MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Where the Wild Things Are [Open] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Where the Wild Things Are [Open]

2 posters

Go down

Where the Wild Things Are [Open] Empty Where the Wild Things Are [Open]

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Aside from a reference to a good children's book, and a creepy ass movie

Hot. Hot. Hot. The day was quite sunny indeed, but that wasn't what was so hot. No, that was the hot stamping of a running man and the heat of bullets whizzing on by from guns being fired by terrible shots. Dashing along the roof tops, some overweight thugs had been chasing Darius for his disrespectful tone after leaving the clinic. He saw them yelling at someone for their money, and he decided to yell for the guy even though he was weaponless. The guy wasn't actually scared, he just didn't react so the boy decided to act for him. Generosity at its finest, as well as stupidity. The stamping feet left imprints when it came to the over weight men, but any normal, fit person knew how to run on a rooftop. Darius didn't leave clear prints, but the shingles were still fragile and cracked. The boy vaulted off a rooftop, bring his knees to his chest and rolling into a land after dropping about a story.

Continuing his dash with hardly a loss in momentum, the thugs had just calmly jumped onto the next building. The boy came to a higher but connected building, jumping and using his arms to fling himself over the edge. At the end of the building, another connected one had been lower, so he did a dropping vault with his legs cycling downward. Again, he rolled into his landing, dashing forward once more. It seemed as if he had lost the thugs, so he dropped back into the streets after finding a low enough building. Walking with rhythm, he whistled as he reveled in victory. Spotting the man from before, Darius walked on over.

"Hey Slim, how-do-ya-do?" Darius asked with a giddy tempo. He was quite happy to have helped, even more so due to the fact he had the opportunity to annoy the thugs. To him, it was fun irritating people who weren't really good or nice even though he could be quite rude to nice and good people. "Oh, kiddo. I can't thank you enough for helping out back there. I'm a clerk for a smith just down the street, how about you come with me and I'll give you a nice discount?" "Well, I don't know. I don't have any munny on me, so could I draw something for you and pay for it that way?" the man made a stern face of thought, shrugging as he beckoned the boy to follow him. Moments later, they were met with a Weapon Shoppe, entering to find someone working away at the smithy. "OI! Jimmy, you finally back from your shenanigans? Several customers have walked in and out! I can't sell and build at the same time, y'know?" the man chuckled as he went and met with the smith. "Hey, I found a kid who could draw, you said you needed some help with schematics right?" the Smith finished up with the ax he was sharpening, walking out and putting his hands at his hips.

The smith was a burly, old man with plenty of hair, save for the top, and a full-grown beard. "Well, I'll be. It's like miracles are dropping from the sky. I heard you can draw? Izzhat right?" "Well I'd like to think so. What is it you need-" BANG bullets lit up the store and the smith had immediately pulled swords out of the reserve. Jimmy had taken one, so he was finally armed. Darius was tossed a longsword, which he grabbed with agility since it was a weapon he was familiar with. The old man retrieved a repeated cross bow and unleashed a bipod, cranking a large bolt into it. "Fawkin' Thugs coming to take some money and mineral I take it!?" "Yeah, they gave me issues just earlier when this kid helped me out." "It was nothing, really. All in a day's work for a natural badass!" Darius chuckled pretentiously. The bullets, again, missed terribly. There was about five thugs standing outside of the shop, and the boy dashed out in a zig-zag motion.

The men were only armed with guns, so smacking them down with the flat side was too easy for the two. Three of the five were immobilized by a large bolt after being stunned by the blades. The other two were stabbed non-lethally by Darius to immobilize them. The boy was still in tip-top shape but Jimmy seemed exhausted. "Oi, Slim. Are you alright?" "Yeah, just a little too old for this. Come on, let's get a deal set up." the two went back to the smith who had already put away the crossbow. They returned the swords and the smith slammed a piece of paper, a quill and an ink bottle on the table. "Draw."

The boy hesitated, but went right to work soon after. He decided the man wanted him to draw a weapon, so he did. Using several sections of the paper, he drew the base sword, the sword with more details and the gems within the sword. The intricate design had amazed the smith, eager to rip it from the boy's hands and go right to work. "Amazing! Look, you draw a few for me and I'll give you a free sword. I'll build this, this right here! There's just one thing." Darius was filled with joy, so he rolled his wrist in a way that signed the man to continue. "I need you to go and get some higher grade material. All these are peasant's weapons, they break too easy because I can only get some low-grade material. A few blocks away, a more fancy smithy has some good stuff. Steal from there and you bring it to me. Or make a deal, or pay for it. Whatever floats your boat, boyo." Darius chuckled with a cynical implication. "Don't worry, old man. I'll get your metal. I'll even stop by the jewelry store for them gems I drew!" the two shook hands firmly before parting ways. The smith returned to his craft and the boy ran off before another word was said. Dashing mad, the boy lost any sense of consciousness and could run into anyone at this point. Today's theft was going to be loud.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Directory : All my Directories

Back to top Go down

Where the Wild Things Are [Open] Empty Re: Where the Wild Things Are [Open]

