MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Digitized Dreams - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Digitized Dreams

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Digitized Dreams - Page 2 Empty Re: Digitized Dreams

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Before Alex said he was the prince of the world, Darius briefly said aloud, "I know. I shouldn't have expected him to act any other way." Darius rose his brow when it was finally said that Alexander was the prince. His heart beat, and he didn't know how to respond. He was the prince and the ginger was too much of a commoner to know about him. Too shrouded by grime to realize that there was indeed a prince alive during his stay. Maybe he knew about the kid, maybe his actions never left the commoners and local guard and the bandits failed. They certainly were dead, the bandits. That didn't make what he did right those years ago when he sold layouts of the public area and noticeable features to the criminals. But before he continued, Darius looked at Alexander. "One of the things he's right about is the child in me that still exists. I mean, it's in all of us. He has tantrums, I have ignorant passion. But I'm also a dick because I've never been given reason not to be."

Darius was growing up, and things were falling down on him. The actions he committed were certainly more heavy to ignorant people like Oswald, but you don't accept food from a killer because that is what's called a trap. "I just hope he realizes that intentions can change the flow of fate faster than the bat of an eyelid." Exhaling, he knew that the situation he was in was most definitely brought upon his own tantrum. "I was born there. Prince Alexander. I'm not going to call you that, so Alex or Alexei or whatever mood-based name I make at the time will be your name for me." Darius had wisps coming out of his head, something he didn't notice. The projection of his own memories in the form of animate flames. A rogue snatching food and coin. A map-maker traveling the Kingdom. A smith building mundane trinkets to fill the void of no friends. People badgering a little boy for simple mistakes and the deaths that he had seen.

They were all animated at the same time, Darius just closing his eyes as another memory animated. Serene. Excluded from all the rest and one he could see once he opened his eyes. A boy standing alone. From him, a bead of fire extending. Swirling around him, he saw it dance and shape into a being. Taking the being into his hands, the boy would smile. The people were all silhouettes, but in that last projection, the silhouette became Darius and Ellis. The flames would then absorb back into his body. From the beginning, Darius would then explain himself. "I was an orphan who was a brat. A punk. Still am a punk at times, I mean I didn't do much to make the situation with Rabbit friendly. Which, by the way, he isn't going to stop me from being there. He is one person who I don't have to care about and like me, certainly no leader. From one hot-head about another, he's too hostile." Darius continued on. "This isn't a sob story. By that, I mean that if you know anything about your people, you'll understand that we have to see leaders let great evils exist. I'm only 18, and I've nothing to help me understand but observation. Do you know how many kids are like that back in the Kingdom? In any world? These aren't mere sob stories, these are overlooked curses on children without homes." Darius shook his head, coming to the moment where he saw the final projection.

"So, I want to help. No, I really want to help. None of the whole fire stuff and hurting anyone. I know I'm not a leader. But...aagh. I can't -- you don't know how hard this is. Have you ever made mistakes? Part of you keeps making them but the other part wants to fix them and past ones and you just can't figure out how. You won't know for what, but I apologize to you for something I did long ago. As a stupid, stupid, stupid kid manipulated by his own hate for the people that shunned him." Using his hands, he pulled his hat down to cover his face, concealing his eyes and ears. "I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have, shouldn't have, shouldn't have."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:31 pm

"In truth," Alexander said, "I hadn't heard this story. I still haven't until now. I'm... actually, I'm the only person with any royal blood left in the Kingdom. That's why I'm royalty." He fidgeted a little bit. Each time he said it out loud, Alexander felt as thought he was legitimizing himself. "Also, I wouldn't ask to be called my title in an informal setting. It still rings weird out of my world, no matter how used I get to hearing it."

Alexander began to walk towards Kooma, looking him over thoughtfully. "My mother," he reflected happily. "Her and the others. Even as a child I saw the detachment of the Nobility. Yet, the King was different than all of them. For all the airs, for all the walls between him and the common man... he insisted on knowing his people. This is what my mother told me: because of the division between commoner and noble that existed, the king used certain people listen to what others did."

