fearfully asked the companion leading Alexander, Oswald. He looked scared, and he normally never was scared. Maybe Ellis was a danger to him. Maybe he needed to consume her, however he wasn't plagued with such thoughts, only ignorance to her origin.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:01 pm

The sound of something hitting the earth- hard- caused Alexander, Oswald, and the two Dream Eaters in tow jerked their heads towards a smoldering crater, and smoldering boy.who stumbled towards them. He was screaming for some one named Ellis, but as Alexander made a quick glance at Oswald and then the Dream Eaters he motioned at the latter to come with him. The people were looking again, this time in shock instead of awe. There was no small group approaching this time, either. Probably because he was rambling off something strange.

As Alexander ran up to the boy, he stopped a fair distance away from where he now stood. He wasn't exactly within reach, but he could easily make out the frustration and tears that had become the boy's expression. He knelt down and picked up Darius' hat, holding it gingerly in his hands as he approached the panicked boy. Oswald took a moment to gather himself as he gazed at the pauper, realizing that this young man had too come from the outside.

Coincidences. Also known as: huh, who could have figured.

"You... you're in Disney Town, basically," Oswald confessed to the young man. "It's a little more complicated than that."

"He said we're from the outside... whatever that means," Alexander added as he handed Darius his hat. "I guess that's where you're from too."

Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Darius, exasperated, tried calming down but to no avail. The tears were streaming from his face now, and heat radiated from his body along with sparks. His eyes still glowed, his lips quivering as he continued to worry over Ellis' absence. When the man offered his head, Darius took it and continued pacing around. When the mouse told him where he was, it held no meaning to him other than he's never traveled to Disney Town before. So frustrated, Darius just screamed continuously. He outstretched his arms downward and tilted his head up, letting out the scream of a young adult. Fire swirled up his body, but faded once he stopped. Rocking backwards, he fell without injury into a sitting position, sliding his hat downward to keep people from seeing his tears. He couldn't go without Ellis. He couldn't resist the terrible thoughts swirling in his head, consuming him over the fact that he'd killed children. Without his red nose, he would just stray into the wilderness of the unknown, endangered by his recklessness and lack of forethought. But he'd have to regrow that aspect, and that's not even what he cared about. He thought she was in danger, too fragile to wander on her own.

Darius was shaking, bad. He couldn't help but sob at the fact that Ellis could die and he wouldn't be there to save her. Tsubot wasn't with them, so she was still alone, without a sentinel to watch over her small body. When the man implied they were inside and there was an outside, Darius looked to the skies. It could explain why the area felt different, however he couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. "Is there a shop I can rent a ship from?" He said worriedly, turning to the mouse. Depending on his answer, Darius could determine what kind of place they were in. It seemed to be a regular world, however anyone with a grasp on magic can tell when the energies they touch day in and day out are different in flow and frequency. "Can I....Can I ask what you two mean? If it's complicated, then don't play checkers like I'm adolescent, play chess. I am not some child who bounces across fields without sense, I am a stallion who calculates every move...Most of the time. And you, who are you?" Darius pointed towards Alexander after trying to goad the mouse into explaining what the world was.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Oswald placed his hand to his head again and heaved a heavy sigh from his throat. His rabbit ears flopped over his face as he removed his hand, motioning to the both of the boys. "There is no ship-shop here, kiddo," said Oswald with great pity in his voice. "Look, I was just taking this young man here with me to give him the skinny," the rabbit sauntered up to the boy as calmly as he could, placing himself in front of the boy in a non-confrontational manner. "There's a lot to go over, and I have a place more suited for us to hash our the details. But I promise you: there are no ships that can take you off this world."

"I mean, I assume it is complicated," Alexander answered Darius more directly. "But he hasn't really told me anything yet myself, so there really isn't anything I can help with..." Alexander let that linger before throwing in an apology. "My name is Alexander," he answered back to Darius. "I just kind of... stumbled here. Like, right before you got here, actually." He laughed nervously. "Kind of weird, huh?"
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Darius nodded, eventually calming down as he pinched the bridge of his nose lightly. He needed to get a grip over himself, and losing his had wasn't going to help him find Ellis. Exhaling, he just shook his had and followed Oswald wherever they would be taken. Darius was doing multiple breathing exercises to try and slow his heart and mind, for both were burning ferociously. If he didn't calm down, he'd just increase the risk of stroke rather than make progress. When Alexander said he'd just arrived as well, Darius felt he needed to clarify why he was there. "Well, I was cursed by some magic and now I get shoved through a hole every once in a while. Now my...friend...is alone and sh-they can't defend themselves without me." Darius had a sad look on his face, especially since he couldn't escape this world through a ship. There was something deeper than its appearance, something justifying why Oswald implied it was still inside of something. "All these creations I have, and space is still truly the final frontier. A finicky thing, both in scope and in magical presence. Damn mages."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Alexander followed Oswald as he lead the pair to Disney Castle, of all things. On the way, as Darius explained himself Alexander did too. "Wow," Alexander replied to Darius. "I really don't know what to say to that. That sounds... jarring. I don't think I could handle it." He chuckled nervously, trying to be friendly but trying to not demean Darius' situation. He was so terribly bad at informal situations, but it was something he was working on. After all, while one didn't need to talk to people like people to be a sovereign, Alexander had grown in the past few months to see value in the small interactions.

