MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Morte EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Morte EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Morte EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Morte EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Morte EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Morte EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Morte EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Morte EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Morte EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Morte

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Morte Empty Morte

Post by Seeker of Carnage Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Morte: L'Ombra is capable of manipulating plant life to grow and decay as well as move to his will. He may change proportions and can control plant-life relative to his strength tier.
Base Ability Cool Down: N/A

Tier One
Decay: L'Ombra is capable of sapping life out of biotic things, healing slight damage continually as long as he has contact with something living.
Feed: L'Ombra may use the plant-life he controls to sap life to him from other sources. They act as currents and heals with Decay's effect plus another slight amount of healing per post.
Residue: Attacks made by L'Ombra or the plants he manipulates leave a residue behind that eats away at things not made to resist corrosive elements. This residue lasts for 3 posts and if not removed by then, will destroy the item.
Stun Spores: The first hit directly landed by L'Ombra from his melee attacks or his nature controlled can stun. | 6 Posts CD
Enhanced Vampirism: L'Ombra's vampiric abilities such as decay now linger even when he doesn't make contact, causing the effects to last for 2 more posts before fading away from each time he makes contact.

Tier Two
Vita e Morte: L'Ombra is able to produce his own resources for his base ability.
Residue+: Residue now deals moderate damage whenever its effect is applied to the owner/wearer of what it affects
Ravenous Life: L'Ombra's healing abilities that sap life from others have a lingering effect of 3 posts.
Residue++: Any damage Residue does lingers for 3 posts.  

Last edited by L'Ombra on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 12 times in total
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Morte Empty Re: Morte

Post by Game Master Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 am

Vita e Morte has one thing I must clarify.

The clarification comes with what an NPC is. The way this is worded, it will be unable to affect Heartless, Nobodies, Dream Eaters, Somebodies... basically, only plants, but not plants with a lot of sentience since that would qualify them as an NPC or (potentially) a PC. You understand this, I would assume.

On Synesthesia: Skill trees are not related to magic, but character tier. If you want this ability to be related to magic, then the nuerotoxin can bypass natural immunities. However, it can not bypass magical immunities, and can be actively negated. A skill on a skill tree is assumed to be something native to your character unless stated otherwise. Linking the skill to Magic Tier would count towards us classifying it as Esoteric. That would mean being punched really hard in the face could disrupt casting this, versus making it merely supernatural which could not be disrupted in the same way. You can restructure the ability and allow it to affect those of higher tiers. While person with high END may resist this to great effect, there is no reason they'd be fully immune to it.

What I've stated above goes for Decay. I'm also assuming that this skill is reversible or wears off either in the topic its used in or after it ends. Since it is a debuff, punching you in the face will not dispel it, however.

What I've stated above goes for Aging Field. I assume Aging Field can not affect those that can not age.

What I've said above goes for Cage. " This lasts until destroyed, however after 8 posts" what happens after eight posts?

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah. However, does atrophy affect earth? I.e. erosion, weathering. Natural things I feel are part of atrophy and that time could affect.

Synesthesia: Could it just be Character tier v. Character tier? Also, I wasn't sure what comparison to use.

Decay, yeah it wouldn't last past the topic.

Aging Field, sure. However, could it be better if I make it an AoE yet slower version of Decay?

Cage, I forgot to mention it starts to deteriorate.

After you answer the couple questions in this post, I'll make the edits and bump the topic.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Atrophy refers to decay over time, so it could. However, the wording of your base ability outright states that it can only affect life. While worlds themselves are conceptually alive, I'm going to draw the line at dirt being affected by life-affecting abilities.

EDIT: Apologies, I've misread. Your ability doesn't state that it only affects life. It does in fact say that it can further weathering and erosion.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

So I assume the ability is fine with causing erosion and weathering? Of course, there comes the resources needed to do so and I'm very limited unless I spend the butt loads for ice and fire spells since they aren't my element. If I, say, use it on an area that has natural resources for weathering and erosion, I could accelerate that.

As for Aging Field, would it be better to just make it a life-draining ability instead of strictly aging?

Also, since this is obviously most effective against somebodies, how could I use this against nobodies and heartless?
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:54 pm

You are fine with causing Erosion and weathering.

Synethesia could just be Character Tier vs Character Tier, though I would recommend Character Tier vs END.

Objectively, I'm not sure if Aging Field would be better as an AoE decay. Personally, I feel as though you would either need to do Decay as an AoE or just leave as is, rather than burning two slots to do the same thing over a slightly longer range. You could make it a life draining ability.

Well, that's the rub. Nobodies have life, since they still consist of Body and Soul. Heartless are alive in a much looser sense of the word, being animated beings of pure darkness. I'm not entirely sure how to apply life attacking abilities to something that truly isn't alive in the fashion that we'd be used to.

May I suggest these life-draining abilities sap MP? It wouldn't be a lot at this point, but if it saps life it would be a good thing to take a few MP here or there for yourself from your foes. It would definitely lend itself to being more in the long run. I would advise writing it out as (Character Tier x 5)MP. That's just advice though.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:06 pm

For nobodies and heartless, I assume an alternative is to cause a fatigue effect?