Alexander smiled, turning around. "He fed poorer children in exchange for them giving him rumors and information of the people. I won't say that he couldn't have done more... I won't say he was perfect in any regard... but by the King of Dreams, the cursed were blessed. Given something to believe in, however flimsy it may have been, I can not say. Even now we work to break the barriers of nobility down, but I wonder if that is right? Was there a reason that commoner and noble were so separate to begin with? Was it a way for leaders to oppress their people, or was it a way for them to protect themselves from the burden of conscious? I don't know yet," Alexander concluded. "I suppose I may never know the truth."

He turned to address Darius, his arms relaxed, but crossed. It was an authoritative stance, but a lax one. His face held a gentle expression. "Darius," Alexander said in a calm, soothing tone. "I don't know what you've done... frankly, it doesn't really matter. People will be upset with people, and everybody makes a mistake or a miscalculation. Sometimes they do it worse than others. I won't pretend to understand something that I don't," Alexander grinned. "But because I don't understand, and I can tell its bothering you badly... you need to know that it'll be alright. I can't forgive you on behalf of the people you've wronged, as it would not be proper. But, I can ask you to forgive yourself. Whatever it is, whatever makes you think you're a bad person that has to die or make amends?"

Alexander and Kooma started to walk past Darius, and Alexander spoke again smoothly. "That just means the hatred is still manipulating you," he concluded calmly. "Hate for authority. Hate for adults. Hate for yourself... you don't need a reason to not be a jerk. You just need to know that you aren't one, and you'll stop wearing a mask to hide from your hurt."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Darius remembered a time from when he was younger where he was in a group of orphans. He didn't have his hat then, hanging out with a bunch of kids looking to eat. He was the older of the group, so he set up plots to steal from a vile butcher. The butcher was said to do things unspeakable to the stray cats. Some people were getting sick from his product too. Darius knew the man deserved punishment, at least in his mind he did. Tinkering around with some gears from a clock-shop, he mixed them with some materials he stole. What the group of orphans didn't know was his ability to use magic. He'd build these one-use machines, instilling them with his magic to keep them going. Energy, vitality, given by his flames. Something he knew he had since young. Taking the device over to the butchery, he had the little kids storm the shop and steal what meats they could. He didn't stop moving, and as they did he casually climbed the counter and shoved the device into the man's mouth.

Walking out of the shop, Darius left the butcher up to his fear. The windows shatter from an explosion, clouds of fire trailing out. He returned to the orphans, who all thought Darius killed the man. In fact, he didn't. He would've, but he didn't. The man was actually laying on the ground, spitting out the false device. Darius left the real one on the floor, turning the timer to keep it from exploding too early and killing his friends. He knew killing was wrong then. But no one was zombified or enraged by the influence of some elixir. No one killed or extorted others, that he could see. No one was left to die from any cause because some leader didn't do what they could to prepare for FIRES or the fact they had gangsters parading around. No, people were just shitty and bitter because they were poor or they had some sort of superiority complex. That was how real people were, and it left the minority of good people in the shadow. At least, Darius has only met few good people.

"How would you punish someone tasked with giving people safe food to eat but instead they fed them stray animals?" Darius was cast out from the group of orphans once he was judged for destroying a shop people overlooked the issues of. Darius was one of few who watched the butcher steal the cats from their lives and take them into his shop. He even followed the man in and watched his acts and what he did after. "I've had to live with being misunderstood because I see one angle, and society sees another. But I'm not stuck at that angle. The people I knew at a young age, that rabbit, a few people I have met in recent times, they are. We all originate at one angle, or we wander endlessly, but being stuck in place..." Darius shook his head. When the man offered his story and forgiveness, Darius couldn't help but tear up. No one has treated him that way before. No one has gone outside his agreements and questioned him without doing what the Rabbit did. No one has given him the time of day if they didn't agree with him, because they judge him for his actions only.