Now, if only he could actually pull them off that would be splendid. "I came her sort of randomly too... I wouldn't have expected to wind up in Disney Town of all places- I heard that it fell to Darkness a while back. It's so weird to be here now, knowing that. It's like we found a ghost." Alexander spoke near a state of wistful remembrance, but his more chipper naivety shown through in the end. He came across as somewhat aloof to the situation- after all, to Alexander this was another adventure, and he'd no idea what he'd actually stumbled into.

The large Dream Eater sauntered next to him as they walked with the smaller one perched upon its head, and Alexander looked to them as if they had spoke. "Well, no. I don't think that'll be an issue Kooma." The Dream Eater did make a noise this time.

"Baroo."

"Stop being pessimistic. We aren't dead, silly bear."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Darius looked at the Dream Eaters in envy, wishing Ellis was by his side so that he could confide into someone. Darius wondered what a world consumed in darkness was like, it certainly couldn't be what they stood in now. Scratching his chin, Darius wondered where Oswald was taking them. He needed to be patient, but that wasn't exactly his kind of thing. The nervous creature leading them was indeed suspicious, but the other guy. What a damn ditz. Darius delved deep into his mind, closing his eyes as they walked. Pulling from the depths was...normal Darius. The Darius everyone saw and made assumptions about. The punk. "Well, right rickity cocks. That explains nothing. I think a few pipes for the pipers would please us and keep our pipes from pipin' steam, aye." Darius now switched to a giddy step, snapping his fingers as he ran around while following. He pulled out his notepad, sketching everything he could see. From what he saw previously to what they walked into. It was glorious detail, ripe for his mind and allowed him a deeper knowledge of the place.

Little did he know, some fatass ate up the original world and he stood in its shadow. The shadow of data that could be used to restore the image of Disney Town given the right technology. But, Darius wouldn't know about that for a while. "Aye big pooh, no need to be afraid. If we're dead then I'd be surrounded by 71...err was it 72? Nah, definitely 27 plots for love-gardenin'. Untouched ones at that." Darius made vulgar movements to accompany his implication, but he'd likely shoot a ball over Alez's head and that was the joke being thrown in the foul. "I ain't happy~ I'm feelin' glad -- Got sunshine...in a bag." Darius switched between singing, humming and whistling a tune as he awaited whatever answer to the great prophecy of being an vague dick as Oswald was.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:31 pm

The bear tilted his head at Darius' words, clearly ignorant to what Darius meant. Then again, this was not surprising. Kooma Panda, despite Alexander's ability to communicate with it, was able to do so on a more empathetic level. It's grasp of language was actually very poor, with Alexander being a special exception due to rather unique circumstance. Alexander didn't get what Darius meant either, however this was because he was sexually innocent and not familiar with linguistic play regarding matters of love-making.

Alexander did laugh though. Even though he had no idea what the boy was saying, he did like his mode of speech. "Heh," he expressed, "I enjoy the way you talk." It was amusing to say the least, and Alexander had never heard somebody speak like that before. It was a foriegn accent to be sure, and Alexander himself, with his limited interpersonal interactions, was only truly used to 'proper' modes of speech consisting of large, fanciful words and clear annunciation. Clearly, as he had been learning over the past few months, this was not the case of all people who spoke.

"Oh, you like singing?" Alexander's eyes lit up as he traced over Darius' face, trying to gauge his reaction. "Kooma taught me a very cool song, once." He looked to the bear. "Isn't that right Kooma?"

"Baroo."

"Precisely." Alexander nodded his head in affirmation. They were still a few minutes from reaching the Castle, so time needed to be passed anyway, right? "Would you like to learn it, uh..." And then Alexander realized. "Oh, shoot! I forgot to ask your name! I don't mean to be so rude, sir. Please accept my apologies."