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

As the smith mentioned before had came into view, Darius gripped his hat and made sure it was firmly set on his head. This boy wasn't a master thief by far, so his only options were weighed between acting as a customer or...well. Exactly what he was about to do. His stamping feet were ignored, mostly. The closer he got, the more eyes turned towards him as he neared the door. Two guards held strong spears, and as he went to vault through the window the polearm smacked him to the ground. Scuttling to his feet, he looked at the mighty guard with a smirk, instigating the man to attack him. "Cm'on! I'm ready to be stuck by that fuckin' toothpick!" As the man lanced, Darius noticed the sluggish movements and side-stepped. Taking a kneel, he slammed his fist into the man's crotch as hard as he could with an uppercut. A 'hnnnngh' sound could be heard as the man fell to the ground, allowing Darius to retrieve the spear and smack it against the other guard's. Stomping on the spear's back end, he kept it stiff for just enough time to clumsily run up it and fall on the guard. Rolling off with a pant, he noticed a few people calling for the actual city guard. "Tch, Typical of people to ruin the fun. "

Darius kicked the smithy's guard in the face repeatedly until he was knocked out, walking in the store with a spear resting on his shoulder. "So, uh. Here's how it's going to go. I'm taking your metal, I'm going to go the jewelry store. I'll be a criminal for a few days. I might even rough up the- Oh. Well. It's empty." Darius looked around the store, even into a few showcases. All of them had either high-quality weapons or jeweled, display-only weapons. Curious as to where the smith could be, he vaulted over the counter and peered into the back room. Empty, except for an open hatch. Dropping down about ten feet, he ended up in a dusty hallway. "Well, I have no idea what's going on right now." Sneakily waltzing on down the hallway, Darius was in yet another room before he knew it. A man tinkering with some sort of gadget had suddenly stopped and turned around. Aiming some sort of device with a spinning saw blade on it, he grinned widely.

"I feel like you're going to try and hit me. I don't know why, I mean I did just knock out your guards. But I seriously...uhh," the man reared back his fist with the device entangling it. "Calm down, no need to--" Ducking from the very sluggish attack, Darius had felt the wind of a projectile whizzing on by, a saw blade planting itself into the door frame. A metallic wire was tensed completely as the device tried reeling the blade back in. Darius looked to and fro betwen the device, the man, and the saw blade a few times. "I just wanted the fuckin' metal. W-what is with the shooting blades and...are you on drugs?" "WHOO! BOI! I don't know about you, but I'd really like another sip of the elixir that man gave me!"

Darius tilted his head before noticing the saw blade had escaped the frame, returning to the device and only slightly gashing the man's hand. The man was completely uncaring about the blood coming from his hand, continuing to attack Darius. Darius rolled over, feeling chunks of stone pelt him from the saw slamming down where he formerly was. "Gah! You crazy ass, just give me your metal and I'll leave!" Darius rose to his feet, shoving the man to the ground. Accidentally, the man hit his head hard on the wall, going unconscious. Darius was startled, seeing blood come from the smith's head, but noticing he was still breathing. "Oh well, shit happens. Guy was crazy anyways. I mean, who just- I'm the one talking to myself, okay." Shaking his head, Darius fetched mounds of metal, carefully placing it in a bag layered by other bags for reinforcement. Dashing out of the underground room, he wondered why a smithy would have such a gadget shoppe underneath. Climbing the ladder and sloppily rolling over the counter because he tried vaulting to late, he noticed several armed guards outside the store. Walking out slowly, he just gave a subtle chuckle, making sure to hammer the point he was being cocky. "What? Someone can't rob a mad man's shop anymore?"

The guards were using beaten-down longswords and chipped shields, clearly being crowd-control rather than the real enforcers. Still, Darius had not the time or power to deal with them directly. Tying the bag of metal, he tossed it a long ways-away. There were around six guards, half of which going after the stolen goods. "Amateurs." Running on the side of the half that ran after the goods, Darius easily went around the guard. Pushing the guards aside that raced for the metal, he was successful by sheer luck and the fact that the guards were startled by him not being caught in a battle. "If a fight is needed for every issue, then what would I be? Some lame hero in some fantasy world? If you wanted to play Fetch, you should've sent your real guards. Darling, you just gotta let me know!" Laughing at the guards, he snatched the metals and ran down the street. After some time, he was able to find a jewelry store, the clerk unaware he was a criminal. Acting like he was going to purchase some jewels, he used his dashing looks to woo the clerk into displaying the exact gems he wanted. Snatching them and tossing them into the bag, he waved goodbye. "Hm~Hm~Hm. Should I stay or should I go?" Clicking his heels together as he ran, he kept on his way to the smithy.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Twilight Town. It was a place that the woman had always held a sort of rivalry to, something the woman always felt as short of childish. To Alyx, Twilight Town seemed like it was a terrible copy to her own world, painted a new color and given a few new things, then had its name changed. She couldn’t say she hated the world…but at the same time she didn’t necessarily enjoyed it either. But still, she couldn’t deny it was a good place at heart, and she wouldn’t damn the world for some childish rivalry she had. She couldn’t really deny the ice cream and its particular flavor, either.

