MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open]

3 posters

Go down

I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] Empty I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open]

Post by Drake Pathos Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 am

It was a happy time. Kids in school, brilliant minds constantly evolving their own homes, and the brilliance of magic being realized. It was so much better now, twenty years later. People had recovered from their tragedies, they had grown from it and they've embraced the necessity of advancing. With various companies, including the current titan OGFL, Twilight Town becoming the most advanced of the worlds was bound to happen. That heel-front turn had put a genuine smile on Drake's face. It had been fifteen years, give or take, since he was known as Darius Fetch. Ever since meeting Darren Crassus, his grandfather, his life had completely changed. The worry yet wonder that came from knowing he had some sort of cancer sparked a creative drive in Drake that he thought had died. However, he had his duties as Governor, and that was to ensure that the community of Twilight Town cultivated team work and advancement. If someone wanted something, they needed to build it yet the means to learn and do so were readily available.

Wiping his hands with a dirtied rag, oil spread all over his body, Drake had viewed the retro-style motorcycle he helped a civilian build. The civilian requested that he need not use an Ellis Spark, so Drake opted to offer a clean solution without it being as advanced. When the man asked how he would do it, the Governor took to the wrench and helped him build the man's dream bike. He didn't do all the work, but helped explain the in's and out's of the technology. It allowed for that retro style without sacrificing efficiency and cleanliness. It was a beautiful hog, and the man couldn't help but smile back at it. Turning to the aged man, he chuckled, shaking his head. "You know, before that kid burned down my house, I really liked his spunk. I really liked that spark. We made him, though. I hope you make geniuses, not terrorists." It struck hard, but almost balanced with the respect the man was trying to convey. Drake smiled, turning away to hide his tears.

"I love this world, Jack. I love it so much, and I don't want to let monsters come from its loins. I want those geniuses. " It was rough talking about the world without hard-pressing his passion, but if the man knew who he was he'd understand. But if the man knew who he was, he'd think Drake to be a monster. Shaking the man's hand, the Governor departed the garage and left for his shop. Aside from the intense development team from OGFL, he had his own personal but public shop at the top of a hill in the Marketplace. Scanning his handprint, he brought down a barrier energized by an Ellis Spark, unlocking the door with a key and entering the building. Immediately he saw automatons at work to restore it from its dirty state, dusting and cleaning as they worked hard to make it spotless. Striding into the back, he saw an open room with various doors, taking one that led to his forge. Today, he was to demonstrate the power of technology to the Crassus School of Arms.  

Lifting up one of his prototype swords, he looked at it, holding it with his left hand. In his right, a smooth swirl of fire summoned his keyblade, Passionate Embers. Looking at it, flashes of his past rung throughout his head. Sighing, he dismissed the keyblade and packed up a few prototype weapons and defensive mechanisms. Strapping a small device to his side, he tapped the items he wanted to take and pressed a button on the device, storing those items within. Heading for the store's exit, he saw a kid standing in front. Awkwardly exiting, he looked left and right for any adults. "Hey, kid, what'cha doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school?" The kid tensed up, afraid to speak and tell the Governor the truth. He didn't even know it was Drake's shop. "I...I...." Sighing, he waved the kid into his shop, hurrying him in. Moving to the back, a snap of his fingers got the automatons to bring up a table and some chairs. The front had doubled as a diner of sorts. A shop was connected adjacent to the diner, and in the back had been a room leading to several different rooms. The forge, the library, the think-tank, the laboratory, and the training room where he tested things.

Drake had come back with two coasters, typing on their interface that was on front. Materializing two milkshakes, he slid one to the kid while immediately sipping on his own. " Okay so -" sip, slurp "what's the...um-" sip, slurp "Ah! Issue? Come on kid, don't think of me as one of those icky-picky schmucks that call themselves nobles. They can think that, but nobility isn't a thing." Playing it off cool, the kid smiled and easily warmed up to Drake. This was the same man that lived in Neverland for a few months. He knew how to deal with kids, especially having experience with being an orphan. "Um...I wanted....I wanted to show my friends my drawings. I thought they were, um, cool. But they said they were lame and wouldn't work. So I started coming here...but never did I step inside. It's always empty. But now, you're finally here!" Drake was shocked, smiling with his mouth open.

"Okay, so, let me get this straight...you actually had the balls to bring them to me? Well, let's see them then! Gotta make it quick, there's a bunch more of you lads waiting for me at one of the schools." Excitingly searching for his papers, the boy had revealed a datapad and some scrolls. Immediately Darius used the datapad to scan and save the scrolls. Sifting through the holograms that presented the drawings, Drake was simply amazed. "Kid, how old are you?" "14." Shaking his head in shock, Drake couldn't help but shed a tear. "I'm a sophomore, but god damn. This is beautiful. This could revolutionize the medical field. Utilizing an Ellis Spark-compatible, prosthetic heart with retractable threads binding to muscle and fiber? Chemical release to help manipulate the different cells and intelligently keep record of diagnostics....Where did this come from?" "My sister...she's sick. I need to undo that, and I know that if magic made the Ellis Spark, this will be possible too."