I think I'll make Aging Field a life draining ability, and if i can sap MP as well I wouldn't mind adding the effect. Aging Field could subtract 5 MP x CT and Decay, being albeit more powerful for sacrificing range, would do 10 MP x CT, is that alright?

Cage is meant to trap people so I can double-whammy them with Aging Field.

Alright so, add MP sap to Decay and Aging Field. Change the tier comparison for Syn and Pain to CT vs. END Tier, that's what I got for what I need to edit. I find this different from a simple fire-casting skill tree, so I do need to figure out what I'm going to do with heartless and nobodies.

Again, I'll make sure to make the edits once I know everything I need to change.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Characters do not get tired in combat on Mirage Hearts (though sleep magic does exist). So, fatigue is not a viable option.

I'd say 10 is the very most you could do, so, yeah, its fine.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:57 am

I have made edits, if I missed anything I will fix it right away.

Would've done this sooner, had I not been busy and then stolen by dragon age.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:39 am

As of this, I am assuming all mentions of Character Tier refer to yours unless otherwise stated, or in situations where we have discussed otherwise.

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 am

If I have forgotten to change any of the tier comparisons, that is unintentional and is a note. It seems I have made the necessary changes, so if that situation arises this note is left here that it was NOT the intention to work with magic tier (anymore, of course after you told me it was esoteric which wouldn't work as well imo).
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:59 pm

You are free to make the changes to reflect what has been discussed. I'll confirm the changes once you make them.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Found another mention of magic tier and I fixed it.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Assuming completion as of this moment. Should it come about that another edit should be made, feel free to inform me of the pending change or changes.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Sat May 02, 2015 2:59 pm

I was wondering if I could change my Cooldown for the base ability to 5 Posts? I didn't end up utilizing my skills like I had originally planned, since I'm directly linking it to all of my skills now. If the base ability is deactivated, nothing is usable (referring to T2 and beyond).

Also, added my T2 skills.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat May 02, 2015 7:42 pm

You may.

Death in Life will not be able to inflict heavy damage to a person at this tier. Individuals with high END will obviously suffer less than individuals without. Structural damage is dependent on the quality and make of the object.

Tree of Life needs a decreased Duration. Individuals with high enough strength or certain magics will obviously be able to break out/destroy it.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Sat May 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Done.

I made it moderate, and of course I wouldn't be using it against steel structures, but things that are normally susceptible to such things I will.

Decreased to 6 and of course.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Would I be able to change Life in Death into a manipulation ability instead of vegetation scaling?

Also, I'd like to add note that Overgrowth is the effect of quickly growing vegetation to massive proportions and Atrophy is the decay of life. Since these terms are no longer elements, it helps me not have to remove them from my skill tree.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Reworked
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Synthesia: How did you plan on this working? You mentioned breathing, injection and ingestion, but you didn't specify if the plants could explode/release gas, have barbs that drip with the neurotoxin, or explained how the plants were going to force an opponent to drink the stuff. A bit more clarification please.

Stun Spores: Only one effect allowed at tier 1. You'd do best with just sticking to the stun.

Advanced Morte: I am a bit inclined to deny this ability, because of the fact that you're saying that at Tier 2 strength, you're able to control up to Tier 4 plant-matter? That's a large gap for a skill and I'd suggest saving it for a higher tier or something like that.

Consume Death: Not too sure if this is the tier where you can have two effects going on at once. However, in the case you can't, choose which one you'd like to pick. Seeing you already have a skill that slows, more healing would benefit you. Once again, I'm not too sure if two slight heals equate to a moderate. If so, then you may need to reduce this a bit to keep it within a high slight range or so. I'm also assuming, that if you do go with a cooldown, you'd be placing Consume Death on a total cooldown? Seems fair if you're allowed the whole two effects.

Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Synesthesia has been approved in the old skill tree, it'd be used via Synthesis items. It, itself, cannot have such effects unless the pods were consumed.

Stun Spores, I'll go with the stun

Advanced Morte: 2X does not equal a tier, or even two tiers higher. There are exponential increases between each tier so doubling does not equate to tiering up capabilities.

Consume Death: It can be argued that this is an optional effect used when utilizing the ability, and it's just two slights, not moderate. However if you think it can just become moderate if it's slight, then I will do so. As for the optional effect, I think that because it has to be triggered but if you want it reduced I can do that and make it slightly slowed.

edited stun spores
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Synthesia was still in the rework, so I addressed it as such.

Advanced Morte: I already know about tier increases, which is why I brought it up as being a problem in the first place. However, after getting through the wording, I understood what you actually meant. This is okay.

Consume Death: It can also be argued that you're able to use Feed alongside Decay. Not only this, but you're healing abilities are being doubled, which means you get four slight heals in one post. Four slight heals would more than likely equal a moderate, which is why I'm telling you if you want to go with both, the minute you activate it, it'd go on a higher cooldown completely, which would mean losing the double heals for the duration of its cooldown period. You can go with this or stick with getting double the healing skill out of all your skills or be able to moderately slow your opponent, with only slight heals (not double) and a cooldown.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Nah it's cool. Sorry for being short.

Alrighty.

I'm going to go with the healing. It sounds more appealing than slowing.

Forgot to add a length to Ravenous Life.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Bumpaza
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:20 pm

BUMPAJA