MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Guardian Angel EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Guardian Angel EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Guardian Angel EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Guardian Angel EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Guardian Angel EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Guardian Angel EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Guardian Angel EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Guardian Angel EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Guardian Angel EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Guardian Angel

5 posters

Go down

Guardian Angel Empty Guardian Angel

Post by Chandra Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:50 am

Base Ability: Guardian Angel -- Chandra and allies within 20 meters per character tier have a severe boost in damage resistance, and are healed moderately per post. Chandra can passively fly.
Base Ability Cool Down: Passive

Tier One
1st Skill: Grace -- Chandra gains 25 MP every character tier.
2nd Skill: Fate -- All of Chandra's abilities and skills start their cooldowns after the initial cast, instead of after the duration of the effects have expired.
3rd Skill: Healing Touch -- Chandra focuses holy energies through her hands, doubling the effects of healing spells and abilities on the people she is in contact with. This can apply to herself.
4th Skill: Solace -- Debuff duration within Guardian Angel's area of effect are reduced by 2 posts
5th Skill: Prayer -- Chandra's MP pool doesn't go on cooldown. Instead, she regains 15 MP per character tier every post. This cannot be cancelled out.

Last edited by Chandra on Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Guardian Angel Empty Re: Guardian Angel

Post by Game Master Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:00 am

So to clarify: the base ability is an aura, correct? it will need a range.

At Tier One, the most you can gain per character tier is 20 MP.

Synthesis Items and Synthesis Abilities do not have Cool Downs.

So, for healing hands, does this require concentration? While it is a suitable drawback, for this tier the most you could do is moderately increase the rate (so, doubling it here is fine). However, you could not triple it. For you to triple the rate, I feel it would need to be Tier Three.

I'm going to need better understanding of Luminous Blasts. You do realize that no matter how high your character Tier, that ability would cap out at moderate? This is because it is a Tier one ability. I'm also going to need descriptions of the projectiles, as they might require a cool down of some form.

Because of the Nature of the MP regeneration, I do feel it will need to be 10 MP per character tier.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandra Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:35 am

Added range

Edited

They don't? Huh, good to know x3

Yeah, they'd need concentration, which is why she and her target needs to stay still. Also, changed the name to Healing Touch since it sounds better. Also changed the regen rate to double. By the way, if I have the double here, can I make it triple or quadruple if I boost it at Tier 2?

Since she won't be a physical character, I was going to use magic for basic attacks. So instead of her like swinging a sword to deal damage, she'd fling some light at someone and have that damage them. Looking at it this way, her damage output from basic attacks would be based on magic instead of strength. Also, you can think of the projectiles as something she'd form and send at people. Most commonly, it would be in the form of spheres. (Not yet edited)

I think I get how you're going about this, but could this be bumped to 15MP per CT? If not, we can leave it at 10.
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Shorten it to twenty meters per character tier.

As I stated, to triple the effectiveness of the ability you will need to wait until Tier Three. You could add another moderate at the next tier, which would effectively triple it.

So you are creating a basic attack, then. Understandable, and doable, but I do this. If the character's aura will have a larger range eventually, and the character will almost certainly have abilities linking to the aura and in general making it more powerful, why burn a slot on something that could be just as easily compensated for through a synthesis item? This is simply a question for you to consider.

Onto the ability itself. Luminous Blasts, since it is magic, will cost magic. A good starting cost is around 5 MP per hit. In the beginning, this will likely be weaker than a character with T1 STR punching, but as the magic tier climbs will become far, far more effective. It will also need a general limitation on how many times you can use it per post. If you wish, you can relate that to SPE. You will not be able to use this ability if you have full hands. Finally, since this is magic, it can be silenced.

I'm weary of allowing 15 MP per tier, but I will in this instance to see what comes of it.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandra Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Edited

Aura? Are you referring to the BA or Blasts?

I'm going to go with the 5 MP per hit, but by the wording alone, if it doesn't hit a target, Chandra is getting the MP back. I'm guessing the damage would be similar to STR-based attacks, but slightly weaker at lower tiers?

Changed to 15 from 10 MP
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 am

I was referring to the Aura. But as you are opting to go forward with the blasts, you can ignore that. I also had a few typographical errs that would make that section more confusing.

Chandra will not be getting the MP back. At this tier, the basic attack is still magic, and magic is being expended to facilitate its use. And once again, no. 5 MP at this tier isn't much to throw around. 5 MP at a later tier is roughly between six and seven times more potent. By its nature, the blasts would not be lifting people off the ground or tearing through buildings in the same manner strength would enable a person to physically do. There could be some kinetic knock back, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as great as what STR was capable of in terms of force. That said, the damage dealt could potentially match or surpass STR at later tiers if this ability is properly adjusted.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am

How about a flat scaling for every Magic Tier? T1 would deal slight damage, T2 would do low-moderate, T3 moderate, etc.?
Bombshell
Bombshell

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:19 pm

If you want to do so, that could work but at tier one it could only go up to moderate, because this is a Tier-One ability. Tier One abilities can not surpass moderate effectiveness with conditions or drawbacks. The condition here would be growing.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandra Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:28 am

I decided to replace Luminous Blast with Solace.
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:58 am

I must advise that Solace is allowable, but by the time you reach Tier Five Magic is entirely a moot point.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandra Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:47 am

So, continuing from skype...

The additional effect was meant to be a bonus of some sort, something to complement the base effect of an ability.
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:43 am

Then it needs to be specified as doing such, and in what manner it does so.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandra Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 am

How's that?
Chandra
Chandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:09 pm