MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
I don't regret the life I chose. EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

I don't regret the life I chose.

Go down

I don't regret the life I chose. Empty I don't regret the life I chose.

Post by Simon Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:40 am

The Radiant Garden.

One of the most magnificent worlds in all the universe. A place of learning. Where magic, technology, art, and everything else that makes life good, can be pursued in peace. Perfectly protected, perfectly governed. The crown jewel of creation.

The innards of the grand castle speak to that. Machinery is scattered throughout it, for research on so many things. Supposedly, the last Castellan sought to crack the code of the heart. Light, Darkness. Legend has it, he even built a working gateway to Kingdom Hearts. Of course, these are fairy tales; nobody actually BELIEVES that.

...The time is late summer, The evening. ...Or, is it, perhaps, winter? Seasons never seemed to work right, in these lands. The blessed moon shares the sky with the setting sun, the world lit strangely by the two celestial forms. It's a time when magic can happen. ...And so, it did.

Behind countless locked doors, in a dusty hall deep in the heart of the castle, a large, bronze apparatus sits, occupying most all of the room. The room was only barely lit by long forgotten runes, the lights gleaming strangely off the massive brass piping. The entire place was long since abandoned, long since forgotten. But, the ductwork still extends though the castle. The mythical Door to Darkness. The ducting is usually silent. ...So, imagine the shock when the old brasswork in the castle groaned to life. ...And kept groaning.

Within this long forgotten chamber, the dust in the center of the raised dais was blown aside, the heart-shaped gate issuing forth a violet smoke, filling the room, rapidly. It hung in the air for a few moments, before coalescing back on the dais. A strange, egg-shape of obsidian formed, resting in a small cup-like base, affixed firmly to the dais. As it finally took shape, the apparatus from which it issued rattled and coughed, returning to its dormant state.

...Surely, that got someone's attention.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

I don't regret the life I chose. Empty Re: I don't regret the life I chose.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:03 am

Now what?

Although attention was already well received by a combination of the royal guard and the odd observant bystander. From within the confines of a digital sectors alarms were going off in response to the sudden state of activity. If the cause was seeking to be noticed. Well they had just succeeded in one of the more problematic of ways for them. Surely, whoever they were, understood they were trespassing. Oh what hell they were in for soon enough.

Almost as if on command the atmosphere about the abandoned room began to shift. In the center a small portion of the area seem to distort. As if something was messing with the overall appearance. However, this became harder to believe as the distortion grew stronger. Floor and wall would blend in a swirling motion as the very fabric of reality was bent. Eventually giving way to the sound of a ripping and the arrival of crack. Slowly it would progressively open to reveal a person from within.

Out into the open space an undetermined figure stepped out. A strong surge of pure light shining from behind them while a constant flow of pixelated information spilled out by the dozen at their feet. Frantically these pixels worked to reveal a woman's physical appearance. Taking several seconds before accomplishing their goal in doing so. Forward she would advance as they dispersed from her body. In wake, revealing a rather pale lady with hair as dark as coal and eyes the hue of emeralds. From behind the tail end of a white lab coat would fluttered as she approached the dais without hesitation. On her face, an expression of what appeared as mild annoyance.

Through the focus of sleek glass frames her eyes did immediately direct themselves to the obsidian formation. A new addition she had neither anticipated nor ordered of her own volition. Just what was it exactly and more importantly what was it doing here? Had it been the cause for disturbance? All these questions and more circulated through her mind as she remained focus on the unexpected arrival. The portal which had transported her closing behind as she took to the task at hand.

Firm in her approach, a brief flash of brilliant flames engulfed her right hand. In turn revealing a intricately designed keyblade as they were just as quickly extinguished. With the blade now at her side she prepared to be nimble for any situation. Should the thing prove hostile she would be ready to defend on a moment's notice. Upon closer inspection the formation seemed to be in a state of dormancy. Strange, considering how it somehow arrived in this place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm

The woman approaching would feel a soft pulse from an amulet strung around her neck. Pulses which were matched by the apparatus in the center of the dais. Violet energy flowed in shockwaves from the base to the top, the entire core of the thing seeming to shudder.