"Baroo."

"You didn't ask either, Kooma!"
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Darius chuckled with how silly Alexander was being, and in truth it was a nice diversion to keep him from tearing down buildings in search for his friend. He knew Ellis should be back at Castle Oblivion, and he couldn't do anything without a ship. The kid was irrational, but he knew how to distract himself from the crawling depression silently eating away at him. He just needed to keep the ruse of giddiness going or else he would be consumed by fear and anger. The more Darius strayed away from the situation at hand, the more he would open himself up to self destruction and a pointless resurgence of the radical nature he tries to control. Darius rose a brow when the boy mentioned his own kind of song. Before continuing to agree to learn it, he'd tell his name. "Well, boy-o. The name's Darius. Darius Fetch, a real pro at the fetch if you catch my drift. I mean, I'm a bit aloof, but not sure if you're picking up the spoofs. I know I have some Sallies saying I have lots of spunk" He chuckled with a sinister double-meaning to his words before continuing on. "Anyways, tell me the tale of that there song you referrin' to." Oswald was quiet, which Darius let go for the time being, but he'd eventually be privy to the intentions of the dear mouse. He needed to know where they were going.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:20 pm

"Darius. Cool name!" Alexander grinned as he nodded excitedly. He turned to Kooma, grabbing the dream eater's arm. "Come on Kooma, how did it go?"

"Baroo?"

"The song," Alexander implored. He gently tugged on the dream eater. "You taught it to me for when Betahni was being mean, remember?" The dream eater tilted its head and scratched it's ear, before nodding suddenly and beginning to to rock its body in a rhythmic fashion. It jimmied and jivved as it kept pace with Oswald, and Alexander began to mimic its movements.

"Baroo baroo baroo baroo, baroo baroo baroo baroo. Baroo baroo baroo baroo baroo."

Alexander began to sing along with the creature. "I mean the bare necessities! Old mother nature's recipes that brings the bare necessities to life."

He laughed and danced as they walked after the rabbit, who had been silent for a time. He was otherwise preoccupied with his thoughts, deep in contemplation about the sudden appearance of the two. It meant that there was a way out of this place. Oswald understood they were actually in a digital world. The mechanics of how escaped him, as they were beyond his comprehension and never actually explained. He was almost completely oblivious to the escapades unfolding behind him with Alexander and the bear.

"Baroo baroo baroo roo--"

"--or a prickly pear--"

"--baroo baroo baroo--"

"--next time beware--"

"--baroo baroo baroo baroo roo--"

"--when you pick a pear--"

"--baroo baroo roo--"

"--but you don't need to use the claw--"

"--baroo baroo baroo baroo baroo--"

"--have I given you a clue?" Alexander looked to Darius, that grin still spread across his face. "The bare necessities of life will come to you, they'll come to you!"
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 pm

As Darius walked, he gave Alexander a listen and as the tune started, something clicked in his mind. He would try to pick up the lyrics, but for now went with letting the wind of his whistle alter the sound and it would sound as if instruments were blending with the tune. Snapping his fingers to the rhythm, Darius put a bounce to his step and they were off into a musical. After Alexander and Baroo's verse ended, "This tune...I've heard it somewhere before. I don't know, but it's like an ol' drinker's folly, spreads through the mouths and ears of the masses!" And as he said that, Darius began picking up on the lyrics. "Oh, the, BARE NECESSITIES! Of life will come to you -- They'll come to you!" Darius sang in his jazz-like way that he was proficient, keeping a happy tone to it. Beginning to tap dance around the false stone, Darius would continue the tune as the two would sing it. He'd wait for Alexander to start the verse, keeping an eye on his mouth so that he could follow along with the song. It was a happy time. When the song ended, he would need to question the mouse.

"Look for the...BARE necessities

The simple bare necessities~
Ba-dum-bum-b-bum~
Forget about your worries and your strife~
I mean the bare necessities
Da-dum-bum-bum-bum~
That's why a bear can rest at ease~
Da-dum~
With just the bare necessities of life!"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:19 pm

As Alexander, the colorful bear-thing, and the pauper pranced and cajoled in his wake Oswald had finally managed to lead them into the castle. The group danced all the way in, and they danced as Oswald lead them to a study near the throne room. The room they had entered was but a modest size with a large desk in the corner, with an even larger computer on the far wall. Aside these it was lined with shelves full of cartoonishly thick tomes of all different colors.