Darius sat in silence, reviewing the designs. He saw numerous flaws, but they were mostly based on the composition of the device. It was complex, even for a fourteen-year-old. Looking at the boy, he deactivated the datapad, keeping his gaze on the prodigy. "Currently, it won't work. But the concept is entirely possible. You need to find the right materials for this. If you can find me someone willing to get those materials for you, I'll personally fund their travel. I want to see this happen. Here, here's a number for the head of my R-N-D team." He typed in the code for reaching him, which he did not mention who the lead had been, handing the boy the datapad back and standing up. The automatons had removed what was no longer in use as they stopped using it. Retrieving his item holder, he patted the boy on the shoulder. "Come on...Let's head back to school." Heading to the schools, Drake made sure the boy was safely returned and made his demonstrations.

As per the usual, some students were uninterested while some were amazed. After the demonstration had ended, he returned to his home, unwinding in his living room and pouring him a glass of whiskey, two fingers high. Tired, he leaned his head back and pulled out a cigarette, breathing on it and releasing a bit of fire to ignite the tip. Turning it to take a draft, he exhaled with great relief. "Oh, Luna, where art thou?"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] Empty Re: I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open]

Post by Tsumiko Wed May 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Luna had spent her day as she did most every other day. Tinkering with her machines, and making blueprints for new ones as the ideas struck them. Sometimes, those thoughts and ideas were beyond their current technology threshold, but OGFL was well on its way to being a technological powerhouse. And with two geniuses behind the wheel, how could it not?

Darius had earned a fair bit of respect from Luna for that glorious little brain of his. His personality didn’t hurt, either, but it confused her a bit when he changed his name. The synthy was curious, but it wasn’t any of her business. There were times where he said the damnedest things, and she couldn’t help but laugh. But due to their relationship, the two of them hit it off, and was capable of creating the most beautiful things when they worked together. She’d learned much from him.

She was in the shop when Darius swung by earlier. She hadn’t left when the man closed up shop, and had fallen asleep at her workbench. Though she couldn’t work the forge as well as he could, there were still plenty of other things she could have done. The sound of his entering the place had stirred her from her awkward slumber, and the woman sat up on her stool, groggily wiping the drool from her lips and looking around in a daze.

Getting up, she went to join him in the diner section, only to hear a second voice accompanying the mayor’s. With a silent grumble, she returned to the depths of the shop without having greeted them. Luna was in no way presentable for guests. Not that she really cared. But someone did… There was a pair of automatons that trailed behind her, doing various things to cater to her as she further woke up.

By some sort of miracle, the synthy managed to remember that Darius had plans for the beginning portion of the day, and so dove right into more tinkering after having got herself mildly composed and fed. There, she stayed until she was needing human interaction, and to show off her latest blueprint. Her automatons were sweet little dears, but they couldn’t give her the praise she sought.

Skipping off to the manor, Luna was all smiles. Remembering to close the front this time for once, Luna burst into the living room, kicking the door open. “Luna’s in the haus, son!” She called out in a cocky tone. Walking up to the man where he sat, she eyed the cigar with a straight face. “You know that thing’s just gonna send you to an early grave, right?” She asked, as she had many times before. The woman wasn’t aware of the fact that Drake, as he called himself now, was ill, so she made her comment lightly. Shortly after, her earlier excitement returned to her eyes, as did the smile. “Ah! But look at this, Dray, my man!”

She scuttled up to him and sat on the arm of the furniture and show him the blueprints on her datapad. It was the concept idea for another automaton. But this one had come in inspiration of one of the first robots she had ever seen. The one that caused her to meet her boss lady, Tsumiko, and the one that, eventually, lead to to meeting Darius.

“So remember that robot that you told me about from all that time ago? Tsubot, I think you called her? But look, look. With our current tech and the skills between the two of us, I’m sure we could make ‘er soooo much better, and durable, and prettyyyy~” Luna was unable to contain her excitement, and beamed at Darius with the biggest smile her face could manage. “But she’d never replace Tsubot, so I was thinking of giving her a new name. She’d be like… Tsubot MKII, so, like… Markine? Naw. No, wait! Mary-Kate! Yeah! What’dya think, Dray?~ Pretty sweet, right?” She rambled on, laying across the man’s lap and holding up the datapad for him to get a closer look.
Tsumiko
Tsumiko
The Voice in the Dark

Directory : Tsumi's Folio

Back to top Go down

I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open] Empty Re: I Got My City Doing Front Flips [Luna, Open]

Post by Drake Pathos Wed May 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Taking a sip as he heard the usual badgering by his dear Luna, he slightly turned his head to peek over his shoulders as she approached. He was always happy to see her so giddy, especially with the work she put into the company and the city as a whole. While he ran the city, she did a lot of the more technical work in the background. It was hard keeping up with it, now that he had a lot of flowers to bloom and ick to prune. Looking at the orange-brown liquid within his glass, he nearly jumped out of his own skin when Luna sat on the couch. Placing the glass down, he put an arm over the couch and removed his glasses, pressing a button and watching the lens de-materialize. Looking at Luna with his radiant green eyes, he couldn't help but smile. This girl gave him humanity, repressed the memories of the AHHH! past [/i]WHY!?[/i] and how he Please...just kill me... burned oh-so many people. But luckily, Luna didn't know about it. Somehow, even though she may be reminded in the near future.