"All I ever wanted...All I ever wanted was for someone to treat me as a normal person. That doesn't mean say yes to what I say, like others have, but to finally say no without having to remind me so viciously of my failures." Darius gripped his hands tightly, standing up. "And I will take your forgiveness. Someday, I will retreat back to the Kingdom and open up my own shop, but I have things I need to finish. Meanwhile, I can help you. Disregard the Rabbit's foolish folly, let a mechanic handle the wrench. Do what you guys need to do to get people to safety, but I would like to study what's making all this happen." Darius wiped away his tears. He didn't jump subjects because of his attention span, he was still thinking about what Alex said. He just didn't know how to handle it. "But I'd be careful with the Rabbit. I'll control myself next time, I swear."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 pm

"I would first ask why," Alexander responded almost instinctively. "Obviously, he had done wrong to willingly endanger people like that, on top of deceiving them. I couldn't know what to do unless I knew why. I could be reactionary, but I don't think it would work," he said honestly. He spoke from experience that he had, but lay buried in his mind. Buried beatings and tongue lashings guided the words, but an earnest thought gave them body. He let Darius finish speaking, before he invited Darius to walk with him. "I can't mend things between you and Oswald. I can offer to mediate, but... yeah."

Alexander had stopped walking earlier, sitting on the desk as his Dream Eaters looked at him quizzically. He motioned to them, smiling. "Nah, go on guys. I'll catch up." Kooma nodded, and sauntered off. The Eaglider cawed in confirmation as the bear waddled down the hall, the bird perched on its head. He returned his attention to Darius. "Pardon them. They're not usually this aloof, but something about this place has their attention I'll bet. I wonder what it is?" Alexander peeled himself off the desk, and leaned against it as he put a hand to his head in contemplation, but quickly pulled it back. "I digress though. We'll have to agree to disagree on that whole... origination thing. I don't believe in things like that," Alexander confessed.

"Maybe that's really easy for me to say. Given where I came from, where I am... yeah, definitely. But I believe very strongly in choice. That from birth stuff... its just a way to assign everybody to wherever they come from." He looked up towards the tall ceiling of the room. The person who made this place really, really liked it plain... was this an exact replica of Disney Town? Ew. "I don't believe in it because the old Nobility of the Castle of Dreams believed in it. And now? All those people they locked out are rushing to fill the void they left behind. People don't move or change simply because there isn't room to. But when they see opportunity they do change, for better or worse."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:48 am

Darius frowned, he knew that Alexander was someone who would use reason over action, and that's what put him above other leader. Amadeo drowned his people. Alexander didn't seem like the type to send a tsunami. Darius respected that, deciding not to punish a world for the actions of a few. "This butcher was a real person. When I was a kid, I watched him intentionally poison people with corrupted cat meat. He molested the cats for his own pleasure and ground rotten meat, using chemicals to color it a bright red. The poor thought none the wiser. I didn't kill him, I destroyed his business. I was young, though." Darius shrugged, he didn't regret it. He just knew that maybe...the man deserved proper justice. But sometimes, a court of law isn't swift enough. That's what needed change. People got away with a lot of things in life, and vigilantism was a quick remedy. Like vodka in the tank.

"The people stopped eating from his butchery, but I was the one outcast. He was let back in with forgiveness, his shop opening up eventually. People came back to it, he didn't feed them poison anymore. But I still had to live with my friends judging me, hating me for saving people. I know it was the wrong way to do it, but I did something I knew how to do." Darius shook his head, he has made many rash decisions in his time. These past months since bombing Twilight Town made him think. Now he was just conflicted, finally with someone to tip his moral scale. "I've done a bunch of things I regret, simple as that. But I want you to understand, I don't mean people are born a certain way. I mean people chose to stay or become and stay a certain way. Fluid perspective can help tremendously, but one afraid of change and only wanting stability and nothing beyond that...can't be the leader in a universe where things transcend the common worker." Darius sighed, looked at Alexander with more happiness than the frustration welling within. "Let's go help these people."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Alexander had a lot he wanted to say. What was molestation? That was a big on, and something he could ask one of his advisers about later he supposed. He wanted to try to argue with Darius on a simple point of fact- wanting stability was the sign of a poor leader.