As the small parade would enter behind him, Oswald would close the door. "Alright kids, alright! Let's get down to brass tacks and not get hung up on childhood wonder just this moment." He tried his best to bring them all to heel, moving to the desk as he shuffled about the drawers and desktop for something. "Okay, so, I just have to find a thing and I can get to yapping. I won't be able to concentrate otherwise." Almost immediately after saying that, he pulled a folded slip. "Aha, this is it. Okay then."

Oswald began to walk to the large computer as he also started to expose the current situation. "So, the short version is that we're all trapped in a giant computer. Not everybody in this town knows that, because it would freak everyone out. Any questions so far?"

Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Darius began brainstorming as to how they could be inside a computer. It could be possible that there was some sort of science behind disassembling matter and then converting mass into energy, causing them to all be electrical beings of some sort, or "Digital". It could be possible that the technological preface of things is what is assumed and really what it is, is another world. Another rock with a heart, and that a gateway or bridge was built between the two, and that they were inside a new realm of things. An artificial realm. But Darius couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was without the proper amount of knowledge on the biology of the "Digital World". Scratching his chin, he rose a finger to the mouse to ask his simple-ish question. "If we are within a digital world, does that mean we are simply models of ourselves built from destroying our bodies and converting into molds of energy? Like turning gasoline into fire. Which means that such mechanics exist to where...mhm." Scrawling away at his designs, Darius ignored the few around him, spewing concepts into his notepad.

It was a perfect replica of something that was implied to exist outside of the digitized worlds. If Alexander and Darius were trapped there, so were others and that meant that the gate needed to be open or the bridge lowered. People needed to be freed or let in, and this well of knowledge needed to be tapped into. He looked around him, assuming if he kept a map of the digital world, he could use it on the real thing. Little did he know, however, it was destroyed and the section they were in was locked. Darius then thought that maybe Oswald was wrong and there was something identical to the world he knew. Like two things being exactly the same, just existing in two separate points. The world could be a perfect copy of the one Alexander knew, they were just on that identical rock. "Is it possible that this place is simply identical to the place you guys know? I mean, with all the variation, there is bound to be at least one thing identical to another. Never is one an only child when a twin dances away in a far, far distance."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Oswald looked at the boy amid his technical ramblings and scribbling. The first thing string of thoughts he spun out seemed so utterly tangled in itself to the rabbit that he ignored it first out of habit like one would an inquisitive child. Oswald barely even understood how this strange, digital world functioned despite being here for so long. Out of a hidden repulsion he turned to Alexander and his colorful bear, and the eagle-like creature perched upon his head. "So, the main issue is that our kingdom's leadership had a bit of a contract with the leadership of another kingdom, Radiant Garden. I trust you've heard of it?"

Alexander nodded. "A world that lives up to its name, truly."

"As our former sovereign would agree, I'm sure. Yet in his absence the Heartless beset upon Disney Town. Our precious cornerstone that lay in the Castle's depths must have gone out, or maybe it had never kept them at all and we only imagined such. In either case, our world was under attack. Our alliance made itself known, and the leader of Radiant Garden used a special terminal she had installed in our castle to bring us here-- to Data-Disney-Town."

"Is it safe here? Are you guys protected?"

"We are safe here, but this is little more than a gilded cage. We are not data like the programs that occasionally walk this world.We are stuck here, locked in a perpetual motion. We do not age or tire, but we can not leave or dream. And until you two appeared, we feared ourselves stuck in this place forever. Shortly after bringing us through the Space Paranoids to this place, she locked down the ways we thought would work without a word." Oswald shrugged half-dejected.

"How strange. Could something have happened to her?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I can't speculate with two miracles right before my eyes." Oswald walked over to Darius contemplatively. "One from the sky, and one from whatever passes for stars in this place. If you two got in, then we can get out."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Darius looked around him as the two discussed, still hearing them to collect more information but looking in awe at the area around. This was a perfect replication of a world. A perfect simulation, all digitized and placed within a network of computers. Some sort of core acted as the database, but also linked all of the worlds. He took careful steps, wondering how complex the simulation was. Whistling in amazement, he chuckled. "This is...AMAZING! Wow, the infrastructure is so in-depth for whatever it's based on. This would be amazing to study, if I knew how." Darius did wonder what they were talking about, wondering if they were speaking on politics. Why would citizens speak on politics.? "Mind if I ask what you two are talking about? Leader? Why wouldn't you be moved into a real world? You don't just shove humans into a digital world. You may survive, but only misery rises. Misery stands taller than survival at times, when the option to squash it is refused." Darius signaled with his hands with pen and notepad in them. He continued to map out the area around them. "I should tell you, how I got here. I can travel through space via portals, however I can't control it. It's marked me, and now...I've...been...separated from my dear Ellis. Damn mages." Heat began radiating off the boy again from his anger, however it calmed down eventually. "I think if someone who can harness space magic can tap into it, they can keep the hole open long enough for us to escape. Either just long enough for a few, or long enough for many. However in the event that it is few, Alex and I could try and find the flood-gate control. I'm not promising a safe other side, though. It's random."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:12 pm