Looking at the designs of the automaton, it was the same perfection Luna took to whenever she built one of her dolls. He nodded, thinking about how he could give it life beyond the mechanical slaves that they integrated into the society they were building. Thinking back onto the design that boy had, and one of his early Ellis Spark prototypes, he knew that there was one element missing: his heart. The cancer that gripped inanimate things and made them living people. That was the key ingredient. With the naive happiness gleaming from Luna, Drake couldn't help but want to tell her what happened during his trip those years ago, what he had learned and gained as a result. "So, hm...This is an interesting design for, er, uh, Mary-Kate? I know we've had issues with finding the right bullets for the gun, and I really appreciate....this..." His eyes started getting red with tears burning away, but he turned his head in time and scoffed.

"I know exactly how to build the core for this, too. This boy...this genius boy. He came to me with the most brilliant design. We can create hearts, Lulu. We can really take bits and pieces and create our own heart. If someone's heart is that broken...we can rebuild them. Artificial life being just the same as natural....it's a realizable goal." He had that smile of his, the dangerous curiosity mixed with his sparks of inspiration. "Now, mandatory, she HAS to have rocket launchers and jet-engine hands and feet! Tsubot was supposed to fly....but she was kind of clunky. I loved the kid, but she never...Uh, never mind. So, where were you all day? I didn't notice you at the workshop. I'm assuming this is what you've been up to my little scrap mechanic." Reaching over and pinching her cheek, Drake tried changing the subject. It was hard. That day was hard. He wouldn't ever get over it, but he loved Luna for what she was trying to do.

Sipping on his whiskey, he poured another two-finger-tall glass but left it on the table. "I think I might go visit that kid's parents soon. I want to see him, and many others, grow. This place....it's the future in itself!" He roared excitingly, outstretching his limbs before slumping back into the couch. He turned his head and saw Wildheart, the one sword he'd never give up. It reminded him of his older self, but in a good way. That radiant light that used to live inside. He had it on his own at one point, he didn't need anybody else. It was also a sign that the citizens of Twilight Town could create beautiful things if they put in the work. Which meant the hideous things could be equally as potent with children like L'Ombra being born into this world. That's the other thing he didn't tell Luna, what was going on Downhill from what the WTTPD (Western Twilight Town Police Department) had been informing him of.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsumiko Fri May 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Luna gazed into those sparkly green orbs and had a grin spread wide across her lips. She didn’t notice any sort of pain that rushed him, and so remained where she was, sprawled across his lap as Darius reviewed her newest design. She seen the nod, and the thoughtful stare, and her ears perked up to the sound of his voice. Though what he had to say didn’t sound as enthusiastic as she was hoping. And that scoff! Luna peered at him with one of her cheeks puffed out, a low rumble coming from her tiny self. She didn’t see the tears that prickled at the corner of his eyes as Darius had turned away.

“If you don’t like it, then all you had to-” Her pouty voice stopped there as the mayor spoke once more, regaling his earlier tale. So that chat with the kid at the diner. That’s what that was about? He must have been one smart cookie to have Darius so excited about something. Artificial hearts was something that Luna had yet to successfully create. Brushing off the nickname with nothing more than a light blush, she could feel the man’s excitement affecting her. “Imagine using them for not only the automatons, but for medical reasons?~ I mean, machines could be nearly human, and people would have to worry about things like heart disease. Well… they should still worry about it, of course. That’s some serious happenings right there, but yeah.”

The teal eyes that had drifted off to the side returned to Darius as he was suddenly inspired about her concept. She grinned at him, chuckling as she flipped to more detailed blueprints. “Way ahead of ya, Dray. I know your tastes. Mary-Kate will have have rockets and engines and artillery galore for daaaays!~” She said with so much childlike pride. “And she’s gonna be more sleek and aerodynamic, as to avoid the, uh, clunkiness. Hm?” She stopped to turn blinking eye up to Darius. “Oh, yeah. I fell asleep there last night by accident, and woke up when you came in. Saw you talking to someone, so I let you be and went back to the workshop and finished up this desi-aaah!” Luna let out a small groan as her cheek was pinched. Rubbing at it once it was released, she grumbled under her breath and playfully glared at him.

Watching him refill his glass, and listening to what he said next, the synthy huffed. “Well it is your job, visiting the people and stuff. That’s why you’re the mayor, and I’m just the town inventor!~” She said with a chipper smile. It was made plainly obvious that Luna’s people skills left much to be desired, as she was very much like a big kid, and handled things in a likewise manner. It too a certain type of person to deal with her. Or to command her. Her boss lady being one such person… A light shiver ran down her spine at the thought.

Catching the stare Darius had on the blade hanging up on the wall, she rolled over on to her stomach, still laying across his lap, and began to kick her legs. “So what’s up with that sword, anyways? I always catch you gazing at it with such fondness.” She asked, appearing disinterested as she flipped through different blueprints on her datapad. In all honesty, she was very much curious. But, for every time she asked that question, it was always the same answer.
Tsumiko
Tsumiko
The Voice in the Dark

Directory : Tsumi's Folio

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri May 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Drake smiled as he watched Luna sprawl out like a little kid. Even though she still had some growing to do as a person, she always did her best to make him feel happy. All the naivety and consideration, the energy, it kept him alive. The innocence reminded him of the years where he wasn't some pyromaniac. The innocent hero he used to be, making maps. Or maybe he never had those years and she just gave him those kinds of feelings. It was great. He was aging, and the cancer he had was starting to pain him even more. It would be very possible that he would die within the next few years, so he needed to build something great. Something like what the boy he met had made would be a wonderful solution to heart conditions. A segway thought into what he could do with the design made him think about alterations that could be made.