Alexander's experience was minimal, be he had so far learned the opposite to be true. In fact, a leader should want above all else stability to be present. Stability meant that the leader wasn't as necessary for the immediate concerns, and usually meant that the people were content enough that they didn't want to revolt. There were plenty of ways to go about this, but that wasn't exactly the point. Yet another thing Alexander disagreed with was fear of change making a leader a poor leader. If you have to make choices that will alter the lives of thousands, if not tens of thousands, if not HUNDREDS of thousands of people?

Sometimes fear is the appropriate response. It's only when that fear paralyzes you that you've failed... unless, you make a choice that screws over or kills a bunch of people. Then you really failed. Unless that was the point? It was weird. Politics are weird. Alexander wanted to get the last word in. Instead, "hold your horses," he insisted. "We've got a few hours yet. You wanted to explore? Now's your chance. We need to get familiar with this place."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Darius might have had a hard time explaining his points of view, but there was no use in arguing. This is why he wasn't a leader, he was too much action and too little vocals. He couldn't make others understand him, and it contributed to his outcasted presence. It also contributed to his frustration when people attacked him out of ignorance, verbally or physically. The boy sighed, scratching the back of his head as he pondered on such thoughts. "Well, I'm not a politician...so...good luck with that headache. If my words didn't pitter patter around, and if I used the right ones, it'd be so much easier. But the world is not perfect, and I'm a dancing lily when listened to." Shrugging, the boy would walk alongside Alexander in order to begin their exploration of the place. "You know, the architecture of this place is quite marvelous, yet childish at the same time. How do the shapes work like they do? Shouldn't buildings collapse a bit more?"

At least they didn't have a big clocktower that screamed, "DESTROY ME!". Darius would continue taking notes, hoping that someday he could possible help rebuild such a city. Scrunching his face in deep thought, the ginger raised a finger and turned to Alexander. "Is it possible large enough wasteland-worlds exist to where we can recreate such a thing? Maybe that's not how this works...maybe this is linked somehow to the original. Or it could really be a brilliant device that can mold copies 'digitally' after picking and choosing. Amazing." Darius waved his hand over to the prince, pointing down a manhole. "Princes and/or Princesses first? Debating on jumping down myself. Wonder why I don't heart ravenous water." Scratching his chin, the boy summoned fire into his hand, dropping it down the whole and letting the light burst and illuminate the underneath. "There's a whole underground here!"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Alexander wasn't really big on traversing sewers, and really had already decided that the young man who called himself Darius was really probably crazy. What flavor of crazy was yet to be determined, as there were so many different varieties, but Alexander himself was just attempting to mitigate the situation. He didn't really know what to think about Oswald, but that was just because they'd only just met. With all that Darius had done and said in just a short time?

In the corner of the room, a loud cuckoo clock sprang out, cawing violently as it announced the time. Alexander nearly jumped, and instead his eyes widened and he turned in surprise at the clock. "Scared me," he commented. He wasn't expecting the environment to agree with him so loudly. As Alexander and Darius left the room, and eventually the Castle, Darius mused over the architecture of the place. Alexander, who had also been taking in the sights, shrugged. "I'm not sure," he replied earnestly. "Don't suppose it really matters. All the worlds seem to play by different rules sometimes."

His mind flashed back to Wonderland briefly. That place was... weird. Very, very weird.

As Darius went on talking more and more, Alexander came to wonder how a pauper, not to demean him, could know so much about technology? He didn't seem the type, much more into anarchy and fire. Technology almost seemed to orderly and precise for the way he carried and justified himself. Maybe he was intelligent, too. Or maybe he just sounded like he knew what he was doing because he believed he did. Crazy people were good at that.

