MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Morte - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Morte - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Morte - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Morte - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Morte

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Morte - Page 2 Empty Re: Morte

Post by Seeker of Carnage Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:49 pm

BUMP
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 pm

APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:06 pm

CHanged T1 S3 to Stop

Altered Vite e Morte
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Stop will need a set duration. Allowing you to choose how long a person is stopped for just because you have a higher cool down is not something I'm willing to do. Tier One has a cap of what it is capable of no matter what you sacrifice to achieve something more.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Stop will need a set duration. Allowing you to choose how long a person is stopped for just because you have a higher cool down is not something I'm willing to do. Tier One has a cap of what it is capable of no matter what you sacrifice to achieve something more.

Perhaps it is because I am tired, but Vite e Morte is so vague that it essentially has no definition beyond plants as a stated and known limitation because you do not clairfy in what manner it would scale Alongiside Morte.

Further, while vague limitations on manipulation would be fine for a much higher tier ability to allow for the rightful power and flexibility, it is not for Tier Two.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Can I base stop on character tier in terms of the maximum? 1 post maximum per CT?

I was really basing it the quantity off of how much I can manipulate as strength at one point did state the actual maximum weight. Since the manip itself scales with my strength I assumed it's within whatever I am capable of lifting. And in terms of plants, I mean any sort of vegetation or trees and such. Vines, trees, grown things that are a part of nature. If I had to state a quantity, I could go with measurements as I did before, but I'm thinking comparisons to varying sizes of forests at whatever tier (T2 not giving me a whole forest to play with obviously, probably a few trees). And i use trees as a point of comparison because they are the largest but most easily available thing as well as most recognizable.

I shall warn you I am also tired.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:18 pm

No.

The explanation does not sate me. Essentially, you are saying that if something occured and you were to boost your STR to T5 this T2 ability would allow you to manipulate approximately 96 total tons of plant life. While I enjoy people attempting to be clever to get more, this is not that. This is a direct power grab in correlation to a malleable but unrelated statistic. You aren't growing plants through telekinesis. At best, you are communicating with plants and letting them grow- that is the point of elemental manipulation. It has no actual relationship to your statistics and in fact, tying to a statistic horrifically weakens it in comparison to what it can actually do. You also aren't capable of creating new plant life or completely altering pre-existing plant life. For instance, you can not grow an Oak Tree to the size of a Red Wood. This limit may not have been as obvious as I had thought given recent events, so I am going to also address that here.

My opinion would be remove the dependency on the Strength Statistic because by trying to scale it, you create something too powerful for the current tier but too weak in the long run. Since it is a base ability, most of the heavy lifting and growth limitations should be carried within that area, and augmented by the rest. I would suggest focusing the rest of the tree in line with augmenting the plant manipulation- on contact effects like silence, stop, or poison for instance could be levied through the first tier. If anything, the base ability would scale with Character Tier with a better, generalized effect to allow for the ability to not be dependent on a statistic.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 pm

I will say that tethering the manipulation to the strength stat was before due to my previous understanding of manipulation so I was trying to keep the skill in line with my base. So I will remove the statistical limitation.

However, to my understanding, we are able to create our element we are manipulating via another skill, but I wasn't sure if it was T2 or T3 and what limitations it would have. Also, I assume I'd need to dedicate a skill to completely alter what's currently present, right? Assuming not just size. But when it comes to size, what use do I have in manipulating a tree if I cannot change its size? If I can only bend it around, that really doesn't make my base useful at all considering the scale of things. Generating wood in some form would of course not be bound by this I assume, but I am trying to generate my element so that I can use my elemental manipulation to its fullest capabilities.

If I cannot change the size via the base ability, I assume it would be an augment fitting in T2. Furthermore, for the generation of my element I wouldn't be doing it through telekinesis, It'd be as you said. my communication with nature and using my element to create it.

Also with the stop question, is it simply the part about choosing how long I make it?
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:26 pm

So in order for you to use Plant to its "fullest" abilities, you want to be able to manipulate plants in a manner that they aren't their normal form in one ability, rather than do real-world research on types of plants that would benefit different combat situations?

So basically if we follow this line of logic, a person who is manipulating fire should, with no altered abilities, be able to alter its color and temperature. Or alter the composition of the earth they are using. Or passively turn their water polluted or toxic. Or some other flavor of odd manipulation.

Yes. I would advise looking at other trees for an idea of what Stop could do at tier one. If you can not find an example, then I already have an idea.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 pm

No, I mean to be able to do something as simple as change the size. But it just seemed odd with this element, as unlike the more simplistic elements of fire or water this one can be a bit more complex. But you said you couldn't make one type of tree the size of another when previously elements have existed that allowed such an ability to do so, and then they were rid of to allow time to do it for some reason. So unless we are no longer able to over-grow what is governed by Plant, I would assume I could make a tree larger than it normally is. Or I could just produce things like wood and leave out the ability to make trees and such.