"I can open a portal," Alexander suggested "I even could arrange for a place your people could stay- all of them. Keeping the portal open wouldn't be too hard for I don't think." He looked earnestly at Oswald. "I don't feel comfortable asking, but if I brought you to that world, I'd first need a little time to establish what would be what. A few days at most, if we did that. Would that be... acceptable?"

Oswald shook his head. "I'm grateful to you- both of you," he scanned the two of them, a thankful but dejected expression upon his brow. "I won't say don't prepare a place for us, because I now know we can get out of here. Somebody knows we're here, so we have hope to leave. But I can't risk a portal. We've been here far, far too long. If we left through a portal... I'm afraid we'd vanish in the real world. We're data now, and nothing more. At least, this is my fear. Unfortunately the only way for us to know for certain to be willing to kill somebody. There is another way out of here, though. We just can't get to it yet."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Darius tilted his head, wondering if the assumption they'd simply vanish held any grounds. If that was true, then wouldn't Alex and Darius die as well? It wouldn't be a matter of assimilation, and whatever technology was behind the world used some sort of disassembly and reassembly device with matter conversion. But he didn't exactly know what allowed such a concept to come into play. "I don't think someone would make you guys assimilate to the nature of the beings originating here. If we are inside a computer, things originating here in terms of creation should be different. We came into here, if you're right...well then we're all dead as soon as we step out. That just isn't logical. It'd be too risky to put you here, it wouldn't be saving you at all." Darius was suspicious of the creator of whatever box they were stuffed in, however the person responsible for moving people into the DDT seemed ghost. He'd think they'd check up on the LIVING PEOPLE within the world everyday. Furling his brow, he saw yet another poison to society.

"If you people have been left here to die, I think it'll be about time to pay the leader a visit. I don't think I'll go my usual route, no it'll be direct." He spoke to himself towards the end, a terrible plot brewing on the inside. But maybe instead of destroying opportunities he could take a role for himself and show the world what could be done. He could show Radiant Garden the way to prosperity. But the boy was afraid of the risk it'd bring his friends...especially Ellis. His heart fluttered whenever her name crossed his mind, actively trying to avoid thinking about it. "Look, I'll stay here. I'll wait for a while. I will then leave eventually, not by my own will. That's how the mark works, but by then I should be assimilated if that is what happens. I will return. And we'll see what the verdict is. Is that a plan?"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Something inside Oswald seemed to turn very bitter at the cockney one's assertions. He locked up for a moment, his face darkening, and his hands coming together behind his back as he turned away from the boy and stared out of a window in the office. His eyes traced the whole of the digital prison that held them, looking over the people as they walked about the town... as they tried to pretend that nothing was amiss. Something welled up inside of Oswald, something hateful and acidic in the bit of his stomach.

It spilled out of throat and into his mouth, these angry words but he kept his lips tightly shut at first, feeling angry tears well up silently in his eyes. Despite his best efforts, the poison that welled up in his cheek leaked out, dribbling from his lips and into the still air. "Did you even hear me?" It was quiet, a whisper but audible enough to make out in the small room, as well as the faintest tremor in his voice.

Alexander instinctively took a step back, and this proved to be an intelligent choice. Oswald immediately roared in anger, his small form assailing the desk and throwing the materials off of it right where Alexander would have been standing. Alexander was jarred and shivered as though there were a chill in the air. Oswald stood behind the desk, his body shaking as angry tears poured from his wide eyes. "You came in here through a portal. We were digitized," he spat. "We were turned into data and downloaded! We're just imaginings inside of this computer's brain!" He sunk to the floor, his anger turning into despair.