Meanwhile, Luna brought him back into the real world as she continued showing him the different concepts she had for Mary-Kate. So childishly named. M-K. Mary-Kate. She'd likely name a brother automaton Marky. Then again, he couldn't lie to himself. He'd do it too. Chuckling at her playful take on the presentation, he sipped his whiskey and let it float from his hand back onto the table. Taking his hands and playing the drums on Luna's tummy, he leaned in and looked at her. "You know it's not safe to fall asleep there." Leaning back he put his arms behind his head and relaxed with Luna on his lap. "Speaking of my job as mayor, we have a banquet tonight to attend. Which means we have to wear fancy clothes. I know, I hate it too. But oh well. One of the rich families invited us and it'd be disrespectful not to go. Besides, they want to show me something."

Drake never liked the idea of being surprised with something. If it meant going into a room alone, especially without Luna, it usually made him a little afraid. After his experiences with L'Ombra, he had become much more wary of people. The so-called nobles of the world often tried playing the political game. While it may seem unfair, Drake suppressed them from gaining too much legal power over the economy. If he let them take control, then they would simple revert Twilight Town back to its original form and "Downhill" would spread to more areas. Which reminded him, he needed to attend to projects dealing with Downhill. Few wealthy families he trusted, not even the ones who invited him for tonight's banquet.

When Luna asked Drake about his sword, he couldn't help but warmly smile. A happy memory with a sad end. "Well, an old friend of mine made my first sword. For a while I just stole my weapons because I couldn't make them. I was actually homeless here, in Twilight Town. But by saving him from the mobsters who were dominating the lesser areas, he offered to build me a sword. I might have gotten them in a little bit of trouble, so his assistant never forgave me. But that sword has gotten me through thick and thin. I'll never touch it again. Not after the day Tsumiko had to operate on me." Drake put a hand to his gut, feeling pain from all his scars . Flashes stung into his eyes as he remembered the torture L'Ombra put him through. Covering his eyes, he couldn't help but try his best to hold back the crying.

"I need....I need a moment. It's still hard." AAAAAAAAAAH!!! Drake couldn't help but see young Darius demanding Tsubot remove his arms. That moment of intense pain. Then the destruction of Tsubot by the hands of Sparrow. And then watching Ellis get crushed right before his eyes. He lost many things that day. Coming back down to Earth, he sighed heavily before summoning his glass to him and clearing it out. "We can build Mary-Kate with a prototype heart. I can design an non-networked Ellis Spark and breath a little life into it. We'll need the materials from another world. After tonight I'll go ahead and head out to get them. Besides, I want to visit my old grotto on the way. Caesar is likely there protecting the kids from that damn demon." He referred to L'Ombra when he mentioned a demon, trembling with anger in remembrance. Looking back at Luna, his wet eyes just pleaded for her to help ease his worries.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaria Sat May 07, 2016 5:30 pm

He claimed that it wasn’t safe to sleep there, playing her stomach like a set of drums. “You say that, yet you put that place on lockdown every night. Friggin’ fortress, that place…” Lunaria mumbled under her breath, only to hear Darius mention a banquet. “Heh… Sucks to be-” “Wait, what?” Luna turned a pair of disbelieving teal eyes to the mayor, giving him a blank stare. “You don’t really expect me to wear a dress, do you? I don’t think I’ve ever worn one of them, and I don’t intend to start any time soon. Screw the rich people and their need to show off…” A suddenly grumpy Luna said, laying on her stomach across Darius’ lap.

But the synthy knew that, in the end, she’d be attending this banquet. The mayor had gotten into the habit of taking her along with him, for better or worse. But this one had to be the worst event yet, as she needed to be ‘fancy’. Couldn’t she just put on a nice pair of slacks and a tie and call it good?

Still grumbling, Luna listened to him tell the tale of the sword mounted on the wall. When he said that he had stole weapons, she turned a raised brow to him and gave him that shaming, yet playful, “Tsk.” But then, after hearing the rest of his tale, she pulled her pursed lips off to one side and appeared deep in thought. She had heard from the songstress herself what happened that day. It was gruesome, and unjust. If she ever got her hands on that L’Dorado guy, or whatever his name was, he was so going down…

Though when the memories came flooding back, it seemed to have an adverse effect on the mayor. Sitting up on his lap, Lunaria sat quite, hands folded neatly in her own lap overtop the datapad. She waited patiently for Darius to calm himself, before giving a soft couple of pats to the top of his head.