Alexander realized that he was fixating far too much on Darius mental state, but in his defense he'd never met somebody who was actually... well, in that mental state. He felt a little bad about it to be honest, because he wasn't outwardly expressing signs. Sure, he wasn't talking much, but Alexander was busy listening both to Darius, and too himself. He smiled, nodded and looked around mostly, but then again Alexander didn't have anything to contribute. Darius would know that. Or not. Because he was crazy. Deciding it better to be safe than sorrow, Alexander shrugged. "It's all another language to me," he confessed briefly. "I don't even know how it works."

Then, Darius came across a manhole. Alexander did have a basic understanding of how such things would - they carried water and waste to certain places in the world, like rivers or water treatment facilities. A lot of this technology escaped the Kingdom of Dreams, simply because of the resources required to maintain them. They definitely had sewers, though. And while Alexander had little understanding of the technical aspect of sewage drains, he was more than familiar with the biological component.

So, when Darius voiced that he wanted to go into the sewers for a bit of exploring, Alexander froze. "No thank you, I'll need to decline." He stared at Darius, and back to the sewer drain, suddenly glad he was a few feet back from the young man. He truly was crazy if he was willing to jump into a place writhing with dangerous bacteria. He gave no more indication than that, but made his lack of interest in going underground apparent by proceeding to move a little way from the area. Alexander scanned the shops along the sidewalk as he traveled, wishing that the goods they sold were actually real. They had cafes and book stores, and all of it seemed very interesting to the young prince.
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Darius looked at the man, crossing his arms. "Too princely for the dirty sewers? Oh well." And then he tipped over, falling down the hole. He during his fall, he would let out thick volumes of wildfire to soften his landing, allowing him to land without injury. Blazing fire from Darius' body illuminated the sewers. Within, there was a hidden gallery of mechanical structures. Walking around, he realized that within the sewers was a whole underground series of machines that really kept things running. There was even an odd pinball machine that had no rhyme or reason to exist. Darius was fascinated by it, immediately sketching it down on his notepad. They had some hours to kill, so he didn't need to stick with Alexander for him to continue the development of his map. He was in more of a playful mood to detract away from their serious discussion. It helped distract him from his issues. "Map-makers like I cannot be afraid of a little bit of dirt. Hmph. Oh well."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:43 am

Darius' statement ruffled Alexander's feathers, though he wouldn't visibly show it. Alexander enjoyed adventures- clearly so, just based on his attire. This was not a uniform a person who feared grim. At the same time, Alexander did not relish the idea of going into a sewer. Adventurers had to have standards, and venturing below the cityscape wasn't particularly important. That said, it did don Alexander that the sewers here weren't the same as the sewers in the outside world. Obviously not- this was a world of Data. Aside from Darius, the sewer was most likely completely sterile.

Still, Alexander also wasn't a fan of tight spaces. Or the dark, as childish a fear as that was, though it was becoming increasingly justified with the appearance of strange beings in his Kingdom. There was also the point of fact that Darius needed to blow off some steam, and maybe this was the way to let him do that. After all, given his very recent episode and a recover that must have been at least partially feigned, combined with his probable mental illness and Alexander's anxiety? How about no?

"Have fun done there," Alexander called trying to sound as earnest as possible. "I'm going to explore up here a bit. I've never been to Disney Town before. Try and find me after you finish, but don't take too long please!" Alexander was impressed with himself, as children often are for simple things. He was being nice to a stranger that was also a violent criminal. If it were a situation where he was hurting somebody again, Alexander would have to act for the good of him and whoever he was attacking. But, until then, maybe Alexander could make a friend out of him?

Alexander lingered over the manhole for a moment longer before walking away, his heart set on exploring the town but his mind drifting elsewhere. Could Darius really be his friend? Alexander was wary of him, but when he was being anarchistic he seemed fun and adventurous. He sang and danced with Kooma earlier, so no way he could be all bad! Alexander wasn't exactly a lonely person- he was surrounded by positive influences and great minds in the Kingdom, all of whom were now coming into their own with the death of the old blood. It seemed to him that his Kingdom might be heading into a renaissance of sorts.