"We're just...we're just..." he started sobbing, unable to get his words out. Alexander looked back and forth, unable to take any form of side. Sure, Darius was a little quick to the draw despite of the Rabbit's  concerns, the reaction from Oswald seemed almost too extreme. The rabbit couldn't even finish his sentence, streams of rage pouring down his face. The sobs quieted, but the crying continued. Oswald spoke again, almost shouting. "We're just digitized dreams  now, with memories of whatever we once were. If we leave the wrong way, then reality will do to us what it does to any other dream. We'll disappear. I am certain of it. We'll cease to exist."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Darius didn't budge. He didn't twitch. He didn't move. He was cold, ironic despite his fiery aura. He awaited for Oswald to finish his tantrum, taking a step forward as his expression intensified. He understood something much more likely to be the truth than one specific way making the people digitized. Darius assumed that if he and company were also digitized in order to enter the world, that'd be the ultimate rule of things. Otherwise, how could the group enter the Datascape? Or, as far as they knew, Digital Disney Town? "Yes and you're not understanding something simple. How are we here if you are digitized and we aren't? What explains that? There is something converting, and it HAS to work both ways. " Darius held a wildfire fireball, holding his hands together like he was holding a chalice. Tearing his hands apart, he separated the fire and wind. A gust of wind tore from the fire, forming a sphere in one hand and a calm flame in the other. They vanished shortly after.

" 'Digital' must be the wind and reality the fire. Wildfire. You were made digital, but clearly this wasn't done without knowing you'd be safe. Why would you be put here instead of on another real world? Simply put, if you were just shoved here, you'd already be dead and you'd be representations of your former selves if absolutely you become digital and what you assume is true about the outside. Or you were intentionally made to be trapped here. But if it requires a specific process, then how would we be here? Simple. The tree has roots and pathways for food, and many spots for sun. Photosynthesis has multiple faces, and the possibility of presence has the same. And the possibility of entrance is the same. Many faces, many ways, many attributes. Don't be ignorant. I will stay here if need be. I will leave and find whatever way you were entered here and enter through there. I will then exit and maybe return. Or not. I'll do that so you don't stagnate all these people just because of your cowardice." Darius realized he was being too proper with the mouse, putting a bounce to his movements as his voice went from proper to rougher and ruder.

"I mean, right proper of a mouse, right? Properly cowardice with the mouse tail in between the legs and entangling the eyes. Blind as bat, fear like mouse, ignorance like man. I can't stand, the male version of simple Sally sallying the place with stink and stupid. You want to ruin lives with blind eyes? Ha. I bet you'd make as good a leader as..." Scrunching his face, Darius spit at the ground. He realized referring to the dead mayor might set off some alarms. Blind leaders were all the same. "My death. Or survival. That example -- if needed I will do it, mouse. Or rabbit, you know you have extra-long ears. Couldn't discriminate from the noire. Look like a mouse all the same to me, with how you fear death. I laugh at it." Because I have nothing to lose but Ellis...and if she's lost. Then death is gladly accepted. Darius wasn't going to let someone's fear of change determine the lives of others if he offers his own up for testing.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:14 pm

"Your logic is so flawed," Oswald spat at him. "I expect nothing more of a stupid, pauper of a child! Do what you want! Your input is nothing to me. Those people you say I would make stagnant? We have a way out that may well be as simple as sending one or both of you out of here to Radiant Garden and releasing us, and you want to risk lives?!" He stood up,tears still staining his face. "Then I hope you leave this world soon. All you've come to do is destroy us. So go. Laugh at death. You've probably never had anybody to care for, and that's why you're so fine with dying. I'm sure whoever that Ellis you were screaming for would be safer without you, if you such a reckless fool."

He then turned accusingly to Alexander. "And what about him? Are you of his mind, too?"

"Uh..." Alexander looked between him and Darius. "Look, I'm not actually involved in this argument, so please don't involve me. I'm not taking charge of a rescue attempt, I'm just offering to do what I can. Honestly? I don't know what a computer is. I don't know what a digitize is either. If you feel so strongly for your life, but you think there is a way out that keeps you and the others safe... I literally don't know enough to argue that point."

Oswald lingered on Alexander a moment more as if surveying him, only to turn away while addressing him. "Then meet me in a few hours in the town square if you can. You can stay and 'not fear death' for whatever good that does you and this Ellis, whoever that may be."

Alexander felt something crawl up his spine. Something potentially bad was about to happen.
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Before the Ellis comment was made, Darius clenched his fists, fire bursting from his body. His eyes glowed orange, bright veins forming patterns across his body and shining through his clothes. The more he was enraged, the more his body was getting closer to exploding. One day, it'd come to a cataclysmic climax, but for now he kept it under control. "Wait, so you aren't refusing a way to leave? But you just said you are fearing that you'll vanish? You are just the same as most "adults" with your supposed superior logic rejecting something that goes against it! Just the --" Darius snapped. He lost control, dashing forward and ready to ring his right hand around Oswald's throat. With his other hand, he'd charge wildfire. Nothing could be done to control his rage if someone insults Ellis. But as soon as he put some thought into it, he regained his senses. Letting go of the rabbit, Darius stumbled back and fell to a laying position.

