MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Beyond Time Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Beyond Time Skill Tree

+2
Game Master
Zyvonia
6 posters

Go down

Beyond Time Skill Tree Empty Beyond Time Skill Tree

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Time Consumer: Within a 100 feet radius, the character can drain up to one posts' worth of time at a time from individuals within that space every round that this ability is active. As a result, all of Hayden's currently active cooldowns are decreased by one post per every character within that range every two rounds. All other characters within this area will gain an additional post of cooldown every two posts as long as they remain in range, regardless of whether or not the skill, spell, or ability would usually have one. This affects MP Cooldown. All additional cooldowns are added after cooldown reducing abilities would be calcuated. This ability is an aura effect. This Aura does not affect passive abilities.
Base Ability Cool Down: N/A

Tier One
She Waits: Whenever any of Hayden's cool downs complete, Hayden gains one stack of .Retributive Theory as defined in the linked ability.
When You Get This: Within Time Consumer's Range: within that range, if anybody uses a spell or skill Hayden may halt the activation of that ability. If that ability costs MP, the MP is refunded.  Cooldown: ten posts.
Days That Passed Away: Hayden can designate any cool down once every five posts. As long as that cooldown is less than five posts, he may reset the cooldown immediately.
You'll Get Yours Paid In Full: Once per topic: Hayden may declare one ability that would normally only be able to be activated by meeting certain conditions, and remove those conditions once. Any other conditions remain in affect.
Wait For Me, Alright?: If one of  Hayden's abilities would affect an individual, he may use this ability. The ability that he declares with this ability may not take effect upon that individual until Hayden triggers it. However, if he does not trigger the ability within ten posts of it making contact, the ability will automatically trigger. This only affects one ability at a time.

Tier Two
Metronome: Once every two rounds, Hayden can designate a currently active cooldown he has and decrease it by two posts.  
Days That Make Us: In a situation where any activated ability of Hayden's would have a cooldown, he can instead use this skill. What remains of that Cooldown is given to this skill instead, plus one. This skill can not be used again until the full Cooldown expires. This skill can not be used on the same skill consecutively in either direction.
In Time Decide: Hayden may designate two currently active cooldowns of his abilities once every five posts. He may shift the cooldown of one ability entirely to the other.
Can't Last Forever: If one of Hayden's abilities gains a cooldown that totals over over ten posts from other abilities, he can reduce the cooldown to ten posts once per five posts.

Tier Three
On Every Hour it Detonates: Time Consumer now cools down Hayden's abilities every post, rather than every two.
So Long Sitting: If the character makes physical contact with an individual, he can force them to take on any one of his currently active cooldowns, which will be applied to anything of theirs currently undergoing cooldown that Hayden is aware of. He can only do this once per contact. Alternatively: Hayden can trigger this same ability through When You Get This once per use of that ability.
If I'm To Be Killed, Then When?: If Hayden is KO'd during a topic: once, automatically, he may declare any point within one minute of that moment, and restore his physical form to comparable condition, curing KO and healing based on his status then.

Tier Fourth
The Ring In Return: Time Consumer now passively reduces all of Hayden's Cooldowns by Two Posts
From The Beginning: Whenever one of Hayden's cool downs ends, the time it takes for any and all cool down  periods to end are reduced by one, permanently. This change lasts until the end of the topic.

Tier Five
Neverender: Time Consumer now has two additional effects. Once every twenty posts, Hayden can designate two cooldowns and reset them completely. In addition, when he does this, he will automatically put all individuals in range in a state of MP cooldown. Further, Time Consumer's range is increased to two-hundred feet.

Last edited by Seeker of Retribution on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Beyond Time Skill Tree Empty Re: Beyond Time Skill Tree

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Bump, because I don't want to keep my partners waiting too long.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:02 pm

I cast Bumpaga for 450 MP. I summon a Moderator for 9 DP.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:57 am

When you get this: is the mana for the spell used for the initial casting or when it's activated?
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:59 am

Wait for me, alroght: add a cool down.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:02 am

From the beginning will need a limit.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

The mana for the spell is used when it is cast initially. Hence, the delay effect. If it weren't spent at the moment, then it could feasibly be avoid being spent altogether.

Why? It can only be used on one person at a time. It's essentially a delay effect like When You Get This, except for my magical effects specifically.

Why? It's a tier four ability. From what I understand, 25 MP is about a moderate increase. Limiting my ability to stack goes against another, currently existing skill tree that has an easier exploit, two methods of expounding upon that exploit, and no limitation whatsoever as well as a T4 ability with that imbues a Severe increase rather than a moderate.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:54 pm

So is that a skill tree I approved or is it one that you approved?
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Tis one I approved towards the beginning of the site. I have no issue with people being able to stack buffs on stats or abilities like that because in terms of stats: they can not ascend past the next tier unless stated, and I likely would make them adopt another skill that acted on their already present buffs that required them to go to the next step.