Seams opened in the egg shape, its outermost layer peeling away like flower petals, revealing a slightly smaller duplicate of the same shape. And, so on this same pattern repeated, the blooms getting more and more intricate with each cycle. Eventually, what dominated the center of the dais was a massive, elaborate flower of obsidian. A series of black stalks, like unto stamen, held up a figure in the center. A young, dark-skinned man, dressed ina contemporary style. Black shirt, white pants, black boots, blue coats. He seemed to drip with valuable metals and precious stones, various baubles adorning his ears, fingers, and his long, silvery hair. He seemed to just exude energy, like nothing else.

...An energy the young woman might find familiar. One she'd known for a long, long time... But, it was different. Changed. Something basic, something primal, happened to his man. At present, he simply hung there, half-reclined in the obsidian stamen, a soft amethyst mist rolling out of the center of the "flower".
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:25 am

Unbelievable. As the trinket piece pulsated from under the fabric of her shirt a hand immediately rose up to her chest. This was not practical. There was no reason it should be have been producing such a reaction. Well not completely truthful. There was a single reason however not one that made any logical sense to this place and time. As seconds ticked by the rhythmic thrum would continue and grow stronger. This setting her nerves on a heavy alert. This couldn't be happened. There was no reason for it do this. Not here, not now. At least that's what her mind led her to believe.

Far from aware of the presence before her eyes. The obsidian structure finally activated it's true purpose. A pulse similar to that of the trinket filled the empty hall. Followed by a quick succession of shock waves. All of which was being directed to and from the egg. Within moments seams gave way to the structure opening from the inside. It's protective shell revealed to be built upon layers and layers of substance which peeled back and away much like the petals of a flower. Until the core was completely exposed.

All the sudden commotion made Axis step back in caution. Her blade being raised and pointed in the direction of the unraveled construct. Just from actions alone it was becoming brutally obvious that the situation as a whole made her rather unsettled. The developments thus far made no sense. Which only fueled the tension in her system ten fold. Still her eyes watched on intensely as a figure was revealed hidden from within the core. A man with silver hair and dark skin. Mage like clothes adorned with a wide variety of accessory about his body. Flashy, elegant, and unconscious. Hell of a mixture.

"What in the given hell..."

Axis couldn't help but mutter out the words as her eyes analyzed the man. The trinket now pulsating at an alarming rate as her heart's own beat became in sync with it. She was far from frightened and yet her gut felt like it could drop. No, it's wasn't fear that threatened her but rather anticipation one could say or at least something similar to it. Though for what she was lost to. None of this made any lick of sense. Not to her.

Clearly not injured by first glance with the exception of showing no signs of movement. Axis took a depth breathe in and slowly let it all go before deciding to approach. Her blade lowered as her grip grew tight on the handle. A reaction in regards to the immense rush of sensations running their course. She tried to remain in a steady state of mind set. There was an unconscious man on the floor of her castle. First thing was first, make sure that he was okay. If not, then provide aid to best of ability. When she was close enough Axis would kneel down beside him. Lightly nudging his shoulder with a finger from her free hand as she called out in a gentle tone. "Anyone in there?"

Getting a better view of him from the closeness. She couldn't help but feel an urgent sense of familiarity about him. As if to say, this was someone she definitely knew. Yet she couldn't place a name. Seem this kind of thing was becoming a nuisance of a habit from once person to the next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 am

The man didn't seem to react to her, at all. ...Which is not to say she got no reaction.

The amulet about her neck began to hum, softly. And, if her ears were keen, she could hear a similar humming. A splinter of crystal, wrapped up in orichalc, hung from the end of his single braid, which was slung over his shoulder. And, it hummed with the exact frequency of the amulet she wore.

The humming also resonated with the construct he hung from. It began to crack and splinter, before disintegrating outright, falling about them as a pile of black sand. The man's consciousness still nowhere to be found, he fell forward into the sand pile. As he hit his knees, what appeared to be a pocket watch fell from his jacket, bouncing off the thin sand layer, and opening as it finally came to a stop. A soft, chiming melody began playing from it. A song she'd know well.

So, maybe tonight we'll start all over
Like it's the first day of our lives!
Right here and now, no second chances.
Maybe we'll finally get it right...

These feelings, that song...

...Who was this man?
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:44 pm

"Si- mon..."