Consumed by revelation, the boy realized that the past few months have been him trying to fill up for what he had done in Twilight Town. He had been trying to ignore his mistakes, project them onto leaders and while there was some point to what he believed, he knew the heat of his sun was too mighty. He knew that the heat from his body was too dangerous. No mater what Ellis...or Faye or even Tsumiko told him, he was a bringer of destruction and ash. He was just a child. A punk. Someone who made mistakes, and he had killed children and ruined families. He had destroyed the lives of others and kicked the Hornet's Nest, sparking even the death of a mayor. He enabled Hayden without knowing it, and he still didn't know who killed Amadeo was. Darius' flames went out and he stared off into the distance. He wouldn't say much, and even if they walked away, he'd continue to stare into the distance. Few words would come from his mouth, until he said..."You're right. You're absolutely right. I am...risking lives. I am risking the only person in my heart that I know I love's life."

Darius' tone dropped from the punkish attitude. He was monotone, none of the energy he had. He was fragile. Oswald could take this as an opportunity to roast him, disregarding the experiences the boy has had. How much he has seen for his age. If they were to stay moment, Darius would ask Oswald a question. "Have you...seen the skies before? I mean...have you really seen them? Stars you could reach with a ship, Castles to reach at the crevices of the skies. Worlds of wonder, worlds brought down with fire. Maybe if you leave this place." He'd pause for a moment, and even if they left, he'd talk aloud. "Maybe you can see what makes me burn bright. What made me burn bright. What'll make you burn bright if you make it out of here." Darius needed that moment of truth, that moment where he was told he was a danger. More specifically and exclusively, a danger to the wisp that he gave birth to, a wisp that was held to a higher regard than any other being, despite her size. He only really cared about her well-being, and if she died, he'd let his demons take him and punish him for what he's done. Someone was bound to come after him.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Alexander had a pretty good read on the situation before it escalated. Darius was obstinate and angry. Oswald was stressed and finally starting to see a light at the end of whatever long tunnel he'd been lost in. From what Alexander could tell Darius was a hot head who wasn't listening to Oswald's concern that death was imminent. Oswald was refusing to consider the other options Darius had presented, because lack of solid information made him believe Darius' plans were taking unnecessary risks.

So, both of them were stuck in a hard-headed mode of thinking. But, despite this, Alexander instinctively empathized more with Oswald. Being a young political leader himself, he understood the weight of a choice like this and why Oswald desired a sure-fire method versus one that, if it wasn't done right, would result in death. Caution was best. These people weren't exactly on a time limit, from what he understood. They probably would like to be released as soon as possible, though.

Yet, Darius was the first to make personal attack. Oswald followed up surprisingly quickly with one of his own, though his was more pointed and sharp. Darius lunged at him, and Alexander felt himself tense up immediately. He wanted to reach for his gun, but was lethal force appropriate? In Alexander's moment of hesitation Kooma was on the move at Darius, who had just started choking Oswald. Alexander stumbled forward, his footing as confused for a moment as his head.

In that same moment, Darius let go of Oswald. Alexander managed to stop, but Kooma was much too large to halt on a dime. "BAROO!" It called as it tipped forward, trying to balance on its foot. Alexander turned around, his eyes widening as he tried to hold Kooma on balance.

"Kooma! Relax!" The bear did as instructed, and then Alexander and he were at a stalemate. At that moment, Eaglider landed on Kooma's head and the large bear began to tip forward again. Oswald had nearly recovered himself as Alexander and Kooma toppled over top at Darius, surely burying him under their weight. Eaglider flapped its wings, landing on Kooma's back as it cawed triumphantly.

Oswald was brushing himself free of ruffles, checking his throat. "Of course I'm right," Oswald criticized. "You think that admitting that makes it okay to choke me?!" The rabbit was exasperated. "Of course I'm not refusing a method to leave, you fool! Have you not been listening? Just because because I don't like your solution doesn't mean I don't want one! That's why you're still a child."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Darius shook his head, despite his own personal loathing, he still thought Oswald was ignorant. He still only saw the boy as a child, nothing more or less. He thought the child was an idiot, when he was simply misunderstood. Blanketed by the bear, Darius used his might to push the pile away from being on top of him. Sitting up, his face was stern, looking to Oswald. His tone was more serious this time, disregarding his usual wit. The rabbit was unable to understand it, after all. "I understand you misunderstood, but you are simply an ignorant adult blinded by age. You feel you're right to make me feel terrible? To attack me? The pen is mightier than the sword." Darius looked away calmly, he realized his mistake, and he knew he was wrong. "Am I still a child if I admit I'm wrong? No. I'm a person. Can you do the same? I'm willing to auction my life." Making a fiery statue on his hand, he replicated Ellis. It didn't move, simply acting as a display for his companion.