And that’s where she sat for a while, near the Ice Cream Shop while she eyed the crowd in passing, some giving her odd looks, most minding their own business and going on their way. Today was a hot one, and instead of cooling off by leaving and heading to a colder world Alyx decided to enjoy it; there was very few times she had been in this kind of heat, and it made her glad she was dressed so simply- a shorts and tank-top combo, her gauntlets and combat gloves equipped. She thought about her appearance for a second. Her combat gloves and armor were probably the reason for those weird looks.

Her thoughts on the rabble were unfortunately few, despite the oddities she had seen here and there- a man in a long red coat carrying a slab of metal with a puny handle on his back came to mind. It wasn’t till she noticed a boy with orange hair and odd clothing, even for this place, run by where she sat with a large sack which seemed full of stuff. She wouldn’t have thought much about it, as it could have been a kid who was late for something, until she saw a parade of guards chasing after him, something which piqued her interest. Tossing her Ice Cream to a nearby wanderer, who appeared startled as it landed in his empty hands, she went on her way, running after the guards.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Weighed down by the bag of resources, Darius looked behind him to see guards closing the wide-spread distance very quickly. Making an alarmed face, he spent even more stamina to keep his normal pace of running, accelerating just enough to sustain the distance. After a little while, he knew that if he just ran, he'd be exhausted and unable to escape. Jumping and landing into a slide, he turned and swung the bag into the guards. Allowing it to crash into them, a few were knocked to the ground and knocked out. Exhaling deeply, Darius took a moment to relax and then tense his muscles. "Holy hot damn is that a heavy bag. Are y'all feelin' okay?" Chuckling, he noticed he was still unarmed and they were not. Four guards surrounded him, but he noticed a new contestant. "Oi, ballsy of you to chase us. So, am I giving just these baboons the hands or am I posturin' up with...a girl. God damn." walking to and fro in frustration,

"See, I got this weird moral code. I can smack some guards with heavy-ass metal, can't hit a woman. I mean, came from this manner-plagued world. Wonderful really," standing perfectly straight with wide-eyes, Darius continued with the satire, "Save for the part where I was an orphan and even the peasants hated me." A guard lunged at him, causing him to stumble back and fall. Rolling forward, he used a lariat-like attack to grip the guard and send him to the ground. Retrieving the dropped sword and shield, he smirked as the three armed guards had taken a position that kept both people in sight. Cracking his neck, he noticed the guards falling over one by one. Stepping back in confusion, Darius originally was suspicious of the girl who had originally joined the fray. Out from the alleys had been some mobsters carrying silenced pistols. These guys weren't the same kind of jokes the other were, they were just fat and could actually shoot. "Come over here you little shit." the first mobster demanded, aiming his gun at him. The others aimed their gun at the other girl, a second mobster retrieving the bag of goods. "Well, this is not how I expected things to turn out." Darius dropped his weapons and raised his hands, walking on over to the men pointing their guns.

As the first mobster darted his eyes to the girl, Darius rose his fist as flames engulfed his body, bringing it down and allowing the area around him to release flames in the form of a plume. The men were completely engulfed, save for the man who was retrieving the metal. The latter was just a meter outside of the area of effect, but the heat had caused him to stumble back. The mobsters screamed in pain, their flesh boiling as they had no magical resistances. Their clothes were incinerated, so by the end they were disfigured and naked. It was a group of three roasted pigs and some well-done vienna sausage. "COME TO THE PIG ROAST MADAM! I swear, it's cooked to perfection! A-ha!" the boy looked around him, happiness fading into disgust for what he did.

Shit, I really did just burn them. I need...I need to get a grip on that fire of mine. His Wildfire was quite ferocious in attitude, inciting a self-fear whenever he unleashed it. The last remaining mobster was prepared to shoot, but trembled too much and missed the shot. Looking over to the crispy cobblestone street, he couldn't look away from the crispy corpses. Darius was disappointed in himself for losing control, but letting go was so much more fun and so much easier than control and order. Exploration of lands, exploration of the different patterns he could release...it was all glorious to him. "Come on, take the shot. I don't really care, Don't miss this time, because I'll just burn you like the pigs sleeping right now!" Darius closed his eyes, unable to see his death happen as it would, but it was entirely in the air as to what was about to happen. The man pulled the trigger, and either someone snapped his neck with some thighs, something else convenient happened, or a bullet hit the boy and made him eat dirt.

Rising Flame - Darius slams his fist on the ground or stabs his weapon into it, causing a 5-meter area around him to experience an upheaval of growing flame that rises up to 5 meters in height. This attempts to set what is caught within it on fire to constantly burn it until the fire is put out. This deals moderate damage.| 6 Posts CD
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:58 pm

This…was different, although Alyx couldn’t really say if it was a good or bad thing at the moment. It was happenstance and curiosity that led her to follow those thugs to what they were after, only to meet a rather erratic child blathering on about something, and proceed to set fire to the low-life’s- whom he knocked out with a bag as she arrived. And it all happened in the span of a few moments. Gaining her bearings for a moment to blink, she began to focus on the boy; who seemed to have a bit of regret to what he just did.

Of course, her silent confusion about what the hell was going on, and then the sudden fireworks display caused her to go into guard mode, settling into a defensive stance with a look of confusion evident on her face.