Realistically just generating the wood of a tree would be more useful than sprouting different plants because I assume Endurance is powerful enough to filter out all natural toxins and hallucinogens. Since it isn't purposed for poison, I assume growing something poisonous would be pointless. So for now, until I can further my tier, I am limited to the more physical aspect of plant manipulation. Also, altering the color of fire can be purely aesthetical.

No I was just making sure so I wasn't limiting myself. Already have an idea.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 pm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/overgrowth
Overgrowth, n- 1.) a growth overspreading or covering something, 2.) excessive growth: context of "to prune a young tree so as to prevent overgrowth"

Neither definition implies the severe enlargement of any plant-life to beyond natural bounds. Both definitions refer not to unnatural growth but unkempt or unchecked growth. Both have to do with plants left to grow without interference. In terms of why Overgrowth is no longer something that exists on site: Plant Manipulation in many forms either magical or supernatural provokes the enhanced or altered growth of plants, either in a very rapid adjustment or a very odd one. Additionally, it was decided that Advanced Elements should not form combinations with primary elements. This is what also lead to the removal of both Atrophy and Tide.

The current wording of this elemental manipulation ability states plant, not wood alone. Wood Manipulation would still be subject to what most other elements are, meaning you would need a source of would nearby, and would only be able to use the wood available to you. Basically, still just bending plants, as wood is a highly specific plant product which overall weakens the ability. Alternatively, if you would still just want to manipulate wood, you could create your own sources of wood either magically or supernaturally.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:25 am

Which I do want plant manipulation, and my goal is to overcome the limitation of the base by investing to produce my own resource. Is it or is it not possible to do so at T2?
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

It is possible to do so at the second tier. Perhaps next time, if I may offer advice, follow this example and ask the question in a clear and direct manner so that it can immediately be answered.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:33 am

"L'Ombra may produce the resource for his plant manipulation"

Is that fine or will it require some sort of limitation?
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:36 am

The only logical limitation is that you could not create plants that you are not aware of.
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Which i'm fine with that. I can use that to drive roleplay. Help create or bring out characteristics of my character now that I'm investing more into him.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Alright.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Changed Stop, Vite e Morte, Replaced Ravenous Life,

For Consume Death, can I safely assume it also applies the damage from sapping life twice? If not I will clarify in the skill that is my intention
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:51 am

L'Ombra wrote:Can I base stop on character tier in terms of the maximum? 1 post maximum per CT?
Game Master wrote:No.

Just in case you missed or disregarded this response.

Stun Spores needs a duration on stun.

For Enchanced Morte, I'd allow moderate at most at this tier. A 25% increase is much, much higher than moderate.

Advanced Morta has the same issue as enhanced morte. Tier Two caps out at moderate.

Since it is a double cast, Consume Death would need to be Tier Three.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Reference

I didn't disregard, that was for the original ability for choosing how long it lasts. But as it stands, its duration and cooldown grow and stay at a number equal to my character tier. Something you have allowed.

Since the type of skill I'm using doesn't seem like it'll benefit from having a moderate increase, I might as well replace them. Maybe it'll help now but in a long run, it doesn't seem worth the investment and the slots would likely do better as something else. I don't see how a moderate increase in the amount I can manipulate helps as I can't really measure how much that is.

I'll save it for T3 and replace it with something else then and bump once I have made the changes to the skills I said I would change.
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Regardless of what I allowed a month-and-a-half ago, exploration of the time element since then with abilities I've been involved with both in skill trees and in the ability section have altered my perception of the time element. While I am not inclined to go back through and force that member to change their skill, I have since decided to discontinue allowance of similar time-based abilities, specifically in reference to abilities such as stop. Among time-based abilities, stop seems to have the most impact thus far and holds the highest cool downs. A paid stop spell with the starting potential to lock somebody for 4 posts is 15 Post Cool Down, and costs a fair amount of MP. Moreover, basic common sense has informed me that a one-to-one cooldown/duration ratio is a poor idea in regards to an element who is meant to have the primary drawback of a longer cool down. Additionally, other precedents of buffs and abilities that scale with character tier that are placed at tier one and tier two have recently received disclaimers that state that they have an effectiveness cap. You can not use scaling to bypass what your tier is capable of, and while that isn't always clear, I will make it clear in this case: a stop spell normally should only stunlock for one-two posts.

Since I really do not wish to debate further: Your Stop can lock an opponent in time for two posts, and will have between eight to ten posts of cool down. I will let you choose whichever of the two you prefer.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Carnage Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:29 pm

I took your previous advice after stepping away from the approval and rethinking some things. So I changes some skills to have more effects that work in tune with my fighting style.

Can I compound the last two into one?
Seeker of Carnage
Seeker of Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Which two are you referring to?
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down