“I wanna go with you.” She said simply after he stated his plans. Hopping off his lap, she spun around and pointed a firm finger at him. “And I ain’t takin’ no for an answer. Why? Cuz I ain’t gunna let you go offworld and not take me. Oh, no no. You don’t get that privilege.” She wagged a finger at him before placing her hands on her hips and beaming with him. “Besides. I wanna take out the new models for a spin. Assuming that bastard dares to try anything funny, he’s gonna get a facefull of the OGFL might!~”

True, Lunaria had never come face-to-face with L’Ombra, and had only heard stories of what he was capable of, but she was confident that the two of them could take down any opponent. So long as they were together, working like the kickass team they were, she was confident they could triumph over any odds.
Lunaria
Lunaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Tue May 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Drake thought about the party they had to attend tonight, his mind disconnecting from reality and entering a fantasy of endless inferno. It was full of color, indigo flames and golden flames swirling together. Figures filled this realm, but only two retained a detailed form. Peering at them with golden eyes, he saw Izanagi and Caesar. Caesar represented the wisdom growing within as he aged, while Izanagi had pulled out the qualities of his youth...and the flaws. Caesar was in a meditative state while Izanagi was sitting on a small rock with his burning, skeletal body being more imposing. "I'm in the middle of something. I don't want her to think I'm on some psychotic break." Izanagi laughed as Caesar stood in a polite manner. Resting his hands behind his back, a slow delay of silhouettes of himself had repeated this same action six times. "I've been watching your suitors, Darius. From what I could gather, they plan to make a military deal with you." Drake, set aback by this, shook his head.

"No...what? They know I'm going to refuse. I won't allow them to use Twilight Town for their military plans." Caesar nodded, stepping back as Izanagi stepped forward. "Well, chief....I've been scoping out Neverland and it seems the kiddos are fine. I came back to meet with Caesar and well...I had to bust him out of a sticky situation. We trailed those suitors, as C put it, downhill and for some reason they're gathering bodies. I don't know why, but you don't like the idea of us being public so...we're gonna leave crumbs for the good ol' P-D." Drake nodded, waving a hand to dismiss his phantoms. Coming back to the real world mentally, he snapped and gasped for breath like he had been holding it for a few minutes. Well, he had and it might alarm Luna.

"Sorry, I zoned out. Yes, you have to wear a dress. If you refuse to do it yourself..." Smirking, he tapped the tippy-top of her nose. "I'm gonna have to put it on ya myself. Now, as for my trip outside of our lovely city..." Gently removing Luna to stand up, he stretched and brushed himself off, putting his hands to his side. "I'll be having the cleric go with me. I'll be safe, but I..." Looking away, Drake scratched his face with only the tip of his index finger. "...I need distance for this one. I know you don't like me leaving on my own, what with my limbs and all that. But don't worry...I'm ready for a meteor. " Looking left and right into the corners of his view without moving his head, he used it to express a sarcastic joking face. "That would probably kill me, however! Burning trees I can handle if I ever get a damn branch stuck in my arm again." Drake spoke in reference to L'Ombra impaling him,making light of the matter but also brushing it off.

Drake summoned his glass to his hand, finishing it off before turning it upside-down onto the tray before corking the bottle. Walking over to his sword, he put a hand to it. "Oh, by the way...You might want to come packing. I'm obligated to go to this damn thing, but I feel like the host is going to make me uncomfortable, and he's gonna make that comfort level turn into hostility really quick. And also, tip off the fire department. You know how much of a flare I have, dear." He turned to Luna, smiling before scratching his head. Checking the time via his prosthetic arm's PDA system, he realized it was time for one of his appointments. "Shit, five minutes 'til I meet with the T-T-P-D chief...Do I look alright?" He paced worriedly, not sure if he should go now or wait for Luna to give him validation.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaria Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Lunaria raised a brow at Darius. He had suddenly went immobile and unresponsive, as he’s done a handful of other times. The synthy thought that maybe they were just some sort of mental lapse due to fatigue or exhaustion, where he just stopped functioning. It concerned her, of course, but the woman wasn’t very knowledgeable when it came to the medical side of things. Her expertise lay in synthesis functionality, something that could be easily readjusted, unlike the human mind.

So when he started to go blue in the face from the lack of air, Luna puffed out a cheek and aimed to poke a finger at one of his. Before she made contact, he snapped to and gasped for air. It did indeed startle the synthy, and she flinched back. “Jesus! Warn me next time you decide zone out, Dray! Like, damn…” She scolded him, cursing in her sudden surprise.

Her furrowed brows only deepened at the mention of really actually needing to wear a dress, and groaned loudly. A light blush formed on her cheeks when he said he was going to force her into one if he had to. Refusing to let him see it, she turned her head away from him and crossed her arms with a light “Hmph.”

Her attention was drawn back with the excited anticipation of getting to leave Twilight Town on a little adventure. She was moved from her lazy positioning over his lap, and also stood, taking a spot beside Darius. Her excitement was slowly whittled away the more words flopped out of his mouth. Eventually, there was a deep scowl on her face.

“Really?” Came her short response. Luna was rather angry, but that showed itself on her face as a rather childish pout. “You’re really gonna leave me here?” She asked, and then turned her nose up to him, followed by her back. Crossing her arms over her chest, she gave him a, “Hmph,” and mumbled words under her breath. “So much for partners for life…”

She was going to pout some more, if what Darius said next wasn’t so interesting. The synthy slowly turned her head towards him with a raised, interested brow. Just what was he expecting to happen at this banquet? A declaration of war? Well, that went without saying that she didn’t go anywhere without some form of gear, but this? She was tickled curious. Sometimes, his weird ‘hunches’ had a strange knack for being right. But she nodded her head to his request regardless. “A-Alright. What should I tell the-” She was cut off by his sudden checking his watch.