“H-Hold on kid, damn. Slow the hell down for the second.” She told him, “And don’t make any sudden moves, either. Now…what in the HELL are you going on about?” she questioned, never relenting in her defensive stance to make sure the pyrotechnical psychopath of this child made no attacks against her.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Bang. The bullet grazed Darius' face, possibly because the man who was firing had been shaking from watching his scorched allies fall. Without hesitation, Darius dashed forward and did a hop before swooping his foot into the outer part of the man's left kneecap, breaking it. Using his other foot, he continued to run up the man, kicking him with each step. The last foot propelled him into the air into a backflip. He landed, stumbling back and falling to the ground. The man was slammed into the ground, prompting the boy to stand and raise his hands as a sign of innocence. He half-expected to either die or watch the person take the remaining mobster full-force. He was a little nervous as the girl was apparently filled with tension. Darius suddenly put his hands at his waist and beefed up his posture. Acting all heroic in expression, he shifted his brows to try and mock a manly-man hero. "Well, to be honest, I don't know. I was only on my stroll when I heard the cry of villainy. VILLAINY I TELL YOU!" Darius wagged his finger. Letting go of his posture, he clapped his hands in humor. Skipping around a little, he grabbed the material and looked back at the girl.

" As you can see, I have important business. Manly-men business. Top that with a little extra sexism, dash of pepper, crack an egg. Omelette." Darius laughed at his randomness, completely hysteric but only to forget he just killed people. He's never killed before. "Well...Uh. I'd run if you would like to escape being pointed at by guards. Flowers don't murder. Ciao!" Darius turned backwards as quick as he could and began to run. Running was all he did for quite a while. The guards had been hunting him, so he cut some corners and made his way back to the smith. A soon as the shop came into sight, he checked for any signs of the guard. Once it was clear, he entered and dropped the bag on shop counter. "HIGH-HO! THE MERRY COME!" The smith's assistant came to great him along with the smith. "Oi, nice bag of bits. Ye got what I need, and that blade to your hands will be freed. Jus' gimme some time. I'll have it shaped and branded, right fer ye." The smith took the bag and Darius tipped his hat at him. The assistant, Jimmy, chuckled as the materials were taken to the back. "Well, I hope you had fun. We've been hearin' hollerin' all day, guards are REALLY angry. Alibi?"

Darius put his hands at his waist, taking a heroic pose. "I was obstructed by justice, and couldn't save the kittens! Plus some lunatic tried killing me." Jimmy expressed fright as he snapped back like it was something disgusting. "Yikes, what happened?" Darius looked up, trying to remember. "I don't know...But, uh. The mobsters aren't happy. Killed their men, don't know what to do." The assistant worriedly looked to the back and noticed the smith wasn't alarmed. Leaning in, he gripped the boy's head. "Take the sword and get the fuck out." the man was clearly disgruntled by the fact that Darius had stirred even more shit and that they could link it back to the smithy. Darius looked down, turning and leaning against the counter."All the peasants hate me..." "Well, you help with a blood trail left behind each favor." Darius flipped off Jimmy, keeping quiet.

(OOC: I continued it on assuming you may be too busy to reply, if you would like to follow me that's fine)

Last edited by Darius Fetch on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Laiya stood there rather dumbfounded, to say the least. From the moment the bullet was fired- from somebody she hadn't even noticed was there- a rather dramatic attack was thrown by the psychotic child to the poor bastard, knocking him down and presumably out. Looking back at the kid, he began rapidly firing off something about justice and villainy, then on continuing to fire off a rather sexist comment which Laiya hadn't even registered yet; watching the child bolt away like a bat out of the underworld.

"What...the hell...?" she asked dumbly, the boy now far gone; his last words being that she should get out of here because of guards- who hadn't gotten here yet- didn't she run AFTER the guards?

That wasn't her only question. She wondered if she shouldn't try and find that hyper little shit and beat him bloody about what the hell happened here, but gave a sigh as she gave up. It was more than she bargained for, honestly, and she didn't feel like she wanted to go any further in this quest. Obviously that kid could handle himself, what with the ass-kicking he gave everyone here. Throwing her hands in the air and letting out a noise of exasperation, she began her walk back to the ice cream shop...

(You are completely fine~ I might exit around the next post unless you'd like me to stay. Perhaps I can pull at her curiosity and make her search for ye.)
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 pm

The smith came into the room, presenting a glorious sword to the wild boy. The boy took it by the handle and gave it a few swings, holding it up to give it admiration. In deep thought, and in response to Jimmy's ferocious attitude, he quickly took the sheath from the smith and strapped it to his back. Then, he sealed the sword within and did a two-finger salute to the men before running off. "Thanks for the blade, smith-man!" he decided to follow the implication of keeping the smith in the dark, looking in his general area for any more guards or mobsters on his tail. Seeing none, he went about his stride down the street. Merry in posture, a disturbed mind rest underneath. The composure told no such story, yet he had wondered what it was he had seen in the other smith. The man seemed...off when he stole the metal. Crazy, even. Mentioning some sort of elixir which gave Darius the gut feeling it was tied to the mob. A naked man came dashing at him, throwing his body at him in a frenzied state. Darius smacked the man away, sending him into a tumble. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" the frenzied man seemed to be blabbering unintelligible words, foaming at the mouth. Running at him, Darius unsheathed his blade to try and keep the man at bay.