The name trickled broken and disjointed from lips that immediately gaped in shock. First the amulet, then that song, and now this man. It all made a tremendous amount sense within the turn of an instance. Here he was after separation of what felt like an eternity. Which probably wasn't too far off given the nature of their traveling arrangements. Even so, that didn't make the situation any less emotional for her. Finally he had returned but in a condition that immediately set her natural sense of worry ablaze with intensity. Sure his flesh spoke otherwise of injury. Unscathed and untouched by whatever had caused him to enter the world in such a state. That didn't account for the stasis which locked him in a concernable slumber.

In about the time the eye could blink Axis rushed forwards. Blade thrown to the ground where it produced a loud clank noise before lying dead against the stone tile. Flames all but choked and extinguished from it's length upon her sudden delve into trauma. Down to her knees she threw herself beside him. Arms immediately wrapped around shoulders as she did her best to lift him into her hold. This universe had not been kind to her upon entering. So her limited strength gave way to physical strain. Of which she did ignore for nothing would stop her from embracing this man.

Her grip grew tighter with complete unawareness as she lightly placed two fingers against the skin of his neck. She did her best to locate the vein that would produce a pulse. To relief he was breathing but just barely. Feint and like a trace in the wind. Was he dying already? No, he couldn't be or rather she wouldn't let that be the case if she could help it. She had just gotten him back after spending countless nights alone in hopes he would appear again. Damnable it would be if he went away now. Without so much as a second thought she laid him gently back down and at the press of a button activated the technical goggles on her head.

Placing them over her eyes, two display screens flickered to life. At which point she did a mad dash to mentally input a couple command codes. Only seconds after did a portal, similar to the one she had used to enter, appear from beneath them both. A gateway back to the digital realm which transported them to her personal quarters. Her keyblade dematerializing behind them. Back in the safety of the Grid Axis had Simon laid upon her bed. Around the room she began to move about wildly. A holographic panel opened in one of her palms as she frantically input commands to prepare a medical set up. Her nerves in a wreck of panic for the man she held so dear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 am

The touch of another had an effect almost immediately.

You see, Simon's current state wasn't one indicative of harm. No, physically, he was fine. Mentally, too. ...Now.

Until the crumbling of his pod, Simon had entered a strange form of stasis; Body in a state of near-total metabolic arrest, leaving his consciousness to sort out what it needed to. A meditative state like no other. However, the sheer amount of dust in his hair and clothes spoke to having spent an age in that pod. What could have taken so long? Indeed, what could take an immortal so many ages to sort through? They have so very few problems.

You'd be surprised, friend. This was for the purpose of reaffirming his Reason. Forming his Thesis. And, in forming hos thesis, his ancient epithets withered away. The Bellicose Nobleman, the Sky-Eyed Piper... They didn't mean anything anymore, with the Thesis he'd finally formed.

...He didn't wake, however, until being deposited in the Grid. His eyes came open, and, he slowly sat up, swinging his feet over the side. He surveyed the chamber, quickly finding its only occupant.

"...Oh, pretty girl. I'd know you anywhere. Did you miss me?" He thought to himself. How appropriate that his first moments in his new life would be with her. He stood from the bed, seeing her fiddling about with all manner of devices. Always busy, miss Genesis. He figured he'd leave her to it, calling up a mirror to examine himself in.

...His shock was evident. He'd known he would change, but, the specifics bothered him. He resembled the form he took as a Nobody. Though, not nearly that huge. And, these clothes... All this jewelry. ...Earrings? What the hell!?!

"Hm." He vocalized, to nobody in particular, before turning his gaze to Axis. 

"A touch too bi-shounen, for my tastes, I think. But, then, you've always liked the bishies, so, I can't really complain, now, can I?"

With a wide smile, he turned to face her, fully, his arms spread wide. 

"Did you miss me?"
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Unaware to the development from behind Axis continued to dart about the room. Holopanel practically rapped upon and verging on the threat of damage from the force of her fingers. A high state of tension was visible across the reaches of her body. The situation taking it's respective toll on her system as a whole and rightfully so. She dare not leave him to slip away before she even had a chance to say hello. The consequences of letting his heart stop were dire ones that she would not allow to greet her. Not now. Not if she had a fighting chance to decide otherwise. He was going to live dammit. He had to.

So heavily invested in hasted decisions of panic. Axis was more than oblivious when Simon finally broke his stasis. Awoken in simple fashion as if he had just risen from nothing more than a brief nap. The difference being that this time he was reborn in a new image. One that in equal portion was both familiar and foreign all at once. Even as distracted as she was. The interlude of a voice, his voice, was all it would take to seize the women's attention.