Sighing, she dropped her head. “Yeah, you look fine.” She said, waving a dismissive hand.
Lunaria
Lunaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 am

Darius stopped in his tracks and smiled at Luna. He knew when she was angry, genuinely angry. He knew it wasn't fair to keep her locked up in the dungeon they lived in. She had to see sunlight sometimes, she needed to see suns more than her man. He was bright for those who viewed him, but he was such a cold moon on the inside. It felt like time stopped as he looked at the pouting mate of his. He's worked so hard for this. For Ellis. For having the ability to once again, confidently, step into the real world. He didn't know if she knew of the dangers, the wonders or the mystery of the outside. Outside these walls. Outside this world. Maybe he needed to let her experience that. "I really hope you'll have your things packed for after the banquet, you have until after my appointment, Miss!" He wagged his finger at Luna, acting serious momentarily before shifting into a humored shamble over to her.

Reaching and wagging his hand through her hair, he messed it up. He rushed into the bedroom, getting a suit on that was sharp with a bright, orange tie. He strapped his portable carrying device and armed it with an Ellis Spark, watching indigo energy escape his hand and swirl into the spark. He didn't need a pond like most miniature sparks. He was his own converter. Placing a charged spark inside the container, he watched it dematerialize and break down into the muzzle of the container. Stepping out his room, he held a dapper stance before walking off with a nod towards Luna. "Time to go talk to the old fart." Approaching the elevator, he just slightly looked over his shoulder, a swirl of wildfire whirling across his face as his glasses manifested. The hololens buzzed with its indigo light, lightly shading his eyes. Placing a hand on the wall, it opened up to reveal an elevator. Stepping into it, he looked down the hall before gulping and letting the wall shut.

Once he arrived in the office on the second floor of the mansion, he took a seat and scanned the tidy room. It had various knick-knacks and gizmos, much being imitations of things he's experienced. A firm knock on the door alarmed him, and he jolted. Straightening himself, he watched an elderly man enter the room and seat himself in front of the mayor. "I see you've dressed for the occasion. That's one complaint filled. So, Mister Perfect Genius, have you heard about the missing bodies?" Darius sighed, knowing that the chief would ask him about that. "Yes. You know I'm looking into it, in fact I have a lead myself." The Chief slammed his hand on the desk, standing up but then sitting down as to avoid a stroke. "You know how many times I've told you, you aren't a hero. You have to tell us. This is the job you assigned us to." Darius sighed once again, realizing he couldn't be who he once was...but that his shades could act for him.

"There is a banquet tonight. Sunset Terrace. It's one of the bank-rollers for a P-M-C. I intend on refusing whatever god-awful offer they decide to deal me. But I'm going to need some boys around the parameter. Put an extra patrol around the block, and see about getting some inside boys. You know how Twilight Town used to be, Derek. You know the game is still being played, I just have to do my best to find it, snuff it out and ban it." The chief nodded, reluctantly agreeing. "You're right. I'll have my boys undercover and surveying the place. We'll have some snipers post up and I'll send my boy Streak out into one of the safe-houses with a unit to be ready to lead swat into the prick's mansion if things go south." Darius shrugged his shoulders, having a fiery glint in his eye. "Alright, D. Just look for the smoke and the giant hole in the building. Luna's going to be there. We can't let another Del Rey or Strisciante into this town."

The two sat in silence, as if they saw a huge firefight waiting to happen, and it was coming tonight. Barely enough time to set up, so most of the units will be blind. "I'm going to assume Bag-o-Bones and Gandhi are going to be hiding too?" "Yeah, I can't risk revealing anything. I'm glad I can trust you, D. Alright, I have to go plan a trip. I'll expect you to be good without me here for a week or so?" "I guess. But you should leave Gandhi behind. If anything goes south, he'll keep us safe." "Always needin' a hero." Revealing a cigar, the chief began puffing on it after he gestured Darius to light it for him, which he did. "At least it ain't a kid." Darius laughed. Derek knew who he was, but then again Derek was also someone who used to work for the Darkson's who kept an eye on the poor boy. He could trust Derek with his life....though he wouldn't want to because the old man was an inch away from a HNNNGH death.

Dismissing the chief, Darius/Drake went through his scheduler, marking off the next few weeks as time to take a vacation and pay homage to Ellis in Neverland. He was excited, and couldn't help but be excited by the idea of Luna tagging along. Their first real outing. Getting up from his chair, he moved back down into the first floor, watching civilians come and go. Taking it in, he smiled warmly before returning to the elevator and going back down to Luna.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaria Fri May 20, 2016 1:38 am

She blinked at Darius, a little taken aback by his suddenly changing his mind. Lunaria turned to face with, taking a firm stance. “Wait, really?” She asked in disbelieve. A smile crept on to her lips when she seen that serious composure crack and shift into something more humored. Did… Did her pouting actually work for once? She was going to get to go with him on an adventure outside the town? “A-Ah! Right! I’ll be sure to- H-hey!” The synthy grumbled as Darius ruffled her hair. She paused for a moment to fix her hair and pull up the hood to her hoodie to further protect it as she followed after him. She was going to burst in there and disturb his proceedings, but knew that he had actual business to get to. It wouldn’t do if the mayor was late to a meeting. Pfft. Responsibilities…