Apparently, the site of the blade had no effect, the man mindlessly being run through. Kicking the man from his blade, Darius took several steps back in horror. It was unusual for people to do such...crazy things. The crimson slowly ran down his blade, only a single drip every few seconds leaving it and splashing on the ground. What he noticed was the man came from an alley in the dead center of his vision. Slowly walking forward, he expected SOMEONE to see the corpse on the ground, but the boy decided he needed to investigate further. A glowing, green liquid had dotted the cobblestone, leading around another corner and into a group of skin-and-bone corpses. Several bodies littered the ground, the glowing liquid staining the walls and ground. Beyond the group, there was a door which apparently led into a building. From what the boy could collect, streaks indicated that they were not taking the "elixir" here. Confusing him, he was half-tempted to enter the building. His blade still left a trail of blood, and voices could be heard in the distance. This gave him the push he needed to dash into building.

Several comatose people had been strewn across the rooms, the glowing liquid spread in small spots all throughout. Bottles containing just mere drops left had also collected in piles. The rooms were mostly dark, illuminated by this liquid. Figures in the darker portions had been moving about, taking bodies and preparing for the door Darius had just entered from. Using a shirt left behind from one of the junkies, Darius wiped his blade clean and sheathed it. Crawling around the frames separating the open rooms, the boy watched as the figures remove the bodies from the building and toss them out. Some weren't completely unconscious, simply being paralyzed somehow by the liquid. After seeing the frenzy of one man, Darius wondered why everyone was so statue-like in reflex. He sneaked around the bodies, watching the figures continue to shift bodies from the floor to the outside. Shit...Shit... Darius made sure to keep himself concealed around the corners, a hand on the handle of his blade.

Accidentally crunching a bottle underneath his boot, the figures had looked in his direction. Instantly he pressed against a large object, seemingly a cabinet. The figures split into two halves, attempting to flank where the sound came from. Oh god...I need to take them out. No...No... Turning to his right and unsheathing his blade. Smacking the figure against the wall with the broad side of the blade, he saw the figure slide to the ground. Another figure behind the first lifted up a gleaming piece of metal. Bringing the blade back, Darius disarmed the man but saw a flash and the ring of a gunshot. Jolting the tip into the man's throat, he plucked a hole that seemingly caused the man to stream blood.

Darius made a run for it, going to the other side and closed the distance between him and a boarded up window. The wood was flimsy, allowing him to drop-kick through the window with recoil ringing throughout his legs. Gunshots hailed through the building, but missed the boy. As he ran, a bullet grazed his face and struck a non-vital part of his torso. The bullet sent him tumbling on the ground, but the adrenaline built up allowed him to spring to his feet and continue running. Cutting through the alley, darted to the right and eventually stumbled into the street, falling to the ground and blood seeping from his jacket and tunic. "I just...had to be curious." His blade was about a meter away from him, but he made some decent ground.

(If you want, you can come find me in the street Very Happy If not, I have an alternate option for myself)
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:54 pm

… And promptly felt herself going back to where she found the boy, a string of curses on her lips. She wasn’t supposed to care; at least, that’s what she kept telling herself. However, she soon found her legs moving the opposite way of where she wanted to go, her mind shortly following after. What in the name of everything good in Traverse Town had that kid gotten himself into? His erratic nature seemed rather destructive in her eyes, and she didn’t feel very good about herself if she let something happen to the world while the mayor of this place was off doing whatever the hell he was doing.

Which brought her mind to another matter- where in the sea of skies was the mayor?

Sure his guards had seemed to be doing their jobs -terribly, she added to herself- but who were those other people that were chasing, and also engaging, the boy?

She didn’t feel right about that group in particular, damn the kid to Hades. So she cut through the streets and alleyways of the town, unsure of exactly where she could find him until she heard a familiar voice damning their own curiosity and the too familiar slump of a body against the ground and the surprise of the people who witnessed it. Her rushing step soon slowed to a walk until she stood right above the boy with a disapproving expression evident on her face.

“So. Ran into something you shouldn't've…eh kid?” she questioned the boy, her disapproving expression turning into that of a bit of a grimace.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:43 am

Darius trembled as he looked up to the girl standing aside him, smiling to keep his wild nature burning. "Well, I just tripped a little. That trip, uh, needs some gaws, antiseptic and sewing. I swear, I'm not on drugs...but the people of this town apparently are." Darius was wondering what the hell the liquid was that entered the mouths of the comatose and crazed populace. It was a curious topic that would require more of his ever-dangerous investigations. The liquid was seemingly divine in nature, but that meant it was most certainly unnatural. The mobsters were clearly the ones dishing out the stuff, but from where he was curious. Mobsters, like regular bandits and gangsters, were not the kind to personally have the resources to do something so vile. What could be the answer is that the mobsters have their roots throughout Twilight Town and with out-of-world connections. It was unusual for people like them to actually leave the world, so that would require someone to come to them.