Part of that renaissance would have naturally been change and forgiveness. Alexander saw the value in Darius even if he missed it. A talented if unstable map maker who has traveled far and seen much. He wouldn't go so far as to call him a man of the people, but maybe he could be? Yet, Alexander was still bothered by his evident instability. Was he a big risk to have at home? Probably, but evading risk was impossible to do forever, and shouldn't be done at the expense of others. These thoughts continued as the young man moved deeper into the data world.
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:35 am

Giving himself some time alone, Darius let himself think. Think on the discussion he had with Alexander and how it reminded him of his troubled past. The pranks he pulled off with kids were nothing. The harassment and attacks he employed against the public were something. Something he needed to be ashamed of, something he needed to hate himself for. He couldn't ever have true self-esteem if he were to continue on the path he's laid out for himself. The ginger needed to construct something new if he were to continue and actually survive. People would likely come after him. People would likely hate him for being Darius Fetch. As he roamed the halls of the grand sewer set beneath the digital world, he would take note of its intricate nature while pondering about himself. The Prince reminded him of something: not everyone is cut out to be the main hero. Some are simply support, and he is just that. As he moved onto an isolated room, the boy sat down and summoned a ball of fire to illuminate the area around him.

Darius looked down at his notepad,noticing it was beginning to fill up with sketches and maps. When considering the past all those months ago, he realized that there was no true heroism in what he did. Or maybe, that was improper to say. He knew all along and deeply regretted what he had done. It was his fault and he needed to accept it. But the people he's met - the relationships formed. He needed to cast it aside. Faye was a radical like he, and that wasn't healthy for him. But she was beautiful and had a charm about her that transcends simple looks. Tsumiko and Terra were people he met in a dungeon and only formed a friendship out of obligation - yet Tsubot was still a product he needed to maintain. Darius needed that moment where he stopped focusing on what's around him and more on the inside. He needed to stop and let his mind process what he'd done. In those moments, Darius slowly unbuttoned his jacket and then unzipped it. removing his gloves, he revealed hands ripe with scars from flame.

On his torso were spots of burns over him. He had been burning himself in the past months to distract from the pain of his mistakes. It was a kind of self-infliction he could stand rather than run the risk of slicing an artery. A very prepubescent act, and one that would not bring him closer to redemption. Maybe if he helped Alex, helped the people trapped in the world, he would be able to take those steps closer. He tied his jacket around his waist, Resting his arms on his legs, he hunched over and exhaled. The boy was worn from his travels and it was becoming apparent. But there was only a few more things to do. The first of which was to help the Prince that could finally enable him to return to the Kingdom of Dreams. When he was rested enough, after some time, he stood up and journeyed the sewers. The many trinkets at work to keep the city going had their surface recorded. Well, it was a digital world but it was meant to operate like normal.

Trotting along, the ginger came upon a vertical pinball machine. A rather large one. Stepping onto a platform, he went from looking around to a bizarre level of bouncing around harmlessly. Once he surfaced, he blinked while looking down. He lost his jacket in the process, as well as his gloves. Turning around, it could be seen that he had an imprint of his fiery sprite friend and a fancy font saying "ELLIS" as a sort of makeshift-tattoo. His necklace dangled and glowed radiantly and he just shook his head. His sword was firmly strapped to himself, thankfully. Somewhere away from where he entered, he journeyed around and mapped the area. Some people struck him with a dirty look, but he ignored it. In the end, I am just a product of my own actions...so maybe I can undo what I've caused.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:33 pm

While Darius was on an introspective journey through his inner psyche to analyze his dreams and ambitions for his life while inside a giant computer brain, Alexander derped about the plaza of Disney Town, exploring the many stores and restaurants that existed. It wasn't like they had any real food or anything, but seeing the fake emulationg of real food was still a sight to see. Honestly, it was making Alexander hungry for Angel Food Cake, with sugared Strawberries and blueberry syrup, topped with whipped cream. Yum.
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:14 am