As for abilities, the issue is slightly trickier. General damage output is not something I mind since damage resistance is just as easy to raise. In terms of raising spells power, while I can't recall the exact tree I did improve something similar to this, I believe. The fact is that the skill can only affect one ability at a time. In a short battle it offers little advantage. It's meant to offer more power in a longer battle when I have an ability that needs repeated use.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:06 pm

What bothers me about it is the 25MP. Descriptors would be better, in my opinion.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 am

That so that if the ability encountered another ability of equivalent cost, it would be treated as stronger. And as I said form what I understand 25 MP about a moderate increase. I can edit in the word moderate alongside the stated amount of the increase for clarity.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:19 pm

I think Hayden can speak for himself, GM.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:33 am

What GM just said except picture GM with a fake mustache and that's me. It fell off when I was typing last time.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Approved.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue May 12, 2015 5:23 am

Time Consumer should not be able to affect passives. You're also doing two things with your base ability, lowering your cooldowns and increasing others. Would the former allow you to eventually, instantaneously replenish MP? Is there a limit to the latter?

I'd say you'd only get to choose between one or the other, but there may be instances where two powerful abilities were allowed in the base ability. If so, i'd like to see examples on their jurisdiction for comparison.

Days The Make Us, So Long Sitting, and In Time Decide, are too powerful for their respective tiers.

You'll Get Yours Paid In Full, would this ability allow you to eventually instantaneously replenish MP?

From The Beginning will not be able to circumvent the established spell power cap.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Tue May 12, 2015 7:43 am

On time Consumer: if there were enough characters present, it would completely reduce my cool downs. For example: if it takes six posts to cool down, and I am engaged in a fight involving six additional people, my MP pool would cool down immediately.

I've always viewed it as being a single ability: I drain time from others, and give that time to myself. Unless those two stages would be better separately? If I have to search through the skill trees to provide an example, then I will. If I can't turn one up, then I have to abide your judgement.

Moved some abilities around, hopefully its more acceptable.

Yes.

Alright.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 pm

I really like Time Consumer's explanation. Other than the fact that it can affect passives, it's fine as is.

I wrote Days The Make Us, not Days That Passed Away, but keep the edit, as it better balances the ability.

Because it is in tier two, Days The Make Us cannot target the same skill consecutively.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed May 13, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm not sure how it could affect passives- if they are passive, then they wouldn't have a cool down correct? I can't place a cool down where there never was one, unless the ability said so. I can make that more clear if it should be.

I will keep the ruling on Days that Make us in mind. Would you like me to edit in the clarification?

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed May 13, 2015 4:55 pm

regardless of whether or not the skill, spell, or ability would usually have one.

Ah, so that only was referred to say a spell that cost 20 MP, but with no cooldown, not passive/constant abilities? It was a misinterpretation then.

And yeah, please do so.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed May 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Edits made. Edited the base ability for further clarity.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Made the following changes:

She Waits no longer has a stop effect for inanimate object. It instead grants a stack of Retributive Theory as defined through Prelude to Justice, linked in the skill.

When You Get This now does not delay use of abilities by an opponent. Instead, it now acts upon activated abilities and halts them, refunding MP where applicable.

You'll Get Yours Paid In Full no longer reduces MP Cool Down, and instead removes conditional limitations that would prevent the use of any one ability, once.

So Long Sitting has an addendum: it can now be applied through use of When You Get This with the same limitations.

If I'm To Be Killed, Then When? no longer allows an automatic dodge within a limitation. Instead, it now provides a from KO revival effect, and allows restoration of form comparable to condition within any period existing inside a small window of time.

From The Beginning no longer boosts the power of a spell upon Cool Down. As an expansion on the original version of You'll Get Yours Paid In Full, every time something cools down, all cool down periods are reduced permanently (within that topic only)

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 pm

BA: Your cool downs will not be able to go past 1, as to prevent spamming of skills/abilities.

Tier Two
Metronome- I'm guessing "two rounds" means "posts," correct? Just a clarification.

Tier Three
If I'm To Be Killed, Then When?- This can only be done once per topic. I don't know if your wording hinted at this already, but I feel as though you should't be able to constantly revive from KO, even if you do take on a physical condition from within the minute.

Tier Four:
The Ring In Return- As per meta, we do not allow you to passively increase your cool downs anymore than one post. Make a condition that has to be met, in order to grant any additional post reductions.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:31 pm

The base ability doesn't passively reduce cool downs, so them decreasing past 1 is a non-issue. This base can indeed push things beyond 1 post for cool down since it is not a permanent reduction, is intrinsically variable, and is in fact actively reducing the costs rather than passively influencing them.

Rounds are defined more explicitly in the meta, but yes, essentially. Rounds and posts, for the sake of cool downs and other abilities that use posts/rounds are the same thing.

The wording does indeed say once.

As per the meta reduction, this would qualify as a passive reduction and would not be able to reduce cool down periods to less than one. However, I would need to know why, as a Tier 4 ability, it needs further drawbacks as the reasoning is not elaborated upon. I have no intention to reduce it to less than 1 post with this ability per say.
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:59 pm

BA: Reading it closer, this does act more like an active skill than a passive. My apologies.

Okay

Okay

Due to misreading the BA, I now understand what you're trying to do with this. Other than that, your **** tree is:
APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down