However, this was merely an observation and required further investigation. The boy was not in the condition to do so at the time, and he needed to lay low as his face wasn't plastered around town but the mobsters would know the ginger without a moment's thought if seen. The boy was used to criminals, and used to dealing with them. However, he did not know how the mob worked and was simply accustomed to basic, unorganized criminals. Messy crime was his forte to survive against. This called for him to start learning quick about people such as those running the streets of his new home. Darius struggled to sit up, putting pressure on his wound the best he could. "You know, I left a town that damned me. Now I'm in a town that has damned itself." referring to the potion causing people to be drained of their physical substance and possibly frenzied, Darius shook his head with a mocking, single chuckle. Further away, the figures had continued dumping bodies albeit at a faster and more worried rate. Someone with a cart on wheels took the bodies down the alley and a network of shipping switched the bodies between crates. The plan was to scorch the building Darius had left and to dump the bodies somewhere far away.

"All seriousness, I'm bleeding."

Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 am

She looked down at him, eying the wound as she began determining whether or not it was too severe to heal. Finding that it wasn't, or at least not as severe as it could have been on the surface, she took off one of her metal plated gloves and laid a hand over the wound; channeling the combination of darkness and plant energies into the boys wound with the intention of knitting it back up. Depending on if the wound was more severe than she had originally noticed, the wound would either heal completely or just stop the bleeding enough to allow her to pluck the bullet out herself.

Regardless of the outcome, Laiya would make a sound of contentment as she said, "There we go. Try not to do it again, ya hear?"

(Alright, for now I won't be posting MP costs as this isn't necessarily a combat topic and as such I feel no need to put it down. IF you or staff has a problem, a simple edit can be made~ )

Spells Used:
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:28 pm

The darkness seeps into Darius' wound, but it felt unnatural and evil to him as the spell only did half of what it was supposed to. The bleeding stopped, but no further healing was done to properly close the wound. Darius tensed up at the sting of the darkness, and uncomfortable feelings washed all over his body. Scratching around the wound, the boy backed away from the girl. "God damn, what was it? It's...unnatural." It wasn't the fact the healing was magical, it was that the darkness conflicted with his light. Regardless of his wild antics, the boy wasn't acting out for the sake of evil. In truth, he was oblivious to good and evil and could not discriminate the small differences. The darkness was foreign and unwanted, and so his heart rejected parts of it accordingly. However, he had to give in order to be sustained so the girl could help further. "That feeling... it still bugs me. I don't know what kind of fireworks you fire, lady, but thanks anyways." Darius was still alarmed at his first feeling of darkness.

Parts of him wondered what it truly was and wanted to explore. The majority of him felt it needed to be shunned and rejected. The bright of fire should not succumb to the dark of shadows. "However, the not doing of that again is a little hard. I'm still wildly curious. Wild, I tell you. And I'm just a curious little wild cat." Darius chuckled, but he wasn't being satirical about his words. He went from an amused expression to a quite serious one. "I was wonderin', what's your name lass? Darius Fetch, but I presume you already caught that."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:03 pm

'Hmm...so my healing spell didn't work as much as it ought.' She thought to herself as she watched the wound only partially heal, which is something she had considered but not necessarily expected. Perhaps she had too much faith in her current abilities. Laiya watched the kid suddenly become weary around her, but still remained on the ground- probably because the wound was still there. "That was a little bit of healing magic- not really perfect; and I had darkness fill in for the spaces. It has a tendency to be rather erratic as well, unfortunately." she explained to him, if the boy knew what magic was. It sounded like a weird thing not to be privy too in her eyes anyway- you were surrounded by it.

She continued to listen to him talk about how he was going to continue to do this type of this, in which she gave a shake of the head; this one was a rather stubborn child, it seemed. "The name's Laiya; I'm the mayor of Traverse Town. It's a pretty similar place to here I'll hate to admit, but its stuck in night-time which is actually rather calming; believe it or not. It's what I want my magic to emulate, what with the healing and darkness- it's still imperfect, I suppose." she told him as he asked for her name, giving him a little bit of the world she came from as well. She personally wondered to herself if it was constantly necessary for her to always give that little tidbit of information out, but she figured the more the people knew the less they'd have to ask.
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Darius was still uneasy about the dark nature of the girl's magic, feeling a bit violated still. However, he eventually got over himself and stood shakily. Looking over to Laiya, he held his arm out to indicate he needed some support in walking. "Nice to meet you officially, Laiya. I am a bit of an architect. I like drawing the places I've been, and so I guess you could say I could be a damn good map-maker. Don't worry, I can have a loose mouth too." After she admitted to using darkness, it made the boy wonder if the theme of evil and darkness coinciding really applied. Laiya seemed like a perfectly normal being, no real sense of corruption being apparent. In his heart, he felt something bright and giddy. Light. But the effects of darkness and the reason why people shy away from it asks whether or not one should believe the rumors or search for the truth. That was one of his down falls, he was curious and not even for good reason. He wasn't taking the information and keeping it, he was just looking for a cause and looking for something to be heroic in despite his anti-heroic actions. "If you're into some action and explosions, I wouldn't mind having some help investigating some of the gangster work going on here. A governor understands that things like this need to end, right?" She probably didn't know it, but Darius was referring to corrupting civilians with drugs.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 pm