"Because of the sum of my past. But you want to separate us as grown and young. You are of few dimensions, Rabbit. And you don't insult a man's love when she could be in a lot of danger." Darius shuttered at the thought of Ellis being injured. She couldn't take much, it didn't require much to kill her. Someone could simply...close their hand. Darius closed his, and the fire burst and squeezed through the spaces in his hand. "It's people like you who keep me on edge. Separate me from everyone. Don't take time to understand, and no I'm not some kid saying this because it's all in my head. I've been cast out of a community for trying to be a bright light. I didn't sit down and shut up. I didn't become some slave to society. And now I travel the worlds." Darius stood up, brushing himself off. "I apologize for the way I behaved. Maybe it's my own fault people don't understand me. But, let me ask you this, do any of you know anything about technology? Or are you going to just disregard that need because a 'child' said it? Rabbit, if you're a leader, you need to make mistakes and risk things. I know you shouldn't risk lives." Darius removed his Nitro Charger just to marvel at its mechanical nature. It glowed and had a sharp look to it.

"But tinkering is a definite need. Experimentation. I'm willing to be a rat and a scientist at the same time, you don't need to risk the lives of your people. But my way is too risky if you have an actual alternative." The whole time, Darius spoke in a monotone voice. It was likely a moment where he was exhausted and couldn't guise himself with the punk that he's come to know. In a way, Darius had his own Stephan and he was an Urkel. If Oswald chose not to listen to him, then that would only come to prove that Darius had his flaws, but Oswald was simply blind. "Besides, it'd make a lot of people happy if I was wrong about something and I died. A lot of people. Rabbit, I've made terrible mistakes and I continue to make mistakes and I am no leader. But being a leader isn't the very core of being an adult. These are just social boundaries we create. We mature when we mature, not when we become cowards or radicals. It's about...admitting defeat." Darius looked down at his Nitro Charger, considering something welling up on the inside. Something that'd be the easy answer to everything. Something that would break the heart of some, but mend the hearts of many. If he clicked the button, bit down, it'd be over. Fin. Done. Conclusion, roll credits and all that jazz.

But Darius was being unfair to his companions, to a degree. Disregarding the happiness Faye instilled in him or the encouraging words Tsumiko said to him. He would just keep burning bridges. It'd only be a matter of time before everyone knew about him. About what he did. It didn't matter how cliche he was as a radical, or how he overdramatized things or how many imaginary friends fragmented his mind. No matter the regrets, no matter the friendships keeping him afloat, he was a terrible person and needed to die or work to make up for all the death. Which he would choose would be a decision made when the time comes. Someone was coming for him. Someone was going to make him pay. But no matter what he chose, he would need to push forward and see it to the end. Giving the death the people of the worlds deserved, dying in a blaze of glory, or continuing his work either as a radical or a synthesis master; he needed his resolve to be strong. Like out of those cheesy Land of Dragons novels. "Assuming you people didn't walk away and I'm not just here alone staring off into the distance, who here knows of the world, the Kingdom of Dreams?"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:39 pm

The Rabbit did disregard most of what the boy said, even as Alexander listened to some of the speech. As Kooma and himself were rolled off of Darius, they stood up rather quickly for being a ditz and a bear. "Save me the sob story," Oswald scoffed. "Everyone has a sob story, and while we may be in a digital world kid this is still reality for whatever that's worth. Nobody measures you by your intentions. They measure you by actions and results. I intend to save all of my people. You trying to have a useful suicide because you think you're a bad person doesn't make you a martyr or a good person." He walked to Alexander, and repeated himself. "Town square. A few hours. Don't bring him," Oswald left the room in a huff.

This created a rather awkward situation for Alexander, who had wanted an out to the discomfort from earlier and now found himself in an entirely new situation. Darius seemed to look off into the distance as Oswald left, Alexander stayed, completely uncertain what to do at this point. Were this a party in the castle, he would maintain his aloof demeanor and side with whoever was more correct. In this case- Oswald. Darius had a pretty weak case. Alexander sympathized, but bad experiences didn't really justify being a jerk... the same could be said of Oswald, though.

Then, Darius spoke about the Castle. Alexander's hand immediately shot out into the air. Following him was Kooma's large paw and Eaglider's wing. "I do," Alexander called out. "I'm the Prince!"

Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next