Darius, traveling around, continued to map out the town. Noticing that some time had passed, he'd purchase a shirt and jacket to cover his scars, something made to keep the real civilians adjusted so their psyche wasn't too damaged. Strolling with his pad out, he picked up some cigarettes and lit them with his own flame. The smoke rolled against his face as he walked through the clouds he exhaled. The ginger would eventually come to find the prince, his hands still revealing scars from labor and whatever he inflicted. "So, I did some thinking. I'm sure you're not curious as to what it is. But, you know, I've realized that...I've made a lot of mistakes. Also there is a pinball machine underneath and you would've had fun if you would've come."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Alexander smiled back at Darius, and nodded. "That may be possible. But, no point in dwelling on what could have been, though. Only what will be." Otherwise, there would have been a ton of metaphorical pinball machines. "I've had my own fun up here anyway," Alexander assured him. "Though admittedly this whole place feels really morbid... a digital effigy. Really, really detailed."

He motioned to a nearby building. "It opens up, and so does every room inside of it. They even have models of bread, and meats, and food. It even feels like them... but you know they aren't real. This whole thing is terribly disconcerting."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Darius tapped his finger on his chin, thinking on what the prince had said. He didn't care about the excuse given as to why he wouldn't experience the sewer, but did realize there was nothing and nobody down there. It was also somehow spotless. "So, that brings up a factor Oswald noted. We are not in the real world. These are things to help make it feel real, because if they were told immediately their whole lives are gone...well no one likes hearing that, now do they mate?" He smirked, but did feel the grim nature of things. He realized how terrifying it was since the attempt was clearly realized, and once you realize a lie the illusion of it is cast away. "We just have to free them. But even then, they'll need to be calmly integrated. We don't know what way the grinding of their gears are attuned to. Oswald, and I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite, even seems afflicted in some way. I was a bit inconsiderate if I do say so myself. I should've seen it before." Darius shook his head, sighing.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am

"Yeah..." Alexander visibly shuddered. "I'm certain you've heard of the concept of Guter Platz? It might be more familiar to you as, uh... what do the Greeks call it? Shoot..." He rubbed his head for a moment, thinking deeply as his hand ruffled his raven hair. It came off calmly as he realized the word he was searching for.  "Eutopia. That's the word." His voice was low, not a whisper but not very projected. "I think we found one..." His voice trailed for a moment, not full of wonder but worry.

"A perfect society where people do not want or need for anything..." His eyes met Darius' for a moment before he turned around. "This is very, very wrong. Such places can not exist. Imagine a world without hunger or thirst. A world without death or suffering." Alexander's emotions, well contained earlier, were starting to flare. The weight of the realization, the more he conversed about it, was overcoming him with steadily increasing girth. His legs felt like they'd succumb to the increaseing pressure from his horrible epiphany.

"It sounds great at first. Nobody has to hurt, but then the lack of hurt losses all meaning. And it shell-shocks you. This place... its a shortcut. A waking nightmare." He fell quiet again for a moment more. "We have to get them out of here. People do not live in a place like this. They don't even exist," He declared as he started to walk briskly. "They just... I don't know what they do here. Somebody removed suffering and I can't help but feel like the absence of something that natural... I think you're right. I think they might be damaged or sick from this. In the head at least. That's not to even consider their physical bodies..."
Alexander
Alexander
The Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:29 am

Darius never dreamed of a utopia, as it was as Alexander said: impossible. The fiery craftsman expected nothing out of such a hope or dream. Peace and order was achievable, but the boy wasn't that naive to think a utopia was required. Gulping, the grim nature of things told him that this was quite the opposite. It was dystopia. He wanted to look at his hands, to think on how he tore away the lives of others. To consider how people could end up like this with such mass destruction. But other thoughts intruded. Ellis. Where was she? Was Tsubot protecting Tsumiko like he intended? Scratching his head, he shook himself and refocused his eyes. "Sometimes the facets facing you filled in by folly can mean many things. Sallies and Billies lie, just like that is which is utopia. The color white isn't real, like cold. It's only the absence of color. It's only different shades of darkness. Different blotches of grime." Darius brushed his fingers through his thick, ginger hair. "We have to find Oswald. We have to save these people."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2