As engaged as she was in unnecessary preparations. It only took a second for her to realize that someone was speaking. At which point she was stopped dead in her tracks. Momentum gained from the rush almost outright tripping her though she was quick to keep her balance for the most part. Emerald hues slowly became wide, her lips parting slightly with nothing more than silence to offer to the question. How was he awake? How was this happening? He was nothing but a limp body a second ago. There was no way. Then again... This was Simon. The single most dramatic individual to enter her life and by far one of the more annoying for it.

Lords help him if he had been waiting for her back to be turned all this time. If so, well, the reaction received would probably be far from his desired intention. One did not simply toy with her emotions and walk away without sustaining battle scars along the way. Her back remained towards him. Shoulders visibly shaking a little as she processed what was going on. This was it. The chance she had been hoping and waiting for. His return. Yet somehow it felt a touch bittersweet. Perhaps from the way he was immediately engaging her after invoking such a wide range of intense feelings from within all at once. Dangerous game and no doubt he knew it.

Before long Axis turned without a word spoken. Holopanel slipping from her hand and dismantling itself into fragments before contact was made with the floor below. The pace in her steps was drawn out and heavy as if being dragged to some extent. Her head sunk low as she approached him directly. Such a display made it appear as if all the energy she had channeled only moments ago was suddenly drained from her being completely. A pale hand raised as if to reach out and touch him the closer she got. Then without so much as a warning something came forth. Something not very nice. In comparison she was incredibly weaker than his current form but unaware in that fact the hand balled to a tight fist. Which when she was in range came about in his direction as hard and as fast as she could muster.

A shot that would impact his cheek if not handled appropriately. It seemed rage was knocking on the front door of her subconscious and was determined to rise to the surface before she would even be able to catch it herself. Not that she had the control to in honesty. Too much, too soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:59 am

The hit sent him to the floor.

Now… Simon could have, easily, evaded the blow. His reflexes and body speed were both so amped, Axis’ hand almost moved in slow motion. …But, he knew better than that. Axis isn’t violent; so, for her to actually put hands on him was important. He took the hit, and let himself take it, hard.

The thud resounded through the room as he came to a stop. Seemingly unfazed, however, he sat up, gingerly rubbing his cheek.

…Okay, now, I know I did SOMETHING wrong, but, I’m gonna need a little context, here.

…Although he wasn’t keen on being slapped, he really did miss this. After being alone with his own thoughts for so long, Simon relished her company. As much as Axis meant to him, she was far too precious to him for him to think any other way. …It dawned on him, though, that, the surroundings of this place looked… Different. A lot of dark, a lot of glowing circuitry…

…The Grid? He supposed he shouldn’t be surprised, but, he’d thought Axis had given her all to the place. What was there left to do? His questions were many, but, wisely, he held his tongue.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:28 am

The moment her fist made contact she jumped on him like a predator to it's prey. Tight hands immediately grasping him by his cloak as he sat up once more. If she were a stronger woman she would have went so far as to lift him from his place. However with a lack a strength and him being rather sizable in comparison even in this new form. She was at a lost to take it any further than this. Instead she forced him close as a free hand wasted no timing reeling back into the air. A threat that at any moment she would pull back and nail him again across the face. However even in that instance of harsh punishment her body shook with sensations of a frightened little girl. No doubt he could see it too.

She didn't want to hit him. Not intentionally by any means. Something compelled her to this level of hostility. A practice that she hardly even condoned in any form much less allowed herself the pleasure of conducting. Yet here she was with a hand raised to her beloved like a common villain. The grounds for domestic abuse already set into motion the moment she had made physical contact with him. It was all so disgusting. Even her body was in agreement as her stomach violently bellowed at her from inside. Twisting and turning in ways that almost made her want to be sick.

Even so the fierce frustrations of the moment appeared like the fires of hell in her eyes. Her brow deep in furrow while her teeth clenched together. Sharp fangs bared as if she could take a bite out of him on a whim. With Simon in hand she tried desperately to keep her face from turning sad. He would get no tears from her if she could damn well help it. After all this time he didn't deserve them yet. "You bastard..." Such an insult trickled weakly from her pale lips. Painful and almost as low as a whisper. She could feel the lump of sorrow expanding in her throat as she tried to say more. It almost succeeding in choking off her speech completely. "How dare you just... After making me wait so long... How dare you..." The quiver from her body traveled back and forth between furious and calm as she forced herself to confront him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 am

...She wasn't wrong.