The boy spoke, holding out his hand as if to show he needed help. She took it, pulling him to his feet and would hold him steady a bit if he decided to wobble. “I see. That sounds like an interesting hobby, Darius Fetch. I’d imagine you are able to draw some pretty spectacular sites then?” she asked with only a passing curiosity in her voice. Most of her attention was directed at the people around them, a glare she shot and most dispersed; probably to her ‘mind-your-own-damn-business’ expression the glare possessed. She listened to him then, looking at him to show that she was paying a bit more attention. As he talked about actions and explosions she gave a skeptical grin. “What is this, the mafia?” she’d question, “But yes, I do know about gang violence, although I am proud to say that Traverse Town hasn’t been affected. Yet.” She said with an expression that was far more serious.

“But yes, I will go with you- if only to see what the hell is going on. I’ll only fight if punches are thrown at me in return, got it?” she told him before gently putting a hand on his back and gesturing with an arm towards the alleyway. “Ladies first, kid.”
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Darius darted his eyes around, seeing shadows in the crowd that seemed to try their best to remain that way. They had flashed their metal pieces, their silver triggers shining as a beacon. Darious shook his head and had the girl lead him in the open. "They can't risk an open confrontation again. Not when there is so much attention. These aren't the small guys, either. Come on, babe. Mr. Fetch is going to show you a thing or two about criminals. I got my fair share of direct dealings." He was not amused at the moment, an unusual occasion for the boy. The mobsters were seriously evil. Not purse-cutting evil, society-trembling-evil. It can take more than power to bring a golden city into gray, and Darius wanted to remain there. "Get a mask, I play dirty. If they are peddling drugs, I'm going to bomb their factory. I will publicly kill one if I have to. I'm not afraid, but I understand. With society, you're on the inside. Can't make sacrifices. Spitting blood to the side, Darius made a face of disappointment, but not towards the Mayor of Traverse. No, only in himself.

"I'm on the outside. I can." Darius sighed, closing his eyes as they escaped the hidden assassins. Slowly, his negative expression slid back into neutrality. From neutrality, happiness rose like a dead phoenix. "Shucks, that's enough doom and gloom. Let's slip 'em the one-two, eh? HEAR THAT! BULLETS DON'T EXTINGUISH FLAMES! Pussies. Ha! Got 'em." Darius was back to his normal, outer self. "Got 'em!" He laughed, for no reason it seemed. What he said was just stupid, not even properly bold or funny. It was just mascara. A touch of happiness to show he's moving past what lies underneath, however it's only a touch. He truly hasn't moved passed being abandoned. Or isolated. Or exiled. Or used. No, criminals bring his ire when they are ruining the lives of others. He doesn't care if the coin of the snobby slips into a thief's hands, or if some China ware comes up missing, those are material things. Little guys are always on their own island, watching. Mold disgusts even those left on the lonely island. Darius was still giddy and cracking random jokes of nonsensical language.

"Miss Mayor, don't forget that you gotta break the rules too. Y'Just don't have to do it in the open. Justice isn't pure."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:52 am

(My apologies for being so late.)

Alyx stared down at the little child, shooting an eye towards the crowd to look for those ‘afraid of open confrontation’ and found none. She began to get a little peeved by the boy when he called him her babe though. He looked young enough to be her son, short like he was. Not that anyone she looked at was tall- she was six foot five. Very few approached her in length. As they moved away from the so called assassins, she listened to the boy talking about his plans and rolled her eyes.

“Look, kid. One, I ain’t yer babe. You look young enough to be my damn son. Second, that plan is stupid and idiotic. The danger that leads to bombing a factory means both causing the biggest scene you could think of, plus you would damage the area around it and make it difficult to live in. Plus you’re talkin` about blowing it up in the open, which is even stupider. Publicly executing somebody would just put you in prison; you need evidence of the organization and turn it into the mayor. Forget the guards. Hell, getting the mayor in on something would do better in the long run- he’s the one who needs to fix this town more than anything, plus he doesn’t need a little spitfire like you fuckin` up and making life here harder.”

She let herself breathe, and rolled her eyes once more as he screamed at nobody in particular; sounding rightfully mad- the insane kind He seemed like a cannon about to go off, and although he looked rather happy something told her he didn’t know what he was doing.