He came out looking rather fancy, and Luna gave him a critical nod of her head as she looked him over. “Pret-ty tight, Dray. Now…” She trailed off to visibly shiver. “...to find a dress to wear to your stupid banquet… But have fun talking to the geezer!~” She waved him goodbye to the dapper man and entered into the bedroom herself. She started at the open wardrobe for a long time, continuously groaning as she gazed at the feminine pieces of clothing. This was seriously demeaning to her image…

After a time, Luna just sighed a picked a random one, throwing it on the to bed to start preparing the more important things. Darius told her to come armed, and so she was. But how to do so in an inconspicuous manner… Lunaria looked to the dress she pulled and went to immediately pull another. The short little number that she had selected would do no good for her plan. Completely genius. Very original. Strapping her gear to her leg for when it would be needed, if it was. So the synthy figured she’d need a longer dress to hide it, and appear like the proper and defenseless lady that she wasn’t.

Slipping into the dress, Luna went to leave the room, stopping as she passed by a mirror. She hummed to herself as she took a good look. The bodice flowed seamlessly into the tulle skirt, and intricate gemwork connected the two ends. Of course, it was require that it was orange, or gold, or a combination of the two. What with Darius’ fiery personality, it would have been only proper that she match. That, and he was wearing an orange tie. May as well color coordinate. With another sigh, Luna geared up in a sneaky fashion, slipped on a pair of elbow length gloves, and walked out of the room just in time for Darius to return.

“Ey, Dray. Just in time. I’m all set to go and shhh….. Er… Ahem. I’m all ready.” Damn, this whole proper lady thing was going to be harder than she thought. Diligence, Luna. Diligence.
Lunaria
Lunaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri May 20, 2016 2:30 am

Coming back down to his home, Drake was taken off guard by his mate. She was already dressed and it wasn't even close to being time to head over to Sunset Terrace. But he didn't care, because she was stunning. Maybe it was the fact he was so used to seeing her in the same clothes that didn't remind him every day of her beauty, but when she donned a dress it had given him a fresh review of her. In the same moment he dropped his jaw, he realized that he was being too absorbed by everything to really keep notice of Luna. He felt awful it took something like this. It shouldn't need some fancy, arbitrary dress. It has been a long twenty years, Luna deserved more for her endurance. Enduring his physical therapy. Spending nearly every day with him, the arguments they've had over designs.

He wouldn't undo any of that, and he was proud to have her for the ball or banquet or whatever. He just wanted to pick her up and hold her up like Simba, whoever that was. Smiling with some dumb, mouth-open expression, he shook his head and wagged out of his stun. "You make me remember how much I hate politics...But damn, I love the city almost as much as you." He shrugged in admittance. He stretched out his arm, a gust of wind whirling around Luna, pushing against the sides of her dress to try and bring her closer to himself in a spinning motion if he she didn't resist. "You know we have, like, several hours until the banquet, right? I mean, I get that you're eager to make all the pinky-up, sharp-nosed sallies self-conscious and jealous...." He had that sly smile of his, something he never lost from his childhood.

He might have lost his cockney accent, but he would never let go of some of his finer qualities. "Well, I don't want you to ruin that dress...So how about you change into some lab clothes and we can go make things explode!" He knew she'd be eager enough to say yes for more than just the idea of pyromania. She probably hated the dress, and he didn't blame her. Drake was surprised she even had those kind of dresses, but probably knew that she needed them at some point. "Oh, about the appointment. Sunset Terrace is going to be under the Department's eyes. So hopefully nothing happens." If she flowed to him, he'd try to embrace her gently and try to dance with her. "I know you hate this, though. We can't even talk about our craft without boring the noble stiffs." He hated the nobles and their existence, but knew that it was just a quasi-presence. They held no power on the world itself, he made sure of that.

The power was in the hands of the masses, but he would never let the roots of corruption spread. If he did, then it would be his own fault for letting sewage slip through the cracks.
"
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaria Sun May 22, 2016 1:54 am

Walking into the living space, Lunaria was messing with the glove, trying to adjust it so that she no longer wore it all twisted and whatnot. She stopped to grumble, and eventually give up on trying to get it to set right. That’s when she looked up and noticed that she wasn’t alone in the room.

“What?” was her simple response to the look that Darius gave her. She couldn’t help the way that her cheeks heated up from his stare. Casting her eyes off to the side and pulling her lips into a pout, Luna huffed. “If it’s that bad then-” She stopped when he spoke, tipping her head upright and giving him a straight-faced expression. “Come again?” Politics? L-Love..? Again, the synthy looked away, though this time from embarrassment.

She squeaked when suddenly, her body was twirling in his direction. It had taken her by surprise, so she wobbled a little in the heels that she wore. “H-Hey! Wh-What do you think you’re doing?” She asked as she was soon standing before that smirking man. “Wait, what!? No way!” She did not enjoy hearing that there was still time before she had to get ready. “You said to be ready after your appointment! Unless I misheard something. Which is… completely possible, I guess…” Luna’s anger slowly dissipated as she debated on whether or not she actually did mishear him. She was sure she didn’t. The synthy then “Hmph”ed and turned her head to the side, eyes closed. Without her hood up to hide it, one would be able to notice the short length her hair was in the back, with the two full tufts in the front giving the illusion that she had some pretty long hair. “Damn right I’ll make ‘em jealous…” She’d say under her breath.