She has, absolutely, every right to be angry with him, the way he ran off. For how LONG he ran off. In fact, if it weren't for his revelation, he'd've probably stayed gone. Let her go on (because she HAS to've adjusted, by now) and live her life, without his interference.

But, there was no way he could do that, now. He knew better.

As for how she was, now... ...He could tell her, flat-out, what he was thinking. Lay all of his drama, all of his psychosis, on her, like he always did. Perhaps he could get mad, indignant that she'd be so wrathful with him. But, again. He knew things. He knew better. That was the kind of man he was, when he left. The kind of man he knew that, for her sake, he couldn't be.

...For her sake. ...One might almost mistake that for selflessness. But, is it really selfless, when you're putting it all aside, because you, realistically, cannot do without that person?

Regardless, he knew what was needed, here.

Back to Basics.

"Tabula Rasa..." He muttered, under his breath.

...His expression, once serious, turned to a smile. They were already close, so, he put his hand behind her head, pulling her down, and claiming her nearly-white lips with his own, far more vibrant in color. He held the kiss only for a moment, before releasing her, knowing he could still well be expecting to take another blow to the head. He knew full-well just how exasperating he was.

But, then, half the time, that was the whole point, anyway.

"Hey, now, what's all this?" He asked, hands on either side of her face. "Throwing me to the ground, and mounting me, all in a huff. This oughta be happy, right?"

...Yeah, he wasn't buying that, either. After letting your own mind be a personal hell for so long, you don't usually do happy. So, he could see where it'd ring hollow. He had to hearken back...

...And, it came to him, a wisp of a memory, that grew to a cacophany in his head. He sat up, and whispered... Or, rather, sang, into her ear. A song from another world, another time. Something that'd only have meaning to them. The song was teasing, in its lyrics, but happy. Or, at least, he thought so.

"Testing, Testing. I'm just suggesting
you and I might not be the best thing.
Exit, exit, somehow I guessed it right... Alright!
"

He pulled back, a mischievous, almost youthful light in his eyes. ...Those who knew him before would find it odd; the man seemed to always carry the weight of ages. His gaze and expression almost made it seem like he expected her to pick the lyric up where he left off.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:32 am

It could be said that rage and passion were but the spectral opposites that merged together in perfect union. An all too clever relationship that though one worked against the other, in doing so they more complimented each other hand in hand without intention. A theory that was more often a testament between them both. Which as her trembling lips were forcibly pressed against the embracing warmth of his own without so much as a warning became truth once again. Lips locked she hadn't the choice to counter in time. His hands had been so stealthily sneaky as they were notoriously known to be. Caught off her guard within an instance not that it would have been that hard to begin with. Already being distracted and jaded in all the wrong ways it was a mere simple feat in honesty.

Conflicted beyond confusion. Fists full of cloak grew tighter in opposition as they attempted to push away. The weakness in her arms as they shook violently in sync with the rest of the body holding her back from escape. An immediate variety of malevolent tactics coming and going as suggestions for the upper hand. A bite of the lip, a kick to the nether region, or maybe a quick knee to the stomach. All of which could result in success or failure. With him it was always an double edged sword with anything and everything. An unpredictability to the bitter end every time. This being far from exception.

The longer they remained in each others presence the more unbearable her flood of emotions became. All at once she felt a great deal of things. All difficult to explain let alone try to figure out. It was all too much and made her feel as if she could drop at any moment. What a scene that would be to let him see. No, she had to hold on. He didn't deserve it. Not after everything he had done. No, not now, not ever. Although fighting to break free at an unsuccessful rate her crimson head fell forward against him. Her face hidden in the nearest shoulder as eyes of emerald grew wider. It was like she was going insane. Everything collapsing in on her all in one go. To think a moment that should otherwise be as he said. Simple and Happy. Such a tender moment could make it seem like the world was falling out around her. Then again, if she was being honest, that's how it was to be with him all the time. So intense with or without him. The kind of reaction he had always gotten out of her from day one. Neverending.