“I know ye’re tryin` to help and that is quite the honorable thing- but ye ain’t ‘outside of the law’ as much as you say. Personally, with as many bodies as you may have left, you seem rather hopeless to me. You’ve created a blood trail. Forget honor, or genuinely trying to make the world a brighter place; all ye’re doing is damning yourself. And I swear to kingdom hearts, if you say that is fine I will slap you upside your fool head. You remind me of me when I was younger; wanting to do good but unable to get it through my thick skull on how to do it. Always got myself into trouble. I know full well not everything is bright and clean, nor doing everything in the rules will do things right- but dammit, you’re doing more damage to yourself and the world than those bastards you’re fighting. Now I`ll help you fight these guys as much as I can, but I ain’t gonna let yerself die over fuckin` up.”
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:01 pm

Darius went from his usual random giddiness to an intense expression. The adamant nature was strong and a good source of his foolishness, which was probably why he even expected himself to die in a blaze of glory and stupidity at the same time. She ranted on about how much of a fool he was, yet he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew exactly how crazy he was and how crazy his actions will be, and the fact that many bodies have been and will be left as a trail to him. "Do you think I don't know about my death wish? Hell, Miss Mother Theresa I'm a fuckin' barrel of dynamite. I'm going to leave bodies behind me because...I don't care about the rules. You must be fifty different shades of naive yourself if you think telling someone will do anything. I've lived in the slums, I live everywhere I walk. I have no home. They don't listen to kids like me. They ignore the orphans, and that's how society works. I was below the peasants last place I left. So, I made coin helping the bad guys." Darius spit at the ground, shaking his head in terror.

"Boy, what a fuck up. But you don't understand the dirty-dark of things lady. Not until you're covered in dirt and shit, treated like what you're skins caked with. You're a mayor, and probably a right-good one too. But you just don't get it as you're on the outside looking in. You don't get it lady, how it feels. How it stings. To be able to do nothing but wait for the hacks that make up the law to take care of this. Do you know what I saw? Bodies. Bodies all along this drug house. Just one floor, some might have been dead. But this fuckin' elixir they're peddling knocked them all out. Yet, I saw some in a frenzy off of it so I don't know what the hell it does." Darius scrunched his face in pain, gripping the are where his wound is slightly opening from his tensing body. "Don't tell the little ones what's the right and wrong when you haven't had to live with the risk of losing everything - and everything ain't much for us. If I have to run, I will. I'm yet to be taken by the guards for burning that man alive." Darius saw an on-looker waving them over.

Signalling the girl to bring them over, the person had revealed themselves to be a proper medic. "I've seen what you've done. Heard the girl give you the nag you need. You'll only wind up with more bullet holes. Come on, come on. Let me fix you up." Darius had a nasty expression, sticking his tongue out, but knew he needed help. "Listen, Miss Mayor. Life for these people will only be harder if that drug stayed in supply. I'm destroying the supply, and the mob? Ha. It's a mob. Roots, roots everywhere."
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Alyx’s expression would darken in irritation; this was a mouthy little shit. He seemed like the type of person to whine about the sun being out after living years in the darkness yearning for the damn thing. And what the hell did he know about her, her life, or what she had to do as Mayor? She breathed deeply in an attempt to calm herself, knowing full well that getting into an argument with this kid would turn her damn hair grey. She would stay quiet for the most part, letting the kid run his mouth. He was right about the mobsters, which was really the only reason she was staying with the kid- they needed to be stopped. She didn’t really know about what the hell he was talking about for the rest of it, but neither did she bother much about it either.

“Aye. Life will be harder for these people.” She replied after his tirade was over, which she said in truth. She may not have cared much for Twilight Town or its inhabitants, but she probably would have been doing the same damn thing had it been in her world.

Last edited by Laiya on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Pathos Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:49 pm

As they entered the building, he shot a look at the mayor. The medic sat him down and pulled out her medical kit, beginning to stitch up his wound and apply a salve to it. Before hand, she removed the bullet from his body and utilized some sort of herb mix to prevent bleeding. Darius thought to himself, holding back the yelps from pain of medicine being applied. "So...You're going to be like that, right? Think you're better than me. Think I don't know what the fuck I'm talkin' about like I'm just a kid? Well, news flash Miss Mayor, passive aggressiveness is still a big billboard. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm just some punk, you're just like the rest. Stop thinking about how much of an attitude I have and think about how you could be doing something wrong." Darius scrunched in pain, clearly furious at what he picked up from Laiya's expression. "Man, my words might be the big ol' motion picture of things, but you gotta read in between the lines. The idiots, the slummers, the punks, they are smarter than you think -Ouch! Give-'em more credit than you do already. Maybe you won't be some high-class cunt. If I'm wrong and you have a slummin' past, well you sure as hell forgot about it."

The medic jammed a needle into Darius and all of a sudden he became extremely relaxed. Staying into the distance his eyelids became heavy. "I see a fire in the distance. Pretty, burning fire." Soon, Darius passed out. "I get what he's saying but the kids an inferno of energy. Needs to calm down. I don't appreciate some of the words he used. Anyways, thanks for helping him. I'll make sure to send him on his way. I don't think he deserves your help, but if you want to stick around you can." the medic moved Darius over to a couch, patting his head.
Drake Pathos
Drake Pathos

Back to top Go down

Post by Laiya Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Alyx nodded to the woman who mentioned the kid. “He’s a little shit who needs to control his mouth, but I suppose his heart’s in the right place.” She mentioned, inwardly smirking to herself as he fell asleep. “Tends to speak and act before he thinks, but he can hit where it tends to go, at least. I’ll stay with him, he probably won’t be the first little shrimp to mouth off to me, and hey, maybe I can use him as practice.” She told the medic with a smirk. She’d find herself somewhere to sit and rest, where she would wait for him to wake up, and maybe they could get started on what the hell they were going to start on.

[Topic End]
Laiya
Laiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down