There was a dramatic breath of relief that passed her lips at was next suggested. “Ya know, getting into this damn thing was a pain in the ass, but I’ll take you up on that offer with the only requirement being that you help me back into it.” She said, looking into his eyes with a smirk. He knew her so well, and that was exactly what needed to be suggested for the woman to forgive Darius for his earlier transgressions. Making her belief that she needed to be ready so soon and put on this fancy-pansy dress. The only reason she had any dress was for these sort of events. And for as much of a tomboy as she was, Luna was secretly in love with the idea of being that one girl that turns heads from her drop-dead beauty.

Being taken into his arms, Luna listened and clumsily danced as he described the outcome to their meeting. Or, at least, what she assumed to be the outcome. She wasn’t really in tune with what went on in those meetings, and she preferred to keep it that way. Not only did the synthy hate politics, but they bored her to near death. And it was turning out that she wasn’t too great at dancing either. Damn… Best stay away from the dance floor, unless Darius was only with having an embarrassing dance partner as her.

“You can say that again. I mean, if it weren’t for what we created, this world wouldn’t be as advanced as it is now. A lot of the comforts that they have wouldn’t even exist!” She said with clear hints of irritation. Those ungrateful pricks needed a good what-for. Thankfully, Darius managed to keep some sort of leash on them. So there was that.
Lunaria
Lunaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun May 22, 2016 3:14 am

Drake always found it funny how Luna acted so self-conscious whenever he looked at her like he just did. Other people didn't pique her interest, but he was the same green rock she was for him. Anxiety, denial, happiness, even warmth. While she was always conflicted by the things he said, he knew that he brought out parts of her that she wouldn't realize if she kept to herself like she did. She brought out the guardian in him, the lover and the father he wanted to be. The father he could never be. He wanted it so bad, but it would never be a truly attainable connection between the two and maybe it was for the best. He didn't even know if she wanted kids, but what they made already filled in some of those gaps. It was a pity, this woman was definitely someone he wanted to see have little devils. His, in fact.

When she complained about needing to be ready for the banquet, he couldn't help but laugh, thinking either she had worsening ears or she was just in denial that he actually said yes to her accompanying her. Meanwhile, he guided her while they danced, adapting to her wonky and untrained movements. Twirling with her in his arms, he felt happiness surge through his body. An orange aura radiated off his body, and in the heat of the moment he unraveled the dance and spread his arms out. Threads of magic exuded from his body, dashing through the air in loops and hops and zags. Wisps of magic shaped into various dancing animals as they darted around the couple. Getting a little jumpy from excitement, Drake had looked towards the ceiling with a wide smile. "Silly, I said make sure you're ready for the trip! Because you're going to see a lot more of this. The stars, the fire...I hope you know how to read a map."

Drake took the energy back into his body, realizing that he lost control of himself for that brief moment. Something he couldn't shake from when he was a kid, that uncontrollable leakage of magic. The spirits he couldn't stop from secreting from his body. Suddenly, Drake spaced out. Moments passed by as he simply did nothing nor said anything. Coming back to reality, he didn't even realize what happened so he just turned to his mate. "Well, of course I'll help you! Especially after the banquet,,," He whispered the second half under his breath, trailing off while taking a peak behind. "Now, c'mon...let's make shit go boom!" Drake waved towards the elevator, needing to relieve some stress.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaria Tue May 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Luna wasn’t necessarily against the idea of children, but there was something that told her she wouldn’t have made a very good one. Her nose always in her tinkerings, and an attitude that was hardly mature enough to call her an adult, she didn’t exactly scream ‘mother’ like her former boss-lady did. Now that woman was, like… built for motherhood. Instead, Lunaria when about creating something for both herself and Darius that they could treat like children. It was the closest they’d get, she figured. And she loved every creation they made.

As she thought about that, and the happiness that it brought to her, the awkward dancing eased up and became a more natural, albeit slightly so. A warmth enveloped them, and Luna made to rest her head against Darius’ chest. It lasted only a short moment before she was released. Turning her teal eyes up to see what he was up to, the jumping wisps of magic had easily caught her eye. Looking off to the side, a smile crept unknowingly to her lips, and the synthy let out a soft sound of amazement. This wouldn’t have been the first time that he’d stunned her with his substantial control over such a thing as magic.

His voice drew her attention away, and Luna looked to him, the blush returning to her cheeks. “O-Oh, well, yeah. I did that, too.” She said, looking off to the side. “And if I can read your weird diagrams and blueprints, then I’m certain I can read a map or two.” Luna teased him with a smirk.

Bringing the magic show drew to a close, Darius seemed to zone out once more. Raising a brow, the synthy leaned in to poke at his cheek, stopping only when he came to. Her short moment of concern quickly ended when he spoke. Stuttering a bit, Luna glowed a bright red. “Y-Yeah..!” She mumbled with a nod and picked up the skirt of her dress so that she could run (sorta) after him. Running in heels was a modern mystery.
Lunaria
Lunaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down