Broken from her daze of realization and yet far from as calm as she would have preferred to be. A set of harmonious lyrics entered her attention. His tone melodious in the moment as he sung sweet words from days long since passed. He was trying, for her sake, he was trying. Something he never gave up doing no matter how much she chose to disbelieve it. He had always been for her sake, for her safety, for her sanity. Everything all in hopes for her. A trait they both shared for one another. Only one being more stubborn than the other to admit. Frozen in place even though her body refused to cease it's incessant twitching of nerves. She listened on instinct her eyes on the brink of treason as she could feel the sore swell of tears invading. No, not like this. She couldn't let him do this to her again. Please, not again, not like this.

Though his tune went on, for the first time throughout the one sided argument she pulled him close against her. Not of affection but rather of fear. Her face being dug in against his flesh as a means to mask her expression. She wouldn't let him see her do it. Her tears were not his to have. Not if she could help it. Tight against his person she persisted without so much as a means to let up. If he wanted to see her then he was going to have to pry her off because she was adamant in not moving for anything. An effort in vain as her body grew more unstable. Shoulders popping up and down with no steady rhythm but still an indication of the turmoil inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 am

...Well. THIS was different.

When he'd left, his own foul attitude and, if we're being honest, stark lunacy, had left Axis almost emotionally catatonic. That's half the reason WHY he left; he couldn't do that to her anymore. But, this is...

As near as he could tell, she was fighting every single emotion. All of it. Sorrow, joy, rage, it was as though she wanted to feel nothing at all, but had no say in the matter.He couldn't make sense of it, himself. Unless... ...Unless his running off made her even worse. As bad as hew as making her, maybe he was also what was keeping her in one piece, emotionally. Without him, she shut down. And, with him back... It'd be like trying to boot a computer with its directory scrambled. Utter chaos. He cursed himself, inwardly, thinking he was to blame. 

He put his arms around the MCP, who was trying so hard not to crash, and let himself recline, leaving him flat on the floor, and her on top of him. He knew one trick, one that always worked, when things were simpler. He was, admittedly, pretty awful at it. Or, at least, he thought he was. But, he knew better than to fix what wasn't broken.

His fingers on her back began to tap out a soft, but quick percussion. A familiar tune, but, not the same one as before. The words poured forth, in that quiet, yet expressive, singing voice he'd developed so long ago.

"I know... I never make this easy. That it's easi~er to disappear.
You said "Gimme some~thing that I hold onto, together, yeah, anywhere but here.
Sing it back, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh~ohh, oh-oh, oh-oh~ohh
"

He kept his arms around her, holding her close; he had no intention of letting her go, now.

"And I'm beggin' you, bring me back to life!
I just can't stand leavin' you 'lone tonight.
It's too late to go, already taken me forever just to try, you know?
One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go-oh!
For the life of me, I dunno why it took me so long to see.

I just, stutter stutter stutter, di-di-di-di-di-di-di-did I-
Stutter stutter stutter, di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-did I-
Stutter stutter stutter, di-di-di-di-di-di-di-did I-
stutter stutter stutter, di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-did I-
"

His free hand, not keeping the drumbeat, went up to her hair, fingers running through it. He forced himself to sing from his diaphragm, so that his chest hummed with every syllable.

"Sunshine blinds you if you stare, but I see crystal clear.
So, here I am! You can take or leave me, but I won't ever be anywhere but here!
Sing it back! Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh~ohh, oh sing it ba~ack, to me, oh-oh~ohhhh
"

He smiled as he continued, hooking one leg behind hers, pulling her even closer to him than she already was.

"And I'm beggin' you, bring me back to life!

Ooh na-na-na~
Stutter,
Ooh na-na-na~
Did I,
Ooh na-na-na~
Yea~~ah
D-d-d-d-di-di-di-did i,
d-d-di-di-di-did I,
DI-di-di-di, DI-di-di-di, DI-di-di-di-d-d-di-did I,

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh~ohh, oh, have you been seein'?
Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, yea~~~~~ah!
"

The countdown from four, he whispered, a hand against the back of her head, now, letting her do... ...Whatever she was doing with his shoulder. He was decent enough to pretend she wasn't crying.

"Bring me back to life!

"

His song finished, and, he fell silent. Content to just lay there, on the floor, holding his beloved close, until she was ready for... ...Well, whatever came next.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down